Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,207 members, 7,939,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38758 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lolabaloo(f): 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2007
want to know too anybody got any info?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2007
I've been gonne for a bit, and that's all people have to say? -VE things about KORO. Ya'll just a bunch of haters, SHAME ON YOU!!! How can you say the man isn't educated when he attended Texas Southern University and acquired both degrees during the years 1981-1987. He worked for a bit and moved back in 1989 and immediately got involved with politics. No aspirant, AND I REPEAT, no aspirant has the pedigree KORO has. R u kidding me, who in NIGERIA can stand and say he has served in all tiers of Government? please tell me. forget lagos state oh and talking about the WHOLE GOD DAMN country. That cat is too dynamic for all the rubbish some ignorant cats are coming here to chat.

ANYWAY as far as the debate, it wasn't really a debate, it was just an opportunity for all candidates to share their economic plans with the business community. Ladies and Gentlemen, did KORO steal the show or what!!!! You know there is impression among the elite that KORO cannot speak english and so on, so expectation was already low. Unluckily for the other candidates, they spoke first (each spoke for 30mins). KORO came late, and was allowed to speak for 20 mins. During his speech, he was able to articulate how the likes of Jakande built 14,000 homes for the lowincome n middle class, and this current government can boast of nothing. NEPA took light, and he cracked the joke saying, we should thank our brother FASHOLA, everyone laughed. Lights came back on, and he thanked FASHOLA again (laughter everywhere). He attended Ahmadiya College, so did Femi Pedro, he shared with people how Pedro was Five (5) years his senior. He ended with the highest sense of conviction. When koro ended, talk about a STANDING OVATION. He left immediately to attend his rally scheduled at IFAKO- IJAYE local government. The people were Dazzled, some guy said PEOPLE R BASTARDS. I thought they said this guy can't speak english.

Let me leave story guys. KORO is the next governor of Lagos State, not a damn thing any hater can do about it. A true son of Lagos is on the RISE. For those of us in Lagos, "Dere is no one that knows Lagos like KORO KORO KORO KORO is our man!!!"
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 12:31am On Mar 03, 2007
I think we are all tired of area boys and touts ruling us, we want someone that is honesty,transparent and would deliever, i honestly think we should give JAYKAY a chance, I have heard him one on one and he seems to know he's onions, let's give him a chance and see lagos work.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 5:29am On Mar 03, 2007
The Best Man abeg.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 11:36am On Mar 03, 2007
Pls i have a question for all you Koro and Fashola supporters,
What did they achieve while in govt.?
I just need 4 acievements each.
Meanwhile someone mentioned he wanted Fashola, so he can contiune what Tinubu started like BRT and LAMATA, that's a joke if those are the only two things that can be attributed to Tinubu's name,
, Besides lagos state has never been as dirty as it is now, area boys and touts became legalised during Tinubu's era and Fashola will probably allow that to contiune, please lets think wisely before we vote ,

Consider Jimi Agbaje for a change,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 11:17pm On Mar 03, 2007
Am with u all d way.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by tetede: 11:22am On Mar 05, 2007
Koro does not look educated to me i dont care if he has attened OXFORD, he doesn't speak good english and we dont need a Governor who believes so much in Area boys.

my pple vote wisely dont allow pple that av collected money from this educated illitrate to spoil our Lagos.
Koro(bitter) is not fit to be my governor.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by chuka2003(m): 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2007
Please anyone but Koro, the man is a murderer for christ's sake! he should confess and pay for all the attrocities he has committed. I'll rather vote in a GOAT with one leg grin grin grin grin!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 9:23pm On Mar 05, 2007
Hi Koro supporters, i think you should check out this evening papers, he is already being threaten with disqualification, if you have access to him why don't you advice him to take a chill pill,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On Mar 05, 2007
Unluckily for the other candidates, they spoke first (each spoke for 30mins). KORO came late, and was allowed to speak for 20 mins
When we are moving from business as usual, a man canvassing for votes came late how can this man rule in a civilised society? Lagos surely deserves better

