Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,090 members, 7,880,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:47 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (898737 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
doyinwbaby:

guys HELP!!! sad traveled to south Africa once and to UAE five times.

@justwise @michV @osemigho gurus! help a sister out.

Case had been treated well by others. Get GCMS and tackle their concern(s). You may want to start looking for admission in your UG degree or your field of experience.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
hi, I am new here..... would like to ask if there is anyone who finished with a 4.0 and above and got visa to study in a college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
Tee248490:
hi, I am new here..... would like to ask if there is anyone who finished with a 4.0 and above and got visa to study in a college

Please get a masters admission and apply for TRV its safer and easier to get TRV via this process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
so, no one on this thread with 2'1 has gotten trv for a college..... its not even worth it to try? Fanshawe to be precise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cheapphones: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
Please I submitted my application to carleton uni for MASc on 31st of January and till now no feedback, application still under review by department. I think it's taking too long or is that how long they usually take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2017
cheapphones:
Please I submitted my application to carleton uni for MASc on 31st of January and till now no feedback, application still under review by department. I think it's taking too long or is that how long they usually take?

You may be right that it is too long but only them - the school- can determine when it will be. You can ask your program administrator, in a formal and professional manner, when it will be.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Redaddict: 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
bosbebe:
Dear Guru's in the house, am abt completing documentation for my trv. The below are the documents, kindly review and see if I miss out anything. One again I am going for MBA at Vanouver island university. I am a law graduate with LLM from UK. and I have been working in one of the big 4 accounting firm for 8 years now. Currently a manager and thus one of the reason I chose MBA. Spouse is sponsor with own company and not applying with three kids initially, although we all have trv(visiting Visa). they will come around ;ater
WAEC result
LLB certificate
LLM certificate
BL certificate
NYSC certificate
Marriage certificate
Newspaper change of name
LLM transcript
police character statement from uk
police character statement from nigeria
Letter of employment
Letter of promotion
letter of introduction/leave letter
Payslips
pension certificate
Tax clearance certificate
Applicant SOA
Certificate of incorporations of business (Spouse)
Company Bank statement (spouse)
certificate of Incorporation and bank statement (applicant's own business)
CV
SOP
Admission letter
Receipt of payment of school fees
Birth certificate
children birth certificate
parent data page
sponsor letter
Affidavit of sponsor
Sponsor bank statement

Hi, I believe your documents are in order. Please How much did you pay for school fees and are u doing the dual MBA or single?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
ozzy2:

Please add: Idowu3080, 21st April, M.A MUN, paper route.

LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
8. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
9. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
10. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Medical mail 24th March.
12. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
13. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
14. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
15. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
16. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route
17. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
18. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
19. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
Tee248490:
so, no one on this thread with 2'1 has gotten trv for a college..... its not even worth it to try? Fanshawe to be precise
Hello please get something straight, getting TRV with PGD/PGC is not by grade, its the ability to make ur intentions known to the VO while you chose the course and why it's PGD that is right for you, I'll always advice peeps here with reasonable work experience that is align with their UG to freely try with PGD/PGC.

Masters admission gives u edge in TRV Bcox some of the admission comes with funding and d level of study wch leaves some burden off ur SOA and its one way of showing commitment and so on so fourth. We have alot of testimonies here of PGD/PGC with 2.1. Your intentions and reason for going for the program is what is key. Once u can clear d doubts of purpose of visit and av good financial strength amongst others supporting materials I think u have a good chance. The last testimony shared here was a PGD TRV so get it straight and don't confuse urself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
The Director of Corporate Communications, CBN has advised the general public that CBN is providing dollars for 100 percent of genuine applications for PTA/BTA, Medical and Tuition for customers of all Banks. But some banks are still claiming that they don't have dollars. Consequently, CBN is sternly looking at recent actions of the related Banks as potential economic sabotage. CBN has asked Nigerians that anyone who has submitted application through any Bank branch and if within 24 hrs does not get allocation for PTA or BTA and 48hrs for Medical and Tuition pls contact CBN Consumer Protection Department through the details below providing name of Bank and branch..

Phone: 07002255226
Email: cpd@cbn.gov.ng

Pls keep sharing to create the awareness.
Let's keep blowing the whistles and make our Banks more responsible and ethical.

Forwarded as received. Don't know how authentic.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Franklin24: 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
Kowalskiq:

Baba, thanks a lot too...
Mehn, I happy die grin grin

Thanks so much

Congratulations brother on your admission on University of Alberta. Please, which start date are going for? and when did you apply? B/C I wish to apply now for winter start term.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 7:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
bayocanny:

How far,your trv don land?

Not yet o
Just wan write Ielts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Thank you .
Eraytee:

Hello please get something straight, getting TRV with PGD/PGC is not by grade, its the ability to make ur intentions known to the VO while you chose the course and why it's PGD that is right for you, I'll always advice peeps here with reasonable work experience that is align with their UG to freely try with PGD/PGC.

Masters admission gives u edge in TRV Bcox some of the admission comes with funding and d level of study wch leaves some burden off ur SOA and its one way of showing commitment and so on so fourth. We have alot of testimonies here of PGD/PGC with 2.1. Your intentions and reason for going for the program is what is key. Once u can clear d doubts of purpose of visit and av good financial strength amongst others supporting materials I think u have a good chance. The last testimony shared here was a PGD TRV so get it straight and don't confuse urself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Redaddict: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
nairalandnewbie:
Please any alumni of Unilag here? I intend applying for my trv in May using the paper route please how did you get your transcript sent to the embassy considering the fact that the University doesn't release Transcripts to individuals.

