Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,194 members, 7,903,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:12 AM

Let's End Social Media Depression Now - - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let's End Social Media Depression Now - (341 Views)

How Depression Is Killing Me / Depression, Are You At Risk Or Not? / Post NYSC Depression Is Real. Please Reach Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's End Social Media Depression Now - by hotice20: 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hey fam,

I have been a little alarmed over the rising spate of suicide in Nigeria, especially the unreported cases. Quite a number of Nigerians resort to suicide on a regular basis. And while we are trying to create awareness and encourage persons suffering from depression to seek help, I have a feeling that there is a major cause of depression in Nigeria - even though I lack the data to back this up.

It's the Social Media!

Most people feel a deeper sense of loss, pain and rejection upon stumbling on a post of "slay queens and kings" who are either "chilling somewhere out of this world" or just generally trying to impress their followers with their hyperbolic claims and updates. Hence, people tend to appear way more successful and happier on social media than they truly are. That's the lie most people live.

I am taking the first step via this post to tell you - yes, you - that most of those beautiful stuff you see on social media is not real.

So, stop comparing yourself with some Facebook or IG updates. Today may be rough, but tomorrow holds far more brighter promise!

Don't give up!

(1) (Reply)

OAP Freeze Disagrees With Kemi Olunloyo Detention / Dana Air And Its Amazing Services / Pkn/pko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.