Asking for what Tinubu did how much do you expect him to do when OBJ/PDP with help from Koro witheld funds for 2 years Tinubu must be a genius to keep Lagos running for 2 years without funds.
Imagine what a father can do in his house without salary for 2 yrs?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 2:21am On Mar 06, 2007
Una still dey? Koro ko bitter leaf ni. Be back later in d day to rock d thread
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 5:35am On Mar 06, 2007
JIMI AGBAJE for the job
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 8:44am On Mar 06, 2007

[Asking for what Tinubu did how much do you expect him to do when OBJ/PDP with help from Koro witheld funds for 2 years Tinubu must be a genius to keep Lagos running for 2 years without funds.
Imagine what a father can do in his house without salary for 2 years?]

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 8:46am On Mar 06, 2007
lol
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 8:48am On Mar 06, 2007
Dayokanu i beg to disagree with you on your point that Tinubu did not get money for two years, lagos state is the state that generates money the most and can actually sustain itself, what did he do with the money they gave him in the remaining 6years? Meanwhile no one has been able to give me 4 things both Fasola and Koro achieved while in govt,

Records from the national Bureau of statstics show that the rate of poverty in nigeria has gone down, but it has increased in lagos state which is suppose to be the centre of excellence, Let's face it Tinubu has failed us and so will Fashola. Please think well before you cast your vote[quote][/quote]
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 8:54am On Mar 06, 2007
Whats the basis of Fashola failing cos Tinubu failed
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2007
Nijababe, how shallow ur reasoning is!! Abeg do ur research well jare b4 u come saying gibberish here!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2007
kitaun:

Nijababe, how shallow your reasoning is!! Abeg do your research well jare before u come saying gibberish here!

You shld be the shallow one cos i see no reason y u classify someone a failure cos he belongs to same party with whoever.Learn how to talk
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 10:06am On Mar 06, 2007
Take it easy now, I'm not speaking gibberish i am just asking that we think before we vote,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 10:09am On Mar 06, 2007
9ja4eva, talking to me? I bet not!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by chuka2003(m): 6:05pm On Mar 06, 2007
Puuuuuleeeeeezzzzz, you guys please don't let koro win, our children will never forgive us. The man thinks he is larger than life, NOT KORO, NOT KORO, NOT KORO!!!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 2:05am On Mar 07, 2007
Nijababe:

Take it easy now, I'm not speaking gibberish i am just asking that we think before we vote,

Thats fine.Am nt speaking gibberish too.
kitaun:

9ja4eva, talking to me? I bet not!!

Read well and find out if i was.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 2:53am On Mar 07, 2007
Lack of something tangible to say?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:21am On Mar 07, 2007
kitaun:

Lack of something tangible to say?

Try make sense when posting.
Nijababe:

Hi Koro supporters, i think you should check out this evening papers, he is already being threaten with disqualification, if you have access to him why don't you advice him to take a chill pill,
Yeah it boils down to the same point.KORO is nt educated
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2007
who is against koro in e house?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2007
see tinubu is just a rogue nd is tryin to put someone dat ll cover his yansh
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by chuka2003(m): 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2007
now with PDP killing Yar'adua, their presidential candidate, we hope that they would also extend this kind gesture to KORO!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2007
Now this is getting seriously hilarious  grin but yet I think I must add my input

@Femilangy

You actually would make a good jester tongue and I promise you will not be too far away from me when am made Fashola’s Chief of Staff lol wink, at least you got good thoughts for your paddy wink

@Lewa

Thanx for putting things right about the issue of Koro and his thuggery antecedents cool

@All

Lets just put these things in their right perspective for once, then we would be able to view things objectively; we would do this by considering the major reasons why things would tilt in Fashola’s favour

Koro is a political thug that as a Senator was very inactive just like Lewa had rightly explained for the benefit of those who don’t know the workings of the Parliament.
He is a political traitor that defected to PDP and having done that became a source of obstruction to the yearnings of the average Lagosian which included his colluding with the FG to withhold funds meant for the state.
Can you imagine this same man saying that the part around Ojodu Berger does not belong to Lagos but rather to Ogun State? shocked
The same man was quoted as saying the NPC was right about the Census figures and that the Lagos figures released were reflective of the authenticity, as juxtaposed with the ones released for Kano State,  angry
isn’t there some form of idiocy surrounding his assumed antagonism to every thing Tinubu? undecided

