Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,343 members, 7,913,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 12:49 PM

God Send Snakes To Bite Israelites - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Send Snakes To Bite Israelites (492 Views)

Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? / The Mistake Of Israel/israelites Versus The Mistake Of The Church/christians / Will God Send Me To Hell Because Of This? {PHOTO} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Send Snakes To Bite Israelites by obinna58(m): 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
When it comes to this Bible story, there are only two kinds of believers: those who have never heard of it, and those who are embarrassed by it.

Here's the story.

The Israelites began to complain about the lack of food and water.
And the soul of the people was much discouraged because of the way. And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread. Numbers 21:4-5
So God sent fiery serpents to bite the people.
And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people... Numbers 21:6a
And many of the people died.
... and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. Numbers 21:6b
Then the people apologized to Moses and God for complaining, and they asked Moses to do something to get rid of God's nasty fiery serpents.
Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people. Numbers 21:7
God told Moses what to do. Make a fiery serpent out of brass (they had lots of that lying around) and put it on a pole. Then when a bitten person looks at it, he or she won't die. (Only God could come up with a plan like that!)
And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. Numbers 21:8
So Moses made a brass snake and put it on a pole. And it worked just like God said it would.
And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived. Numbers 21:8

Well, I guess there are some believers that like this story, since it is highlighted in the ;DBible. I bet that's because it has snakes in it. God loves snakes.

Now that's a lot more entertaining than a damned holy war massacre, isn't it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Send Snakes To Bite Israelites by yomi007k(m): 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
wink

Bro to me, I think the message is to be grateful for wat u hv or u jus might lose it.
According to this passage the ppl still had life n hope....im not sure dey even remembered dt dey were jus recently saved.

My opinion. I hail.
Re: God Send Snakes To Bite Israelites by Niflheim(m): 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2017
@obinna58,

1.The "christian god" told his people to make an idol and look up to it for healing!!! He was encouraging ophiolatry(snake-worship)!!! Yet when the christian missionaries saw my Ijaw ancestors worshipping pythons, they claimed that it was evil!!! Such bloody hypocrites these christians are!!!

2.The ancient Greeks have always recognized the serpent as a symbol of healing!!! Even the Babylonians!!! Evidence of plagiarized myths if you ask me!!!

3.God does not want people to complain about food and hunger(because he is the King of Kwashiokor and the Master of Malnourishment)!!!

4,Why do christians claim that we should give them the fossils of the "human-ape common ancestor", when they are yet to present the fossils of the snakes that breathe fire?!!!

1 Like

Re: God Send Snakes To Bite Israelites by akintom(m): 5:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
No book is guilty of plagiarism as the Bible. Virtually all the tales in the bible, were copied from Grecian mythology.

(1) (Reply)

The Christian Minister And The Garment Of Holiness / Jesus Is Overrated. / What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.