Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,940 members, 7,873,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. (1101 Views)

2019: Ex-generals, Governors, Ministers Regroup To Battle Buhari / Niger Delta Militants Regroup, Appraise Attack Plan / Non-Yoruba Indigenes In South West Regroup Under NYIEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by Stingman: 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
YORUBA leaders from various groups and organisations, including Afenifere, Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE), Afenifere Renewal Group (ARG), Yoruba Unity Forum (YUF), among others on Wednesday met in Lagos to chart a way forward for Yoruba nation and also step up struggle for the restructuring of country under a federal system of government.

The 3- hour meeting tagged, Yoruba Summit and held at the Lekki residence of Chief Ayo Adebanjo, an Afenifere leader, who also presided, had personalities in attendance including Archbishop Ayo Ladigbolu, General Alani Akinrinade, Senator Femi Okunrounmu, former governor of Ogun State, Aremo Segun Osoba; former deputy governor of Lagos State, Chief (Mrs.) Kofoworola Burknor- Akerele; Prof. Banji Akintoye, Prof. Bayo Williams, Dr. (Mrs.) Tokunbo Awolowo- Dosunmu, Chief (Mrs.) Nike Akande and Chief Goke Omisore.

Others are, Chief Kehinde Sofola (SAN), Dr. Femi Olajide, Senator Mojisoluwa Akinfenwa, Chief Supo Sonibare, Dr. Amos Akingba, Otunba Gani Adams, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, among others.

Speaking after the closed- door meeting, Afenifere spokesperson, Mr. Odumakin, informed that the meeting was not about a certain Yoruba group, but of cross section of groups and organisations in Yoruba land, including all leaders that were in attendance and those that were not as well as those that were yet to come on board.

According to Odumakin, Yoruba leaders at the parley resolved on the need to step up the struggle for the restructuring of Nigeria by ensuring unity among those in attendance and those that were yet to be brought together in order to be able to speak with one voice on issues of common interest.

He, however, noted that the meeting was a precursor of a larger Yoruba Summit which was in the offing and would be held soon.

“It’s a meeting of Yoruba leaders, who have come together to look at the state of Yoruba nation within Nigeria. You can see the people, the who is who are here and we resolved on the need for the Yoruba to step up the struggle for the restructuring of Nigeria, to work on our unity among those who are here and to bring in those who are not here so that Yoruba can stand as one and to pursue the economic growth in Yoruba land.

“And towards this, Yoruba would be having a summit where all shades of Yoruba people that are not even here would gather.

“This one is not a meeting of any group. It is not a sectional meeting, it is a meeting of all Yoruba leaders, who have resolved that time has come for us to speak with one voice, with one vote and to navigate our way to a properly structured Nigeria, and we want to live under Federalism,” he said.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/yoruba-leaders-regroup-step-struggle-restructuring-nigeria/

Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
ok
Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by omenkaLives(m): 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
Restructure, yes. And anyone who wants to secede....

Kai, Rule 9 could be such pain in the rump. If i say what i wanna, i'd be banned for "supporting secession" and i dont wanna get banned so some nitwits who run around here spreading falsehood unhindered would have a field day.. cry
Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by midolstudent(m): 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
Restructure, yes. And anyone who wants to secede....

Kai, Rule 9 could be such pain in the rump. If i say what i wanna, i'd be banned for "supporting secession" and i dont wanna get banned so some nitwits who run around here spreading falsehood unhindered would have a field day.. cry

my Yoruba Muslim brother, do u know that der is no atom of sense in this trash u just typed? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by omenkaLives(m): 9:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
midolstudent:
my Yoruba Muslim brother, do u know that der is no atom of sense in this trash u just typed? grin
Thank you for your unsolicited opinion my Ebonyi iboe yoot.

When is the red monkey rounding up his sabatical in kuje? cheesy
Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by midolstudent(m): 9:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
Thank you for your unsolicited opinion my Ebonyi iboe yoot.

When is the red monkey rounding up his sabatical in kuje? cheesy
d same day ur gf of 10years dat abandoned ur ewedu skull will find love and marry a more reasonable human being dat doesn't reason through his anus grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by omenkaLives(m): 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
midolstudent:
d same day ur lost girlfriend of 10years will find love and marry a more reasonable human being dat doesn't reason through his anus grin
Okay, i wish the red monkey well then, my Ebonyi Iboe yoot. grin

Having fun on some other thread with my best buddie shukuokukobambi, let me leave you here to wail your misery away, deserted and lonely.

I really dont like talking to Ebonyi Ibhoes, i prefer Anambra igbos. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by zionmade(m): 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
As a proud yoruba i say no to restructuring.our struggles and Resources must be used to develop our masters lands first. Afterall its master before servant.
SAY NO TO RESTRUCTURING WE MUST REMAIN UNDER OUR MASTERS WITH ALL LOYALTY

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by midolstudent(m): 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
omenkaLives:

Having fun on some other thread with my best buddie shukuokukobambi, let me leave you here to wail your misery away, deserted and lonely.

oh I understand wat u mean by dat ..its time for u to go and pour d remainin 0.6 litres of semen remainin in ur balls over one biafra topic dat u keep claimin u "don't care about"
Insha Allahu my Yoruba Muslim brother
More vaseline to ur amala squeezing palm grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
midolstudent:
oh I understand wat u mean by dat ..its time for u to go and pour d remainin 0.6 litres of semen remainin in ur balls over one biafra topic dat u keep claimin u "don't care about"
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by basilo102: 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hohoho, hahaha, did i smell fear of Osinbajo's ass being kicked if anything happen to Buhari?? These afonjas think we are kids. all of a sudden, yorubas are talking of breakup and restructuring?? Buhari please come back and intensify their hunger, that is what they enjoy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by basilo102: 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2017
midolstudent:
I love when omenka is being dealt with. Give am more blows bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by ZombieKilla: 10:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
zionmade:
As a proud yoruba i say no to restructuring.our struggles and Resources must be used to develop our masters lands first. Afterall its master before servant.
SAY NO TO RESTRUCTURING WE MUST REMAIN UNDER OUR MASTERS WITH ALL LOYALTY
U mean Yoruba Muslim
Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by ZombieKilla: 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
omenkaLives:

Go crawl into a deep hole and do the needful.... You are taking up space that might be useful to mankind
Just disappear or something

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Regroup, Step Up Struggle For Restructuring Of Nigeria. by zionmade(m): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
ZombieKilla:
U mean Yoruba Muslim
Wats d difference We dont need progress we want to be as backwards as our masters in the north

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FG Not Ready To Give Kanu Fair Trial — IPOB / IGBOS Should Not Be Stereotyped. / Dogara Defies Saraki, Calls Ali's Uniform Saga A Mere Distraction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.