Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,227 members, 7,943,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:08 PM

Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank (8492 Views)

Ecobank Commences Mass Sack Of Oceanic Bank Staff / Oceanic Bank Denies Sacking 1,200 More Workers, Slashes Salaries By 30% - Latest News / Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by nethacker(m): 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2009
MUNEER2:

At the inception of this problem, my mind told me it would continue for quite a while, so, i had to withdraw all my money in my account, and transfered it to GTB,

Now, GTB is also facing security problem,

Where else do i run to?
@d bolded,pls if i may ask , what evidence do u hv to back ur claims cos me nvr get probs with them ooo and so do others too grin grin
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by MUNEER2(m): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
nethacker:

@d bolded,pls if i may ask , what evidence do u hv to back your claims cos me nvr get probs with them ooo and so do others too grin grin

I'll have loved to post the link, but this is in my personal email account.

An e-mail was sent to me telling me this story that i should update my security level and immediately i clicked on the link, the message was requesting

me to provide my ATM card details.

Now, what would you call that, a message from GTB itself. And moreso, how did they get to know my personal e-mail addy?

Maybe you have a better word to describe that if not security problem

Because it hasn't happen to anyone you know doesn't mean its not happening lipsrsealed
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by ud4u: 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2009
Sanusi, we are very much grateful to you.

God bless you.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2009
MUNEER2:

An e-mail was sent to me telling me this story that i should update my security level and immediately i clicked on the link, the message was requesting

Now, what would you call that, a message from GTB itself. And moreso, how did they get to know my personal e-mail addy?

Because it hasn't happen to anyone you know doesn't mean its not happening lipsrsealed

Guy the message u receive is from some buncha idiots ie YAHOO BOYS. I have received same a number of times despite the fact that I don't have an account with GTB. All they do is use an email extractor to get people's email and send the message randomly and if you are unlucky, you fall into their trap. The site is not GTB's original site but a fake. Shine ur eyes! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2009
MUNEER2:

^^^^^

dude, thats a scam mail sent to you by yahoo boys.

if u added your details change them pronto or your account will be cleaned out

na wa o- so phishing dey work
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by bigrod1: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2009
[size=16pt]kai,they don use person head do maga.but bros,u`ve been told not to supply anyone ur atm pin no.[/size]
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by mrperfect(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2009
Pray that should have mercy and relocate affected workers to a better jobs.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by hackney(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2009
silvernice is not serious
LMAO

this is serious sha o!!
Bloated banks. During the fake banking boom in nigeria with new bankers buying SUV's i knew something was amiss.
Nigerians (both individuals and institutions) are not very good at making substancial honest living.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by IVORY2009(m): 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2009
The biggest question now is which bank is safe to bank with??
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by MUNEER2(m): 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Guy the message u receive is from some buncha idiots ie YAHOO BOYS. I have received same a number of times despite the fact that I don't have an account with GTB. All they do is use an email extractor to get people's email and send the message randomly and if you are unlucky, you fall into their trap. The site is not GTB's original site but a fake. Shine your eyes! shocked shocked shocked

Thanks man, looks like i aint the only victim here
oyb:

^^^^^

dude, thats a scam mail sent to you by yahoo boys.

if u added your details change them pronto or your account will be cleaned out

na wa o- so phishing dey work

Thanks to you man

@nethacker, so can you now tell me there's isn't security problem now, with an e-mail that i've never used for any other thing than business

Maybe the sacked induviduals are looking for a way to have a better life

IVORY2009:

The biggest question now is which bank is safe to bank with??

Yes! I was just about asking that too
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2009
To me,i believe is more to this issue of oceanic bank.Be cos Cecilia Ibru confirmed and promised to to sack any worker during the meltdown period early ds yr but the that the bank would not employ more staff.I knew ds cos i was supposed to enter the bank then.
Why all this sack sack thing after she was removed?Is the new MD trying to tell pple that the the bank has problem or what cos nothing was known be4 sanusi came up with his wahala and these banks were running efficiently.
I knew OB never had any problem then.
I believe it is a planned work cos why r they sacking when it is not that they hv lost anything or trying to fold up?

God will save us in Nigeria from the hands of heartless human beings.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by texazzpete(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2009
MUNEER2:

Thanks to you man

@nethacker, so can you now tell me there's isn't security problem now, with an e-mail that i've never used for any other thing than business

Maybe the sacked induviduals are looking for a way to have a better life

Yes! I was just about asking that too

So even after being told 1 million times never to disclose your ATM details online, you still fell for that cheap trick? Haba!
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by slimes(m): 5:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
I predicted it some 3 months ago and told a worker and she rained abuses on me. Now, it is here.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by abhosts(m): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2009
texazzpete:

So even after being told 1 million times never to disclose your ATM details online, you still fell for that cheap trick? Haba!

