Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,964 members, 7,890,178 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:29 AM

Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? (8072 Views)

Guys Please Dont Kill Yourself For Any Woman(fact) / Uncircumsed Ladies And Sex..truth Or Myth / Pretty Girls Don't Get Asked Out...true Or Myth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 30, 2009
redsky1:

why do u men treat us differently, i have had many a naija man tell me that if i was white he would not try some of the poo he does.

so maybe if u treated us better we wouldn't be angry (that's if we actually are) u see these men doing all sorts for a white woman but then will sit their lazy backside at home expecting their naija woman to serve them from morning till twilight.

anyway I'm fed up of these self haters - i know u men are talking about your own mothers b4 u are referring to the rest of the black female population. or do u all have white mothers - KMT in laughter

I witnessed something on the train the other day. This black guy and his ytie wife were in the train with their kids and the woman treated him like shit and called him names as well, she also made him push the buggie that the kid was on and I looked on with a smile in my face thinking I know this man would probably slap the woman if she were black. The guy probably thought yties were pushovers well he got the shock of his life grin
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 30, 2009
Is there any naija lady who dosn't feel the urge to hit her man when she's extremely angry
or
pour a drink on him when she catches him dining with another??
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by redsky1: 12:41am On Dec 30, 2009
adolfe bad:

Is there any naija lady who dosn't feel the urge to hit her man when she's extremely angry
or
pour a drink on him when she catches him dining with another??

yes i do, but don't women from other races do this.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 30, 2009
Yes they do
only wanted you to be on the defensive
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 30, 2009
redsky1:

yes i do, but don't women from other races do this.
Tiger Woods wife beat his arse
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by redsky1: 12:51am On Dec 30, 2009
my mum could not stop laughing at the tiger saga. found the article online a few weeks ago. maybe the men here will say her father was nigerian!!!!

Hell Hath No Fury Like a Swedish Ex-Model
Elin Nordegren Woods and the myth of the angry black woman.

[b]With just one swing of a golf club, Tiger Woods's wife, Elin, has shattered, or at least cracked, the stereotype of the angry and uncontrollable black woman. I, along with what I suspect to be countless other black women, would like to thank her. Not that I condone violence against anyone, but for far too many years black men—particularly successful, high-profile ones—have pointed to the unpredictable temperament of black women as one of the many reasons they so frequently choose to marry outside the race. A couple of weeks ago Elin Nordegren Woods showed them that the rage of a woman scorned knows no color.

Constant images of black females with their hands on their hips, eyes rolling and tongues lashing out at their partners (and anyone else in their way), are the norm on television shows, in movies, and even on 60-second television commercials. So prevalent is the notion of the angry black female that our current first lady was caricatured on the cover of The New Yorker with a menacing look and a black-power fist in the air. Needless to say, the idea of this type of in-your-face, over-the-top behavior from a woman is less than desirable to men of any color, but particularly African-American men—men who say they have enough to deal with from mainstream society and don't need more hassles from their better halves.

I can't count the conversations I've had over the years with men of color who were quick to offer detailed examples of black women on the rampage due to some injustice caused to them in a relationship. These women's actions, according to the men, were totally unacceptable no matter the offense or the pain inflicted. And, of course, just one or two incidents were enough to convince these men that all black women were the same and that white women, by contrast, were uniformly docile.

But now Elin Woods has put a very big hole in that already flawed theory. Though we may never know what exactly happened that fateful night in the Woods household, we do know the superstar golfer had been quite unfaithful to his wife and that she, like most women, was none too pleased about it. In fact, the golfer reportedly told a friend shortly after the incident that his wife had gone "ghetto'' on him. An interesting comment coming from someone who probably hasn't been anywhere near a ghetto, and another example of how prevalent the idea of black women as aggressors has become, even when the alleged attacker is a Swedish blonde. But Elin Woods had been humiliated and hurt by someone she loved and trusted. Those feelings don't always allow for calm, planned reactions, no matter how fair your skin or your sex.

The fact that we all have similar basic human emotions never seems to be taken into consideration by some African-American men when they list their reasons for looking outside their community for romance. (For the record, I'm all for interracial partnership as long as it's based on love, and not on some ill-conceived, made-up notion that skin color always denotes personality, attitude, and disposition.)

