Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1142727 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by Hadampson(m): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2017
StephanieElla24:
happy birthday wullnp
Tanxsmiley
Re: Tradition - A Story by StephanieElla24: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2017
Lol dis Chinny is sth else.... I just love her jhoor. abeg Madame Chumzypinky kwantinui
Re: Tradition - A Story by majoie: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2017
me I am just enjoying the drama
Re: Tradition - A Story by Adesina12: 11:22am On Mar 23, 2017
Hadampson:
Today is my day. literaturelanders show some love

Happy birthday bro.

wish you long life and properity
Re: Tradition - A Story by Genevievejasper(f): 11:23am On Mar 23, 2017
HBD
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 11:27am On Mar 23, 2017
Hadampson:

Thank usmiley i have given ur cake to TheblessedMAN, go nd collect it 4rm him
ok
Re: Tradition - A Story by jupitre(m): 11:30am On Mar 23, 2017
Hadampson:
Oh My My.Someone special is celebrating a special birthday on a special day...Life is about more than just age and staying trim,its about staying happy and spending time with all your friends......HBD MAM

hope mama pinky will give us lenghty update for us to celebrate your birthday
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
Dedicated to Hadampson, the birthday boy.
Tradition...
'good morning sir'
Dike stopped in his tracks, then turned to the girl who had just greeted him. He had been so engrossed in his thoughts he hadnt noticed her.

'goodmorning you are?'

'i'm Mia sir. Mia Oke. I just resumed work this morning' She said politely.

'the new secretary?'

'yes sir'

'alright follow me to my office. There are some things i would like to show you' He walked away briskly.

Freda laughed rubbing the Igwe's bulging stomach stylishly 'hmm, Igwe you're so funny'

The igwe kissed her forehead 'you know you've always been the only woman who satisfies me down there'

'and you've always been the only man who gives me the pummelling i need down there' They chuckled. Then she kissed him 'Igwe...' She pouted.

'what do you want this time again?' He knew all of her tactics. And this was just one of them.

'there's this brand new car i saw in Lolo's entourage yesterday. I love it and its a new model. I'm tired of using the Prado, Lexus and Highlander, i want something different'

'is the car your problem?'

She nodded.

'alright, anything else?'

'yes. There's this expensive jewelry i saw at a store two days ago. It was so beautiful and i knew you would love it. You hardly buy me jewelries Igwe. But you dont hesitate to shower the Lolo with gifts of jewelries, clothes and cars. Its so not fair. I deserve everything the Lolo has as well. There was a diamond necklace i found in her closet one day...' She looked away biting her lips. She wouldnt tell him she already stole it. The necklace was too beautiful to walk pass 'she said you bought it for her your last trip to SouthAfrica. I was really jealous. You didnt even buy one for me as well'

'i'm so sorry Freda. Just that whenever i want to buy things for you, it usually skips my mind'

'thats just because i'm not important to you. I'm just one of your sexwhores, nothing more. Its alright. I know you dont love me. You're just with me for the sex, nothing more' She pulled away from him.

'oh baby dont say that' He reached for her 'you're very important to me and i love you. You're special to me in your own way dear. You're not just a LovePeddler to me, you're more than that'

'if what you're saying is true, why then do i feel otherwise?'

'thats just because...well, thats just because...okay, i'm sorry. It wont happen again. From now on, i'll shower you with all the good things of life'

Freda smiled and touched his moustach 'i knew you'd do that. But first, apart from the car and jewelry, i need a sum of twenty million. There's a business i would want to invest in, you know'

He quickly nodded like a zombie 'i'll do all this. Come here' He pulled her closer to him again, slowly unzipping her dress from behind.

'Igwe, where did you go to without your entourage' Lolo said immediately he entered their bedroom, hands on her hips, lips pursed in anger.

He sighed tiredly. Freda had worn him out 'is that how you're supposed to greet your husband Ngozi? Cant you see i'm too tired for all your ranting?' He took of his royal clothes and sat on the bed to kick off his shoes.

