Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,828 members, 7,872,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1142724 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by Telemon(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
Damn that was a hit. 1-0 that guy is winning bro try and equalize dont let him win...
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hello, Chumzypinky. when I started reading 'Tradition' I thought you scooped your inspiration from the bible (well, u said you wnted to start a christian novel) - [In that day shall seven women cling unto one man isa 4:1]. But then you gave a (scary) prologetic setting of your story from your grandma. Somehow the characters in 'Red Ashes' are somewhat similar:
Dike/Nathan- always treating ladies like trash, but end up falling in love.
Shiva/Nene- acting like they don't need a man in there life but keep slapping and hucking (romantic) insult at a guy...I'm beginning to fall in like with her though. [I was going to tell you to give Nene what Nigerians call "Agbolo" atleast to sedate her discombobulated paranoia, but then m just a viewer.
Mia/Jolade - Ever loving a guy but never able to bring the guy to propose; dying for a guy that doesn't care. well Jolade is not as violent-ridden as Mia.
Frank/Mozb- always ready to bone another man's wife [the thunder wey go fire this one stil dey chop Abacha wit dry fish for Aba!]. This story is great. but the punchline is that you (need to) strike some dynamic dimensions in ur stories. And oh, please, you don't have to wrangle wit every pips-queak that chucks denigrating words at you. (((make I come dey go b4 she say I don de-road her...I mean de-rail her thread. meanwhile ur boyz(wilsozy and ikombe) wan kill me with laugh. )))).
Just know you're my Favour-rite teller!
God bless ma'am. more happiness to your home and the guy in your womb_(you must be a strong woman). /pls don't be angry wit me for d long comment./ *shivering*

12 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by LitQueen(f): 8:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
Chumzypinky:

u seem to have forgotten that he is also their property
I'm disregarding that detail
Re: Tradition - A Story by Little95(m): 8:36pm On Mar 21, 2017
Nice story, more update..!
Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
do4luv14:

partners in crime, ah dey go tell momsi for una

No worry mummy know already
Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2017
do4luv14:

hennessy abi, ok ah dey come, mak ah add alomo-bitter join

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
wizsolzy:

No worry mummy know already

ok ooo...,
hope say you go see anoda angel, after you finish chilling with IKOMBE
Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2017
do4luv14:

ok ooo...,
hope say you go see anoda angel, after you finish chilling with IKOMBE

Na bimberry1307 is here with me

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Bensoate1(m): 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2017
Op where is our update naw, nice story by the way very intriguing and captivating
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2017
TheSevenScroll:
Hello, Chumzypinky. when I started reading 'Tradition' I thought you scooped your inspiration from the bible (well, u said you wnted to start a christian novel) - [In that day shall seven women cling unto one man isa 4:1]. But then you gave a (scary) prologetic setting of your story from your grandma. Somehow the characters in 'Red Ashes' are somewhat similar:
Dike/Nathan- always treating ladies like trash, but end up falling in love.
Shiva/Nene- acting like they don't need a man in there life but keep slapping and hucking (romantic) insult at a guy...I'm beginning to fall in like with her though. [I was going to tell you to give Nene what Nigerians call "Agbolo" atleast to sedate her discombobulated paranoia, but then m just a viewer.
Mia/Jolade - Ever loving a guy but never able to bring the guy to propose; dying for a guy that doesn't care. well Jolade is not as violent-ridden as Mia.
Frank/Mozb- always ready to bone another man's wife [the thunder wey go fire this one stil dey chop Abacha wit dry fish for Aba!]. This story is great. but the punchline is that you (need to) strike some dynamic dimensions in ur stories. And oh, please, you don't have to wrangle wit every pips-queak that chucks denigrating words at you. (((make I come dey go b4 she say I don de-road her...I mean de-rail her thread. meanwhile ur boyz(wilsozy and ikombe) wan kill me with laugh. )))).
Just know you're my Favour-rite teller!
God bless ma'am. more happiness to your home and the guy in your womb_(you must be a strong woman). /pls don't be angry wit me for d long comment./ *shivering*

hahahaha, Thesevenscroll, is that you?
Lemme disagree wit u in something. Shiv isnt like Kainene. Kainene believed she could do less witout any man in her life.
Bt Shiv doesnt tink that way. She had a fiance whom she loved so much remember?

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by jupitre(m): 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Tradion Whether i'm a virgin or not, doesnt give you any right to sleep with a man in your own mother's house! Imagine mother walks in one you' Shiv sighed.

