Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,795 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:59 AM

The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode (30678 Views)

No Ethnic Group Can Beat The Fulani, The largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Bello / Are Hausa And Fulani The Same People? / Hausa/fulani The Richest And The Best Tribe In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by kolaish(m): 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
samesco:
u are just contradicting yourself!! Are u telling me that those hausa guys should be left alone even after touching a woman?? By the way do I need to tell you that none of those guys killed in southAfrica is from the north?? What does this imply?? Aggressors should not be accommodated, whether in Nigeria or outside Nigeria.... Hausa/fulani are plane aggressors and people like me will not wait for any God that refuse to intervene in Jos, Benue, southern Kaduna, and even Nasarawa to intervene before we defend ourselves.. And stop quoting me, u are already looking like an aggressors
Thank you and God bless. Have a nice day.
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by akigbemaru: 2:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ffk on emotional epistle.

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by skaramanga: 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
DPsalmist2:
This story smells of utter bullshyt.

And you are right. This is because FFK is usually under the influence.. see what is the cause of all his problems below

2 Likes

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by oluxy(m): 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
That Aregbe dt his tailor shotcut his trouser.

Hause men r good at molesting peeps wife n dt u cannot do to dia wives.

Dey dont even laff at u.

Let everyone learn to respect peoples home n not to want to take dominant of others peeps home.

Ife is not kwara
Ife are ever ready harden ready worriors.

FFK kudos

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by kolaish(m): 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
Timelezz:
Please, at what point did FFK lie?
On getting there instead of being received with sympathy and remorse the husband himself was viciously stabbed and almost lost his life. After that the Hausa Fulanis in Sabo went on the rampage killing many sons and daughters of Ile-Ife their host community and in the process they proceeded to behead a young Yoruba man and they paraded his head on a pole through the streets.

2 Likes

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by Sanchez01: 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
Occurstaem:

Please, can you expatiate on how the narrative is one-sided?

The crisis in Ile-Ife started when a group of Hausa Fulani men molested and physically abused a young Yoruba woman by the name of Kubura and almost killed her in the process. She went home covered in blood and when her husband, Akeem (a leading member of the NURWT in Ile-Ife) found out what she had been subjected to he went back to the Hausa-Fulani quarters (commonly known as Sabo) with her in tow to find out why she had been subjected to such barbaric treatment and who the perpetrators were. On getting there instead of being received with sympathy and remorse the husband himself was viciously stabbed and almost lost his life. After that the Hausa Fulanis in Sabo went on the rampage killing many sons and daughters of Ile-Ife their host community and in the process they proceeded to behead a young Yoruba man and they paraded his head on a pole through the streets.
From the above, he painted a picture of a people who molested a woman, stabbed her husband who went there to 'find out what his wife did' and immediately went ahead killing Yoruba sons and daughters. All these without aggravation from the Yorubas. I honestly admire how the people of Ife stood against these folks, but I must admit, the narrative of FFK as quoted above is nothing but a too good narrative.

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by Timelezz: 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
kolaish:
On getting there instead of being received with sympathy and remorse the husband himself was viciously stabbed and almost lost his life. After that the Hausa Fulanis in Sabo went on the rampage killing many sons and daughters of Ile-Ife their host community and in the process they proceeded to behead a young Yoruba man and they paraded his head on a pole through the streets.
May God almighty heal your emotional and logical deficiency with a sweeping authority like he parted the Red sea for the Israelites!

1. Even if that portion of the story by FFK was exaggerated, it doesn't negate the fact that a woman was raped and the husband stabbed

2. Do you have proof that FFK's accounts were false?

3. You're distorting the causative factor of the fracas which is the unwarranted rape of a woman with frivolities of the aftereffects

4. Have you ever been robbed by an Hausa-fulani?
Or have a friend who has?

This is my first ethnic onslaught in Nairaland and no regrets: they are completely without reason.

Each demand/order for your money and belongings is preceded by knife cuts and stabbing, sometimes simultaneously with the demand to give them money.

You're an ignorant, vexatious fellow who is grossly insensitive. Your case is even worse than these killers up north.