'are you serious? Now you're calling it ranting now eh? Eh? Useless man! I know you've gone out to see your little little ashawos here and there. Thats why you did not go with an entourage. Not even a driver. So no one will know the rubbish you're up to. Continue oo Igwe, continue. But God help you and that useless mistress of yours the day i catch both of you because that day eh, heaven must come down and separate us because only that will stop me from slitting both your throats with a jacknife. Idiot!' She hissed maliciously.

He looked at her and shook his head. The problem he had was that he loved her too much. Maybe very much. And that was why he was able to put up with her annoying behavior every now and then.

'i dont have your time Ngozi. Insecurity is just your problem' He threw his clothes on the bed and headed for the bathroom.

'your own problem is addiction! At your age you cannot stay without sex. You think i'll let you destroy my body with your yama yama thing abi? God forbid! O ma le! It'll never happen Igwe. Stop sleeping up and down. You're old and hypertensive oo. One day, you'll die ontop woman. Idiot! Foolish man' She picked up his clothes and tore them into pieces.

'Ngozi' He muttered under his breath.

TBC

11 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by yusufibrahim(m): 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hadampson:
happy birthday bro wishing u long life and prosperity many happy returns of the day in good health and wealth. Have lot of fun
Re: Tradition - A Story by Musampa73(m): 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hahahahaha...... Igwe self still dey 'nawo'. I wasn't surprised at all bcus Mia took after her mother.
Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
THIS NGOZI OWN TOO MUCH JARE. Abeg, who tell her say dem no dey do at old age? Yeye. Na that time the thing good pass sef. wey you go dey fresh like morning fresh. lol.
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 2:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:

no no no chumpzypinky

yhu cant end up in nairaland like that
No yhu cant
please get a publisher yhu publish yhu novels

yhu jux to much..
and the connections in this story........GOSH!!!
if yhu continue like this dem go dey read yhur novel for JAMB wink...

yhu will Be Like this like of wole, amanda, and achebe

please please please get a publisher

ah jux wish ah could help yhu angry angry

Meanwhile

ah still wonder why dike like Dora the most wen she seems to be the most annoying angry , irritating angry , manipulating undecided ,and
jealous wife among all his wifes...
am nat understanding yhu oo DIKE??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by charytea(f): 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:

oh. I'm so sorry for not replying ur comment. Sometimes i find it tiring, replying everyone's comment. But that doesnt make it any less important.
And so sorry for the hotweather...why not take the next available flight to Asaba, i'll take care of all the fees. At least my hubby TheBlessedMAN is ever capable...
Tnk 4 replying, shows u av ur fans at heart. Lols, u re doing onlyn marriage ehn? I wil tel hub..
Re: Tradition - A Story by Maryclaire1(f): 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hadampson:
i celebrate with u dear happy birthday wishing u all d best in life..u share d same birthday with someone close to me.have massive fun.
Re: Tradition - A Story by rosalieene(f): 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
I wonder what Mia is up to..
Re: Tradition - A Story by holufunmie(f): 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
Mia is not really to be blame for everything she is doing but I tink she went too far wen she tried to have ha mum and only sis killed,I really love 1qq1shivani's part everything she is doing is to make ha mum happy at the cost of ha own happiness..Freda is going too far with the way she is treating mia she doesn't deserve to be called a mother,,I know she doesn't want mia to marry dike because she is not sure of Mia's parentage(whether she is the daughter of ha late husband or igwe), I also know dat she feels guilty dat she cheated on ha late husband and a part of love of ha loves mia but she is treating ha dat way so dat she will feel less guilty about the whole thing,,just my own opinion,,I must say u are really a gr8 job,,thumbs much ink to ur pen and m expecting more updates from u

