Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,089 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (898734 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jar: 6:40pm On May 11, 2017
Hello,plz can u pm.tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:28pm On May 11, 2017
Ejaloni123:
Many confirmed that research is no play in Canadian schools on this forum,........

I will pretend I did not see it until my TRV is approved. grin grin

You better start to practise death by fainting. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 7:36pm On May 11, 2017
olugere:
...Pls,I am processing graduate certificate program in energy management at Algonquin college, 8 -months program but overall estimated to 1-year program
Pls, I have both Bachelor and master degree in Mechanical Engineering, working in power station + 6 years experience, 36 years age
Wife 31 yrs age, nursery school teacher, children 2, age both less than 5years

My question is that can a visa be granted for 8 months program?
In theory a visa can be granted for an eight-month program.

...What is the probability of using this graduate certificate program to further my studies in Canada?
I suggest you go for Express Entry. With your two degrees and your six years of experience in energy, it will be difficult to convince the VO that a graduate certificate is a step up for you. You are likely to get a "purpose of visit" denial. I am not a VO however and you would know best how to convince a VO that this is the right program for you. An MBA program might be more persuasive, particularly an MBA program that has has a focus on the energy business sector. I'd still suggest Express Entry sha.

What document do you think I can put together to get a visa bearing in mind that money is not so available
If the money isn't available, the only alternative is to go for a program with funding, or find another sponsor.
There's a near-zero chance of getting an approval if you don't have access to liquid funds equivalent to a minimum of your annual tuition plus an additional CAD10k. And these days (for visa purposes) you need to pay the fees beforehand or have the money in a convertible currency (e.g. USD, CAD, Euro, GBP, etc) or show proof that you will be able to transfer your Naira out of Nigeria (given the tight FX policies on the Naira by the CBN).

Do we have anybody processing the school too
You will process the school admission yourself. The process is straightforward actually, as the information is on each school's website. Please do not use an agent, especially for the visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nestkojex(m): 7:53pm On May 11, 2017
good evening lovely family. I just got the message below from the university of Manitoba. Please how best can a person secure a supervisor? I means the dos and the don'ts. Thanks

Hi,

You should note that the first stage in the process of applying to our graduate program is to secure a prospective graduate supervisor. IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO FIND A SUPERVISOR. We cannot find one for you. The primary reason that you first have to secure a prospective supervisor is because all graduate students in the Department of Chemistry must be paid a minimum stipend from the supervisor’s research grant. Included in the stipend is approximately $4000.00 for required TAing.

Once you have the opportunity to find and communicate with a supervisor it is at that point you can submit your application on-line. Application forms are available on-line at the Faculty of Graduate Studies website (see below). If you submit an application without indicating that you have secured a supervisor it will likely be rejected. You are encouraged to visit our website which lists the research faculty:

http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/science/departments/chemistry/research/index.html

http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/index.html

So please do not request our assistance finding a supervisor. We cannot assist you finding a supervisor and will not respond to any such request. You have the website information. Now you must e-mail a prospective supervisor yourself and see if you get a response. If you do not get a response, perhaps that researcher is not interested in taking on another graduate student.

The entrance requirements are as follows:

A minimum GPA of 3.00 on your last 60 credit hours or your last two years of study. A GRE is not required. You must submit your original transcripts from your University. They must be mailed directly from your University to FGS in a sealed (unopened) envelope. You also require 2 letters of reference.

Thank you.

Keith Travis

Academic Programs Administrator

Department of Chemistry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 8:25pm On May 11, 2017
Hey Guys.... Please i need an urgent response for anyone who has knowledge of what i'm about to ask.

I have to send notarized copies of certificate to a body. And i really do not know what that means, and where i can get it done here in Lagos.

They said, only notarized copies would be accepted.

Pls i anticipate a response. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by horluwahseye: 8:30pm On May 11, 2017
jj17cv:
@horluwahseye

you indicate that you have never been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country......did you tick ...Yes or No....this is serious issue

Yes.... I ticked yes.... I was ignorant abt it.... The agent/friend I used told me not to include it not knowing it will Ave an adverse effect on me.... Pls, kindly give me keypoints to use to reply them... Please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by horluwahseye: 8:32pm On May 11, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Why didn't you include your Refusal at American embassy their? Did they tell you that because America refused you Canada too will refuse you? I know of a guy that applied to American embassy and got refused 4 times an got approved on the 5th time.... If America can still approve someone they have refused 4times why will Canada refuse you because America refused you

Getting to the reality, did you use an agent? If you did was it with your consent not including your Refusal?

After that 15days if you don't revert to them you are possibly going to bag a 5yrs ban! Guess you know what that means to your travel history!

Biko write letters and explain yourself to them

.... I was ignorant abt it.... The agent/friend I used told me not to include it not knowing it will Ave an adverse effect on me.... Pls, kindly give me keypoints to use to reply them... Please..... I was refused twice in a month in 2016 B4 I applied to Canada in 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 8:46pm On May 11, 2017
Someone should please respond to this.....