7 Likes

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by keneto1424(m): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=attacker321 post=54640766]I have been reluctant to write anything about the clash between the Yoruba and the Hausa Fulani in the ancient city of Ile-Ife and in which far many more people were killed than anyone cares to publicly admit. I was reluctant because Ile-Ife happens to be the home of my ancestors and indeed my hometown and for four generations my family have had a stake there and have been making meaningful contributions to the affairs and development of the community.

Consequently I have an emotional attachment to the town and when I hear that a son or daughter of Ife is in trouble or is in any way hurt or harmed it hurts me to the marrow. This is because the Ifes are more to me than just my kinsmen. I consider them to be part of my family and deep down I love each and everyone of them whether they be friend or foe. Yet despite all this, on this occassion, I am constrained to set emotion aside, look at the cold facts and write about this ugly and tragic episode.

I compelled to do so out of a sense of loyalty, honor and morality. This is especially so given the fact that the victims in this conflict appear to have no voice and no-one appears to be ready to speak for them. I am ready to be that voice. I owe my people, history and posterity that much and I have no apology for doing so.

The crisis in Ile-Ife started when a group of Hausa Fulani men molested and physically abused a young Yoruba woman by the name of Kubura and almost killed her in the process. She went home covered in blood and when her husband, Akeem (a leading member of the NURWT in Ile-Ife) found out what she had been subjected to he went back to the Hausa-Fulani quarters (commonly known as Sabo) with her in tow to find out why she had been subjected to such barbaric treatment and who the perpetrators were. On getting there instead of being received with sympathy and remorse the husband himself was viciously stabbed and almost lost his life. After that the Hausa Fulanis in Sabo went on the rampage killing many sons and daughters of Ile-Ife their host community and in the process they proceeded to behead a young Yoruba man and they paraded his head on a pole through the streets.

This infuriated the people of Ile-Ife and they retaliated by attacking the perpetrators. After that all hell broke loose and many Hausa Fulanis were killed. I have been reliably informed that at the end of the day, a large number of Hausa Fulanis were killed and buried in mass graves whilst an equally high percentage of the houses in Sabo were burnt down. The Ifes lost also lost heavily in the conflict. This is a tragedy of monumental proportions for each and every one of us. The casualty rate on both side is unacceptable and I wholeheartedly condemn the taking of human life for ANY reason unless it is in self-defence.

As sad and tragic as this event may be we must point the fingers at the right places and place the blame for the conflagration where it belongs. Many have failed in this respect. For example instead of blaming the aggressors for the crisis and the carnage and warning them to stop killing our people and raping and beating our women, Governor Rauf Aregbesola has been shamelessly begging the Hausa Fulani and saying such an attack will never take place again. It is right and proper for him, and indeed all responsible leaders, to call for restraint, to sue for peace and to encourage people not to break the law or take the law into their own hands in the name of retaliation and I must commend the efforts of our most reverred traditional ruler, his Imperial Majesty, the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja 11 in this respect. However it is equally important for Aregbesola to condemn the aggressors, the wife-beaters, the rapists and the murderers and to tell them in simple and clear language that Ile-Ife, the source and cradle of the Yoruba race, or indeed anywhere else in Osun state or the south west is NOT the sort of place that they can commit such atrocities and get away with it. We are not Southern Kaduna or Agatu in Benue state. We find it difficult to sit by idly and watch our people being slaughtered in cold blood.

And neither do we bow down before our oppressors. There is something deep in the Yoruba spirit and soul and particularly that of the Ifes that resists and rebels against injustice, brutality, barbarity and subjugation and the history of the Yoruba proves that. We are slow to anger but irresistible in battle and the fact is that for one hundred years before the British colonial masters arrived on our shores we were fighting brutal civil wars against one another. We know the tragedy, the pain, the terror, the evil and the horrendous sacrifice that comes with war and conflict and though we avoid it as best as we can, we never shy away from it once it is forced upon us.