'whats new there? Its not as if its gonna be the first time' she replied nonchalantly.

'huh? You mean she's caught you before?'

'uh-huh. I cant even begin to count the number of times...'

'Jesus!'

'dont call his name please'
An observation here mam..if its true mia's mum has seen her having s.ex with her bf,as in caught her in her house,their mum would have told shiv.remember she doesn't like mia,and moreso shes bent on destroying shiv's relationship with mia by giving shiv negative report bout mia...if its true her mum havr seen her having intimacy,she would have used that as backbone to destroy the relationship....just my own opinion mam......THANKING YOU
Re: Tradition - A Story by BlissfulJeff(m): 6:27am On Mar 22, 2017
following
Re: Tradition - A Story by yusufibrahim(m): 7:11am On Mar 22, 2017
rosalieene:
chai..... nice story chumzypinky. I finished red ashes today now here. more ink to your pen

you are really one of Nairaland best writers
wow nice to see u here but u didn't tell me something nice as this is here
Re: Tradition - A Story by rosalieene(f): 7:37am On Mar 22, 2017
yusufibrahim:
wow nice to see u here but u didn't tell me something nice as this is here
*smiles*

now you know

how are you
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 7:37am On Mar 22, 2017
jupitre:

An observation here mam..if its true mia's mum has seen her having s.ex with her bf,as in caught her in her house,their mum would have told shiv.remember she doesn't like mia,and moreso shes bent on destroying shiv's relationship with mia by giving shiv negative report bout mia...if its true her mum havr seen her having intimacy,she would have used that as backbone to destroy the relationship....just my own opinion mam......THANKING YOU
its not everything she'll remember to tell Shiv na. Maybe it skipped her memory. Besides you remembered her telling Shiv that Mia's done so many bad things. That inclusive
Re: Tradition - A Story by LitQueen(f): 8:23am On Mar 22, 2017
jupitre:

I don't think she keeps a list of all the bad things Mia does.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Reuben07(m): 8:41am On Mar 22, 2017
abeg update now...first tym commenting
Re: Tradition - A Story by jupitre(m): 8:46am On Mar 22, 2017
LitQueen:

I don't think she keeps a list of all the bad things Mia does.
I get you mam but you don't expect her to forget the vital ones.it would be the first that comes to her mind when reporting her to shiv...who forgets a s.ex incident mam??
Re: Tradition - A Story by jupitre(m): 8:51am On Mar 22, 2017
Chumzypinky:

its not everything she'll remember to tell Shiv na. Maybe it skipped her memory. Besides you remembered her telling Shiv that Mia's done so many bad things. That inclusive
i get you mam.am just interested in this mia's case..i think i like her....THANKS
Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 9:17am On Mar 22, 2017
wizsolzy:

Who is dis acode of a person wen dey make my baby dey shout so..If she feel headache ehhhhh.notin go fit save u from d problem
lol. tell am joor.
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 9:46am On Mar 22, 2017
wizsolzy:

Na bimberry1307 is here with me

oya enjoy dey go
Re: Tradition - A Story by LitQueen(f): 10:02am On Mar 22, 2017
jupitre:

i get you mam.am just interested in this mia's case..i think i like her....THANKS
I don't mean to be rude or influence your opinion but... HOW CAN YOU LIKE THAT PSYCHO?!!
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:03am On Mar 22, 2017
CHAPTER EIGHT....Tradition.
'Mia come back here'
Mia paused in her tracks. She closed her eyes. When would her mother ever stop taunting her? Ever since that day when she had talked back at her, they'd always been at loggerheads with Mia becoming bolder each day. She loved this her new self. She talked back at her mother without fear. But she still feared her. The woman was dangerous. Shivani might not know but she knew.

'where are you coming from? Did you come home last night?' Her mother asked checking her wristwatch 'its 8am now. Where did you pass the night?'

'at a friend's place' That statement alone earned her a hard slap across her cheeks. She held her left cheek painfully.

'i asked you before and i'm repeating myself, where did you pass the night?' Her mother asked sternly 'and you'd better not lie to me again'

'i said i passed the night at a friend's place! Florence's place'

'that useless Florence again? How many times have i warned you to stop moving around with that ambitionless fool? How many times Mia? Do you want to ruin your life?!'

