Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,183 members, 7,880,690 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:34 AM

Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists (15521 Views)

Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists / Dollar Scarcity Stops Capital Repatriation By Investors / Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by ORACULUM(m): 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
As is always the story...
the Dollar all grew wings and flew away
back to $1=N1,000
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by wristbangle: 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hmmmm short of words. Perhaps I can only say miscreants are hoarding dollars expecting it to depreciate for their personal gain. Sometimes I regret being a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by piagetskinner(m): 12:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
after one week of Gos news....

this Nigeria sef
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by VULCAN(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
FAKE ARTICLE LOADING!!!
I applied for the maximum last week at my bank(for PTA) and was given yesterday. No story. Go to your bank.

Story is written by a Northener. Hope you can read between the lines

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by pat1612(m): 12:33pm On Mar 02, 2017
grin and free fall starts
CBN and its inability to regulate has failed time and again. I never had hope let me start buying as its going up time to make some cool cash shocked cool
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by murmee: 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
tinsel:
Enemies of this country are doing everything possible to see to that naira continues to depreciate instead of appreciating.
Exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by beholddean: 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
If you have genuine need for the dollars, go to your bank with the required documentation. You will get it. I can bear witness to this because I got the maximum $4000 for my trip. It's no rocket science

2 Likes

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by chinedu234(m): 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
On the management of our dollar crisis,I agree the government must let go so that the forces of demand and supply can determine the effective rate. We citizens also have a responsibility to ask ourselves how much dollar our individual activities are contributing to the economy.
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by PresidentBuhari: 12:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
I don tell am phor Osiy to make sure every Nigeran who whvoted phor APC get am phor dollar, kajiquo.

I get am phor dolaar, if you need am come and collect it grin
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by erico2k2(m): 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
Tokziby:
How i wish people knew the politics that goes on in the banking industry. The Govt needs to interfere in the affairs of the banks in Nigeria, they are also a major contributor to the recession because they control the cash flow in the economy. Whether they release it or not, the banks are unhappy with the drop in price of dollars because many of the top men (cabal) in the industry have invested millions of dollars in BDC. Hence they are trying by all means to frustrate the move in order to reduce their losses. We are sitting on a Loooog thing in this country, these greedy cabals are the ones holding the county to ransom.
You also forgot they are business men and women.They control supply you control demand
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by kernel501: 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
xstry:
GEJ should return his share of our stolen yams. It'll go a long way in boosting our external reserves lipsrsealed

Calling GEJ shows what a coward you are, what happened to all the military head of states, and past presidents? Go and fetch him, misplaced sexual pile over.

1 Like

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
kernel501:

Calling GEJ shows what a coward you are, what happened to all the military head of states, and past presidents? Go and fetch him, misplaced sexual pile over.
defender of criminals. please don't quote me lipsrsealed
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by kernel501: 1:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
xstry:
defender of criminals. please don't quote me lipsrsealed

It was defender of crimes that voted for America most wanted Drug lord Kashamu representing Ogun state in Senate, as well as celebrating Ex convict Bode George ...History will not forgive you're teacheous antecedent.

1 Like

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by ehissi(m): 1:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
dimeji1:
Sponsored Fake news by abokis. Most of the banks are selling. Travellers only have to go the Bank's head office Branch or designated branches to pick up the FX. Fcmb sells at their head office in Lagos.

We are talking about travellers who have to make quick trips that can just go to the airport and change at whatever Rate available.

So if I have to travel first thing tomorrow Morning to London, I will first go to FCMB head office or Ikeja branch to go and buy form and wait and see whether they will give me American dollar instead of zimbabwean dollar before I travel..... undecided
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by Sunnyja: 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
xstry:
tell your otuoke drunk to return our yams.
The ones returned so far where is it?
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
kernel501:

It was defender of crimes that voted for America most wanted Drug lord Kashamu representing Ogun state in Senate, as well as celebrating Ex convict Bode George ...History will not forgive you're teacheous antecedent.
grin

1 Like

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by sucess001(m): 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
yeeeee! and i just sold all my dolls at 450.....

i for wait ooo...

angry angry angry angry
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
davdjayj:
The real black-market still sells between 460-470.
I think this 425 they mentioning remains on paper only.

