Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,746 members, 7,889,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? (8843 Views)

Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? / Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by segedoo(m): 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2006
yes.
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by Wandungu(m): 4:49am On Nov 05, 2006
I was there when my son was born, infact the Doctor asked me to hold the left thigh which I did, it was an easy birth, she only pushed four times and he was out, then I cut the cord, quite an exxxperience! mixxed feelings of joy and sadness, You go guys! Go in there don't mind what she says be there! wink
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by dominobaby(f): 7:08pm On Nov 05, 2006
That was nice wandungun.
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by feelgood(m): 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2006
Went in there while she was in labour for the second kid - 12 years ago. Couldn't stand her pains.
Ran as fast as my legs could carry me out of the theatre. That made up my mind. No more kids. Been grateful
to God for keeping her during that period and to her for bearing that pain for both of us.

Have a great respect for ladies - especially mothers - ever since. They are a strong lot. Men who maltreat women
either have not 'experienced' what they go thru or a loonie or both.

3 gbosas to our women,
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by Shentz(f): 8:12pm On Nov 10, 2006
I want ma baby daddy // husband to be there i aint pushing alone without any close person beside me
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2006
he must be there with me ohh grin so i can do the pinching when am trying to push,lol. grin
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by frankiriri(m): 1:05am On Jan 30, 2007
I would love to be there
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by rowlandwhy: 6:52pm On May 31, 2007
It will be good for your hubby to be there to make you feel Hot as you as going thrugh the pains, thereby reducing the intensity of the whole pains.
LOL grin
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by Soundmind(m): 11:29am On Jan 28, 2008
yes, i will.
She went in with me, she will come out with me.
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by dgb4(m): 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2008
Soundmind:

yes, i will.
She went in with me, she will come out with me.
if you get that mind nah!!
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by amsky(m): 12:40pm On Jan 28, 2008
It is very necessary.my hubby was with me during my two births.the second one was traumatic shocked shocked. He thought i was going to die.

It brings you closer to your wife.he cut the cord,and felt like a doctor afterward.it was caught on tape too. smiley
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by metodman(m): 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2008
There was a time when i use to think i will be with my woman in the labour room but not anymore, i have taken a pregnant woman from home to hospital in this southy, It was something else, eeven in the car, i just managed to stay focused that night driving. These women are facing hell when they labouring
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by adeboo(f): 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2008
Yes i would love ma husband to be there.
But if it will be real stressful for him, then he is excused cause i dont want him being traumatized for life cause i dont want him going off sex - cause i like ma thing too much.
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by furlee(m): 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2008
This is a thoughtful topic. I love the initiative.

I am a father of three (two boys, one girl).

I was there with my wife during labour for the three of them.

My Experience

Firstborn - Strenuous long hours. She almost broke my neck while tightening my cloth whenever the pain becomes unbearable. Thank God she delivered safely. Though my son later revenged by holding her neck while breastfeeding cheesy cheesy

Second born - fairly easy though with pains, I was there and it was over in few hours. However, this child is the most troublesome wink wink of my children grin grin maybe he retaliates for not giving much trouble during birth

Third born - Haa, my wife almost broke my wrist. It was veeeery painful. Later I was told that being a girl maybe she is preparing a lot of packages for her trip to the world grin grin. Se twisted my wrist so much that I felt the pain few days after the delivery.

Lessons I learned

It is good for the man to be there for your wife. It is a good moral and psychological support for your wife. Do it if you are available. Wives are to be appreciated and they will be more if you understand the pains they go through.

We are planning and hoping to put a fullstop grin grin grin.