Did you even see the way he authoritatively refered to the matter as GTB's "Security Problem"?  grin grin
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by MUNEER2(m): 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2009
texazzpete:

I never said i provided it, I just said what was on the link provided.

abhosts:

Did you even see the way he authoritatively refered to the matter as GTB's "Security Problem"?  grin grin

Looks like you got issues, Hit me then

Miss GTB angry
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by debosky(m): 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2009
MUNEER2:

Thanks to you man

@nethacker,[b] so can you now tell me there's isn't security problem now, [/b]with an e-mail that i've never used for any other thing than business

I guess every bank in the world has security problems then - I get scam emails from natwest, hsbc, citibank and others almost on a daily basis - does that mean their systems are weak? NO

The scammers are simply preying on poorly informed Nigerians.

On the GTB issue - I have received over a dozen warnings in response to the scam emails so even if you never got one, you've been informed never to disclose details online to anyone. I don't know what other banks have done, but that is a really impressive response.

Interswitch has also been phished actively. . . I wonder if they are stepping up their awareness campaign as well.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by Meldrick(m): 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2009
man smith:

consequences of poor leadership which is pronounced in all biz sectors in the country.if the people do not rise up to fight this leadership problem then they should be ready to be jobless.how come it that a bank that declared billions of nair profit last year is now saying that they lost billions this year?simple some body(auditor) did not do his job.people its not late what ever you are doing do it well  because if alarm blow,

You amaze me.
A bank that declared billions of profit last year now declaring a loss. Hmmm. This should tell you that all is not well. False statements declared on the floors of the stock exchange. Audit firms only interested in what they can eat and conniving with these banks to cook up false figures. At the end of the day they come out with a public offer and the ordinary Nigerian who does not understand the fraud pepertrated by these dubious proffessional accountants spend their hard earned money in buying these shares.

No difference between the theives that carry guns and these criminals hiding under the name of professional accountants. Using their biros to steal from poor Nigerians. May God descend mightly on them.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by MUNEER2(m): 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2009
debosky:

I guess every bank in the world has security problems then - I get scam emails from natwest, hsbc, citibank and others almost on a daily basis - does that mean their systems are weak? NO

On the GTB issue - I have received over a dozen warnings in response to the scam emails so even if you never got one, you've been informed never to disclose details online to anyone. I don't know what other banks have done, but that is a really impressive response.

Interswitch has also been phished actively. . . I wonder if they are stepping up their awareness campaign as well.

Where have sensible folks like you been?

Those words were nothing but sense  wink
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by bigrod1: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2009
debosky:

word
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by Bomi(m): 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
Hey Guys why is that when 'Big Man' Mess Poor man will carry the chit! This country is tiresome! sad Imagine the pensioners that invest into these banks. you think that flimsy execuse by Lamido will enable see reason why the life saving will be wash down the drain! cool God dey! I think the investors deserve the bailout or what is this government saying to the public about investing in Nigeria talkless of the outsiders.
THINK IT WELL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE A DIME IN THE BANKS AND IT SHOULD NOT DICTATE HOW THE BANKS SHOULD BE RUN!
CBN governor has not solve the issue of the large stock of money in the vault of the banks that has not been engage in anything or is the money for show off in the name of risk management?
Ca n The Mr Governor tell Nigeria what happen to the he subscribe to while in First Bank that went awry with ILL of London?
Now it is the season of sacking! SOLUTION ENOUGH IS ENOUGH LET ALL THE WORKERS IN THE BANKS COME TOGETHER AT ONCE BECAUSE IT IS NOT YOUR TURN TODAY WILL NOT MEAN THEY WILL NOT COME FOR YOU TOMMORROW. LET ALL THE WORKERS ASK QUESTIONS! LET ALL THE SHARE HOLDERS ASK QUESTIONS! WHY THE BANK CEOs ARE BEEN PERSUADED NOT TO SEEK REDRESS! IT ONLY US THAT CAN HELP THIS COUNTRY TO DO THE RIGHT THING  shocked
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by foyeks2001(f): 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2009
wonders shall never end
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by Ad4(m): 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
Please have mercy on the workers who have struggled all the years and hope to get a future out of it.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by bigrod1: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2009
[size=24pt]all that glitters isnt gold[/size]
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by Chubiko: 6:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ha! 40% to return to mama thank you? I tot they bailed them out wiyh our money? A beg let them cut pay instead of laying off.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by yme1(f): 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
that is bad, i hope they come out of it successfully tho
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by funshoa1(m): 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2009
God have mercy!
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by drharry: 6:52pm On Dec 15, 2009
, Hmmm Bank JOBS that were once a hot cake among young graduates is now becoming an unjsafe place to work,
I hpe something is done fast to stop this dangerous trend,
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by kobikwelu(m): 7:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
its a pity that this is happening. cry

