Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,196 members, 7,884,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38524 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Demolaf: 7:25am On Apr 16, 2007
Lol. Well like i have always said, it just amazed how PDP, and Co actually thot they were going to win. Fooling themselves. I was wondering to myself reading the threads b4 the elections that are this people in the same LAGOS. Now they say rain and Rigging. PDP no shame, they even lost at their house, at their mothers house. Let them just sit back amd enjoy the 8yrs of Fashola regime, because it will be wonderful.

Eko oni baje ooo
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:31am On Apr 16, 2007
Dnt mind them.Its jst a sign of bad things to come u know.I can imagine their excuses when they loose the Presidentials
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by spora(m): 10:09am On Apr 16, 2007
Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007?

Babatunde Raji Fashola (BRF) of AC will.

QED.

Case Close.

Courtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by bubabe: 11:52am On Apr 16, 2007
Congratulations to AC and Fashola. Our prayer is that his regime will be successful, that he would resist pressure to serve a few rather than serve all and that our dear state and nation will grow. i pray that one day we will take our place among the great nations of the world. jimi agbaje has a genuine complaint that his photo was omitted from the ballot paper. i do not believe it is enough to call for cancellation of the election and i don't believe that he has joined anyone calling for a cancellation. he left the venue of the press conference before it took off. i believe INEC owes him an explanation and indeed duty to let him know exactly how many votes were invalidated because people thumb printed the column for his photo instead of the 3rd column. but that is that. we must put the collective good of all above any individuals. but i do think we should not forget all the weaknesses and problems of the elections and aim for better next time.

I am proud that i voted. i am proud that many came out and exercised their right to vote. i pray the government in power will deal decisively with our under development and poverty in the land. no governor of Lagos who does not tackle the menace of joblessness and drug abuse will leave a legacy of good. what it seems to me is that our leaders have over the years preferred to window dress and not dig deep. they prefer to have area boys multiply across the state so that they can be used to perpetrate their (that is, the leaders') dastardly and selfish goals. i was born to middle class parents and although i did not grow up swimming in money, i have never lacked. but i have from a very tender age been sensitive about what goes on all around me. i can choose to ignore the decay and focus on enriching myself and immediate family but that Will not be right. yesterday on my way home from church so many beggars littered the streets. my heart broke as i wondered within whether our leaders really care about the plight of most. i constantly ask myself whether as these leaders drive around town in their jeeps with tinted windows, they feel for the people. during voting a family friend asked whether i would vote for his candidate. when i said no his response was "se iwo o fe jeun s'oke ni?" (meaning quite literally "wouldnt you like to chop up"wink most unfortunately that is the mentality that prevails today. with no hope for real change, many are content to have their "boy" or "person" be governor, president, whoever, - at least that assures them of contracts and opportunities to make themselves rich. but let us not forget tomorrow. it is rumoured that when mko abiola's dear wife lay in pain her body riddled with cancer, he wept saying something about how "money has been put to shame".

The people have spoken. A governor has been elected. As a lawyer myself i congratulate Governor elect Fashola. May you be blessed with the courage to truly serve the people. very soon we will have a new president. lets pray our new leaders will do well for us all. amen.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dapsycool(m): 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2007
Case closed, A[b][/b]gbero C[b][/b]ontinues
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dapsycool(m): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2007
Case Closed [b]A[/b]gbero [b]C[/b]ontinues
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 2:22pm On Apr 16, 2007
Fashola peeps congrats.
BUBABE, I need a way to contact you. I have a very important question for you.
Its very important
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by TheOne2(m): 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2007
Me I have just one request to make:

Even if Fashola does no other thing for four years, he should only help all of us clear all the agberos off Lagos roads. They are a menace to society and no sane society should allow such. I was shocked when I heard that Tinubu said they were the ones that voted for him so he couldn't touch them. At least in this case Fashola got more tham 800,000 votes. Or are are there more than 800,000 agberos in Lagos.

This is my candid request to the new governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by oshy(m): 2:51pm On Apr 16, 2007
form a hemp smoker to a better igbo taker, which way lagos, another 8 yrs of wasted lagos, i sorry 4 ma peoples
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by bubabe: 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2007
hello hoao62 not sure why but I'm reluctant to post my email address openly. why don't you send me yours and i will contact you by email immediately
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by bubabe: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2007
Where is Streetcyph?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2007
NO PDP am so happy.If only all States can be like Lagos.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2007
I am also reluctant to post mne on here , i dont know how we can get in touch. can you think of anything
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2007
God, give us men!