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Twinkle004(f): 3:49pm On Mar 23, 2017
I just hope Mia won't do anything she will regret in the nearest future. I see Shiv and Dike falling in love. Queen Nogzi is really a nagging wife which is bad for every relationship, that nagging can cause a premature death to men. Dora is always passing her boundary oooo. Chumzypinky warn her.
Chumzypinky hope the soldier is kicking and how is family. Well done
Re: Tradition - A Story by Twinkle004(f): 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
I just hope Mia won't do anything she will regret in the nearest future. I see Shiv and Dike falling in love. Queen Nogzi is really a nagging wife which is bad for every relationship, that nagging can cause a premature death to men. Dora is always passing her boundary oooo. Chumzypinky warn her.
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
Twinkle004:
I see Shiv and Dike falling in love.

lol we all know that naw cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
talk2saintify:

no no no chumpzypinky

yhu cant end up in nairaland like that
No yhu cant
please get a publisher yhu publish yhu novels

yhu jux to much..
and the connections in this story........GOSH!!!
if yhu continue like this dem go dey read yhur novel for JAMB wink...

yhu will Be Like this like of wole, amanda, and achebe

please please please get a publisher

ah jux wish ah could help yhu angry angry

Meanwhile

ah still wonder why dike like Dora the most wen she seems to be the most annoying angry , irritating angry , manipulating undecided ,and
jealous wife among all his wifes...
am nat understanding yhu oo DIKE??
hahahahaha. I will dear. Thanks.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2017
talk2saintify:

lol we all know that naw cheesy
hahahaha, funny but true
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
Twinkle004:
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
Twinkle004:
your soldieress is kicking oo. We thank God

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2017
charytea:
Tnk 4 replying, shows u av ur fans at heart. Lols, u re doing onlyn marriage ehn? I wil tel hub..
hahahahaha. Please dont oo. I value my husband (real one) than online one oo
Re: Tradition - A Story by adebriana(f): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2017
Wonderful updates as usual. Those people justifying Mia's actions, I know she's broken and her mom is really terrible, but that doesn't justify attempted murder. I actually felt bad for her, but for someone to be willing to kill her only family, especially her sister who really loves her, then she's actually wicked. Many people grow up in broken homes, with terrible and abusive parents but still turned out well. For Dora, she's just annoying, Dike should caution her soon. Shivani is amazing and selfless but giving up your own happiness is too much abeg, she'll be rewarded soon though, hopefully she'll be happy with Dike. Chinny is my favourite character, a true friend, no nonsense lady. Freda is just something else; she's betraying her friend, stole from her and is also a terrible mother. The igwe self has problems, na old woman dey give am joy. Thumbs up ma'am

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
adebriana:
Wonderful updates as usual. Those people justifying Mia's actions, I know she's broken and her mom is really terrible, but that doesn't justify attempted murder. I actually felt bad for her, but for someone to be willing to kill her only family, especially her sister who really loves her, then she's actually wicked. Many people grow up in broken homes, with terrible and abusive parents but still turned out well. For Dora, she's just annoying, Dike should caution her soon. Shivani is amazing and selfless but giving up your own happiness is too much abeg, she'll be rewarded soon though, hopefully she'll be happy with Dike. Chinny is my favourite character, a true friend, no nonsense lady. Freda is just something else; she's betraying her friend, stole from her and is also a terrible mother. The igwe self has problems, na old woman dey give am joy. Thumbs up ma'am
hahaha. I love this
Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:

as in eh...no be small cold. The rain reach ur side too?

No be small tin oo I jazz hug ma pillow since bimberry1307 is not around

1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by TheBlessedMAN: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
There are some characters in this story that have passed their boundary.. Buh, make i still they watch.. Maybe they will change. And if they don't, then work don land 4 Shango be that.. Chumzy wife, ur head dey dia. No shaking..
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
Tradition...
'Dike you're back so early' Dora rose up on seeing him.

'yeah. I'm here to pick up somethings. I'm leaving for Abuja, a very important meeting' he said already climbing the stairs.

'alright. Should i help you pack?'

He stopped and turned flashing her a smile 'no dont worry. I'll be fine'

And with that he took the stairs two at a time. He entered his room, opened the wardrobe, brought out a big ecolac box and began throwing some clothes into it.
He stopped when he noticed a presence behind him. He turned and beheld Shiv.

She was clad in yellow shorts and a white singlet. He felt desire well up in him. She was hot.

