Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,811 members, 7,889,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (900923 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by aliACCA: 10:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
No update here as well... Processing Time for Ghanaians just reduced drastically from 20 weeks to 13 weeks grin grin

may kiss kiss kiss Almighty see us all through

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by aade5: 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
Fredericton, Electrical & Computer Eng

EJIZY:

Which of the campuses at UNB did you apply 2 and what is your program....I will be going to UNB this fall.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vickyehi: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
Reporting live from the city of Brandon manitoba Canada

Speaking about a a dream come true.................
I just want to say a very big thank you to my nairaland family for being there for me..
A big kiss goes to @prolificjude*********

ABOUT THE RIDE
it wasn't really so bad ....thou I just took drugs for virtigo (motion sickness......I didn't want to fall hand as the nurse Weymouth I be...lol).
I flew Ethiopian line and their services was pretty cool (na my ist flight sha).
Didn't have any hassle at Lagos international airport...I was all smiles so them nor too worry me (girl power)
At POE....the officer wanted to be used by the devil.....she asked you if came so damn early and said I should give her an explanation (she was so serious looking at me like say she wants drive me go back)....I gave her one and she left to communicate with her colleagues (as the Bini Gerl that I am and the daughter of a prophet; Bishop David oyedepo and prophet chinedu Anthony.....I begin Kabash for my mind) next thing she came back starred at me for a while and then said that I should make sure I am actually studying........so she handed me my permit and I let out a sigh of relief......(nor be small thing ooo)
From there on I had to go locate my connecting flight (tip....if u have a connecting flight try to get ur luggage on time so u don't miss ur flight).

Had a welcoming and homely crowd in Brandon here....they make me feel at home (plus my winners pastor too here at Brandon as LFC just came to the town).

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
for those of us still expecting our TRV just believe cos with God ALL THINGS are possible.....don't just say it ...believe it. A word was spoken into my life by his servant prophet chinedu Anthony(life of freedom int) and I got mine. Now it doesn't matter ur church cos I am a believer of GOD not the name of the church.....just have faith and it would come to pass. Every person I have met here doing the same course as myself had a 1 year TRV but by his word which doesn't return to him Void even after an initial refusal I got 4 years TRV in 12weeks on the dot (btw....that's the time frame I asked God for) . KEEP YOUR FAITH STRONG......I hope I have encouraged someone here today......remain blesses

Canada is indeed a very beautiful place......***wink***

Thesoj,prolificjude....et al.....thanks for ur input

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 12:07am On Jun 12, 2017
I responded to CIC mail as regards proof of funds transfer on 29/05/17...sent my tuition receipt and a bank draft of $10,000 cad. now the thing is my tuition for 1 year is $14,000 CAD and I have already paid about $13,325 CAD...still have about $600 CAD to complete my tuition..As CIC say make we pay entire tuition .....Please I need an advise to know how to go about this? my Dad is saying I should scan and send them his bank statement...please gurus in the house advice a brother. Below is part of the mail sent to me

 Due to currency controls in effect in Nigeria, [b]you must provide proof of having paid your entire tuition for the first academic year [/b]AS WELL AS one of the following: 1) a letter from a Canadian financial institution stating that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit in the your name and a bank statement for the Canadian account; 2) a bank draft in foreign convertible currency for living expenses for the upcoming academic year* made payable to you; or 3) written assurance from the your bank that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit and can be exported under the Central Bank of Nigeria’s forex control policies. *For greater clarity, “living expenses for the upcoming academic year” means $10,000 CAD for 12 months or, if your course is shorter than 12 months, $833 CAD for each month of study. This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/08

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 12, 2017
Abiodunne:
I responded to CIC mail as regards proof of funds transfer on 29/05/17...sent my tuition receipt and a bank draft of $10,000 cad. now the thing is my tuition for 1 year is $14,000 CAD and I have already paid about $13,325 CAD...still have about $600 CAD to complete my tuition..As CIC say make we pay entire tuition .....Please I need an advise to know how to go about this? my Dad is saying I should scan and send them his bank statement...please gurus in the house advice a brother. Below is part of the mail sent to me

