Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,506 members, 7,885,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (899470 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Iykechukwuma: 4:50pm On May 09, 2017
Thanks so much @ Osemigho. Can I have your contact plz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 4:53pm On May 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

One of the main perogative of the visa officer is to make sure the program choosen by applicants is right!

Once a VO picks up the application form, sees academic and work experience,that in itself has formed the greater part of the decision about the applicant's application.

They most likely will look at the applicant's primary intentions of studying in canada before the secondary parts begin to play out. Besides, what if you spend all the millions to acquire a masters of french lang in canada and the company does not send you there but rather employ a native french speaking national resident in your desired country(This will even be economically likely for any company to do),what then happens to the master you have gotten in canada? Use it in nigeria to get another job that is not likely? (if i can think like this as an ordinary person, what will you expect of people that have been trained for such purposes)

Those visa officers see pass what we all submit as applications. Everything must add up clearly and explicitly.

Bro you are so amazing...Am always eager to read your comments
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 5:04pm On May 09, 2017
Jerryzone:

The VO might have thought that He can easily get french courses here in Nigeria at a cheaper fund rather than spending so much money to obtain it abroad. my thought thou abi @AustinPee4

but many other persons go abroad to study courses we already have here, even funded by our govt. i think the only thing missing is that he failed to prove he would get better education there than here, this can be resolved with an sop. Also visa application and outcome is highly dependent on who is reviewing it, his mood and so many other factors.. 1+1 !=2 all the time

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:05pm On May 09, 2017
CanadianNurse:
ok thanks... Other Web pages such as?

Other discussion forums like Nairaland. Google..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tuzinde(m): 5:11pm On May 09, 2017
einsteino:
pls which of the centers has the cheapest fee for medicals.... i know say una go don dey tire for my too much questions undecided

Check CIC webpage for list of clinics in Nigeria for medicals, give each of them a call to tell you the cost, thereafter u can tell the cheapest.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 5:16pm On May 09, 2017
Osemigho:

Around Ikate roundabout, Lekki-Ajah Expressway, Lekki, Lagos.

For precise address, please, Google VAC Canada Lagos.
thanks sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 5:29pm On May 09, 2017
einsteino:

but many other persons go abroad to study courses we already have here, even funded by our govt. i think the only thing missing is that he failed to prove he would get better education there than here, this can be resolved with an sop. Also visa application and outcome is highly dependent on who is reviewing it, his mood and so many other factors.. 1+1 !=2 all the time

You are right though but also remember these VO's are humans and not just human but professionals in their field... lets reason it this way, we all know that Nigeria is not a french speaking country and He already has the basic french language skill and He can communicate fluently in french. He also gave examples of leading some team of Co-workers abroad as an interpreter meaning He already has the basic skill and can communicate very well in french *(He might also have stated that in his SOP about his travel history) that is just enough to keep this job going...So going for a masters in french might be seen as not in line with career progression...Since He will be coming back to his home country by the end of his masters program which French is not even taken as a career path...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 5:36pm On May 09, 2017
westgermany:
God bless you more sir,swift response to every question here is so amazing...pls help me with the address to the submission center,and someone told me we can submit tru bfs Abi it,s vsf not sure ....
Thanks...
pls sir,can I send u my SOP for review and corrections...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by marvel4love: 5:37pm On May 09, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Just checked it now. From 17 weeks to 14 weeks

I'm still seeing 17weeks ooo, when last was it updated?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 5:40pm On May 09, 2017
@Austinpee please sir can I send you my SOP for review and correction....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Flawless1988: 5:49pm On May 09, 2017
nwugon:
Bro please I need help with gcms note.thanks

quote author=Genius000 post=56339257]Who needs GCMS notes?

I can help you apply from my end and you pay only $5. Just quote me if interested don't PM.

My own way of giving back to the house. cheesy

Canada is sweet ooo grin just that you need to develop yourself before coming here.

A goat in Nigeria will not become a lion here.

Seems Spouse Open Work Permit is the deal here any single lady? cool( let me come to Nigeria and marry you.

The research here is not easy oo I need to review over 200 papers. My supervisor weak me cry God dey sha.

I don't do PMs for now just post your question and quote me il take it up when I am chanced.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 5:50pm On May 09, 2017
nwugon:
My application was rejected today
Purpose of visit
Travel history.
MA university of Regina with Funding,
Fall 2017.
Submitted March 27th.
Sponsor (brother) statement 15m

My SOA 1.4m
Married with 3kids.
Travelled to Ivory coast,Togo,Egypt,Kenya.
My people what is all this? Because this is confusing.
Going for masters in the same course I studied in my undergraduate.