Worse still the youth of Ile Ife, many of whom are veterans of numerous Ife-Modakeke wars, are hardened and battle-ready any day and any time. This is indeed a potentially volatile and dangerous mix. In this respect relevant and insightful are the words of Oloye Gani Adams, the leader of the Odua Peoples Congress (OPC), when he said, just yesterday, that “the Yoruba cannot be conquered!”. And if anyone has any doubts about that they should consider the sheer courage and unconquerable spirit of a loyal anf faithful son of the Yoruba like Ayo Fayose, the Governor of Ekiti state. This is where Aregbesola missed it. This is what he appears to have forgotten and this is what slipped his mind. This is the point that he failed to appreciate and instead of doing so he chose to tread the disgraceful path of servility and appeasement whilst sacrificing the lives and interests of his own people. Though I am a firm believer in the right of self-defence, I do not seek to incite anyone to violence and neither do I advocate, condone or encourage it in any shape or form. I am simply stating the facts and pointing out that it is important to call an aggressor an aggressor and call a spade a spade.

My old friend Senator Rabiu Kwakwanso who is the former Governor of Kano state then entered the ring and made matters worse. He went to Ile-Ife, met with the Hausa Fulani community and had the nerve and effontry to tell Aregbesola that our people must pay compensation for the killing of his people: sounds familiar? I remember General Muhammadu Buhari’s words to Governor Lam Adesina in 2001 when, after a conflict between the Hausa Fulani and the Yoruba in Oyo, he asked “why are your people killing my people?” Kwakwanso came to Ile-Ife 16 years later, demanded an answer to the same question and asked for compensation! What a gratuitous insult this is delivered at a time when everyone is suing for peace and calling for calm.

If the truth be told who should pay compensation to who? Who is accommodating who? Who did the attacking?[b] Who killed first? Who drew first blood? Whose land and soil is it and who are the guests and visitors? You come into a man’s house and enter his land and you start killing members of his family and people and then you ask him to pay you compensation? Does this make sense? How many people did the Fulani compensate after they slaughtered the indigenees of Southern Kaduna, Benue, Enugu, Abia, Delta,Taraba, Lagos, Plateau, Kwara, Kogi, Adamawa, Nassarawa, Niger, Edo, Ebonyi, Ondo, Ekiti and numerous other states in the country in their own land? How many did they compensate after the sectarian and barbaric killings of Christians and southern Muslims all over the north over the last 56 years? How many did they compensate after the pogroms, mass murder and genocide perpetuated against the Igbo all over the north just before the civil war in 1966? Who should apologise and who should compensate who? Honestly I cannot stomach all this. It would have been better for Kwakwanso to start with an apology for the beating, raping, carnage and barbarity that his Hausa Fulani brothers indulged in and unleashed on their generous and accomodating hosts before the fighting started[/b].

Do some people have a greater right to life than others in Nigeria? Is the blood of some more precious than the blood of others? Do the lives of the Ife people mean nothing to these people? Does anyone not feel a deep sense of outrage about what the Hausa Fulani did and how this whole thing started? Are we supposed to brush it under the carpet out of fear and our accursed desire for peace at ANY price? How do we expect the woman that was beaten and whose husband was almost stabbed to death for attempting to defend her honor to feel? How do we expect the family of the young man that was beheaded and the families of the other Yorubas that were killed to take all this? Are we not dancing on the graves of those that were slaughtered for no just cause? What does that say about us as leaders and as a people? Are we not meant to defend the weak and stand up for the oppressed and the defenceless?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/hausa-fulani-yoruba-slaughter-ile-ife-1-fani-kayode/

[/qu which day thie ffk go get sense it is political crisis not triball. ffk must know about it

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by Yungbitz(m): 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
For once I applaud Fani Kayode for standing Tall where others fail .. If any Ethnic Group feels superior and more privileged then they should seek for secession from The country

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by LC14052016: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
It is fast turning into Hausa/Fulani vs the rest of Nigeria
If igbo can be a little patient, Biafra will manifest, at the detriment of the hausa/fulanis. People are gradually getting used to their tactics, and where ever they strike again, they shall meet their waterloo always. Benue, wake up!

4 Likes

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
Angelb4:
Fani-Kayode is always looking for relevance here n there. Can't read his right-up writeup pls.
Even if you read, I doubt you are not intelligently right upstairs to digest his writeup

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by Samunique(m): 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2017
Olu317:
This is the reason he cannot be a leader of repute in Yoruba land. Imagine what Kwakwanso or whatever name he bears demanded? Yet Gov. Aregbesola didn't see it as an insult on his personality, office and Yoruba sacred land when a former governor came to speak on behalf of the Hausa-Fulani. Gov. Aregbesola need know that the truth will always prevail no matter what. Yoruba Ethnicity don't need a man that will cower to Hausa -Fulani when in fact they started the attack. They shouldn't worry, ODUN EGUN WON À TO TAN KI AWON OMO ÀLÀÀGBÁ. N' WA MA FI AKARA JÉ ÉKÓ...The protector, PMB shall live his position and we await how it will be like for them after he lives office.

