Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,972 members, 7,890,195 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:52 AM

Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? (8074 Views)

Guys Please Dont Kill Yourself For Any Woman(fact) / Uncircumsed Ladies And Sex..truth Or Myth / Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by chiogo(f): 4:32am On Dec 28, 2009
Awww, lololol tongue
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by TOPE20001(f): 4:35am On Dec 28, 2009
Awww, that was a cute story
shame the babe was a f.cuk up grin tongue

@post
it def a myth
but there are some angry ones, its like they are born angry undecided cheesy
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by oyinda3(f): 4:36am On Dec 28, 2009
it's definitely a myth.

but in general though, black women tend to be honest abt their feelings. From experience dealing with black and white women, the black women will tell u to your face if they have problems with u. or at least their body language will show it. white women on the other hand will smile to your face, usually fake smiles, even if they don't like u!! and  then they'll go off to gossip with her "friends" about u. I put friends in quotation because they're not really close friends. they gossip about each other too n can be very catty in a sarcastic way!! everything is just too fake and superficial with them. Most people (foreginers etc ) share the same sentiments to me about their fakeness.

speaking from experience so I agree with those who say it's honesty confused for anger.

but then again i guess u do a a roman while in rome. When around americans, i always put on my fake smiles as well. most AA women will never do that. if they are pissed at u, u will know for sure!!! lol even though it reflects badly on them. brave women i must say.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by THEAMAKA1: 9:37am On Dec 28, 2009
@ OYINDA, you are so right.
where we live its a very mixed environment but my sis schools where its mostly whites and thats how it is.
they have fake petty drama and everyone is so fake!! if a black girl doesnt like you, she will most likely let it be known. over there they do pass fake smiles and pretend to like someone just to use them and all kinds of shizz.
its just that white women are more discreet about it and a black girl doesn't give a damn and she will let it be known. lol
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Mannylex(m): 10:02am On Dec 28, 2009
@THE.AMAKA, yep u 100% correct, white ladies re just 2 fake,but our black ladies wil tell u to ur face the way they feel
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Mannylex(m): 10:13am On Dec 28, 2009
@topic,it's definitely a myth, being blunt, doesn't mean being "temperamental", though few black women re temperamental.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by N101: 11:16am On Dec 28, 2009
@ poster

It's a myth.  For you to know a lot of angry black women it would be interesting to know the kind of people you know and what you translate as "angry".  When a woman says she has problems with other women it says a lot to me about that woman.

I have met women accused of being angry when in fact they are either drama queens or very animated, but not angry.  Just because a woman raises her voice doesn't make her angry, it is a stereotype.  This isn't limited to African American women either, I have seen loads of African and Caribbean women do the same thing, most of the time they are just gisting. 

Black people by nature are highly expressive and emotive and blunt when they relate to others, though it can be over-the-top sometimes.  When they aren't gisting they are being overly dramatic - how you choose to deal with them will determine whether they will truly become angry or not. 

Loud black woman?  Yes.  Angry black woman?  No.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by ruskiee(m): 11:31am On Dec 28, 2009
Different strokes.
Different folks.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by oyinda3(f): 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2009
N101:

@ poster

It's a myth.  For you to know a lot of angry black women it would be interesting to know the kind of people you know and what you translate as "angry".  When a woman says she has problems with other women it says a lot to me about that woman.

I have met women accused of being angry when in fact they are either drama queens or very animated, but not angry.  Just because a woman raises her voice doesn't make her angry, it is a stereotype.  This isn't limited to African American women either, I have seen loads of African and Caribbean women do the same thing, most of the time they are just gisting. 

Black people by nature are highly expressive and emotive and blunt when they relate to others, though it can be over-the-top sometimes.  When they aren't gisting they are being overly dramatic - how you choose to deal with them will determine whether they will truly become angry or not. 

yeah you got it. especially the highlighted part
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by eldee(m): 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2009
N101:

We are black people too, so we understand when a woman is angry.
The 'loud' explanation is only needed for people that are not black or hasn't spent enough time with black people.
You said black people are generally loud, meaning we're used to it already.
So I'm afraid . . . that explanation doesn't suffice.

'Black people are highly expressive and blunt'?? Highly expressive is saying everything you think, angry is saying only when you think sumn is bad. You see the difference??