For real, Koro has got the support of the uneducated, illiterate, semi-illiterate and a few literates like llcoolg05 and femilangy, but whats with this NO KORO NO ELECTIONS,
does it not smell anarchy, chaos, riotous moments for Lagosians?  undecided
Cos obviously what Koro faithfuls are banking on is that the fact that the thugs would not allow eligible voters of opposing camps to come out to vote for their candidates, so tell me y’all which way forward? undecided
The good thing about this is that other candidates are united in clamouring against that, Bola Tinubu has however responded by saying that there will be adequate policing to ensure that there is a peaceful atmosphere during the elections cool

Federal might, is one thing people are waiting to see if would turn out in Koro’s favor but who says the FG can’t afford to sacrifice Lagos State? or who told you that the Bode George of this world really want Koro to get there? tongue

The defection of  Mrs Hilda Williams and a large chunk of the WILLCO structure to AC is also a master stroke which would go a way in weakening PDP coupled with the defection earlier on of 26 political juggernauts which includes Prince Ademola Adeniji Adele, Mrs Denrele Ogunsanya, Prince Hakeem Dickson, Chief Enoch Ajiboso, Prince Sesan Olarenwaju and others. These defections were perfected by none other than Senator Bola Tinubu the master strategist himself who has bestrode the political arena of Lagos and even the country at large like a colossus cool

I still wait to see Koro defend the allegations against him as regards his age, his qualifications , he has a bachelor’s degree and also a masters from where?

As for Pedro, I commend him for toeing the line of honor by not joining issues with the likes of Afikuyomi in dissenting against Tinubu’s choice of Fashola, but the major thing that is worrisome is how someone that had been one for the private sector suddenly feels cool associating with the masses, this exactly is why I always find myself laughing at the funny nature of Naija poltics, very well Tinubu appointed him as deputy and as a person I don’t really feel all deputies are actually capable of taking over the mantle of power from their Ogas. Some have said the Labour Party are doing a nice grassroots campaign work, kudos to them, at least that would make other contestants gear up their own campaign strategies too. Labour Party by any standard is not strong though I admire the effort of people like Mimiko and Pedro that are making the party popular, does anyone remember that Adams Oshiomole was the pillar of the Labour Party in the country, what happened? Didn’t he defect to AC to actualise is ambition of becoming Edo Governor? undecided

Don’t you all think he had seen the handwriting on the wall

The Labour Party is being led in Lagos State by Chief Michael Dada, I listened to an interview of his sometime ago and I wasn’t impressed at all, maybe a romance of strange bedfellows you will agree cos Pedro undoubtedly can express himself unlike Koro

Jimi Agbaje a reputable Pharmacist, is one sound candidate but can anyone tell me what is the essence of brandishing credentials of being National Treasuer of Afenifere, an organization that lost face miserably amongst the Yorubas for the incessant battles within and the unholy romance with the Government of the day, that reminds me; what has happened to Ohaneze, ACF and Afenifere?? Psssssst angry tongue

Agbaje has been one candidate whose party just not seem to get it right at all, how can DPA be in alliance with ANPP so as to support Buhari’s bid to become President? Isn’t this some sort of ‘’fighting the common enemy even if we are strange bedfellows’’- some ill-thought marriage of convenience? shocked grin

Some of the other contestants might not even be worth talking about, for example what is to be said about Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi and Chief.Mrs Remi Adiukwu Bakare who have been poltical juggernauts for long but lust of power seems to have overtaken them angry

or what explains the junketing from one political party to the other of the Madam, methinks she has lost all poltical relevance she had in the past alongside someone like Mrs. Kemi Nelson

Afikuyomi should know better that ANPP does not have the kind of structure that would help him actualize his dreams of ruling Lagos tongue

