Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,664 members, 7,945,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Beautiful Calabar In Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures (122231 Views)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures / The Beautiful Calabar Marina! Add To Your List Of Places To Visit This Year. / Banana Island In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by AT1: 10:24am On Dec 13, 2009
Really Beautiful, i love these pictures. More of them pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase cheesy
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by KnowAll(m): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2009
To think all these beauitiful pictures and sights are non existant before 1999, One can only summise with all sincerity that Duke was definately not sitting on his laurels of being a Governor, he was actually working for the people. The man without mincing words definately deserve a short at the Presidency.

Fantastic pictures ,
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by celemel(m): 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2009
Am surprised a lot of people still ask questions here about Calabar. This town is the most wow town in Nigeria. I live here and simply can't let go of the place even when I no longer work in Calabar. The pictures up are real, except for the WHAT TO EXPECT part. I guess the poster copied the Demo pixs by Six Planets to put up. The Theme Park isn't yet on the ground. I've howvere seen pixs of the Cable Car @ Obudu Ranch, Tinapa Resort, Tinapa Water Park, Welcome to Calabar, the 'noiseless streets' (devoid of the Okada menace!) and the serenity of our Canaan Land. I implore all and sundry to come home to Calabar and experience peace. There's no place like it in NIgeria. I bet!
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by brooknam99: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2009
THONIASLIM U CALABAR!!!! grin i heard of u guys' "skills". nice. hit me up
@the amaka, waaat, u calabar too??!!?oh, boy

BEAUTIFUL PICS. NOW, WHOEVER COMES FROM THIS PLACE HAS BRAGGING RIGHTS, NOT LIKE THOSE APOCALYPSE PICS OF ENUGU AND ABIA THAT MEKUSXXX, ALOY EMEKA, AND NCHARA KEEP POSTING UP AS SIGNS OF "DEVELOPMENT".
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by dustydee: 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2009
@poster
the topic should be "beautiful cross river" not calabar since you included pictures from Obudu. very beautiful place.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by londoner: 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2009
Lovely place, shows what we can achieve when our hearts are in the right place. Its not just Duke, the people of Calabar are on board with his visions and they have maintained what was given to them. Without that, it would have been run down by now.

This is what we should put energy into, and not the sensless tribalist rubbish we waste time on.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by asunaobi(m): 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2009
Touch of class! The slogan for Calabar should be " Come lets spoil you a little". Good job!
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2009
What about the calabar people? Has anyone ever imagined why calabar girls are cheap? I reiterate, poverty walks on all four in this city. Liyel, we are tired of aesthetics, empower the youth!

Recently, the house of assemply just passed the Cross River Xmas Festival bill into law, what of a bill that would bring food to the table of an average Calabar person? This is a government that has misplaced its priority. I still maintain, how many people can afford going to Tinapa or the Ranch resort? I'm well informed about this place because it's my hometown.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by THEAMAKA1: 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2009
brooknam99:

THONIASLIM U CALABAR!!!! grin i heard of u guys' "skills". nice. hit me up
@the amaka, waaat, u calabar too??!!?oh, boy

BEAUTIFUL PICS. NOW, WHOEVER COMES FROM THIS PLACE HAS BRAGGING RIGHTS, NOT LIKE THOSE APOCALYPSE PICS OF ENUGU AND ABIA THAT MEKUSXXX, ALOY EMEKA, AND NCHARA KEEP POSTING UP AS SIGNS OF "DEVELOPMENT".
im not calabar ooooo!! lol
but i just love that place (even though i havent been there yet)
im still hoping, ONE DAY!! grin
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Funkstein(m): 10:59pm On Dec 13, 2009
Girls in Calabar are no cheaper than girls anywhere else in Nigeria or for that matter in many other parts of the developing world. PERIOD

And when it comes to youth empowerment look at what it did to Eket, somehow I think the youth need to know their place and let the older statesmen do their jobs.

It would appear that Donald Dukes strategy is indeed a plausible one if not without its niggly flaws, in an attempt to make Cross River State the capital of tourism in West Africa, he has enhanced the already sound infrastructure and built upon its strengths, this can only serve ultimately to bring money to the state with the ultimate bettermnent of its people, afterall there are economies all over the world that rely soley on Tourism, and their citizens benefit from it at every level.