Now are black women angry . . . I feel they're just easily threatened.
Hence seeing the need to bring out the confrontational aspect of their personality all the time.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2009
Latina women are also stereotyped as being fiery.  I wish people would just take to people on an individual basis life would be a whole lot better.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by THEAMAKA1: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2009
yes i think we are just loud, doesn't really mean we are angry.
my mom is guilty of this and sooooooooooooooooooo many other Nigerians are guilty of this too.
they are SOOOOOOOO EFFING LOUD when talking on the phone, especially when calling back home.
doesn't mean they are angry, they are just loud. grin
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by eldee(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Latina women are also stereotyped as being fiery.  I wish people would just take to people on an individual basis life would be a whole lot better.

There are traits that are quite common in some ethnic groups.
Various things from our backgrounds shape the way we act.

Every set of people have some traits they share . . . that's why they can manage to live together.
Some of these traits are so widespread, the ones that don't have em are exceptions.

Looking at everyone individually is just a waste of time cus we'll end up with differences that are not necessary.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Sagamite(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2009
I don't know if you guys outside the UK can access this, I pray you do. This is the "honest" behaviour of black women that is very very unattractive.

A higher proportion of black women, i.e. not all black women and not majority, than women of other races demonstrate the behaviours this woman demonstrated in this programme. I found her completely repugnant.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/come-dine-with-me-extra-portions/4od#3016706
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by chiogo(f): 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2009
^ Couldn't watch the video after I clicked on the play button. Says it's not available in my area. sad
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by mamagee3(f): 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2009
Why the hate on Black Women? angry
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Sagamite(m): 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2009
chiogo:

^ Couldn't watch the video after I clicked on the play button. Says it's not available in my area.  sad

OK, I got a version on youtube, I hope it works for you. This is a programme on a UK channel and, for some reason, normally they block people outside the UK from watching programmes.

I really don't know why, but if I was to make a commercial guess, it must be because they are leaving a chance to sell the rights to broadcasters in other countries in future and don't want to diminish the value. That is just a "thinking on your feet" guessing, I really don't know the fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWOWgRPy--I
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by chiogo(f): 8:29pm On Dec 28, 2009
Ah, the Youtube one is also blocked. Na wa!
Would've loved to watch it though.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
wow this ugly fat woman is what u guys are using as a bench mark as black women in the UK. well i can see that al the men here have interviewed and analysed every single black women in the UK to base their silly opinions on.

where do u men who have the reputation of chop and drop get off,  i'm so fed up of seeing mixed race kids on TV with no father - is that a good thing to be known for, before u all say its jamo men please plenty of nigerian men years ago got women pregnant and leave them to go and marry another woman in nigeria.

most of my black friends are not like the women u people are discribing here so i laugh, granted there are plenty of black women like this but does everyone label all white women to be like kerry kotana or jordan? if we are so bad then barack obama would have dropped michelle years ago.

as for us being gold diggers - the last time i checked the clubs that footballers frequent most of the hungry jobless gold diggers had blonde hair and i don't mean blonde weave on a black woman.

all u men insulting us are born of white women right/
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Sagamite(m): 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2009
ronniq:

wow this ugly fat woman is what u guys are using as a bench mark as black women in the UK. well i can see that al the men here have interviewed and analysed every single black women in the UK to base their silly opinions on.

Too many black women behave like her.

ronniq:

where do u men who have the reputation of chop and drop get off,  i'm so fed up of seeing mixed race kids on TV with no father - is that a good thing to be known for, before u all say its jamo men please plenty of nigerian men years ago got women pregnant and leave them to go and marry another woman in nigeria.

most of my black friends are not like the women u people are discribing here so i laugh, granted there are plenty of black women like this but does everyone label all white women to be like kerry kotana or jordan? if we are so bad then barack obama would have dropped michelle years ago.

as for us being gold diggers - the last time i checked the clubs that footballers frequent most of the hungry jobless gold diggers had blonde hair and i don't mean blonde weave on a black woman.

all u men insulting us are born of white women right/

My friend, open another thread if you want to discuss something different.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
sagamite they say silence is the best answer to foolishness so i will not even attempt to disagree or try to explain why u are wrong.

if the black women u know are like this move out of the ghetto.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Sagamite(m): 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
ronniq:

sagamite they say silence is the best answer to foolishness so i will not even attempt to disagree or try to explain why u are wrong.

if the black women u know are like this move out of the ghetto.

[If you insist, then I will give you the answer you want, here it is]

*silence*
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by mailia: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2009
OK too many responses to quote but the fact is -
This thread is worrying to say the least. Black Men need to be sensible if they want to continue to exist. whatever the Black woman's demeanor loud, fat,  she needs to be respected if you & your sons & daughters wish to survive because without the black woman there will be no more  "Black Man" a European woman cannot produce you neither can a Latino or an Asian.