but in reality, this is just part of market forces.(DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME cool)

when in the united states, they were declaring mind boggling job cuts, nobody here paid notice(BTW, their economy is 50 times larger,robust, better organised than ours). if an economy like the USA can shed jobs because of the global crises, then why are we complaining. its just a bitter pill to swallow

its normal, its all a cycle.these banks will still bounce back and start employing like mad before long(minimum period of 5yrs grin).

THE CASES OF OUR BANK CHIEFS MIRROR THAT OF THE BANK CHIEFS OF THE MAJOR CORPS THAT WENT BUST/DISTRESSED in the states(FANNIE MAE, FREDDI MAC,BEAR STEARNS,AIG , the list goes on) they were both reckless and paid themselves outrageous bonuses and had shady investments with shareholders/deositors funds.

as i said, its general, there were job cuts in all continents.

its just that our economy isnt that exposed to the global market hence the delayed reaction that we are all experiencing.

of recently, DUBAI has joined the bank wagon of failed financial dealings
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by CarlosVent(m): 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2009
only people that have skill can survive in this country.

all these education certificate Jobs can and must surely fail one day.

learn computer skills,
welding
sowing
mechanic etc with this all u can beg for food

thanks all
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by Chizua(m): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2009
ud4u:

Sanusi, we are very much grateful to you.

God bless you.

SANUSI IS THE AUTHOR OF OUR PROBLEM. A reform that need to be done in 3 years He did under 2 months. He said on paper that their is not credit squizz. Though it is not his fault cos he has food on his table while companies and banks are closing shops and people loosing their job. WHERE IS YARADUA SEVEN POINT AGENDA ON JOB CREATION?
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by onpoint3(m): 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2009
The truth about the situation i the banks presently is that no Bank in Nigeria is making a profit since lamidos reckless actions.Granted the former Management of the Banks made some mistakes but hey,in business u win some and you lose some.If you wanted them out what you should have done was get their individual boards to ease them out and then get the individual boards to recapitalise the banks and aid them in debt recovery quietly intstead of making it seem like it is criminal to owe a Bank. As a pro active business man it isn't possible to have all the money you need for your projects without borrowing to meet pressing needs. If you dont pay as at when due,it is a Civil cause of action and not a criminal issue. The Banks i am sure are quite capable of retaining a counsel to pursue the matter in court and reaching an amicable solution which will lead to the Bank getting the Debt liquidated.

But because of the Bull in a china shop approach employed by our dear CBN governor,Banks are not leanding,business men cant get financing and the recession comes out full blown in Nigeria. Anyway,happy new year y'all.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by No2Atheism(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
big rod:

[size=16pt]the truth is,these banks and everything abt them i.e staff and co have always been `false`.last yr,they posted billions as profit and they are now laying off their workers.they started by paying silly wages even though they hardly made profit.imagine when u have to spend money u dont have-pple`s money.as for the sacked staff,they shld look elsewhere.they shld have known that all that glitters isnt gold.i could have  been a victim if not that i listened to my dad who warned me dat the banks were just fronting.

debts           pre tax debt     
bankphb         439bn
union bank      223bn
finbank             94
springbnk          23bn

saw these on friday.almost all the banks are in huge debt.[/size]

- Please go an say thank you to your Father for  being bold enough to tell you the truth . . . some parents are just interested in their children working without really bothering to think of the future career path.

- I am likewise grateful that my kind of mind simply can't allow me to work in a bank . . . or any financial institution for that matter cus the truth is that I simply cannot explain how they make money. . . without having to do fraudulent things that my conscience as a person simply cannot permit.

- Its unfortunate that some people's careers have been cut short by all of these, I would not be suprised that marketers and those who did not meet the ridiculous targets are going to be the bulk of the people that get the sack. So in essence I do not really think the sack might end up being justified cus at the end of the day, those who are corrupt enough to succeed in obtaining the ridiculous targets might actually scale through the downsizing meaning that whether we like it or not, the bulk of the people that remain might actually be the bad eggs amongst the work force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Animal Production A Good Course To Study In Nigeria? / Gt Bank : Entry Level Aptitude Test Jan 8 2011 / Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.