Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,220 members, 7,934,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:15 PM

Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church (815 Views)

Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / I Don't Fall When Touched By My Church Pastor For Annoting / Why Do Married Folk See A Pastor For Every Little Disagreement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by REALTRUTH1: 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2009
By Cyriacus Izuekwe

Two pastors of a new generation church in Lagos have been arrested by the police and charged to court for allegedly kidnapping their colleague.

The two pastors, Godwin Adiele, 39 and Joseph Atoyebi, 51 of Anointed Word Ministries, Lagos were alleged to have kidnapped Pastor Chidi Ebube for leaving the church “after knowing too much.”

The victim was abducted along Igando Road and imprisoned at Pastor Adiele’s residence at 1, Bishop Godwin Adiele Crescent, Powerline, Isheri-Idimu, Lagos for three days.

Narrating his odeal to P.M.News, the victim said he joined the church, thinking that the mode of worship and the doctrine was in line with the teaching of Jesus Christ, but he discovered that the church was into rituals and he did not like.

He explained that he told the wife of the General Overseer, Pastor Adiele, what he discovered and decided to leave them quietly. But they kidnapped him and compelled him to take an oath not to disclose what he had seen and learnt about the church.

He was, however, lucky as he escaped from where he was chained and ran to the Igando Police Station where he reported the incident.

The police arrested Pastors Godwin and Joseph Atoyebi who reside at Plot 80, Collins Elebede Avenue, Lari Bus Stop, Igando new town estate and charged them with kidnapping and stealing at the Ejigbo Magistrate’s Court.

The police accused the two pastors of conspiring and unlawfully imprisoning the victim.

The second charge accused them of tying the hands and legs of the victim with an iron chain, beating and macheting him all over his body to compel him enter into an undertaking.

The offence is contrary to sections 355, 365 and 390 of the Criminal Code, Cap.17, Vol. 2, Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2003.

They pleaded not guilty to the five-count charge and the magistrate, Mrs. Maimunat Folami granted them bail in the sum of N100,000 with two responsible sureties.

The court ordered that one of the sureties must be a blood relation and another a religious leader. They must also show evidence of payment of tax.

The matter has been adjourned till 28 December, 2009.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/12/15/pastors-kidnap-pastor-for-quitting-church
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by REALTRUTH1: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
Judge not my annointed and do my prophet no harm,,,,
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by I: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2009
Pastor Kidnap Pastor cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by REALTRUTH1: 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2009
I:

Pastor Kidnap Pastor cheesy cheesy

Na so we am ooo,,,,,that makes Naija the head quater of kidnappers
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by snowdrops(m): 7:07pm On Dec 15, 2009
typical tabloid gossip
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by afiq(m): 1:49am On Dec 16, 2009
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by mamagee3(f): 2:32am On Dec 16, 2009
This is hilarious!!! grin grin
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by jice(m): 8:04am On Dec 16, 2009
Not all who call me Lord! Lord willl enter the kingdom of my father.

We are in the last days. LET'S NOT EXPECT MUCH BETTER THAN THIS but watch and pray that we follow minister for belly to their destination.

Praise the Lord
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by timmy7(m): 11:54am On Dec 16, 2009
Another kunnu from . smiley
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by jice(m): 11:56am On Dec 16, 2009
Timmy, why Kunnu and not paraga?

Abi you be Pastor?
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by timmy7(m): 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2009
Yea, grin you are right paraga is a better word hence,it can intoxicate the poster to quote from -the most unreliable news source,they could be right this time though but, am not counting on it. Btw I am not a pastor. smiley
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by Whymee: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
Christianic sorry satanic sect.
Re: Pastors Kidnap Pastor For Quitting Church by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
And Christians will come here and shout nonsense.. foolish people... go to church every Sunday for grace to commit sin....

(1) (Reply)

"why Do I Feel As I Do About My Religion?" / Waiting On God / Mermaid Found After Tsunami (with Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.