Fynewaka I would like to ask just one question of you ! what do you foresee as the contents of your proposed bill that would bring food to the table of the average Calabarian ?
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by londoner: 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2009
Tourism, will eventually bring food to the table of people of calabar. It is an INDUSTRY after all. Hotels, tours,food,transport,hospitality, souveneirs, etc

Or is the government supposed to turn up at their door on the first of the month with a sack of race, tomatoes and chickens?

The potential can be supported into an industry which then creates jobs, the same way it does in Jamaica/Thailand/florida/Ghana/South Africa, etc.

Even making a holiday destination to Nigerians alone, will create jobs out of sheer demand.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by bdidi: 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2009
yeah!!!!!!!!!! this is beautiful cally. i plan on relocating my family there very soon!!!! and then build my dream house there also. All these pretty soon.

I have worked here for 6yrs now and i don't think i would want to go back to las gidi, i mean lagos for anything other than visitation.

Calabar!!!!! here i want to be grin

This is just the beginning of beautiful things to come to cally now that okada biz is restricted or stopped, wow!!!! check it out this Christmas
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by mamagee3(f): 12:15am On Dec 14, 2009
Calabar is a beautiful city meant for recreation. cheesy cheesy
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by asunaobi(m): 1:59am On Dec 14, 2009
fynewaka:

What about the calabar people? Has anyone ever imagined why calabar girls are cheap? I reiterate, poverty walks on all four in this city. Liyel, we are tired of aesthetics, empower the youth!

Recently, the house of assemply just passed the Cross River Xmas Festival bill into law, what of a bill that would bring food to the table of an average Calabar person? This is a government that has misplaced its priority. I still maintain, how many people can afford going to Tinapa or the Ranch resort? I'm well informed about this place because it's my hometown.

Are you saying that it will be better to make the calabar environment very dirty and dis organised? What point are you really trying to stress out?
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by ladej(m): 2:00am On Dec 14, 2009
mama-gee:

Calabar is a beautiful city meant for recreation. cheesy cheesy
grin
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by THEAMAKA1: 2:01am On Dec 14, 2009
bdidi:

yeah!!!!!!!!!! this is beautiful cally. i plan on relocating my family there very soon!!!! and then build my dream house there also. All these pretty soon.

I have worked here for 6yrs now and i don't think i would want to go back to las gidi, i mean lagos for anything other than visitation.

Calabar!!!!! here i want to be grin

This is just the beginning of beautiful things to come to cally now that okada biz is restricted or stopped, wow!!!! check it out this Christmas
[size=40pt]GBAM!!![/size]
i dey hear you ooooo!! grin grin grin
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by cuteedd(m): 3:22am On Dec 14, 2009
Calabar mite b d cleanest in nigeria but its people are really suffering 4m porverty. Dis pics only shows obudu which is not calabar and tinapa which is not in calabar main city. 80% of its people are poor and cant afford 2 visit this places. I dont c it as a place 2 come and raise a family at all just a place 2 come and have fun and go cos there in no money in d town at all. Y didnt u take pics of calabar south were d area boy and thugs hang out. Places like watt market, goldie, moint zion, orok orok, yellow duke, nelson mandela, atamunu, webber, chamney, etc all does village like areas in calabar ehmmm? No five star hotel in calabar with 1 small club and u say d place is fine. As 4 me d only good thing there is just there girls. Due 2 porverty they are so loose with themselves and like sex alot. I had a friend back then, all he needed 2 do 2 sleep with a calabar girl who is provin hard 2 get was just 2 buy a bottle of mineral and it does d trick. Even uyo looks beta than calabar. so 4 u guys goin down there 2 have fun pls dont waste ur money on any calabar girl ohh. 1 bottle of fanta or coke is enough 2 get her in bed.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by THEAMAKA1: 3:27am On Dec 14, 2009
cute_edd:

Calabar mite b d cleanest in nigeria but its people are really suffering 4m porverty. Dis pics only shows obudu which is not calabar and tinapa which is not in calabar main city. 80% of its people are poor and cant afford 2 visit this places. I dont c it as a place 2 come and raise a family at all just a place 2 come and have fun and go cos there in no money in d town at all. Y didnt u take pics of calabar south were d area boy and thugs hang out. Places like watt market, goldie, moint zion, orok orok, yellow duke, nelson mandela, atamunu, webber, chamney, etc all does village like areas in calabar ehmmm? No five star hotel in calabar with 1 small club and u say d place is fine. As 4 me d only good thing there is just there girls. Due 2 porverty they are so loose with themselves and like sex alot. I had a friend back then, all he needed 2 do 2 sleep with a calabar girl who is provin hard 2 get was just 2 buy a bottle of mineral and it does d trick. Even uyo looks beta than calabar. so 4 u guys goin down there 2 have fun pls dont waste your money on any calabar girl ohh. 1 bottle of fanta or coke is enough 2 get her in bed.
well i believe the promiscuity part because they say Cross River has the second highest percentage of people living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria after Benue State.
so maybe that part is true. undecided
sad stuff though. . .
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by djungle(m): 3:32am On Dec 14, 2009
Calabar, Market.

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by djungle(m): 3:37am On Dec 14, 2009
The harbour at Calabar, Nigeria

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by jona2: 4:09am On Dec 14, 2009
sad
cute_edd:

Calabar mite b d cleanest in nigeria but its people are really suffering 4m porverty. Dis pics only shows obudu which is not calabar and tinapa which is not in calabar main city. 80% of its people are poor and cant afford 2 visit this places. I dont c it as a place 2 come and raise a family at all just a place 2 come and have fun and go cos there in no money in d town at all. Y didnt u take pics of calabar south were  d area boy and thugs hang out. Places like watt market, goldie, moint zion, orok orok, yellow duke, nelson mandela, atamunu, webber, chamney, etc all does village like areas in calabar ehmmm? No five star hotel in calabar with 1 small club and u say d place is fine. As 4 me d only good thing there is just there girls. Due 2 porverty they are so loose with themselves and like sex alot. I had a friend back then, all he needed 2 do 2 sleep with a calabar girl who is provin hard 2 get was just 2 buy a bottle of mineral and it does d trick. Even uyo looks beta than calabar.  so 4 u guys goin down there 2 have fun pls dont waste your money on any calabar girl ohh. 1 bottle of fanta or coke is enough 2 get her in bed.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Justcash(m): 4:27am On Dec 14, 2009
Mhen Calabar is beautiful. I grew up in Cross river state, studied in Calabar for (Unical one of the most beautiful and enjoyable schools in 9ija), everything is confirmed about that city. When I went from there to serve in Ogun state, It was like going from Singapore to Lagos. Lagos is a slum compared to Cali. Even the slums there are neat compared to what is obtainable in other states. The Markets are tiled and organised. Every other part like Ikom, Obubra, Obudu, Odukpani etc are surpposed to country sides and small towns, yet they are very cool places compared to those in other states. I spent my childhood in Ikom,
I was heart broken when Donald Duke was not allowed to be the president. that guy is a geniuse. When he was in power, you'd pass an unkept street one day and notice that it has be taken care of the next week, I still wonder how Owerri won the cleanest city in Nigeria (I am from Imo state).
Sometimes I feel CrossRiverians are not Nigerians.
I'l definitely settle there when I return to 9ija with my Chinese queen. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by THEAMAKA1: 4:33am On Dec 14, 2009
Justcash:

Mhen Calabar is beautiful. I grew up in Cross river state, studied in Calabar for (Unical one of the most beautiful and enjoyable schools in 9ija), everything is confirmed about that city. When I went from there to serve in Ogun state, It was like going from Singapore to Lagos. Lagos is a slum compared to Cali. Even the slums there are neat compared to what is obtainable in other states. The Markets are tiled and organised. Every other part like Ikom, Obubra, Obudu, Odukpani etc are surpposed to country sides and small towns, yet they are very cool places compared to those in other states. I spent my childhood in Ikom,
I was heart broken when Donald Duke was not allowed to be the president. that guy is a geniuse. When he was in power, you'd pass an unkept street one day and notice that it has be taken care of the next week, I still wonder how Owerri won the cleanest city in Nigeria (I am from Imo state).
Sometimes I feel CrossRiverians are not Nigerians.
I'l definitely settle there when I return to 9ija with my Chinese queen. smiley smiley smiley
[size=50pt]BULL****!!![/size]
AND WTF IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN? WHAT ABOUT NIGERIANS AGAIN? WHAT WERE YOU SAYING ABOUT YOURSELF?
AND YOUR CHINESE QUEEN?
OHHHHHHHHH PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Owerri USED to be the cleanest city, FYI.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Justcash(m): 4:40am On Dec 14, 2009
Calabar is beautiful.
I grew up in Cross river state (Ikom). I studied in Calabar for 8 years @ Unical (one of the most beautiful and enjoyable schools in 9ija). Believe me, everything about that state is confirmed. When I went from there to serve in Ogun state, It was like going from Singapore to Lagos.
Lagos is a slum compared to Cross river state. Even the slums in Cross river are neat compared to what is obtainable in other states. When i was there, I thought the slums were very bad untill I went to spend sometime @ Mushin with my Aunt.
The Markets are tiled with interlocking stones and are organised.
Every other part like Ikom, Obubra, Obudu, Odukpani etc are  country sides and small towns, yet they are very  cool places compared to those in other states. I spent my childhood in Ikom.
I was heart broken when Donald Duke was not allowed to be the president. That guy is a geniuse. Though he stole some money sha, but he worked. When he was in power, you'd pass an unkept street one day and notice that it has be taken care of the next week. I am still wondering how Owerri won the cleanest city in Nigeria (I am from Imo state).
Sometimes I feel Cross riverians are not Nigerians.
I'l definitely settle there when I return to 9ija with my Chinese queen.  smiley smiley smiley
For those that are talking about poverty in Cross river, it will interest you to know that that state has more small and medium scale job opportunities than other states.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Justcash(m): 4:50am On Dec 14, 2009
@The-AMAKA:
I meant that Crossriverians give more room for development to take place. Duke and Co exhibited the political will at a time when curruption was eating deep into Nigeria (Obasanjo's regime)
I am happily married to a Chinese, who I love so much. I will settle with her in Calabar (It's not a crime)
What did I say about myself that you didn't understand?

"Owerri USED to be the cleanest city, FYI."
It is no more the cleanest. Ohakim is not even helping issues with his unscrupulous clean and Green initiative. (The EFCC are after him now for curruption)
No offence, I am just saying the whole truth. wink
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by mmaks: 10:23am On Dec 14, 2009
@ davi hack - u be bad belle
@ fine waka - u are retrogressive

i lived and schooled in Unical whicn happens to be one of the most serene academic institutions in Nigeria

and i presently live in Port harcourt , but i still long for Calabar. The place brings out the best in how a

peaceful society is supposed to be. most of the streets are tarred and very neat. the people have

unconsciously imbibed the culture of cleanliness. the average calabar street is devoid of the eye sore i see

in so called garden city of Port Harcourt. abeg i have booked my room in my usual holiday guset in for the carnival. i

can't wait to go groove in Cannan City jooo.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by honeric01(m): 11:05am On Dec 14, 2009
i wish i had friends in calabar, it would have been cool, been planning on going to calabar for the carnival since 2 years ago, there was a time my younger and i planned to visit for the carnival but we are just not sure what to expect. (witches and the human eating part scared us embarassed embarassed embarassed)
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by BeautfulB(f): 11:24am On Dec 14, 2009
hulala, cious
i'll be going to see the love of my life in calabar he promised to take me to tinapa this xmas this will be my greatess xmas ever. guess wat i ment him in NL and we are madly inlove
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by honeric01(m): 11:33am On Dec 14, 2009
Beautful.B:

hulala, cious
i'll be going to see the love of my life in calabar he promised to take me to tinapa this xmas this will be my greatess xmas ever. guess wat i ment him in NL and we are madly inlove

uhm, u are in love with a nairalander? great. grin
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by BeautfulB(f): 11:41am On Dec 14, 2009
^^^my dear this is very serious, i ever wanted to let the cat out of the basket until we head to the alter, have not set my eyes on him either but we are madly love with each other kiss kiss kiss
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by honeric01(m): 11:58am On Dec 14, 2009
Beautful.B:

^^^my dear this is very serious, i ever wanted to let the cat out of the basket until we head to the alter, have not set my eyes on him either but we are madly love with each other kiss kiss kiss

well, good for you but don't come here crying when he decided to take to his heels after taking his share from the national cake tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.