425 is nt jus a figure on paper its official,, the banks in collaboration with d parallel market are d only stumbling block,, they will do anything to fustrated any policy that might starve there greed..no surprises!!! its typical of corruption to fight back in this part of d world.
i expect the CBN to monitor the banks lik its one on one marking,,funds this bank nd put survelliance on there forex transactions ... sanction any bank not cooperating let heads roll... its time this govt show attributes of tryants,,nigerians are greed nd self centred people... all measures b it military shuld b adopted to beta our economy ..

1 Like

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by Trybes(m): 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
The recent appreciation in the naira looks very temporary. If care is not taken it may fall to another record low.
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by Emassive(m): 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
u don't need to comment if you will only back the govt without any evidence.
dman4mdmoon:
Nigerians! They will definitely look for one bad story to discredit every good move made by the government.
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by icon8: 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
I guess those so called "travelers" do not have bank accounts, that will enable them buy their PTAs from commercial banks! Why anyone will wait till their departure date before looking for fx to buy at the airport beats me.

WHOEVER GENUINELY NEEDS PTA SHOULD APPROACH ANY OF THE 21 COMMERCIAL BANKS IN THE COUNTRY FOR THEIR QUARTERLY ALLOCATION OF $4,000 before their travel date!!! It's not difficult, I bought mine on Tuesday for a trip I plan to embark on next week.

We shouldn't expect the banks to comply with the CBN directive of erecting outlets at major airports overnight! While it is desirable, the CBN directive only advised that they do so as soon as practicable, which may be in another year or two, in my opinion.

This report is nothing but a failed attempt at watering down the gains associated with the recent CBN intervention. To which I say, there's no going back!

3 Likes

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by Wiseoldman: 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
FAKE NEWS!!!!!! Dollar is available for people that follow the rules laid down by banks and CBN.

The speculators are trying soo hard to induce dollar scarcity....No way!!!

1 Like

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by icon8: 1:42pm On Mar 02, 2017
Wiseoldman:
FAKE NEWS!!!!!! Dollar is available for people that follow the rules laid down by banks and CBN.

The speculators are trying soo hard to induce dollar scarcity....No way!!!

I wonder o. E pain them...bloody enemies of the State!
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by dman4mdmoon(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
Emassive:
u don't need to comment if you will only back the govt without any evidence.

So you are the one that determines who should comment and should not? I am too busy for e-fight oga! I have just said my own opinion, so say yours.
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by webmasterezra: 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
hmm
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by StepG: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2017
beholddean:
If you have genuine need for the dollars, go to your bank with the required documentation. You will get it. I can bear witness to this because I got the maximum $4000 for my trip. It's no rocket science
hey good to hear that,please can you share with me the bank you use so that I open account with them.I tried first bank for the maximum but was turn back on the ground that they have exceeded their limits that got me frustrated am travelling to Germany this week with my euro sourced from black market at N455 to a dollar.
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2017
Who are those people receiving dollars from cbn and hoarding it?We hear that cbn has been pumping millions of dollars into the system but the scarcity of the currency still persist.There are also foreigners who visit nigeria with dollars and exchange them into naira.Who are those unscrupulous element hoarding the dollars?

1 Like

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by Boss13: 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
Love Machine:
Who are those people receiving dollars from cbn and hoarding it?We hear that cbn has been pumping millions of dollars into the system but the scarcity of the currency still persist.There are also foreigners who visit nigeria with dollars and exchange them into naira.Who are those unscrupulous element hoarding the dollars?

There are a lot of factors underplaying here. I believe this was discussed on a previous thread in the Business Section. Forget whatever the CBN is trying to do, they are using palliative measures to solve a rotten wound. I don't take Emefiele serious since Nov 2016, immediately after the 4th Quarter MPR meeting, where he adopted a DO NOTHING APPROACH in an economy that is in recession.
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by JUBILEE2000: 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
xstry:
GEJ should return his share of our stolen yams. It'll go a long way in boosting our external reserves lipsrsealed

After the men in Mina and Ota have returned theirs
Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by yinkslinks(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
Lie I got $4000 from UBA today in abuja. Just show ur visa and ticket
dre11:

[b]Despite recent measures by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to ameliorate the difficulty in sourcing for dollars, the scarcity still persists.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/travellers-can-t-get-forex-as-dollar-scarcity-persists/187460.html

Re: Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists by Akwaudene87(m): 3:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
xstry:
tell your otuoke drunk to return our yams.
and your Ewedu obasanjo will keep this own

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate November 8 2023 / Emeka Offor Bags Doctorate Degree In UNIZIK / How Can Someone Survive With 300k In This Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.