GOD, give us men! A time like this demands
Strong minds, great hearts, true faith and ready hands;
Men whom the lust of office does not kill;
Men whom the spoils of office can not buy;
Men who possess opinions and a will;
Men who have honor; men who will not lie;
Men who can stand before a demagogue
And damn his treacherous flatteries without winking!
Tall men, sun-crowned, who live above the fog
In public duty, and in private thinking;
For while the rabble, with their thumb-worn creeds,
Their large professions and their little deeds,
Mingle in selfish strife, lo! Freedom weeps,
Wrong rules the land and waiting Justice sleeps.

By Josiah Gilbert Holland

When few months this thread was lauched, I never imagined we could have a thread this volatile, enormous

There and then when Spora created the thread Streetcyph my good pal working with THIS DAY newspaper was the first person that responded, followed by my humble self, where he argued Pedro will clinch and I rightly postulated all things being equal Fashola would clinch it. . .then the major argument was Fashola is a stooge, now we all know better, over 800, 000 progressives can never be wrong, can they?

The support that went Fashola’s way has been too tremendous that even a few of us here that were canvassing for other candidates e.g 9ja4eva, Mustay etc have rightly congratulated him, that I feel is a sign of true sportsmanship, considering the fact that what we all witnessed was a credible election, violence-free as against the initial fears being expressed by the electorate, especially as it was feared that the Koro boys would unleash violence on the state

The major factor that led to violence-free elections in Eko-ile was the fact that AC had conducted proper orientation lectures for their supporters so as to make them ignore any attempt at getting them provoked by Koro boys, for example in some LGs their leaders criss-crossed unhindered polling booths with a convoy of mean-looking touts at times numbering between 10-20, in some cases more though and as usual they were chanting their usual slogans- KO SI KORO KO SI IBO which ordinarily was against electoral laws, the mission was to scare of potential voters off the booths, funny enough the resolve of Lagosians was to ensure that Koro and his ilk portending impending anarchy would not be voted in tongue cool

I also praise the efforts of the polling agents at ensuring that there were reduced wranglings as against previous elections, the agents used this time around were actually younger and more literate since the polls are fast assuming an IT-based style, hence they actually did not see the need for a do or die electioneering cheesy

I actually find as appalling the press conference that Pedro and co called, it makes one puke considering the fact that immediately after they had voted and the polling ended they all claimed to have been satisfied with the process in its entirety probably save for Agbaje who complained that his picture was not on the ballot papers, Pedro complained of a candidate in Alimosho that was representing the party for the House Of Reps that didn’t have his picture on the papers undecided

Even at that, how many wars do these gentlemen and ladies want to fight in a lifetime? shocked shocked

Whats with their defeatist attitude? angry

Why cant they just take a lesson from politicians in the civilized nations, that would have sent congratulatory messages to a winning candidate when its obviously clear that person was bound to win the race, not to talk of when that person has been declared winner, and people have shown support for the winning candidate with the way they jubilated on the streets of Lagos? tongue

Don’t this people know that the respect that people have for them is rapidly vanishing into thin air cos of this their attitude of not accepting defeat? shocked cheesy

How many Governors can Lagos have at a time? undecided cheesy

If they could form a coalition few hours after elections, why couldn’t they have seen the writing on the wall to bring up a formidable opposition to contend with Fashola? tongue grin

So Koro could identify with people like Pedro, Aro-lambo and Gbajabiamila? Whatever happened to KOSI KORO KO SI IBO, TRANSLATED NO KORO NO ELECTIONS!!! EWWWW!!! THIS GAME CALLED POLITICS SHA . . . SOME PEOPLE ARE SO SHAMELESS!!! shocked grin

Was it the same KORO I saw that emaciated at that conference, it seemed as if he and Adiukwu-Bakare were in keen competition for the most-emaciated guber candidate!!! ewww shocked grin

Agbaje was at that meeting earlier on, but funny enough he left before it was convened, I wait to hear he is not actually party to that kind of coalition again, cos I believe he is a principled man . . . once bitten twice shy!! cool

Some of these people really need to ask themselves what they stand to gain from this aimless course, what exactly does Adiukwu-Bakare want? How many more wars would she fight in order to achieve her inordinate ambition of ruling Lagos? angry

