Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,664 members, 7,885,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (899968 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 6:14am On Jun 06, 2017
Igbouwanile:

lolz, boss me, abeg no vex, still around now, can we see? i do communicate with him, but is been a while.
Thank you for the kind wishes bro!.
off cos we can. Just pm me make we relate. Morning bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 06, 2017
Hello Osemigho,

I don't need anyone to pay for me. What I'm asking is to know how people paid on CIC website. I have used both Naira and Dollar card but none worked. Should I pay at VFS office? I want to submit online and not paper.

Osemigho:
I feel obligated to inform those asking for help to pay for their application to thread gently. Twice I have asked for such and got it, but i at the end I got an email that the transaction was cancelled as unauthorized. Meaning - credit card theft. I usually get my money back but the trauma of the accusation is unbearable. Trust me, You don't want to have it.

My advise to anyone trying to make any international payment is to open domiciliary account and fund with aboki dollar or look for people with dollar card in your family or physically around you and pay with theirs.

Be warned. God bless us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by iamMcVince(m): 6:44am On Jun 06, 2017
I did undergraduate Chemistry, But work in an Hotel (Family Business),
Applied to Seneca for Graduate Cert Program in Global Tourism and Hospitality Management.

Judgepelumi:

You ddnt mention ur underG course, ur intended program & level of study in canada(pgc/d, msc, phd) & employment history
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by iamMcVince(m): 6:47am On Jun 06, 2017
Jejelaye01:

Will advise you track your passport and also collect for further information or directives. But are you sure you received a medical mail?

I didn't receive medical mail..... That is I am confused!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 06, 2017
Please anyone know where i can do the notarization of a document in Lagos?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Universities: 8:12am On Jun 06, 2017
Good morning everybody.

My name is James.

That being said, I'm 34 years and married with the intention of going for my PhD in Canada next year.

However, will my age stand as a factor in giving visa as i learnt Canadians do put AGE as a criteria in giving out visas?

Secondly. I have published two books on website design and development including using open source (WordPress). What are the criteria for admitting students?

God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tobyharwe(m): 8:59am On Jun 06, 2017
For those who wish to link their paper apps online....This is a step by step approach; i ve asked how to do this severally but no one cared to answer...here it is.

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.

Cheers and Good Luck.

***got this from canadavisa.com***

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 9:49am On Jun 06, 2017
Aguila:
Please anyone know where i can do the notarization of a document in Lagos?
if u are on the mainland, go to ikeja high court and u will get it done .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2017
mcobex:
if u are on the mainland, go to ikeja high court and u will get it done .

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Universities: 10:11am On Jun 06, 2017
Good morning everybody.

My name is James.

That being said, I'm 34 years and married with the intention of going for my PhD in Canada next year.

However, will my age stand as a factor in giving visa as i learnt Canadians do put AGE as a criteria in giving out visas?

Secondly. I have published two books on website design and development including using open source (WordPress). What are the criteria for admitting students?

God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:22am On Jun 06, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by electronic(m): 10:25am On Jun 06, 2017
Universities:
Good morning everybody.

My name is James.

God bless you all.
Canadian schools are quite competitive and fewer compared to American schools so admission for PhD would need some effort. And No, your Age won't be a problem for PhD. However migrating with family is easier with Canada than America so that's a Plus.
But post your profile so that people can help recommend schools for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2017
Igbouwanile:
Please my people I need una input on this.

Having an existing CIC online acct which I created when I first linked my paper app online, how do I link the current 1, do I link this current 1 to de existing acct which probably bears my past app details or create a new acct.
Thanks.
Use your existing account to link your new application. It has nothing to do with the previous application aside being able to view previous history and decisions. As a matter of fact, your current account can be use for all CIC related immigration applications irrespective of each outcome. You can always use it for any category of canadian visa applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 10:54am On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=iamMcVince post=57236103]

I didn't receive medical mail..... That is I am confused![/quote

You don't have to be confused as you have been delayed. Will advise you get your passport and tackle reasons for delay.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 10:55am On Jun 06, 2017
jnyuwa02:
Thanks for your very thorough, well researched and intelligent response. You indicated not wanting to apply from Nigeria yourself. Why is that?
I did my undergraduate studies in the United States and returned to Nigeria only a year ago to see my ailing mother. I am still Nigerian with an expired student visa. While in the United States, I saw many people apply for study permit while on a U.S. visitor's visa. So it is totally possible to do. Heck, I have seen people even without status, apply for a Canadian study permit in the U.S.. Those that came to the United States with a visa and overstayed it. I think the requirement in the United States for Canadian visa applicants that overstayed their visa in the United States, is that you must prove you have not been out of status in the United States for more than one year, at the time you are applying for Canada visa.

You mentioned those in Canada on a tourist visa sending their applications to the Canadian embassy in LA? Do you mean Los Angeles by LA? If so, why Los Angeles instead of any American embassy in the U.S. I remember a Canadian embassy been present in the city I lived: Seattle.