Thankyou.

Emmane:
Hey Guys.... Please i need an urgent response for anyone who has knowledge of what i'm about to ask.

I have to send notarized copies of certificate to a body. And i really do not know what that means, and where i can get it done here in Lagos.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 8:55pm On May 11, 2017
Emmane:

Just go to a court and visit the registry office. I did mine for just 200naira per copy. Ensure you go with a photocopy of those documents, preferably a coloured photocopy...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 9:04pm On May 11, 2017
somebody should please answer me time is going. I want to apply for PGD at university of Saskatchewan do I need to contact any supervisor before applying.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 11, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 11, 2017
I'm still preparing documents to submit for my visa. These questions relate to finance and sponsorship. My sponsors are my parents

1. What is the value of adding their land documents?

2. Please analyse my sponsorship profile

My main sponsor is my father who is retired, we want to use the bank statement's of his foreign currency dom account which shows tuition+living expenses+2000CAD for one year. The account is a savings one so high starting balance and average balance with small inflow and outflow. We can't include payslips cause he is retired. We also want to include my mothers payslips, work ID card and employment letter to show one parent is still working. I am also receiving funding of 25,000 per year. I am worried the vo might still see insufficient funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 9:15pm On May 11, 2017
taiwo92:
somebody should please answer me time is going. I want to apply for PGD at university of Saskatchewan do I need to contact any supervisor before applying.
Please contact UniSask for the info u seek!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 9:26pm On May 11, 2017
horluwahseye:

.... I was ignorant abt it.... The agent/friend I used told me not to include it not knowing it will Ave an adverse effect on me.... Pls, kindly give me keypoints to use to reply them... Please..... I was refused twice in a month in 2016 B4 I applied to Canada in 2017
So sorry bro! I can relate to that "had I known feeling". I feel u should just state the truth of how you were erroneously advised to leave such an important detail out as your advisor thought it would lead to an automatic rejection from em too.
#be very remorseful and pledge never to repeat such a "messup" again. These VOs are psychologists so b sure they know why people leave out ds detail.
#No matter d outcome of your application, d truth will set you free.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Reemz: 9:27pm On May 11, 2017
Hello everyone,please I would like to be enlightened if its necessary to submit a statement of account from my own bank when applying for a Canadian student visa while submitting my application as a student aside that of my sponsor? I'm gathering my documents and your information would be appreciated. Thanks house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 9:31pm On May 11, 2017
taiwo92:
Information like this should be directed to school, just mail them of your inquiry, u'll b given a first hand information as regards your inquiry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:47pm On May 11, 2017
LightandDarkness:
I'm still preparing documents to submit for my visa. These questions relate to finance and sponsorship. My sponsors are my parents

1. What is the value of adding their land documents?

2. Please analyse my sponsorship profile

My main sponsor is my father who is retired, we want to use the bank statement's of his foreign currency dom account which shows tuition+living expenses+2000CAD for one year. The account is a savings one so high starting balance and average balance with small inflow and outflow. We can't include payslips cause he is retired. We also want to include my mothers payslips, work ID card and employment letter to show one parent is still working. I am also receiving funding of 25,000 per year. I am worried the vo might still see insufficient funds.
Insufficient funds 'as as how' nau?
Proceed with all confidence! You are set financially for your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 10:19pm On May 11, 2017
Austinpee4:

@AustinPee4 please reply my email I really need your attention urgently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Innogee: 10:28pm On May 11, 2017
penitential:

It will better to order for your GCMS file, but to expatiate more on this your refusal reasons, I will like to tell you the possible reasons associated with the cited reasons above pending when your GCMS will come out so that you can start planning on how to correct them (if considering re-applying).

Travel History;
This is just a tag-along reason. Especially if there are other genuine reasons for your refusal. In this case, your main reasons for refusal are; "Purpose Of Visit and Personal assets and financial status".

Purpose of Visit;

Don't be decieved, this reason is associated with many other reasons. Firstly, the V.O may look at the following
1. Why do you want to study this course in Canada and not Nigeria.

2. Peradventure you're already functioning in that field of proposed study, going for a PGD might raise a red-flag. Lemme say this, most V.O's doesn't see an academic progression in PGD as it's a college-run program.

Also, you have to look at the contribution of your proposed course to your career and the practical application to the development of your environment.

It's not enough for you to just believe that your proposed course of study is related to your undergraduate course of study; you also have to indepthly show it to the V.O the relationship that exists between the two and the application to your work experience. As an Engineering graduate that i am, I might need a better clarification on the relationship between an Economics graduate going for Supply chain Management.

These and more are what you should be looking at tackling under "Purpose of Visit".

Also, as regard Personal assets and Finance;

I will like to ask you some questions.

1. Does your declared personal assets justifies that high number of work experience?
What I mean is that; what's your statement of account like, the inflow and outflow...? Did you declare any other asset aside your S.O.A?