Thank you omo Oodua tokan tokan!

Aregbe is such a coward and disgraceful Governor who cannot speak for his people when it matters most .

2 Likes

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by ariesbull: 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2017
Shikena:

Benjamin Adekunle the Black Scorpion was only doing his job as a brave warrior in the Nigerian Army and if not for the fact that it was a mere lengthy 'police exercise' against our empty barrel brothers he would have completely wiped out the entire tiny region fooled by Ojukwu - who later fled to Abidjan after all his noise and boy scout theatrics then was pardoned by his masters led by Shagari and his assistant Ekwueme.

He faces Igbo
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by rhektor(m): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
silastemplar:
Again i see mischief in this mans write up. I dont bellieve his account. Too much tribal and political sentiments here

Then give us your own account that is accurate or cover your gutter lipsrsealed
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by kolaish(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2017
Timelezz:
May God almighty heal your emotional and logical deficiency with a sweeping authority like he parted the Red sea for the Israelites!

1. Even if that portion of the story by FFK was exaggerated, it doesn't negate the fact that a woman was raped and the husband stabbed

2. Do you have proof that FFK's accounts were false?

3. You're distorting the causative factor of the fracas which is the unwarranted rape of a woman with frivolities of the aftereffects

4. Have you ever been robbed by an Hausa-fulani?
Or have a friend who has?

This is my first ethnic onslaught in Nairaland and no regrets: they are completely without reason.

Each demand/order for your money and belongings is preceded by knife cuts and stabbing, sometimes simultaneously with the demand to give them money.

You're an ignorant, vexatious fellow who is grossly insensitive. Your case is even worse than these killers up north.
Thank you for the insult and God bless.

ibo and yoruba man does not steal. for your information, My wife have been robbed at gun point by yoruba thief/thugs before. So, please know that Criminality is not limited to tribe or ethnic factions.

2 Likes

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by rufaikoko(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2017
This guy is a congenital liar.

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by smtx(m): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2017
kolaish:
You people talked as if you do not know what an NURTW (Agbero) man can do. The story as told by FFK is fraught with some lies, that is my point.

Please read the whole story and not simply accuse me falsely. Being a Yoruba man does not mean I should agree with lies.

And you talk as if you don't know what Hausa/Fulani can do. Everything said here by FFK is exactly the way it happened. Didn't you witness the carnage in Lagos? OPC and Hausa/Fulani? Maybe u don't have d details you better go find out about the innocent children that were slaughtered in schools by the savages u r blindly supporting. I doubt if you are Yoruba like u claim. Am not Yoruba but Human and have seen what these ppl can do to their host community. Don't let your political affiliation becloud ur sense of reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by emi14: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2017
Today FFK is son of soil to his Yoruba critics. Hausa/Fulani must learn how to respect their host nation. Also stop aggressiveness and bloodthirstiness. You pray 17 times a day yet wickedness is the air you breathe. Buhari and kankwaso have been a great disappointment; overlook them please.
Is killing the spirit of one Nigeria...."there was a country"

2 Likes

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by kolaish(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2017
smtx:

And you talk as if you don't know what Hausa/Fulani can do. Everything said here by FFK is exactly the way it happened. Didn't you witness the carnage in Lagos? OPC and Hausa/Fulani? Maybe u don't have d details you better go find out about the innocent children that were slaughtered in schools by the savages u r blindly supporting. I doubt if you are Yoruba like u claim. Am not Yoruba but Human and have seen what these ppl can do to their host community. Don't let your political affiliation becloud ur sense of reasoning.
You are simply misquoting me. Please read that first bolded paragraph and react to it. We are not fighting here but simply expressing our comments please.
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by Timelezz: 3:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
kolaish:
Thank you for the insult and God bless.

ibo and yoruba man does not steal. for your information, My wife have been robbed at gun point by yoruba thief/thugs before. So, please know that Criminality is not limited to tribe or ethnic factions.
I should have known you're genuinely limited in deductive comprehension!