A good SOP can help you with the rejection. from your profile your bachelor's degree is not in line with your work experience, I suggest you explain explicitly why there was a change in career. In addition, I presume you want to quit your current job to pursue MA in french language (Inconsistent career wise). If you can convince the VO why you decided to study MA in french and how it would increase your career progression then the issue of "Purpose of visit" would be solved. Finally, your plans after graduation should be explained in detail.
I could help you review your SOP if needed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 5:52pm On May 09, 2017
Thanks brother....Waiting for the gcms note
einsteino:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 5:54pm On May 09, 2017
marvel4love:

Its 14weeks as updated as at may 8.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 5:56pm On May 09, 2017
Thanks broo.once I get the gcms note ,I will let you guys know what the actual reasons were.

quote author=judebebo32 post=56361203]

A good SOP can help you with the rejection. from your profile your bachelor's degree is not in line with your work experience, I suggest you explain explicitly why there was a change in career. In addition, I presume you want to quit your current job to pursue MA in french language (Inconsistent career wise). If you can convince the VO why you decided to study MA in french and how it would increase your career progression then the issue of "Purpose of visit" would be solved. Finally, you should explain your plans after graduation.
I could help you review your SOP if needed.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 5:56pm On May 09, 2017
Study permit

Nigeria

14 week(s)

Does not include transit time between the VAC and IRCC office.

Last update: May 8, 2017 Updated weekly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 09, 2017
marvel4love:

May 8 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 6:41pm On May 09, 2017
jj17cv:
Study permit

Nigeria

14 week(s)

Does not include transit time between the VAC and IRCC office.

Last update: May 8, 2017 Updated weekly

are you saying the expected duration has been reduced?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2017
tuzinde:

Check CIC webpage for list of clinics in Nigeria for medicals, give each of them a call to tell you the cost, thereafter u can tell the cheapest.

I would do that. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 7:12pm On May 09, 2017
Hi guys..... A quick one;

I was told that VO for Canada do not really look at the details of the account, they are particular about the closing balance. How true is this.

I asked because my company will be funding my studies as my sponsors. I asked because the finances will be transferred to my Salary Account. Is that Okay? Or will it raise eye brow? Aside the Sponsorship letter, study leave letter, employment letters, what else can I use as a backup to support this sponsorship?

Finally..... people finish their programme and do not come back, Im keen to knw what keeps them there. I know canada gives a 1yr work permit for a 1yr program, but in if its an organization sponsored programme, will I be given work permit there after my progrom?

Response please....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 7:40pm On May 09, 2017
nwugon:
My application was rejected today
Purpose of visit
Travel history.
MA university of Regina with Funding,
Fall 2017.
Submitted March 27th.
Sponsor (brother) statement 15m

My SOA 1.4m
Married with 3kids.
Travelled to Ivory coast,Togo,Egypt,Kenya.
My people what is all this? Because this is confusing.
Going for masters in the same course I studied in my undergraduate.

sorry for your delay...please order your Gcms file to know the way VO who assessed your application looked at it.

Anyway, good ur application was processed very swiftly because you still have time to reapply before school resumes in Fall.

Please tackle the issue raised in your gcms before you reapply. Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:42pm On May 09, 2017
Lol @Jerryzone, all these hailing for me? Na wa o. Thanks! Thanks!

Men and ladies dey here we sabi oo.. I'm only also a sacrificial lamb (in TRV doctor's voice). All informations provided here are for our collective good bro! Nice one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:47pm On May 09, 2017
westgermany:
@Austinpee please sir can I send you my SOP for review and correction....
Emmm, if you are not in a hurry to get it reviewed, you can send. I have a couple i'm helping with. I'll certainly get back to you if you can have some patience but may not say exactly when. Otherwise, you can appeal to other great guyz here to help you with the review.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Damienkings(m): 7:47pm On May 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

1.Yes,she can. Any document to show here nativity is fine. Besides, her international passport is enough proof of identity/citizenship.