Please any other university alumni that can help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

After applying online, I would suggest that you go to Senate building where Exams &Records office is to physically monitor the dispatch of the transcript otherwise OYO is your case o! Those guys showed me pepper after applying online on February 2nd, I had to go there March 25 only to discover that they didn't even attend to it. Of course I made friends there before they eventually processed and dispatched the following week. I also saw several acknowledgments of transcript requests as far back as January that were still in the pending file as mine.

Make sure you go with your Remita receipt cos that was their excuse for not treating my request.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
tysaxmalomo:

Na him u con allow my Oga at the top de speak all the plenty grammar? Nawa o. Abeg professional regards to him from me too

Cc @CanadianNurse
Thanks, lawyer too common as a name grin cc @yemdogg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 8:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
i will advise you to download the document checklist for study permit application and use that to confirm my word.
sunvick:
Thanks for the response bro, please can you share a link on cic website to this effect.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by napoleonsmart: 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hello House, please what amount should i fill for room and board section for someone planning to rent a single room in Edmonton Alberta. I saw this in the forl IMM1294E

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
[quote author=Rocorleone post=55787746][/quote] u don't need another consent letter concerning the land, let ur dad explain everything about u being a shareholder and talk about the land in obe letter. u can also include ur own land papers and explain everything in ur sop... that's what I think, others can explain better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
God bless you. Thanks
Redaddict:

After applying online, I would suggest that you go to Senate building where Exams &Records office is to physically monitor the dispatch of the transcript otherwise OYO is your case o! Those guys showed me pepper after applying online on February 2nd, I had to go there March 25 only to discover that they didn't even attend to it. Of course I made friends there before they eventually processed and dispatched the following week. I also saw several acknowledgments of transcript requests as far back as January that were still in the pending file as mine.

Make sure you go with your Remita receipt cos that was their excuse for not treating my request.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
we are together o
napoleonsmart:
Hello House, please what amount should i fill for room and board section for someone planning to rent a single room in Edmonton Alberta. I saw this in the forl IMM1294E

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rocorleone:
what is the best way to handle this?

My mum is my sponsor and I'm using her soa including her business' cert of incoporation for my trv..
I have added the "memorandum of articles and shares" of my family business and an official letter of attestation signed by my dad telling i'm a shareholder in the company. Now i want to also add photocopies of my dad's landed properties as a tie.
Do I need to get another letter from him indicating that he is aware of the use? or should I just add the landed documents?
or should I use add him as a co-sponsor? but I'm not getting his soa. reason best known.
Note: I have one of my landed property doc I added to as a tie.
What you are adding are good enough. The fact that you have your immediate family members in nigerian is a strong hometie. You are good to proceed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
napoleonsmart:

Thanks
If the amount of room and board is written of your offer letter, then fill appropraitely. If not, it is NOT compulsory u fill room and board. Fill in your tuition and the equivalent of funds available for your upkeep in the section of 'OTHER' then calculate the the sum of both and fill as 'FUNDS AVAILABLE'.
I didn't fill room and board in my application and it was approved.

The CAD 10,000 required by CIC includes accomodation and other expenses for a 12 months period. If you have more to add to it fine otherwise, fill in the compulsory sections.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by napoleonsmart: 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
Austinpee4:

If the amount of room and board is written of your offer letter, then fill appropraitely. If not, it is NOT compulsory u fill room and board. Fill in your tuition and the equivalent of funds available for your upkeep in the section of 'OTHER' then calculate the the sum of both and fill as 'FUNDS AVAILABLE'.
I didn't fill room and board in my application and it was approved.

The CAD 10,000 required by CIC includes accomodation and other expenses for a 12 months period. If you have more to add to it fine otherwise, fill in the compulsory sections.

thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
napoleonsmart:

Thanks

I am not a guru, but I filled 10,000 for room and board.

My application is yet to be approved though. So, my answer may not be the best. Be guided!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
Austinpee4:
if not, it is NOT compulsory u fill room and board. Fill in your tuition and the equivalent of funds available for your upkeep in the section of 'OTHER' then calculate the the sum of both and fill as 'FUNDS AVAILABLE'.

Sir, are you sure about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
Osemigho:

Sir, are you sure about this?
What i mean "NOT compulsory" is that room and board does not have the esterisk sign which makes it not compusory to fill. Anybody can decide to break down his or her funds available and include funds for room and board but it will still sum up to the funds available and all calculations MUST meet CIC requirements of tuition + CAD10,000 equivalent or more.

Some admission letter have fees for room and board listed on it and applicant can as well fill accordingly.

And as i earlier stated, the 10,000CAD required by CIC includes acccomodation, miscellenous and other expenses for one year at an average expenditure and funds for 'room and board' (accomodation and feeding) are inclusive in it. That why it is funds for LIVING expenses. #it's on CIC website.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
atiteb4:
which school did u apply for and what course do u wannpa study?
Lambton college,
Cyber security and computer forensic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
CanadianNurse:
which one is correspondence letter from CIC and how did you get it?
someone have responded already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
florentm:

Nice one brother which is declaration form?

The form is given by the boarder security, on entry to Canada, which u have to declare something's you are bringing with u. E.g more or 10,000cd, food etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
@redaddict I am going for the MBA dual. I paid 15,000 cad as initial fee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.