My statement about Fulani robbers is to tell you how barbaric and unreasonable they are during operation as they slash and maim their victims even when they cooperate with them, uncharacteristic of the average southern robber. This is to show you that the claim by FFK that the husband who went demanding for answers why his wife was molested and was met with more violence isn't improbable if you know how the average Fulani/Hausa behaves.

I didn't make that statement to claim other tribes don't rob. You're always standing against logic.
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by Timelezz: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
kolaish:
You are simply misquoting me. Please read that first bolded paragraph and react to it. We are not fighting here but simply expressing our comments please.
Everyone is misquoting and having misunderstanding with you...

It is time to check your intelligent quotient and cognition as a matter of urgency.

2 Likes

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by kolaish(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2017
smtx:

if you can believe FFK, then you can believe everything. How many yoruba interest has he defended even when he is with the presidency (obasanjo). I prefer to hear the story from other source than believing someone gasping for attention.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/03/08/breaking-5-killed-hausa-yoruba-clash-ile-ife/

1 Like

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by Olu317(m): 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
Samunique:

Thank you omo Oodua tokan tokan!

Aregbe is such a coward and disgraceful Governor who cannot speak for his people when it matters most .
It is really disheartening hearing and reading all his inactive action. Even a wicked Gov. El Rufai of Kaduna stood by his Fulani herdsmen who were killing people at will, how much those who resisted such happening in a sacred land of our Forefathers. Eledua a wa mu Iléri é sé.
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by EazyMoh(m): 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
kolaish:
Please reason well. If a man slap my wife and i go there to ask why, will the same man kill me if I asked decently? The truth is that the NURTW (Agbero) man must have been annoyed and mobilized others to go there and fight the people that beats his wife, then the whole issue escalated into a fight and not as told by FFK.

I refused to believe that the same hausa people killed the yoruba people and paraded their heads, knowing fully well that they are in ile ife and not kano, no and no. This is a made-up story. I do not allow emotions to becloud my sense of reasoning.
God bless you.
It's disturbing the level of blindness displayed here due to hate.
It's very dangerous the way commenters are supporting FFK on these file of bile hate filled and divisive article.
Even if the Hausa attacked first and killed many Yorubas it's very wrong and dangerous to give it a blanket blame on every Hausa man and Fulani as well, to the extent of dragging the people trying to calm nerves and forestall any further crisis.
I hope the security agents arrest all those responsible for violence on both sides and definitely do something about pedaling blatant lies and trying to insight further violence.

3 Likes

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by BeardedTraveler: 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
You need to read it because it's the undiluted truth.

You want a narrative that tailors your Hausa peeps but we have never seen Yorubas and Igbos kill each other while the Hausas enjoy fighting and maiming the other majority tribes

Undiluted truth? As narrated by Ffk? Until a more reliable person corroborates this, its FFK words against others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by murtalaa(m): 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
Any educated person should see ffk for what he really is. This is vantage ffk, capitalizing on a great tragedy to advance a campaign of hate and ethnic supremacy. If we are to take his word for it, that the woman was molested and one yoruba was killed, does that justify killing any Hausa in sight? Shouldnt ffk supposed to condemn both atrocities instead of excusing one atrocity (even egging them on) and condemning one? Please note that there is every major ethnic group in any corner of the country. If you rejoice and support this kind of atrocity you or your relative could likely be caught in such calamity. A real statesman will sue for peace just like what the two gentlemen in the person of Kwankwaso and Aregbesola did. Ffk is incredibly irresponsible bigot who did nothing but add fuel to ensure the crisis escalated. He obviously thrives on chaos and hate.
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by kolaish(m): 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
Timelezz:
Everyone is misquoting and having misunderstanding with you...

It is time to check your intelligent quotient and cognition as a matter of urgency.
Oga with high intelligent quotient. If I may ask what is the bone of contention here please?
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by Occurstaem(m): 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
Sanchez01:

From the above, he painted a picture of a people who molested a woman, stabbed her husband who went there to 'find out what his wife did' and immediately went ahead killing Yoruba sons and daughters. All these without aggravation from the Yorubas. I honestly admire how the people of Ife stood against these folks, but I must admit, the narrative of FFK as quoted above is nothing but a too good narrative.
He is not far from the truth. They drew the first blood.
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by kolaish(m): 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
Timelezz:
I should have known you're genuinely limited in deductive comprehension!