[size=14pt]FULLSTOP. PERIOD .[/size]
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by omena555(f): 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2008
since we're going to be doing every[i]thing[/i] together, giving birth shdnt be an exception.

he definately has to be there oh! grin
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by lusciouss(f): 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2008
My hubby was right there with me during labour and delivery of both of sons, it was such an emotional day

We feel even closer to each other after the experience.
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by didiomos: 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2008
i will really be pleased to see him there, so that we can go through it together. i will like to scream in pain looking at his eyes, seeing him feeling sorry for me and appriciating me more for my courage and ofcourse appriciating him mom more.
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by Seun(m): 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2008
Courage? What courage? Courage to do what every female mammal on earth can do?
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by Cadet(f): 4:35pm On Apr 13, 2008
@post
I'll much more prefer it if my Husband is in the labor room with me. Let him see the pain! Let him feel the curses I'll rain on him. Let him feel my love and how happy I am to go through the pain to bear our child. I'll much more prefer him to be there, after my mom, of course grin
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by joycee87: 11:04pm On Apr 13, 2008
he has to be there to see d pains he inflicted upon me sad sad and also receive slaps for inflicting it cool
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by MrPataki1: 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2008
Yeah I have to be there. I must see wonders with my eyes. cheesy cheesy
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by manchester(f): 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2008
mi hussy has to be there, afterall he put it in while on b, d grin so while on bed deliverin his effort he should be there. cool
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by nossycheek(f): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2008
Seun:

Courage? What courage? Courage to do what every female mammal on earth can do?

What a nasty remark to make!
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by nossycheek(f): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2008
I wanted my husband to be present during the birth of my 3rd baby but the nurse refused. But with God by my side, I scaled through and will continue to scale through in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by yinkuso08: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2008
My husband was there during the birth of both our children. We actually became even closer with the birth of our first child. Even though he couldn't handle seeing me in pain, he wanted to be there with me and at least experience a little bit of it. We laughed through the low times (no contractions) and screamed together during contraction. I heard some women actually cuss at their husbands during this time, but our's was nothing but encouragement (from him) and eagerness to see our son who is now 4 years old.

When I talk about it now, he can talk about it too because he was there. He even took some pics which we only share with each other. If I were a man though, I don't think I would be able to stand it. Especially knowing that I cannot help the person in pain.
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2008
@topic

my husband was there only wen i had my first child,and swore i'll never have another child after dat one,because he tot the pains was too much,and he swore never to be present again,(dat is if i decide i want another child) cos he cant take d slaps and insults i threw at him,i was told i reigned insults on him,but i dont remember doing such
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2008
Yep, I'll love for him to be there cool
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by bluehorizo(m): 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2008
Yes i'll love to be there.
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by spoilt(f): 9:44pm On Apr 20, 2008
nossycheek:

I wanted my husband to be present during the birth of my 3rd baby but the nurse refused. But with God by my side, I scaled through and will continue to scale through in Jesus name, Amen

i find it strange that men are still refused entry to delivery rooms in nigeria. where else is he supposed to be while wifey travails abeg? 
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by Swissess(f): 7:33am On May 06, 2009
very interesting topic!

long before I was pregnant I discussed the matter with my husband and one of his close friends (a father of four).
they just laughed at me and said both that a man hasn't lost anything in a ward and that it's a woman's thing.
I was very upset that day and cried because I couldn't believe that my husband would leave me alone in such a difficult moment!

later I decided to leave it up to him. because I think you cannot force a man to go through this if he's not ready to. I've heard of men who could not sleep with their wife anymore after seeing them giving birth,

when I actually gave birth, my husband was abroad and missed the whole thing. my mother and a very close friend of mine were there. and two midwives. it was just the perfect setting, only women, very peacefull, I liked it that way and I think if I ever give birth again, I don't need any man there. grin grin although I would like him to be around during labour because it takes very long at times. but as soon as the bloody part starts he can go out and have a beer. wink
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by sholavick(f): 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2012
[/color]"It's good if one's hubby is there,in order for them to appreciate the woman when they eventually see what we go thru and not turn us into punching bags at home". This was quoted by the chief of matron of the general hospital where I had my first baby. My hubby was there when we had our first baby and he was helpful from the beginning to the end of my labor. He appreciated me more, knowing it wasn't easy with all the pains.[color=#770077]
Re: Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? by toygod2: 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2012
yes,i might

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Gay Wants To Commit Suicide. Advice Him / Pls Where Is Edo State Liason Office Located In Lagos? / Nigerian Men Have Failed Their Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.