 Due to currency controls in effect in Nigeria, [b]you must provide proof of having paid your entire tuition for the first academic year [/b]AS WELL AS one of the following: 1) a letter from a Canadian financial institution stating that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit in the your name and a bank statement for the Canadian account; 2) a bank draft in foreign convertible currency for living expenses for the upcoming academic year* made payable to you; or 3) written assurance from the your bank that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit and can be exported under the Central Bank of Nigeria’s forex control policies. *For greater clarity, “living expenses for the upcoming academic year” means $10,000 CAD for 12 months or, if your course is shorter than 12 months, $833 CAD for each month of study. This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/08

remove your name. also has the deadline not passed?. if not pay the 600 imo, it's just 600 and at this stage would you risk anything
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 12, 2017
Hi everyone. I would be applying for my student visa on Tuesday. My mom would be sponsoring me. I have the following documents.

Admission Letter
Quebec Acceptance Certificate
Affidavit of Name
Affidavit of support from sponsor
Family picture
Birth certificates of family members
Passport data page of family members
SOP
All educational certificates
Treasury bills of mom as investment portfolio
Family business bank statement
6 months Sponsor bank statement from mom
Passport photograph
Letter from bank
Birth certificate
Accommodation letter
Police certificate
E medical
Family Business certificates
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor
Recommendation letter
Pls are these documents okay. If anything is missing,pls let me know. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chimah3(m): 1:19am On Jun 12, 2017
Abiodunne:

As far as you have paid up to that. There is no problem believe me. Conestoga has a way of always making sure the fees you send in are short of a few hundred of dollars! But I hope u met up with your deadline!

You are one of the people I can't wait to see get their study permit!! You have been too over patient! God's approval is on your case bro...cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 12, 2017
You want to submit online or paper ?
Alantobie:
Hi everyone. I would be applying for my student visa on Tuesday. My mom would be sponsoring me. I have the following documents.

Admission Letter
Quebec Acceptance Certificate
Affidavit of Name
Affidavit of support from sponsor
Family picture
Birth certificates of family members
Passport data page of family members
SOP
All educational certificates
Treasury bills of mom as investment portfolio
Family business bank statement
6 months Sponsor bank statement from mom
Passport photograph
Letter from bank
Birth certificate
Accommodation letter
Police certificate
E medical
Family Business certificates
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor
Recommendation letter
Pls are these documents okay. If anything is missing,pls let me know. Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 12, 2017
John2017:
You want to submit online or paper ?

Paper application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 2:40am On Jun 12, 2017
John2017:
To know more about CIC online application ! Send me a mssg Thanks

Hello boss,
Do you mind sharing with us here what you know about online application?

We all want to know too.

It doesnt really make sense if we all decide to go the private route, what then is the excess of this forum?

Whatever, most of us know, we all got it from this forum and to the glory of God, most have gotten their trv approved.

So, sharing with us here wont be a bad deal except if there is any other thing involved in your knowledge.

Just saying though...

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by keduduka1234: 5:50am On Jun 12, 2017
freeradical:

Well, I'm only just an admission seeker but have followed this thread for a while. When u get to d visa application stage a PhD will sell better than another msc but that doesn't mean u can't get your TRV with a well packaged application for masters, good sop where u clearly explain to the visa officer why u r going for another masters and not a PhD.
For mine, I started out by googling schools in Canada that offer masters with funding (thesis) in biochemistry (which is my undergraduate course). I came up with McGill, UBC and Toronto. Applied to all three in December and I've started getting feedback from the grad coordinators except Toronto. It's been so difficult securing a positive feedback from supervisors. I dunno if they have prejudice against we Africans. Don't want to dwell on that anyway. I'm still shooting out mails. It's tough work because I have to tailor each mail to suit each faculty member based on their research area. I'm interested in oncology, gene expression and cell biology in that order.

So my advice is just take Ur time and do research online. The schools I applied to I later got to know from guys in this forum that my chances r slim as the competition there is very stiff. So u may want to look for schools at the middle of the ranking cos they might be easier. Write the faculty members of these schools first as you r a PhD applicant. Write a compelling mail to them and share your past works, papers that are related to their field and wait for their feedback. You can always apply when you have secured a supervisor.