Definitely the co-winner from this is surely Afikuyomi that properly timed his ‘prodigality’ back into our camp, and he truly proved he is a progressive wink cheesy

Back to Agbaje’s picture issue . . whilst am not trying to justify INEC for exclusion of his picture I would have expected Agbaje to come out to say whether or not truly his party submitted his picture late since INEC complained that some parties submitted their candidates’ pix late undecided

Moreso I would expect that we all follow the trend of events across the country so as not to be unnecessarily subjective in our arguments, cos these things didn’t only happen here in Lagos so we shouldn’t turn it into a vendetta affair. Prof Iwu had already said people should vote by logo and not by picture, and to be fair to ourselves we all have been voting by the symbol of our parties ever since the days of Awolowo, AG, UPN down to SDP, etc cool

One other thing to note is that 114,000 votes if multiplied by 7 would not have upset Fashola and is Mr Agbaje claiming cos his picture was not there his voters voted for someone else or they declined to vote? undecided

Are we forgetting that a large no of the professional and cultural elites are his supporters? Are we saying these elites would only vote by pictures placed alongside the logo of the party? shocked

AS A PERSON I VOTED BY THE LOGO OF MY PARTY WHICH IS THE BROOM . . . THAT WHICH THEY COULD NOT BURN OFF BUT RATHER HAS BEEN USED TO SWEEP THEM OFF INTO OBLIVION grin cool

THERE WAS NO WAY ON EARTH AGBAJE WOULD HAVE WON EVEN A LOCAL GOVT EVEN IF ALL PICTURES ON THE BALLOT PAPERS WERE REPLACED WITH HIS . . .SO HE SHOULD STOP CRYING OVER SPLIT MILK cool

KORO KORO KORO, HOW MANY TIMES DID I CALL YOU? . tongue grin . .is it not sad that you hoodwinked into supporting your candidacy people that should know better like LLcoolg05, madejibo (ballot box stealer), damsol, and not forgetting my friend FEMILANGY *whom was even defeated right in front of his house like their Oga Koro. . . .kpele jare my paddy shey u used those anti-stress pills I prescribed to you?* Take am easy there is always another time, at least Baba Iyabo might compensate Koro his in-law with an appointment if perchance Yaradua gets there, well I am not sure we would also like to see a Minister that would be barking Shiaman and Foters to the faces of very learned state house reporters, so maybe a less-reckoned with board appointment might do hehehehe grin grin

Like Mrs Kemi Nelson, an authority in Lagos politics said, AC won in a classy style using a sledgehammer on an ant, Koro sorry o, no be me talk am o, na madam talk am o!!! but wasn’t it obvious? grin

828,00 TO 320,000? EWWWWW!!! WITH ALL THE FEDERAL MIGHT? shocked tongue grin

I TOLD YOU ALL THAT FASHOLA WOULD WIN CONVINCINLY AND WOULD CLEAR ALMOST ALL LGAS, but you all felt I was running my mouth or spewing bunkum, don’t we all know better now?

People like Streetcyph were actually predicting a run-off, run-off ko sit- tight ni nonsense!!! So how would Pedro get involved in a run-off with 29,000 votes to 828,000 votes that is Fashola’s? another ABRACADABRA? SO WHERE WENT ALL THE SILLY CAN and PFN ENDORSEMENTS YOU WERE BUSY MARKETING FOR US TO BELIEVE HOOK, LINE AND SINKER? shocked grin grin

But seriously I respect all you guys for your very mature contributions, incisive and analytical in nature even though I felt some form of information manipulation were constantly being peddled which I felt someone like me tried to correct cool

For all those that sent me messages via Yahoo messenger and some mails commending me for my write-ups, and most recently some congratulating me, notably from different camps, let me quickly say, I am not a journalist neither am on the payroll of either the State Govt, or the AC as a party but am a very loyal member of AC, one that believes so much in the Fashola Project with every ounce of his blood
I SAY A BIG THANK YOU ALL. . . MORESO I PRAY EKO O NI BAJE AND WE WILL ALL WITNESS A BRIGHTER REWARDING FUTURE UNDER THIS DISPENSATION OF FASHOLA’S
cool cool

I say a big thank you to Dayokanu who has held the fort several times when I was no where near the thread, how would I forget Debosky, Razorr, Fynewaka (my best buddy on NLand) Crazykid, Lordimpaq, lakesideforlove, Kliverpool for their unwavering support for our newly elected governor.