'hi' She said trying to force a smile 'i never expected you to be home by this time'

'uh...yes. I came to pick up something. I'm travelling to Abuja for a business meeting'

'oh. Okay. I saw your room open and i decided to check. And...maybe say thank you for this morning. If it hadnt been for you, only God knows where i would have been admitted' She let out a nervous chuckle.

He was tempted to smile but he quickly returned to his packing 'you're welcome'

Shiv saw him fiddling with clothes, shoes and wristwatches 'uhm, do you need help?'

'uhm yes please. Just help me place this files here...' he pointed to a section of the ecolac box 'while i visit the bathroom for a moment'

'okay no problem' She proceeded to help him with the arrangement. He entered the bathroom.

Dora whistled as she walked along the hallway. Then she stopped when she saw Dike's room open. She decided to surprise him by walking in and tickling him from behind. Dike hated to be tickled. She giggled at the imagination of how his face was going to be like.

She tiptoed into the room but stopped when she sighted Shivani. She stood front of Dike's bed in just casual shorts and a small singlet. Was she out for seduction?
When she tiptoed closer, she noticed Shiv was packing some of Dike's things into the ecolac. She paused and frowned. She clearly remembered asking Dike if he needed help but he turned her down. And Shiv...?

She cleared her throat.

Shiv turned around, a smile plastered on her cute angellic face 'hi Do....'

She didnt let her finish 'what are you doing here in Dike's room?'

'i was just helping him pa...'

'did he ask for your help?' She interrupted again.

'yes he did. I offered to help and he agreed'

'get out of this room now!'

'what?'

'you heard me!'

'Dora whats that?' Dike asked coming out of the bathroom 'why are you asking her to leave my room?'

'Dike...'

'i've noticed the way you treat Shivani. And i dont like it. You always taunt her at ever single opportunity you get and that should stop this instant! You have no right to walk her out of my room, no right at all'

Dora flinched 'oh! So now you're shouting at me because of this girl now eh? Everyone's having problems with me simply because of this girl!' She eyed Shiv contemptously 'imagine the nonsense! Dike, she shouldnt be here, in your room. The others hardly enter your room especially when you're around. Why will this girl be allowed into your room even to the extent of touching your things huh?'

'Dora leave my room this instant'

'i was...' then she paused, the realization of what he had said crashing on her 'what did you say?'

'he said you should leave his room' She turned to see Chinny standing by the door. She sighed. Not Chinny again.

'how do you always manage to turn up during trouble?' Dora sighed.

'immediately i heard your voice downstairs, and i didnt see Shiv around, i knew you were displaying your madness again. Come here. Your own don too much' She grabbed Dora's hair and yanked her out of the room. Dora threw punches and slaps in the air as she was being dragged out.

Chinny quickly closed the door behind them.

Dike sighed 'i'm sorry about that. I dont know whats wrong with Dora' he apologised.

She nodded 'no problem. I dont know why she doesnt like me though. I try to please her...'

'why do you always try pleasing everyone at the expense of your own happiness?' his gaze bore into her hers and she quickly looked away.

'i'll just help you pack' She proceeded to continue with the packing.

He reached for her left hand and quickly let go of it as though some sort of electricity had surged through him. From the look in her eyes, it was obvious she felt it too.

'sorry...'
'sorry...'
They both chorused. Then she smiled. Her smile was contagious and he found himself smiling as well.

'its okay you can leave now. Thanks for helping out' he said softly.

'you're welcome' She flashed him another bright smile before leaving the room.

He released a breath he never knew he was holding.

TBC

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 7:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
There are some characters in this story that have passed their boundary.. Buh, make i still they watch.. Maybe they will change. And if they don't, then work don land 4 Shango be that.. Chumzy wife, ur head dey dia. No shaking..
lol. I always look forward to your comments without knowing
Re: Tradition - A Story by ztarlord(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
Love in the air.... Good work ma'am
Re: Tradition - A Story by Hadampson(m): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
Adesina12:

Happy birthday bro.
wish you long life and properity
Tanchu brosmiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.