V.O's most times commeasure your years of work experience with with financial status ( both liquid assets and non liquid assets).

Thank you for your response.

I thought that PGD is the next progression since I had HND.
For asset, I only added my car papers and statement of account.

I would get the GCMS note for more reasons
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 11, 2017
parksg:

for doc needed read first few pages
Will you get visa for your course... That's between your God and the VO
Think you will be needing more than 500k
For bringing your family and PR, think you first have to arrive Canada then you will cross that bridge. Gurus in the house could help though.... That's just my 2cent
x

Thank you. Am preparing for ielts now, you people really help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 11, 2017
Thank you so much. I resolve to Express Entry. Am grateful, will start to prepare for ielts

thesoj:

In theory a visa can be granted for an eight-month program.

I suggest you go for Express Entry. With your two degrees and your six years of experience in energy, it will be difficult to convince the VO that a graduate certificate is a step up for you. You are likely to get a "purpose of visit" denial. I am not a VO however and you would know best how to convince a VO that this is the right program for you. An MBA program might be more persuasive, particularly an MBA program that has has a focus on the energy business sector. I'd still suggest Express Entry sha.

If the money isn't available, the only alternative is to go for a program with funding, or find another sponsor.
There's a near-zero chance of getting an approval if you don't have access to liquid funds equivalent to a minimum of your annual tuition plus an additional CAD10k. And these days (for visa purposes) you need to pay the fees beforehand or have the money in a convertible currency (e.g. USD, CAD, Euro, GBP, etc) or show proof that you will be able to transfer your Naira out of Nigeria (given the tight FX policies on the Naira by the CBN).

You will process the school admission yourself. The process is straightforward actually, as the information is on each school's website. Please do not use an agent, especially for the visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 11, 2017
Austinpee4:

T
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 11, 2017
Am grateful, I will do ielts exam and go for EE. Thank you

miella:

Hello,

Why don't you want to go through the express entry route directly. Osemigho suggested this to you sometimes ago. You have a master's degree and if you can ace IELTS, you have a great chance of getting a high point. If your spouse can evaluate her result also and ace IELTS, that will even boost your point the more. What you are looking for in 'sokoto' is in your 'sokoto'. That is my advice for you Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:43pm On May 11, 2017
Jerryzone:

@AustinPee4 please reply my email I really need your attention urgently.
Oh... Didn't see your mail o. Kindly resend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 11, 2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 10:48pm On May 11, 2017
Hi @tommee, I am so sorry but I am extremely busy these days and can't review SOPs. There are other people on here that would be able to help you capably. If you plan to reapply with the post bacc diploma, I would strongly suggest that you don't do this. The burden of evidence on you will be extremely high.

tommee:
@theoj
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shocked shocked shocked i am totally blown and woowed at your wealth of experience and contribution here most especially after reading the steps and stages you took that got your family friends TRV approved. However i have taken note of the bolded above and it will surely form the major part of my SOP. lastly i wanna beg and ask if you can help review my SOP when its written to be sure am on the right track or better still can i contact you privately for speedy communication please dont say no GOD bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 10:51pm On May 11, 2017
You are welcome.
olugere:
Thank you so much. I resolve to Express Entry. Am grateful, will start to prepare for ielts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 10:55pm On May 11, 2017
D more reasons we have 17wks processing time. The link is about Nigerians caught in credit card fraud of citizens in Canada.
https://www.facebook.com/ikhlas.enakele/posts/1895145934082272

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 10:55pm On May 11, 2017
Austinpee4:

Oh... Didn't see your mail o. Kindly resend.

I think Am having problem with this PM of a thing on this forum..pls beep me or text me ur email on my number 08096358601 thanks Bro...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 11:04pm On May 11, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/28#34729512
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/197#56305272

nestkojex:
[b] good evening lovely family. I just got the message below from the university of Manitoba. Please how best can a person secure a supervisor? I means the dos and the don'ts. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 11:08pm On May 11, 2017
***IMPORTANT LINKS***

HINTS ON SECURING MSc ADMISSIONS IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION

[url=
http://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/]CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF MOST POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES
Ontario Colleges programs search

TIPS ON [color=#990000]WRITING AN SOP FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPLE

TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD Part I
TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD Part II Thanks @LightandDarkness!

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

HOW TO TACKLE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD, NO MATTER WHEN IT WAS POSTED

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

IS IT HARDER OR EASIER TO GET A TRV WITH PGC/PGD ADMISSION VS. MASTERS?

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PROCESSING TIME, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

CHEAP GCMS ORDERING SERVICE

TRAVELLING TIPS #1
TRAVELLING TIPS #2

LIFE IN CANADA Tips
***UPDATED***

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 11:15pm On May 11, 2017
grin You are welcome. I remain a learner myself.
miella:
I wish you the best Sir. You can download IELTS materials from this page @thesoj, thanks to you...had to learn how to do this. grin grin wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.