Be sensible & understand that there are many personalites and many qualites of women within your race & if you meet one that you can not handle or simply doesn't suit you tip your hat and move onto to one that will.

I realise that self hating is & can be a symptom of a black man trying to fit /live within a Western mind set. But more importantly you has a black man need to realise this & recognise that  hating on your female counterpart is a sad reflection.

I visit a lot of forums because I've got friends from all over the world - & I have yet to come across a forum that slates  the females of their race in such a negative way. No matter what their Mentality or Short comings.
Is it any wonder that  African/Caribbean women are  now not only dating but Marrying , & having children with Men from different Racial backgrounds . How can they not? when they are judged so bitterly by the very men they were born to look up to.

Black Men / African Man get a grip on your selves. I'd like to see a thread  asking  suggestions on "How can we begin to love and appreciate  each other"  aimmed at black  male & female in the diaspora -  right from the ghetto - up to the top notch. we are ultimately a strong & positive race of people lets not forget!
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by oyinda3(f): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2009
@maila, this is one of such topics. the useless naija guy even went as far as calling us naija girls primitive and pasting pictures of gorillas. what difference is there now between this and stormfront or KKK website?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371163.0.html

@sagamite, u really do need to move out of the ghetto if that's your idea of what a typical black lady is. undecided
can you tell us about the typical black man also? so we can make some comparison?
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Sagamite(m): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
oyinda.:

@sagamite, u really do need to move out of the ghetto if that's your idea of what a typical black lady is.  undecided
can you tell us about the typical black man also? so we can make some comparison?

Read my Ingliss carefully before attributing assertions to me.

When I say:

"A higher proportion of black women, i.e. not all black women and not majority"

How can it then imply that this is my idea of a "typical" black woman?

And I do love the ghetto, so I aint leaving. I can't go uptown, they love me in the streets.

Just to indulge you but not to derail the thread, I think a lot of black men are daft, irresponsible, immature, low-brained, inconsiderate, need a slap across the face, unambitious, failures with too many excuses.

Are you happy now or do you want me to get Sauron to give you something?
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2009
the useless naija guy even went as far as calling us naija girls primitive and pasting pictures of gorillas. what difference is there now between this and stormfront or KKK website?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371163.0.html

is it so much his fault as that of the admin and site moderators who refuse to delete certain posts while hyperventilating over others?
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by oyinda3(f): 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2009
Sagamite:

Read my Ingliss carefully before attributing assertions to me.

When I say:

"A higher proportion of black women, i.e. not all black women and not majority"

How can it then imply that this is my idea of a "typical" black woman?

And I do love the ghetto, so I aint leaving. I can't go uptown, they love me in the streets.

Just to indulge you but not to derail the thread, I think a lot of black men are daft, irresponsible, immature, low-brained, inconsiderate, need a slap across the face, unambitious, failures with too many excuses.

Are you happy now or do you want me to get Sauron to give you something?

i understand what u mean now. I agree. tongue
u mean a higher proportion compared to whites and asians etc?
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2009
Sagamite:

Fook me shocked I never thought I would see the day that a "MAN" would admit that we have some goon-headed Nugors shocked shocked Somebody needs to wake me up grin grin
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by oyinda3(f): 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
Nugors? shocked dat's new.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 29, 2009
Hahahaha just a different spelling grin grin
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Sagamite(m): 12:10am On Dec 30, 2009
oyinda.:

i understand what u mean now. I agree.  tongue
u mean a higher proportion compared to whites and asians etc?

Yes, compared to races I have been exposed to: Whites, Indians and Orientals.

I don't know how Latino and Arab women might be. But I seriously doubt higher proportion of Arab women would have the same demeanor.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by redsky1: 12:16am On Dec 30, 2009
why do u men treat us differently, i have had many a naija man tell me that if i was white he would not try some of the shit he does.

so maybe if u treated us better we wouldn't be angry (that's if we actually are) u see these men doing all sorts for a white woman but then will sit their lazy backside at home expecting their naija woman to serve them from morning till twilight.

anyway I'm fed up of these self haters - i know u men are talking about ur own mothers b4 u are referring to the rest of the black female population. or do u all have white mothers - KMT in laughter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Very Funny Relationship Experience ManMen / South Africans Are Truly Obsessed With Nigerians, Here's the Proof. / Please How Do I Break Up With Her ? Her Kitty-Cat Is Too Watery - Guy Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.