I also extend my hand of fellowship to my very good pallies of the other camps- Streetcyph, Juvenile, Femilangy, LLCOOLG05, Madejibo, Damsol, Juvenile, Mustay, Hoao62(how can I ever forget to mention you)and others too numeroous to mention

To some other neutrals like Bolaoni, Loyika, Christino, who funny enough are part of the main sports afficionadoes here on Nland, what can I say but assure you we have a sports-loving Governor that would make Lagos regain its lost glory

GOD BLESS US ALL
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2007
Kitaun, I am so touched
Well I am using this medium to invite back all our brothers who ran away from Nairaland since koro lost. Come back it is not the end of the world. koro has never lost an election was a common quote on this thread some weeks back now he has and humiliatingly too. So let him start all over again from councillor since the progression has been broken. In the first place Koro shouldn't have left AD i guess he thought he was popular he tested his popularity and found out that outside the garage no one likes him. Lagos is the center of Excellence and it is too complex for Koro.
Senator Onikoro better luck next time in a lower post.
Eko o ni baje
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2007
Make una no complain if in d next 2 years, tinubu collects all his money he used 4 fash's campaign cos fg still dey owe Lagos money and if this continues, wo una go SUFFER!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 10:56am On Apr 19, 2007
AC's victory will be short lived that is the prayer i sicerely pray for the common man in lagos, cos looking at the amount of money they spent on elections u ll know they have to get it back from the states tresury and this is trouble for lagos, even \has @ sat. nite unconfirmed news has it that tinubu gave the inec REC one billion naira to announce the resulkt in ac's favour, all the project tinubu embacked on in the last few months were financed by loans so that lagosians ll be decieved and vote for AC.

PDP ll use everything to fight LASG and this ll only affect the common man in lagos i pity ourselves and i saw a lot of pple selling thier votes for 1k for ac not knowin the implication of wot dey are doing,
see in nigeria we play the politics of bittrerness which is bad and PDP will be so bitter to the new LASG that lagos will suffer unless atiku wins (which is like saying a man ll getr pregnant), i pity lagos, LASTMA ll now be very powerfull cos lasg will want to make money,

i supported koro not because i knw him, i supported him because of the common man, we cshall see the worst side of lagos IF fashola is sworn in,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 11:19am On Apr 19, 2007
These enemies of progress are here again? Sore losers!!! *long hiss*
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 11:53am On Apr 19, 2007
na hiss abi? ok o! just wait and see what tinubu go do
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2007
men kitaun, no be say i be enemy of progress but na the yan be that, see it is just the truth, eko ti baje,

koro will win the case at the tribunal,

so wateva u want to get from fashola get it now

PDP, POWER
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2007
Madejibo( I will steal votes),
You are here again-enemy of progress Thank God Koro did not enter,For he would use all the treasury to pay back Transcorps =N=1 billion.You are not even ashamed Koro with all is loud mouth could only manage to win 1 LG and you can still come here to say nonsense.
If Lagos was rigged you would have seen protest on the streetlike in Oyo, Edo, Osun,Ekiti, but instead we see jubilations in Lagos if it is true that AC rigged the foters would be complaining
Koro's going to Tribunal is very baseless when he was interviewed on Saturday he said he was satisfied with the conduct of the election, All PDP agents in the various wards signed the returning sheet so what is he complaining about: That Fashola sent rain to disturb election? or that OBj did not come back from Ota to help him rig.
EFCC should probe Koro. Koro is a bad loser that was how he complained when Hilda Williams floored him he should go and use his remaining money to play Lagos lotto or better still Baba Ijebu the winning number for this week is 1,3 grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 10:12pm On Apr 19, 2007
@ everyone, Dayokanu mentions no violence but AC celebrating across Lagos State. Though the battel is far from over, if KORO was indeed the THUG that you all label him as, dont you think he would have acted like a THUG and encourage unnecessary violence across the state, but instead he monstered courage and told his supporters the battle is not over, let them enjoy their temporary victory. THAT IS WHAT I CALL A LEADER

Eko cannot and will not spoil, because AC aint going to be sworn in. I strongly believe so, by the way KORO has too much opportunities ahead of him, we all Know Yardua is president so no fusssss. KORO's future is toooooo briiiggghhhhhtttttt!!!!!