All the best fellow eminent!

PS.... UBC doesn't offer biochemistry alone but combine it with Molecular biology. Some schools too are like that. So don't let it put u off its still very much d same as both field are quite interrelated.

Hello freeradical..
I have the same research interest to, with a background in Biochemistry and I've also tried those schools.
Mehn, the challenge is real !!!
Please can I communicate with you via email?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by williams552: 6:48am On Jun 12, 2017
vickyehi:

I just want to say a very big thank you to my nairaland family for being there for me..

ABOUT THE RIDE
it wasn't really so bad ....thou I just took drugs for virtigo (motion sickness......I didn't want to fall hand as the nurse Weymouth I be...lol).
I flew Ethiopian line and their services was pretty cool (na my ist flight sha).
Didn't have any hassle at Lagos international airport...I was all smiles so them nor too worry me (girl power)
At POE....the officer wanted to be used by the devil.....she asked you if came so damn early and said I should give her an explanation (she was so serious looking at me like say she wants drive me go back)....I gave her one and she left to communicate with her colleagues (as the Bini Gerl that I am and the daughter of a prophet; Bishop David oyedepo and prophet chinedu Anthony.....I begin Kabash for my mind) next thing she came back starred at me for a while and then said that I should make sure I am actually studying........so she handed me my permit and I let out a sigh of relief......(nor be small thing ooo)
From there on I had to go locate my connecting flight (tip....if u have a connecting flight try to get ur luggage on time so u don't miss ur flight).

Had a welcoming and homely crowd in Brandon here....they make me feel at home (plus my winners pastor too here at Brandon as LFC just came to the town).

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
for those of us still expecting our TRV just believe cos with God ALL THINGS are possible.....don't just say it ...believe it. A word was spoken into my life by his servant prophet chinedu Anthony(life of freedom int) and I got mine. Now it doesn't matter ur church cos I am a believer of GOD not the name of the church.....just have faith and it would come to pass. Every person I have met here doing the same course as myself had a 1 year TRV but by his word which doesn't return to him Void even after an initial refusal I got 4 years TRV in 12weeks on the dot (btw....that's the time frame I asked God for) . KEEP YOUR FAITH STRONG......I hope I have encouraged someone here today......remain blesses

Congrats, Heading to Brandon Uni soon too, can i get your emails pls? Thanks in adv.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 7:02am On Jun 12, 2017
Mabs16:
Please, what's d latest cost of upfront medical exam presently?
30000 naira.. Prime medicals consultant. Port harcourt
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freeradical(m): 7:13am On Jun 12, 2017
keduduka1234:

Hello freeradical..
I have the same research interest to, with a background in Biochemistry and I've also tried those schools.
Mehn, the challenge is real !!!
Please can I communicate with you via email?
I seem to be having trouble replying my yahoo mails. I have seen your PM already. I will get back to you via Gmail later
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freeradical(m): 7:23am On Jun 12, 2017
manlikegb:

@freeradical, thanks for the timely reply. Can you please shed more light on "course based masters" and also what you mean by competition for funding. Thanks a lot.
A simple Google search will help clarify most of your confusion. The basic differences between course based and research based masters as their names implies is that while d former is focused on course work the latter focuses more on academic research. Also research based masters has more funding compared to course based programs. The research based masters r more competitive because of the limited funding available so they usually pick out the candidates with the best profiles for admission. With your 2-2 u can confidently get a course based masters if you apply early and write a compelling SOP but be ready to bear the financial brunt of your studies in Canada. The VOs won't be merciful to deny your TRV application if your funds r deemed insufficient.

Hope I have answered Ur query. Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 7:50am On Jun 12, 2017
Seeing new faces on this thread
I'm still here, just observing and waiting for money to surface.

Passed Ielts

7.5 Band

Who's in Lambton College here?

grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tomexy4(m): 7:50am On Jun 12, 2017
Cocosmite:
Cee
Pls calm down. Yours is comfortably exactly 7 working days.
Mine was 12 working days before I had it change status.