Afikuyomi’s major mistake and others like Gbajabiamila of AD (still beats me how a sane man could go back to his vomit!!!) was the fact that they had been bragging all along that they were the anointed candidate of Tinubu thereby playing into his hands, embarassed grin grin

imagine few days to the AC convention that declared Fashola the AC candidate, Prof Kunle Lawal now the deputy-gov candidate for DPA was still claiming he would be chosen by Tinubu as his candidate for the Guber elections, NA WA O!!! shocked shocked

Now, to Fashola, this is someone that Tinubu has adjudged fit enough to rule Lagos State and the main basis will be for CONTINUIT[/b]Y sake, for all those trying to denigrate Tinubu’s achievements, what I perceive is unwarranted [b]PHD (pull-him-down)  syndrome, Tinubu has done beautifully well in Lagos and I still look round and wonder how developed  Lagos would have been if the FG had not frustrated the ENRON electricity project, or if the issue of the State Policing proposed by Tinubu had been approved, even Debosky that’s no where near Lagos at the moment agrees that the BRT and LAMATA are worth continuing given that Fashola rules on, below are some of the achievements of Tinubu’s administration

* Free eye services to the elderly
* Construction of new roads and maintenance of old ones I.E Agege Motor Road, Mushin, Itire-Lawanson, Surulere, Awolowo Rd Ikoyi, Adeola Odeku Rd, VI,
* Improvement in the standard of education, prompt payment of bursaries
* Computer education introduced in Schools
* Payment of NECO Exam fees
* Establishment of Millennium Secondary Schools
* Introduction OF e-TAX card
* Rehabilitation of the Courts
* Introduction of new Sheriff Corps to replace Court Bailiffs
* Free Legal services by Office of the Public Defender
* Rural water projects, e.g Alimosho, Kosofe LGs et al
* Innovation of Spelling Bee leading to emergence of one day Governors(for the best performer)
* Extensive digitalization of the State at large and others too numerous to mention

Given all these antecedents why should Fashola not be given a chance to rule Lagos? cool cool
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by rikkyjen(m): 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2007
Kitaun, are you sure, you are not a civil servant under the payroll of the Lagos state Government.  Fashola should appoint you as his Tony Snow.lol  grin grin cheesy.

Alrighty, Fashola Might be a SAN, but he is a political featherweight and a man whose naivety could cause lagos kata-kata. Apart from his administrative duty as tinubu's chief of staff, wetin him sabi again? the chief of staff job sef no be political job, though it had a political undertone! Basically, all of 'em candidates sef are the same. Koro is a defecting and cheating opportunist. Afikuyomi is a jump-ship, Agbaje should try councillorship elections. Pedro ke?

No doubts, PDP would capture the central government, For AC to enjoy lagos, they need an Agbero-like person like Tinubu who is ready to fight dirty with yaradua or wateva. and thats something Fashola lacks as at now. He sounds and look docile, not the lagos type, he would fit the states of Benue, plateau and 'em middle belt, not a ever maddening lagos!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by abdkabir(m): 8:24pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Kitaun
Too Nice One. You should be nominated for the Commissionership Post under Fashola.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 12:07am On Mar 08, 2007
@Abdkabir, thanks man . . .@Rikkyjen, if I may ask how many of us knew Tinubu b4 he became AD guber aspirant then? See . .in politics there is no featherweight when u have d necessary support!! Didn't OBJ initially play d part of IBB's stooge? The rest is history . .
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by rikkyjen(m): 12:26am On Mar 08, 2007
kitaun:

@Abdkabir, thanks man . . .@Rikkyjen, if I may ask how many of us knew Tinubu before he became AD guber aspirant then? See . .in politics there is no featherweight when u have d necessary support!! Didn't OBJ initially play d part of IBB's stooge? The rest is history . .

So you didnt know Tinubu? haba! He was popular as Sh!t. Ok, he was involved in them NADECO struggles against Abacha, before then he was a senator reping lagos during the 1993 failed transition. Tinubu was hecky popular.Infact his June 12 struggles got him the candidature of AD at the expense of Funsho williams who won the primaries.

Anywoo, Fashola sounds and looks too docile for lagos, though he may ride on Tinubu's crest to win the election.We just be spectators on our own, afterall i no fit vote from here sad undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.