2. She absolutely can. It's an official document from the government that has proven and shown her tie to her claimed occupation/business which makes it legitimate.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:58pm On May 09, 2017
nwugon:
Mydear I deal more on French translation and interpretation ,moreover you must be a bilingual to be able to work as a relationship executive in my place of work. And if you say one can get masters in French translation in Nigeria! Then you might as well say why are we all struggling to go for further studies in Canada since we can get almost all the courses here in Naija...I will sure order for the GcMs note as soon as possible.Thanks for the quick response.
Ok bro. Well, the main issue here will likely be how you did/didn't show how a master in french will help your career path. The VO may not be able to totally accept the fact that your work demands requires french understanding as we do not have french as our major language.It will be believed that all business transactions will be done in english.

The need for french may only come up occasionally or when you have to travel to interprete like you pointed out. It actually does not reflect a MAJOR necessity as per career path and i guess the few times you will have to use it might just not be enough to convince officers that you need to have mastery of it to enable your career advance further especially after an undergraduate degree in french. My opinion anyway.

Good you will be ordering for your file. It will help you better.

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2017
@Arcayo, bros congratulation. I dey your back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 8:09pm On May 09, 2017
Hello guys,
Congrats to those who got approval. To those waiting, I pray for speedy approval. To the delayed, repackage and apply for it will end in approval too.

As, I wait for my approval (they moved our processing time to 4 weeks grin )I would be happy to help review SOPs to help reduce the pressure on our gurus dem grin. Due to time difference, when you send, please give me a day to respond and also send it in MS Word format.

Thanks.

It will end in praises for us all.

PS: Dont ask me why I never sleep, me sef no just understand the sleep...

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 8:38pm On May 09, 2017
Let me share this little tip that might help us when we are considering being admitted and eventually getting the study visa for canada.

Most schools will consider you undergraduate study and on few occasions work experience when applying for admission.

The embassy will consider your undergraduate, work experience and after study when reviewing your application.
While the schools must be satisfied academically about your profile, the embassy must be satisfied about your choice of program in relation to demands from your current activity(ies)as well as effect of your proposed study on your current activity upon completion.

The straight forward it looks and appears, the better the chances.

Using myself as an example.

I studied system design engineering(Robotics) as undergraduate, been working as a network/ design engineer, i have relevant certifications as one, i'm going for a master in information technology optioning in network technology.

I didn't use any SOP to explain anything to the VO. I just believed my profile was straight forward enough because my current work experience is already in line with my intended.

please guyz, so we minimize the rate of refusals, let our intended program always reflect what we are currently doing. Be it as a fresh graduate or with work experience.

Just thought to share this little stuff.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 09, 2017
Austinpee4:
Let me share this little tip that might help us when we are considering being admitted and eventually getting the study visa for canada.

Most schools will consider you undergraduate study and on few occasions work experience when applying for admission.

The embassy will consider your undergraduate, work experience and after study when reviewing your application.
While the schools must be satisfied academically about your profile, the embassy must be satisfied about your choice of program in relation to demands from your current activity(ies)as well as effect of your proposed study on your current activity upon completion.

I studied system design engineering(Robotics) as undergraduate, been working as a network/ design engineer, i have relevant certifications as one, i'm going for a master in information technology optioning in network technology.

I didn't use any SOP to explain anything to the VO. I just believed my profile was straight forward enough because my current work experience is already in line with my intended.

So please guyz, so we minimize the rate of refusals, let our intended program always reflect what we are currently doing. Be it as a fresh graduate or with work experience.

@bold your are on point. I do say SOP is not a must. when things are reasonable in the light, leave out SOP, If you must write, write a good one, a bad one may even cause your refusal

bro I need ur assistance on this your IT field. pm has been sent right now.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sharles: 9:24pm On May 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

So please guyz, so we minimize the rate of refusals, let our intended program always reflect what we are currently doing. Be it as a fresh graduate or with work experience.

Undergraduate- civil engineering
Working as a site engineer (2years)
Going for graduate diploma safety and risk engineering
This is inline right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 9:28pm On May 09, 2017
For those who still see 17 weeks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 9:29pm On May 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

Your SOP should be an informal letter requiring no address but a title of 'statement of purpose/intent' while your sponsor's letter can be addressed formally to

'The visa officer,
Immigration, Refugee and citizenship canada,
Canadian embassy,
Accra, Ghana or Lagos,Nigeria'

You will submit your complete application at the canadian visa office either in Lagos or Abuja.

To your second question, a VO will have no business in anything that does not involve your study permit application. Your family issue won't be their concern. Unless a family member or members want to go with you to canada then things must add up otherwise, go ahead with your application and worry less about the VO's thought towards your child. It won't even cross their mind. Your application will be the main focus.

@Austinpee4 , as regards the address, how about this
VO,
high commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe,
VI Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.