I strongly believe this time around, Lagos will get the Governor She deserves and that by the Grace of God isn't going to be a pupett. AMEN~
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2007
koro ll be sworn in on may 29,

why should there be violence in lagos u wont say u dont know that ac was buying votes for 1k, if u lie God sees u, Obj never came to lagos to rig the elections, i am not an enemy of progress cos if u really know me u ll know i dont really care abt who rules lagos, cos i am very privilege but i am in touch with pple and i just want the best for lagos, i am very close to pple t\hat make decisions in this country, and i can tell u the REC in lagos was compromised by Tinubu in which when iwu found out he was ready to cancel the elections but for riots, protests and so on we allowed the results to be and i can tell u categorically the results ll be canceled Dayokanu watch wat u say to pple cos i am sure where i have been in u ll not probably be able yo be there in a life's time so you better know who is an enemy of progress.

when the law decides we shall see who ll come out and protest, even tinubu is afraid of his so called victory, now u ll see evidences and you will be shocked at him and you will know that the , dont let me divulge cos i am really pissed

dayokanu i wish i can meet u and give u the piece of my mind
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Gold(m): 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2007
Lagos is too sophisticate to committed into the hand of a baby man like KORO, a man of unstable character.

The center of excellent, the heart beat of Nigeria, thank God for the Lagosian, what a good option.

Ask him why did he left AC? No good reason, just because he is a baby in the heart that can easily be push here and there.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2007
@ Gold first i think you need to be a lot more competent, perhaps take some grammar lessons before you take hits at people. I thot they were typos at first but after one den two den three, "baby man like KORO" who in his generation do you know has achieved what the man has acheived in life?? think properly,look at your self, your father, your uncle, everyone and tell me what you can come with before you make such statements. Nigerian history cannot be written today without KORO's name being a part of it, so give allow the man the respect he deserves. That is my own GOVERNOR, and like i said I strongly believe he will rule in Lagos beginning May 2007
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 12:03am On Apr 21, 2007
Now it seems this defeat is making Koro and his boys run amok . . . Lmao
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 12:17am On Apr 21, 2007
Llcoolg05, so u no longer care abt who rules Lagos? Pray tell, what prompted ur leave 4rm 'NLNG'? Na wa o
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 12:40am On Apr 21, 2007
how can u say i dont care. i sd i have ma own governor n i believe he will rule!!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2007
I'm back! after a one week lay off

i see kitaun and co. have been going at it. here is my own take.

first i must commend tinubu and his bunch of cohorts. they really showed their rigging might last saturday. thats why folly (folarin) coker could come up to me on sunday night at Lacassa yelling in my face "you wan try us? even 20 pedros cannot outrigg us on election day!"

you had to be there to see it. i feel terribly bad for the likes of femi pedro. the 29,00 votes they said he had is laughable, because  people saw how they purposely supressed his numbers. he was out muscled unfairly. press people saw how it unfolded. the saddest story was a whole chuch in alimosho voting in one polling booth for femi pedro. the pastor rented a bus, and carried his congregation to the same booth, he almost had a heart attack when the INEC people in collabo with an AC polling agent said Labour Party only had ONE vote in that polling booth!!!!

speaking of polling booth agents, perhaps jimi agbaje might want to explain to us why AC polling agents where also deputizing as DPA polling agents as well. WTF?

i  don't know who i am even more ashamed of: jimi agbaje or tokunbo afikuyomi. press reports have been circulating that jimi, who kitaun refers to as a man of "principle", was bribed 200million naira by tinubu on monday morning. when i approached one of tinubu's commissioners, jide sanwo-olu, i was told that the bribe apparently was "a pat in the back for jimi, because of a job well done" what sanwo-olu meant by that remains to be seen. kitaun, explain to me how this is a man of "principle"

afikuyomi is even worse. this "seasoned democrat, veteran senator and fighter of causes" shamefully dropped his political ambition, supporters and well-wishers-24 hrs before election- for 150 million naira cash and a polling booth co-ordinator necktag. to add insult to injury, he saddend us all by popping cheap champagne with policemen on NATIONAL TELEVISION after the results were announced. i weep for our nation.

i really don't have any remorse for pdp. they were out-rigged on saturday. plain and simple. AC overwhelmed them on every level. after slugging it out with AC at the polling booth level, pdp ran to the ward coalation centers to continue round two. they were fooled, because the ward centers were mere decoys. instead, AC went straight to the local govt coalation centers. in partnership with the LGA chairmen and policemen, they locked out the Bode George PDP team and the other parties. pdp were too late!