That said, thanks for all your recommendation. I will be checking Canadianvisa.com and doing the painstaking work of reading up. If I do decide to apply from Cameroun due to time factor, you can put your money down on the fact that I would be supporting my application with the best SOP possible. Yes history and God is on our side on this lonesome road less travelled. It's not a shortcut route and I am not trying to hide anything as some have suggested here. Just that my application will be late if I apply from Nigeria. I was awarded full scholarship on the recommendation of the academic unit, just waiting now for final approval papers from the college of graduate studies to apply for my permit. I cannot apply with just a recommendation, I need the official thing. Am I right here? Can take another two weeks just to get that to me. And assembling documents to prove my ties to Nigeria and buying a land and getting a deed made out in my name is going to take time too. I am not married and have not lived in Nigeria for many years. Hence the need to establish ties to Nigeria so I am not rejected. By the time I apply, it's gonna be in late July. So time is not on my side as you can see.

Sure thing, I would have my police report.

Any further knowledge and advice is most certainly welcome and appreciated in anticipation.

[b][/b]
Wow. You seem to know a lot. All the best sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 11:02am On Jun 06, 2017
iamMcVince:

I didn't receive medical mail..... That is I am confused!
when did you apply...and when did u track to see the latest development on your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2017
Please, anyone checked his or her application profile lately? There were some changes and I wanted to know if it's a general thing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 11:26am On Jun 06, 2017
Yes it is general. Noticed that too
They added background check, included UCI and app no, review of eligibility etc
Ejaloni123:
Please, anyone checked his or her application profile lately? There were some changes and I wanted to know if it's a general thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2017
Austinpee4:

Use your existing account to link your new application. It has nothing to do with the previous application aside being able to view previous history and decisions. As a matter of fact, your current account can be use for all CIC related immigration applications irrespective of each outcome. You can always use it for any category of canadian visa applications.

Okay boss, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 11:34am On Jun 06, 2017
Markab:
Yes it is general. Noticed that too
They added background check, included UCI and app no, review of eligibility etc
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 11:35am On Jun 06, 2017
Universities:
Good morning everybody.

My name is James.

God bless you all.
bro u don't have any issue concerning ur age. as for the criteria for ur program pls contact ur intended school for that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2017
Hi everyone,

I want to ask if this is normal. I received a refusal notification on my portal June 1 and when I rechecked now I saw that the final decision segment has been changed. Please see this attachment.

Please i need an urgent reply.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 11:51am On Jun 06, 2017
Idowu3080:
Hi everyone,

I want to ask if this is normal. I received a refusal notification on my portal June 1 and when I rechecked now I saw that the final decision segment has been changed. Please see this attachment.

Wow! This is confusing. But i think they are working on their website which could be the reason for this. Did you apply online or paper and did you get a correspondence letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Universities: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2017
electronic:

Canadian schools are quite competitive and fewer compared to American schools so admission for PhD would need some effort. And No, your Age won't be a problem for PhD. However migrating with family is easier with Canada than America so that's a Plus.
But post your profile so that people can help recommend schools for you.

@electronic. God bless you

My profile.

Diploma in computer engineering - 4.00
B.Eng in computer engineering - 3.72
Published two books on designing a website with over 500 pages both in html5 and css3 and cloud computing.
Msc in information technology 67%.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Universities: 11:56am On Jun 06, 2017
mcobex:
bro u don't have any issue concerning ur age. as for the criteria for ur program pls contact ur intended school for that

@mcobex. You too much. Thanks

I Il do that. You can give me some tips
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 11:58am On Jun 06, 2017
likeababygirl:

Wow! This is confusing. But i think they are working on their website which could be the reason for this. Did you apply online or paper and did you get a correspondence letter?

I applied through the paper route. Also, I did not get any correspondence letter since June 1.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
Idowu3080:

I applied through the paper route. Also, I did not get any correspondence letter since June 1.
Okay. Track your passport through vfs, if your passport says dispatched then you know a decision has been made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Idowu3080:
Hi everyone,

did you get a medical mail or upfront..??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MeinKampf: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
To the gurus, I know in some states in the US, once you can work for 20 hours a week as a student, your tuition will either be halved or waved completely. I want to find out if this is also applicable in Canada.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
duchesstyo:
Hello Osemigho,

I don't need anyone to pay for me. What I'm asking is to know how people paid on CIC website. I have used both Naira and Dollar card but none worked. Should I pay at VFS office? I want to submit online and not paper.

Don't know why your dollar card is not working. Are you sure it's balance is way higher than the amount to be paid? If yes, visit your bank.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kayvine4u: 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
There are different modules of IELTS for school admission and immigration purposes. For immigration, you have to write the General Exam, then for school admissions, you write the Academic exam. [quote author=goodnewsokereke post=57232340][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.