Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,961 members, 7,876,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (897826 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 12:38am On May 14, 2017
good morning guys I just finish applying for PGD at university of Saskatchewan for winter 2018 but have not pay. pls is not stated where I will send my transcript to. kindly assist me brother and sis
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by victormila(m): 1:13am On May 14, 2017
@michV & @yemdogg I urgently need to contact you guys for a pressing issue. I've sent a pm across, kindly respond. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:59am On May 14, 2017
Good morning guys,

This online application has been giving me sleepless nights. Please help me. I scanned my documents in pdf format and when i try uploading it to the online form, i get the prompt that my file is in wrong format. Please what are my not doing right? Please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sarang(f): 4:17am On May 14, 2017
Anyone know about Cape Breton University?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amii131(f): 4:28am On May 14, 2017
terrymason:
thank you for th heads up! the fleming college am applying for pay tuition per semester and it has 5 semester and the fee is about 2kcad per each which i can afford, and for the exporting fund, can i export the 10Kcad and send some back to who i might have collected it from. Pardon my questions if it sound rhetorical, thank you.

But wait ooo this your tuition is for Canadian permanent residents/Citizens that's why its stated domestic tuition international students have different tuition just saying i stand to be corrected just inquire and be sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 4:56am On May 14, 2017
KweenCee:
Good morning guys,

This online application has been giving me sleepless nights. Please help me. I scanned my documents in pdf format and when i try uploading it to the online form, i get the prompt that my file is in wrong format. Please what are my not doing right? Please help.
You should check the format of your documents again. Alternatively, if you are merging lots of scanned documents together, you could copy all documents into word and convert into PDF.
There is also an online PDF merger, very useful. for those of you having issues with file size, i suggest you check the previous page it has ben properly addressed there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by honeyscottage(m): 6:17am On May 14, 2017
aliACCA:

Did u receive a medical request or u really meant upfront as u rightly said??
If it's the latter, then im afraid to tell u that there is no need to worry, because i can cautiously speculate that from what i have seen and read on this forum and personal experence, that it seems different VOs may handle upfront medicals in two ways.

Some VOs may review all your documents before they update your medical status to passed (meaning there is little time between medical update and final decision)or in some case no update at all prior to final decision( this may be a refusal)whilst others may immediately update ur medical status to passed even without reviewing your document at the time of the update.

You are not alone on this if i rightly understood u. smiley smiley

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ladon7: 7:34am On May 14, 2017
Good mng ma great Pple, I graduated with a 2.2 in 2005( industrial chemistry) .I av 5 years work experience in a research institute. I am 34years now married with 3 kids. Rounding up with my masters on the same field by July. I want to use the school route to migrate to canny ,all the PGD program I saw in college are for 1 year which. I want to go for 2yrs program,which will enable me work 3yrs after school n apply for PR in the process. mwhile I am trying the express entry but my CR's is low, pls I need ur advice

1. Can I go for the PGD ? Can I get admitted for second master's in chemistry related program ( which uni they give admission for 2.2)

2. What are my chances cos I had 2.2 n I may not get admitted(3.0/5) with what I av read on the thread.
3. Pls suggest colleges with cheap tuition
4. . looking towards health ,safety and environmental compliance or chemistry related program (PGD) .

UR ADVICE PLS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 8:09am On May 14, 2017
Ladon7:
Good mng ma great Pple, I graduated with a 2.2 in 2005( industrial chemistry) .I av 5 years work experience in a research institute. I am 34years now married with 3 kids. Rounding up with my masters on the same field by July. I want to use the school route to migrate to canny ,all the PGD program I saw in college are for 1 year which. I want to go for 2yrs program,which will enable me work 3yrs after school n apply for PR in the process. mwhile I am trying the express entry but my CR's is low, pls I need ur advice

1. Can I go for the PGD ?
2. What are my chances cos I had 2.2 n I may not get admitted(3.0/5) with what I av read on the thread.
3. Pls suggest colleges with cheap tuition
4. . looking towards health ,safety and environmental compliance or chemistry related program (PGD) .

UR ADVICE PLS
Why not try a Phd admission? That would give you funding and better status with visa application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ladon7: 8:13am On May 14, 2017
Please another country like where ooo cos my issue is related , had 2.2 n graduted 2005 thou my work experience is in line with wat i studied. Advice pls. quote author=michV post=54219393]I know you must have applied for pgd(c)/diploma but what was the program name you opted to studied in canada.if I may advise quit the program and go for masters if possible or you choose another country

*TRV Doctor*[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 8:14am On May 14, 2017
KweenCee:
Good morning guys,

It seems like u must have tampered with the application form thats why you have that problem. Did you fill the app forms with pen?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ladon7: 8:18am On May 14, 2017
I would have love that but from what I read, I must have 2.1 in my first degree and above 70% in my second degree. My master cgpa is 3.8/5 while b.sc is 3.0/5.
Pls can u suggest the schools I can apply to considering my grade. I have 1 journal publication n the second one is on the pipeline. Pls advice

Eraytee:

Why not try a Phd admission? That would give you funding and better status with visa application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by horluwahseye: 8:22am On May 14, 2017
Pls, can Canadian embassy call to ask for Gmail, that they want to send a mail and dey don't Ave the Gmail... In which I submitted my Gmail before hand? Pls? Is it a scam??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deolutolu(m): 8:34am On May 14, 2017
Good day guys, what documents do I need to notarize before submission to VAC. Pls can someone shed more light on notarizing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 8:45am On May 14, 2017
Pls can someone tell me the required that will be need to be upload at university of Saskatchewan. my brother is applying for PGD in electrical engineering. I mean those documents they will list after payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 9:22am On May 14, 2017
taiwo92:
Pls can someone tell me the required that will be need to be upload at university of Saskatchewan. my brother is applying for PGD in electrical engineering. I mean those documents they will list after payment.
You should check the school website all info are listed there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 9:27am On May 14, 2017
Ladon7:
I would have love that but from what I read, I must have 2.1 in my first degree and above 70% in my second degree. My master cgpa is 3.8/5 while b.sc is 3.0/5.
Pls can u suggest the schools I can apply to considering my grade. I have 1 journal publication n the second one is on the pipeline. Pls advice

Ur CGPA is not bad to give you Phd admission, if you are able to secure a supervisor then you are good to go, try Uni of Sask, MUN, UBC, UofRegina and use Google to also search for schools. Am not in ur field so I don't know much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:56am On May 14, 2017
Judgepelumi:

It seems like u must have tampered with the application form thats why you have that problem. Did you fill the app forms with pen?

I have so many documents to upload. Not only the application forms. I get the prompt on all the files i want to upload. Just tired.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deolutolu(m): 10:09am On May 14, 2017
You guys are doing a wonderful job. I plan to submit my application soon, I have a degree in mechanical engineering (4.2/5.0). I already got admitted to study a diploma in Aircraft maintenance in red river college. I hope this progression won't affect my purpose of visit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 10:33am On May 14, 2017
deolutolu:
You guys are doing a wonderful job. I plan to submit my application soon, I have a degree in mechanical engineering (4.2/5.0). I already got admitted to study a diploma in Aircraft maintenance in red river college. I hope this progression won't affect my purpose of visit?
Diploma? Your grade can get you a masters....why diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 10:34am On May 14, 2017
Bro please help me with gcms note.
uote author=Genius000 post=56471199]Can a list be created, like GCMS hopefuls? it will assist me in reaching out to those in need.

Cheers,

Genius.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 10:42am On May 14, 2017
deolutolu:

Technically speaking, this ain't a progression and you know it. So why bother waste your application fee? From where I stand now, a Master’s degree would be the appropriate program to pursue. Your gpa and the level of your program vis a vis your previous degree alone is enough to confuse a VO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 10:42am On May 14, 2017
deolutolu:

Your grade can get you a masters even with funding in some cases. Why would you want to go for a diploma?

Except you have a good enough reason, then your SOP will have to be well explanatory.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 10:44am On May 14, 2017
yemdogg:

Technically speaking, this ain't a progression and you know it. So why bother waste your application fee? From where I stand now, a Master’s degree would be the appropriate program to pursue. Your gpa and the level of your program vis a vis your previous degree alone is enough to confuse a VO.

Exactly.

I wonder why he would want to risk it and losing money in the process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 10:49am On May 14, 2017
maziude:

Exactly.

I wonder why he would want to risk it and losing money in the process.

I wonder too o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 11:33am On May 14, 2017
deolutolu:
Seriously you have a good chance to secure a masters admission with full funding if luck smiles on u. PGD is even better dan u going for diploma and dis would be coupled with work experience in that case. Monikers and suggested to u, pls do d needful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:58am On May 14, 2017
deolutolu:
bro abeg pocket your 56k visa fee and kindly search for schools that offer M.Eng in mechanical engineering(masters coursework). you don't need securing a supervisor in this type of masters program. your cgpa is good, with good letter of motivation and letter of recommendation, the masters admission is sure. don't go and apply with this program and be giving yourself hope of travelling come sept.2017

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 12:03pm On May 14, 2017
honeyscottage:

The Childrens Practice and the Consultants Practice
have you tried emailing them? Or going back to the hospital? I did medicals there on the 5th of May and up till now no update from either the hospital or CIC.. If I don't get any update this week them I will head to that hospital! What rubbish
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 12:14pm On May 14, 2017
Happy sunday to you all. Pls is there anybody that apply to university of saskachwean for any PGD program against 2017. I need some clarifications. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ladon7: 12:21pm On May 14, 2017
Thankx a lot, will give it a shot[

quote author=Ladon7 post=56502817] I would have love that but from what I read, I must have 2.1 in my first degree and above 70% in my second degree. My master cgpa is 3.8/5 while b.sc is 3.0/5.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 12:54pm On May 14, 2017
taiwo92:
Happy sunday to you all. Pls is there anybody that apply to university of saskachwean for any PGD program against 2017. I need some clarifications. Thanks
Baba Sask....i strongly believe any first hand info you need as regards ur prog can be gotten from Sask's website or their admission officers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by akmolaks: 1:27pm On May 14, 2017
olatuns2017:

congrats on your admission.
pls I will like to know the time frame you got your admission letter after submitting your documents at Concordia and how much was the initial fee charge?
I don't tink notorize of docs is stated in cic lists.

all d best

Thanks. I got it withing two to three weeks. Paid compulsory deposit of 250CAD. Applied for CAQ March and got it April, applied for study permit April, 2017. I notorized all my documents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (505)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.