My statement about Fulani robbers is to tell you how barbaric and unreasonable they are during operation as they slash and maim their victims even when they cooperate with them, uncharacteristic of the average southern robber. This is to show you that the claim by FFK that the husband who went demanding for answers why his wife was molested and was met with more violence isn't improbable if you know how the average Fulani/Hausa behaves.

I didn't make that statement to claim other tribes don't rob. You're always standing against logic.
Oyenusi, Anini, vampire and other robbers killed during operations. So many bank robberies that have killed innocent people. Ikorodu militants attack, Ijegun and others. My brothers, criminality does not know race. come off it.
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by fof1: 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
attacker321:
I have been reluctant to write anything about the clash between the Yoruba and the Hausa Fulani in the ancient city of Ile-Ife and in which far many more people were killed than anyone cares to publicly admit. I was reluctant because Ile-Ife happens to be the home of my ancestors and indeed my hometown and for four generations my family have had a stake there and have been making meaningful contributions to the affairs and development of the community.

Consequently I have an emotional attachment to the town and when I hear that a son or daughter of Ife is in trouble or is in any way hurt or harmed it hurts me to the marrow. This is because the Ifes are more to me than just my kinsmen. I consider them to be part of my family and deep down I love each and everyone of them whether they be friend or foe. Yet despite all this, on this occassion, I am constrained to set emotion aside, look at the cold facts and write about this ugly and tragic episode.

I compelled to do so out of a sense of loyalty, honor and morality. This is especially so given the fact that the victims in this conflict appear to have no voice and no-one appears to be ready to speak for them. I am ready to be that voice. I owe my people, history and posterity that much and I have no apology for doing so.

This infuriated the people of Ile-Ife and they retaliated by attacking the perpetrators. After that all hell broke loose and many Hausa Fulanis were killed. I have been reliably informed that at the end of the day, a large number of Hausa Fulanis were killed and buried in mass graves whilst an equally high percentage of the houses in Sabo were burnt down. The Ifes lost also lost heavily in the conflict. This is a tragedy of monumental proportions for each and every one of us. The casualty rate on both side is unacceptable and I wholeheartedly condemn the taking of human life for ANY reason unless it is in self-defence.

As sad and tragic as this event may be we must point the fingers at the right places and place the blame for the conflagration where it belongs. Many have failed in this respect. For example instead of blaming the aggressors for the crisis and the carnage and warning them to stop killing our people and raping and beating our women, Governor Rauf Aregbesola has been shamelessly begging the Hausa Fulani and saying such an attack will never take place again. It is right and proper for him, and indeed all responsible leaders, to call for restraint, to sue for peace and to encourage people not to break the law or take the law into their own hands in the name of retaliation and I must commend the efforts of our most reverred traditional ruler, his Imperial Majesty, the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja 11 in this respect. However it is equally important for Aregbesola to condemn the aggressors, the wife-beaters, the rapists and the murderers and to tell them in simple and clear language that Ile-Ife, the source and cradle of the Yoruba race, or indeed anywhere else in Osun state or the south west is NOT the sort of place that they can commit such atrocities and get away with it. We are not Southern Kaduna or Agatu in Benue state. We find it difficult to sit by idly and watch our people being slaughtered in cold blood.

And neither do we bow down before our oppressors. There is something deep in the Yoruba spirit and soul and particularly that of the Ifes that resists and rebels against injustice, brutality, barbarity and subjugation and the history of the Yoruba proves that. We are slow to anger but irresistible in battle and the fact is that for one hundred years before the British colonial masters arrived on our shores we were fighting brutal civil wars against one another. We know the tragedy, the pain, the terror, the evil and the horrendous sacrifice that comes with war and conflict and though we avoid it as best as we can, we never shy away from it once it is forced upon us.