Relax go online and rewatch NGA VS SA

PLEASE HELP ME >>> I submitted my application online june 9 and i have recieved a message to come to VAC for biometrics. I want to know which documents i should take along....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 7:51am On Jun 12, 2017
mcobex:
Thank God, that's how it will keep dropping and not just dropping but our trv will be approved by God's grace

How many weeks was it before
Think it was about 2 months that last time I came on this thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Fredozki(m): 7:55am On Jun 12, 2017
aade5:
Fredericton, Electrical & Computer Eng

aade5, congrats, good to hear you got full funding from ECE department UNB, I also applied to same department in UNB for winter, still awaiting my admission decision. pls can i PM you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 8:22am On Jun 12, 2017
LightandDarkness:

remove your name. also has the deadline not passed?. if not pay the 600 imo, it's just 600 and at this stage would you risk anything

Deadline passed on 8/6/2017.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 8:26am On Jun 12, 2017
chimah3:

As far as you have paid up to that. There is no problem believe me. Conestoga has a way of always making sure the fees you send in are short of a few hundred of dollars! But I hope u met up with your deadline!

You are one of the people I can't wait to see get their study permit!! You have been too over patient! God's approval is on your case bro...cheers!

Thanks bro....and yes I met the deadline cos i replied them 29/5/2017....By Gods grace, all will turn out well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 12, 2017
Nothing other is involved! Just want to discuss about the payment made easy! Anyone can private chat me for that information . Thanks
maziude:

Hello boss,
Do you mind sharing with us here what you know about online application?

We all want to know too.

It doesnt really make sense if we all decide to go the private route, what then is the excess of this forum?

Whatever, most of us know, we all got it from this forum and to the glory of God, most have gotten their trv approved.

So, sharing with us here wont be a bad deal except if there is any other thing involved in your knowledge.

Just saying though...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Holyfield1(m): 9:16am On Jun 12, 2017
Koval12:
that's my problem. I need someone to assist me with information here on nairaland. the threads and comments are much and digging for information can be tiring. Can you be of any assistance?
2.5 million bro.... Kindly, Run, Run, I mean RUN for your life..... That's outrageous, You're about to be scamed.... You can actually do everything yourself, Google and nairaland are your friends.... You will get all informations you need for your application here

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by williams552: 9:19am On Jun 12, 2017
Good morning beautiful pple, Please I'll like to ask, For UG program If I pay my total tuition fee and opt for the school's residence/meal plan, do i still need to show Living expenses 10kCAD or I'll have to show both receipts or its better to apply with an ordinary Confirmation of acceptance Letter? Awaiting a helpful response, thanks!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 10:26am On Jun 12, 2017
Abiodunne:

your deadline has past NA... It's 08 of June
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2017
CanadianNurse:
your deadline has past NA... It's 08 of June

Yea the deadline has passed... how far with urs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 11:27am On Jun 12, 2017
Abiodunne:

Yea the deadline has passed... how far with urs?
just waiting, praying and being positive... I've done my part

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sharles: 11:44am On Jun 12, 2017
hustla:
Seeing new faces on this thread
I'm still here, just observing and waiting for money to surface.

Passed Ielts

7.5 Band

Who's in Lambton College here?

I sent you a pm, i will like to relate with you

grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 12, 2017
hi pls can i get ur mail... that's the city i'm moving to soon and i will also need to locate my lfc family as soon as i land oo. pls end me a pm.
Thanks truly your case is different!
vickyehi:

ABOUT THE RIDE

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lanrayx: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2017
tysaxmalomo:

The 2:2 sometimes may not matter if your cgpa meets their requirements you may be lucky enough to get what you want. But honestly your cgpa has to be atleast a 3.3 to meet the 3.0/4 Canadian schools require.... Up to you. You can as well mail the programme coordinator of your intended programme and request for an unofficial evaluation, they MAY help.

Depends, all in all please do your research well.

All d best

pls what is a 3.8 on a 5point scale to a 4point

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.