Mia pursed her lips finally letting go of her reddened cheek 'Florence's a human being mother. And she's my best friend. She's been by my side for years now. Unlike you she's never judged me and she's always there to listen to whatever i have to say and help me out in difficult situations. You cant tell me to stay away from her when she's all i've got. You dont have a right to choose my friends for me mum'

'is that you talking or some frustrated dog barking hopelessly?' Her mother placed both hands on her waist 'you're just a cursed spoilt child Mia. You'll never amount to anything. As far as you came out from my womb and sucked from my breasts, you'll suffer for the rest of your life. Since you've decided not to be useful in your life, you'll continue to remain useless. Since its Florence who has now turned to your mother, continue. She listens to you abi? And she helps you out in difficult situations, continue. Maybe she'll help you escape suffering too. Because Mia, as long as you live, you'll suffer. Morning, afternoon and night. Bet me' She stretched forth her palm.

'i will not bet anything with you. I wont even try to counter what you've said. But i'll prove you wrong. Not with words but with actions. I'm destined for greater things and i dont even need to start telling you what i'm gonna become very soon. My only prayer is that God keeps you alive to witness it all' She started walking away.

'come back here you demonic child. I said come back here! Dont you dare walk out on me!' But Mia continued walking 'you'll see where all this your stubborness will take you to. Nonsense. You'll never amount to nothing! These are the words of Freda Ibe. Idiot!' She kicked the sofa with her heels in frustration.

'two glasses?' Dora muttered to herself as she pulled her loose sleeping jacket closer. She was confused 'this glasses werent here yesterday night. I made sure i cleaned the bar before sleeping and this glasses werent there. Who could have used them?' She asked herself.

She heard footsteps coming from the stairs and she looked up. Chinny and Edna were coming down.

'Dora good morning' Edna greeted.

'goodmorning to you too. Uh...' She raised the glasses up 'did you come down last night for a drink?'

'me? No. You know i dont take alcohol' Edna said 'Chinny did you?'

'no i didnt. I slept soundly. Maybe it was Ada, Flora or Benita' Chinny said.

'whoever it was, it wasnt one person. They were two' Dora said looking thoughtful.

'maybe twas Dike' Chinny shrugged.

'dont be silly! Why would Dike use two glass cups?'

'dont talk to me anyhow this morning oo Dora. Because as you can see, i've been ignoring you because i dont want trouble. Dont test my patience, do you hear?'

'infact just get out. You're not normal' Dora hissed, picking the glasscups and made for the kitchen.

'imagine the likeness! Idiot!' Chinny hissed.

'i dont know why Dora likes parading herself as the Queen of England sef. Who does she think she is sef?' Edna snorted.

Chinny glanced at her 'abegee shut up! When she was here, you didnt say a word, now she's gone, you're saying nonsense, abeg go siddon for dirty! People like una go see shit pretend as if e no dey smell but for back una go dey cover nose'

'what is your own?'

'abeg get out! Friend for front. Enemy for back. Please leave my way jareh' Chinny brushed past her taking the stairs two at a time.

TBC

9 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Maryclaire1(f): 10:33am On Mar 22, 2017
Nice story line....keeping my fingers cross on how it will all unfold
Re: Tradition - A Story by LitQueen(f): 10:37am On Mar 22, 2017
My darling Chinny. I love you more and more with every update.
Re: Tradition - A Story by nimat158(f): 10:47am On Mar 22, 2017
Nice story
Re: Tradition - A Story by jupitre(m): 10:48am On Mar 22, 2017
LitQueen:

I don't mean to be rude or influence your opinion but... HOW CAN YOU LIKE THAT PSYCHO?!!
consider a life without mother's love and tell me how it feels like mam..coupled with her hatred....
Re: Tradition - A Story by Little95(m): 10:53am On Mar 22, 2017
I like u chinny, u dnt av tym 4 nonsense
Re: Tradition - A Story by bossy512(f): 11:28am On Mar 22, 2017
Am really enjoying d story no b small, weldone ma
Re: Tradition - A Story by LitQueen(f): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2017
jupitre:

consider a life without mother's love and tell me how it feels like mam..coupled with her hatred....
I understand and I even liked her a little. But when she tried to kill Shiv, that was taking it too far. I mean feeling unloved is one thing, but planning an assassination is another thing.
Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 11:51am On Mar 22, 2017
I'm waiting to see, ok to feel the look on Freda's face when Mia turn out to be something out of her imagination. what kind of a mother hates her child that much?
Re: Tradition - A Story by Emekus92(m): 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
I see Dike and shiv spendin d night together in 1 room on 1 bed both naked. Wo c same as I do

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.