Worse still the youth of Ile Ife, many of whom are veterans of numerous Ife-Modakeke wars, are hardened and battle-ready any day and any time. This is indeed a potentially volatile and dangerous mix. In this respect relevant and insightful are the words of Oloye Gani Adams, the leader of the Odua Peoples Congress (OPC), when he said, just yesterday, that “the Yoruba cannot be conquered!”. And if anyone has any doubts about that they should consider the sheer courage and unconquerable spirit of a loyal anf faithful son of the Yoruba like Ayo Fayose, the Governor of Ekiti state. This is where Aregbesola missed it. This is what he appears to have forgotten and this is what slipped his mind. This is the point that he failed to appreciate and instead of doing so he chose to tread the disgraceful path of servility and appeasement whilst sacrificing the lives and interests of his own people. Though I am a firm believer in the right of self-defence, I do not seek to incite anyone to violence and neither do I advocate, condone or encourage it in any shape or form. I am simply stating the facts and pointing out that it is important to call an aggressor an aggressor and call a spade a spade.

My old friend Senator Rabiu Kwakwanso who is the former Governor of Kano state then entered the ring and made matters worse. He went to Ile-Ife, met with the Hausa Fulani community and had the nerve and effontry to tell Aregbesola that our people must pay compensation for the killing of his people: sounds familiar? I remember General Muhammadu Buhari’s words to Governor Lam Adesina in 2001 when, after a conflict between the Hausa Fulani and the Yoruba in Oyo, he asked “why are your people killing my people?” Kwakwanso came to Ile-Ife 16 years later, demanded an answer to the same question and asked for compensation! What a gratuitous insult this is delivered at a time when everyone is suing for peace and calling for calm.

If the truth be told who should pay compensation to who? Who is accommodating who? Who did the attacking?[b] Who killed first? Who drew first blood? Whose land and soil is it and who are the guests and visitors? You come into a man’s house and enter his land and you start killing members of his family and people and then you ask him to pay you compensation? Does this make sense? How many people did the Fulani compensate after they slaughtered the indigenees of Southern Kaduna, Benue, Enugu, Abia, Delta,Taraba, Lagos, Plateau, Kwara, Kogi, Adamawa, Nassarawa, Niger, Edo, Ebonyi, Ondo, Ekiti and numerous other states in the country in their own land? How many did they compensate after the sectarian and barbaric killings of Christians and southern Muslims all over the north over the last 56 years? How many did they compensate after the pogroms, mass murder and genocide perpetuated against the Igbo all over the north just before the civil war in 1966? Who should apologise and who should compensate who? Honestly I cannot stomach all this. It would have been better for Kwakwanso to start with an apology for the beating, raping, carnage and barbarity that his Hausa Fulani brothers indulged in and unleashed on their generous and accomodating hosts before the fighting started[/b].

Do some people have a greater right to life than others in Nigeria? Is the blood of some more precious than the blood of others? Do the lives of the Ife people mean nothing to these people? Does anyone not feel a deep sense of outrage about what the Hausa Fulani did and how this whole thing started? Are we supposed to brush it under the carpet out of fear and our accursed desire for peace at ANY price? How do we expect the woman that was beaten and whose husband was almost stabbed to death for attempting to defend her honor to feel? How do we expect the family of the young man that was beheaded and the families of the other Yorubas that were killed to take all this? Are we not dancing on the graves of those that were slaughtered for no just cause? What does that say about us as leaders and as a people? Are we not meant to defend the weak and stand up for the oppressed and the defenceless?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/hausa-fulani-yoruba-slaughter-ile-ife-1-fani-kayode/

FFK. U SAID IT ALL AND GOD CONTINUE TO SHOW U MERCIES & FREEDOM.
Re: The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode by Timelezz: 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
kolaish:
Oyenusi, Anini, vampire and other robbers killed during operations. So many bank robberies that have killed innocent people. Ikorodu militants attack, Ijegun and others. My brothers, criminality does not know race. come off it.
Still missing the point.
kolaish:
Oga with high intelligent quotient. If I may ask what is the bone of contention here please?
The bone of contention here is that you're chasing after the aftershocks of the fracas instead of the causative factor.

With all the nationwide killings by northerners unprovoked, you're still pointing holes to an irrelevant spot of the story to distort the true reasons why Yorubas resorted to defending themselves.

You're a bloody Fulani hiding as a Yoruba man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Contracts T.B Joshua To Help Beg His Wife - Sahara Reporters / Photo: Map Of Nigeria On A Pothole As Made By Rain / Yoruba Nation Group Releases Names Of Agitators Allegedly In Police Detention

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.