we have been hearing different figures the lagos INEC commissioner was alleged to have been bribed with. the truth is moses ogbeh was helpless. the systematic, stepwise manipulation of results from the polling booth level to the LGA level overwhelmed the man. his job was to annoucne the results presented to him, fullstop.  whether or not he collected a bribe, he was helpless. he had no choice but to annoucne the sham result. from what i gathered, HE was the one who actually requested maurice iwu to transfer him this weekend, to avoid being slaughtered by anyone.

on tuesday, i sat with some of my colleagues, discussing the elections. we came to one consensus: tinubu has been playing with the psyche of lagosians for a number of years.

1. he has polarized lagosians, painting obasanjo and pdp as power-hungry mongerels who will do whatever it takes to posess power. what lagosians have failed to see is that this is actually an accurate description of Tinubu himself!

2. he has perfected the use of a modern weapon of oppression and manipulation, something even babangida and MKO could not: MONEY. it is what a colleague of mine at Tribune called "financial coup". the way he spent money over the past 6 months has been calculated and extremely reckless. if the figures are accurate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has spent close to 14BILLION NAIRA to execute his third term agenda. from the media, to the police, to the judges, to the civil servants, to some religious leaders and even Lagos INEC: tons and tons of lagosians have been on his payroll. it is indeed a tragedy that many of the people who have suffered for 8 years under his rule, were the same ones who facilitated his victory last saturday. it is what annother colleague of mine described as "a bought mandate", but i like to think of it as a "stolen mandate"

sentiments aside, i am proud of the campaign  femi pedro ran. don't forget that for 4 years, tinubu never complained about him, until he chose to run for governor. he has since been accused of planning phantom coup. tinubu has said he could not be trusted with lagos treasury. and now tinubu is saying the man is trying to cause chaos in lagos, only because the man participated in a press conference!! such immaturity by tinubu!!

whatver line of action femi pedro pursues,  there are hundreds of thousands of lagosians who will support him regardless.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by debosky(m): 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2007
I still believe that without any of these incidents that you have reported (which need corroboration anyways) Fashola would have won, Pedro was simply too late in the game and with his unknown Labor Party was never going to mount a serious challenge. He talks a good game, but truthfully? it was an extremely tall order to expect pedro to defeat the other more established parties/candidates.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 1:49am On Apr 22, 2007
Did you receive the money for Jimi agbaje?
Please stop being peurile.
Fash and his deputy remind me of tinubu and bucknor.
Everyone knows- Jimi's absent picture was a detriment and his pro also said
when some people asked where Jimi's picture was, they were told he had stepped down!
That's y a day to the election, d opposing candidates were boring d press that "am still in d race"
d law of karma 'll judge us.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 12:57am On Apr 23, 2007
Street Cyph, You are an idiot!!!!!
You have proven it time in and time out. [b]Ever since it Pedros fake cover was blown and he was exposed for the fraud he is you have been trying to make up stories about Agbaje.[/b]It is the likes of you that are fucking up Naija.

You and Pedro are idiots and men of no class, especially if Pedro approves the way you are working for him on here(thats if you are not pedro himself).

And you call yourself a journalist??

Its your kind of journalist that Nigeria doesnt need, liars who take bribes, to say anything and everythiong, true or not.

How can you say Jimi Agbaje was Paid Somebody that is contesting the results of the elections at the tribunal?

Is it because he failed to lend support to the coalition of Pedro, Adikwu-bakare e.t.c( people with no class and no political Future) . Your camp must be really upset to attempt to start this kind of Rumor.

God will punish you for all your lies. Keep that in mind, if you are attempting to malign a man who sponsored his dream for lagos sole handedly. Someone who has nothing to gain and everything to lose. 
Unlike Pedro who is trying to enter office to clean out the state treasury, you have a person like Agbaje and you are up here yanning balls.

I have nothing else to say to you, just watch what you say because God is still in control of lightening.
you fucking thief.

I cry for our nation.

make no mistakes, this is a battle between good and evil, and i pray for nigeria if evil wins.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply)

Ondo Police Speaks On Death Of Over Thirty Cows / Akeweje: MC Oluomo Hijacked Lagos NURTW From Me, Snatched My Second Wife / Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.