It's been far too easy for these men to use the emotional excuse to dismiss black women as potential partners, and it's time for it to stop. We live in a society where beauty is narrowly defined by European features—meaning long flowing hair, fair skin, and a lean figure. Black men, like everyone else, are constantly showered with those images and no doubt grow to believe that beauty is in essence the opposite of what they themselves look like. In a world that can easily make people of color feel less-than, having what mainstream society considers "the best of the best" on your arm goes a long way toward making men of color feel worthy.

I get that. I don't like it, but I get it. And I'd appreciate and respect the decision more if men were a little more honest about their reasons. Elin Woods may have turned out to be just as volatile as the stereotyped black woman that black men say they want to avoid, but she's also a blonde. If that's what men really want, why not just say it, and stop blaming black women for the breakdown of black-male/black-female relationships?

In the end, I do feel sorry for Tiger Woods, his wife, and his two children. No one should have to publicly deal with all the unpleasant details of their marriage being plastered on the front page every day. But among the many lessons to be learned here is an obvious and simple one that I hope men of color won't soon forget: you can't always judge a book by its cover. If you do, don't be surprised when that book one day comes at you with a 9-iron
[/b]
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 30, 2009
Thats a good read hun, im sure the coon Nugors will come up with a justification grin Like you Im all for interracial relationships but please dont exalt one race over the other. We too are bombarded with the ideal Male sex symbol(6ft tall white male with dark/blue eyes, dark/blond hair andwashboard abs)  but I dont see black females exalting the white man over black men.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Sagamite(m): 1:41am On Dec 30, 2009
redsky1:

why do u men treat us differently, i have had many a naija man tell me that if i was white he would not try some of the poo he does.

so maybe if u treated us better we wouldn't be angry (that's if we actually are) u see these men doing all sorts for a white woman but then will sit their lazy backside at home expecting their naija woman to serve them from morning till twilight.

anyway I'm fed up of these self haters - i know u men are talking about your own mothers b4 u are referring to the rest of the black female population. or do u all have white mothers - KMT in laughter

I don't know what you are talking about here.

My friends take a piss with the white girls I see them with. And this girls are more docile by far, except Italian chics.

They do all the stuff like laundry, cleaning, cooking etc like black women do.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by CILondon: 11:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
Have you read the article on our website called "So Much for Marrying White, Tiger".
It was written by one of our writers called Astute Female Observer - it deals with this very same topic - it is a funny article, will make you laugh.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by eldee(m): 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2009
Everyone knows Tiger Wood's case was an extreme.
A black chic is more likely to knock you out for cheating than a white chic.

It's happened so many times that it doesn't even make the news any more. grin grin

Mary J. Blige punched husband Kendu Isaacs in the face at her record release party at club M2 Tuesday night. The singer slugged Isaacs, drawing blood, after she thought he was flirting with a waitress. "She turned to him and was screaming, 'You're not going to ruin my night,' " our witness says. "They got up in each other's faces before someone tried to separate them, at which point she shoved the guy aside, pulled back and popped [Isaacs] in the face."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/blige_hauls_off_on_husband_o32W7IKFja08UXzRipJiHI#ixzz0bHriBWMM

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/blige_hauls_off_on_husband_o32W7IKFja08UXzRipJiHI
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by CILondon: 7:46pm On Jan 02, 2010
So you are saying, Black women are naturally more angrey then, are you?
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by CILondon: 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2010
Though now I think of it, I have met some loud angry black women in my day, lol
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by CILondon: 3:50am On Jan 06, 2010
but then you could say the same fo other colours too
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by beejaei: 4:25am On Jan 06, 2010
helll yeah, black women are angry, especially AA. And I know from directly interacting with them. They seem to be fighting the whole world. As for 9ja babes, apart from too much shakara and being generally WORWOR, they don't have the anger problem. Abi if person don see that kain 9ja poverty, wetin e go still dey angry for after surviving.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by SEFAGO(m): 4:30am On Jan 06, 2010
helll yeah, black women are angry, especially AA. And I know from directly interacting with them. They seem to be fighting the whole world. As for 9ja babes, apart from too much shakara and being generally WORWOR, they don't have the anger problem. Abi if person don see that kain 9ja poverty, wetin e go still dey angry for after surviving.

And people said the gospel was the absolute truth grin
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by beejaei: 6:17am On Jan 06, 2010
Lol @ SEFAGO grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks for the support, Bro.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 06, 2010
We too are bombarded with the ideal Male sex symbol(6ft tall white male with dark/blue eyes, dark/blond hair andwashboard abs)

ideal male sex symbol is actually the latino type, I should think. Latino/Middle eastern/mediterranean
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by H2O2: 6:30am On Jan 06, 2010
Lol i'm trying so hard to avoid bursting out in laughter
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by SEFAGO(m): 6:32am On Jan 06, 2010
ideal male sex symbol is actually the latino type, I should think.

Latino/Middle eastern/mediterranean

You must be joking.

Latino (Ideal cleaner)
Middle Easterner ( grin grin grin boom)
Mediterranean yeah maybe
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2010
^^ you never heard of the hot latino male stereotype?
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by SEFAGO(m): 6:47am On Jan 06, 2010
^^ you never heard of the hot latino male stereotype?
stop watching bad videos and go to church cry, i pity you

God loves you kiss
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 06, 2010
shocked shocked

na small pikin una be oh wink

This stereotype has been around for ages.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Latin%20Lover

http://hispanicfanatic./2009/02/14/we-love-to-love-you/

google "latin lover stereotype"

Don Juan is used synonymously for "womanizer", especially in Spanish slang

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Juan
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Approved1(f): 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2010
BLACK MEN are seen as the MOST SEXUALLY astout (African Mandigo)

followed by Latinos (Latino Lover)

and then Itallion (Italian Stallion)

the latter two are just watered down versions of the 1st.

REMEMBER - "BLACK BUCKS" were selected to "breed" strong slaves - and white mistresses often took them as lovers -

you need to watch the movie "Mandingo"
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by SEFAGO(m): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2010

that is one of the most racist de-humanizing films in the world. And you are directing people to watch it? What is next, mississippi burning?
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Approved1(f): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
^^^LOL - No- but I think it showed white attitude toward the sexual prowess of black men-- and mississippi burning was soooo horrible-- U can't watch a movie like that twice and live among white people-- it messes with your mind seriously--- shocked
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 07, 2010
Approved1:

BLACK MEN are seen as the MOST SEXUALLY astout (African Mandigo)

followed by Latinos (Latino Lover)

and then Itallion (Italian Stallion)

the latter two are just watered down versions of the 1st.

REMEMBER - "BLACK BUCKS" were selected to "breed" strong slaves - and white mistresses often took them as lovers -

Italians are included in "Latin lover"

what about the movie Mandingo?

true, during slavery times black males were used as studs. We really need go check the origin of this practice.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by CILondon: 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2010
stereotype on black women - to say that black women are angry
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by hackney(m): 12:10am On Jan 10, 2010
@poster

[size=40pt]ANGRY BLACK WOMAN - FACT!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

[size=20pt]A BLACK FEMALE SALES GIRL/CUSTOMER FACING STAFF OUT HERE IN THE WEST - YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!!![/size]
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by Sagamite(m): 12:19am On Jan 10, 2010
^^^ In that situation, not for me. They are always nice to me with a smile when serving me.
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by hackney(m): 12:23am On Jan 10, 2010
Ok oo!
I think they are rude and just plain disrruptive.
Some are downright nasty doggies
grin
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by H2O2: 12:25am On Jan 10, 2010
maniacal
Re: Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? by oyinda3(f): 1:23am On Jan 10, 2010
hackney:

Ok oo!
I think they are rude and just plain disrruptive.
Some are downright nasty doggies
grin

hackney, then ur probably very ugly looking

Sagamite:

^^^ In that situation, not for me. They are always nice to me with a smile when serving me.

sagamite, u must be really handsome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

There Are More Good Looking Nigerian Women Than Nigerian Men / Advice to d Ladies:Stop Being A Beaufiful Face With An Empty Head. / Chris Oyakhilome’s Ex Wife, Anita, Remarries, Changes Maiden Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.