Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,020 members, 7,946,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:59 PM

"Tales From UNIZIK" A Short Fuss By Imiano. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Tales From UNIZIK" A Short Fuss By Imiano. (553 Views)

HAUNTED. Tales From Dark Nights. / Tales Of A College Boy / To Princely, With Love [Tales From Treeland] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Tales From UNIZIK" A Short Fuss By Imiano. by Schoolguy9(m): 2:15pm On Mar 21, 2017
Disclaimer: This is simply a work of imagination.
by Imiano of JusposBlog NG.

Have a read....
Feel free to criticize..
Thank you.

*6:45 AM*
Tues, 2017.

On a very normal day I would wake from sleep calm, say my little prayers and prepare for the day's hassles, yes hassles, not hurdles but on this day, Tuesday 21, 2017, the gong of the rumour sank into my head as I sprang up from the soft material that constitute my bed, Ugochukwu had called me to announce that a shift has been made on our first semester examination timetable, "What?" I screamed as he broke the news to my auditory malleus.
"Guy, just start coming to school now, a change has been on our time table and the BIO251 has been rescheduled to hold by 8:00AM" he said through the phone. I couldn't hide my shock at the sudden turnout of events.

Bio251 was the course code for a Genetic study course we were due to take by 3pm the same day, while it would end by 6pm but the sudden turnout of things made it to be scheduled for 8:00am.

"Wow" I gushed out as I made for my cold bucket of water, at exactly 3.6 seconds after, I was already done with my bath as the theories of Evolution taught in one of the course's classes turned up in my head.

I could feel Charles Darwin and Jean Baptiste Larmack quarrelling in my head,
"I am the father of evolution" Jean Larmack boasted.
"Who told you?" Charles Darwin countered,
"I stated the theory of evolutiuon based on the theory of natural selection and survival of the fittest in and ecosystem" he continued.
"Ha ha, If you like go and claim that in the exam hall, I was the first person who stated the theory of evolution based on the use and disuse of organs." They kept quarrelling as I pleaded with them to keep quiet, I had to get to school first else I may not even have the chance to down their claims on my paper, I reasoned as I rubbed the last stroke of cream on my palm.

Food was the farthest thing on my mind, I was already at the gate when I remembered that I was not with my hankerchief, "Oh no" I yelled as I made to go back but the echoing voice of Ugochukwu over the phone some minutes ago held me still for a moment, looking at my phone's screen it was already 9:45AM, so I made the hard decision, to leave without a hanky, as it's usually called.

I had not covered the necessary topics treated in the course, so it gave me a halved confidence facing the exam, I had spent most of my tackling some of the courses I saw as the hard ones not minding that the one am to face today prides itself with being the second to the most voluminous course after ZOO201, at that point I wished Jean Larmarck, Robert hooke and the host of others who pioneered works in early genetics and cell evolution would come out physically and commune with me but it's just a wish of the mind. I had to face my fate head-on.

The time was already 10 o'clock when I jumped down from the short bus conveying us to the school, I live not too close to the campus so I had to board a bus to campus everyday.

"Hello, Ugoo" I spoke into the phone as I dialled his line to confirmed the state of things, just then I realized he had not picked, I waited, rather impatiently.

I was already giving up on the call when his hoarse voice came around,
"Imiano, come to the science village, we are there now" he said. With each drop of his words, the rate of my heart beat escalated, could they have started? Have I really missed this course? I puzzled as I hurriedly left the beautiful gate where the short vehicle stopped me few seconds ago.

Every information on my mind was scattered as I hurriedly moved across the tarred ground leading to the inside of the school, I tried to gather some of them and place them in order but that was forlorn hope, the two biology veterans continued their arguments and claims as I galloped down to Science Village (which houses most of the science faculties here) in Unizik, Awka campus.

[TO BE CONTINUED....]
--- -------
Author:
De Imiano @http://www.juspos..com
Re: "Tales From UNIZIK" A Short Fuss By Imiano. by Schoolguy9(m): 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2017
Continued...

*10:43AM*

I was already having difficulties wiping off the beads of perspiration that trickled down my face with my middle finger when I heard someone whispering my name from afar.

"Guy, hurry up!" I quickly said as I realized it was Victor, another of my courseware, trailing the same path I had galloped through,

"Did you hear that the exam had been rescheduled to hold by 8:00am this morning?" He asked as he drew closer to me, at first I was irritated by the manner of the question but I still tried to give my friend a befitting answer,

"No, I didn't hear.." I was saying when he cut me short with another question,
"So, why are you running all through the gate?" he asked.

"I have learnt to burn early morning fats" I chipped in.
"Eh?" he quietly asked.
"Eh, if you like don't hurry up, BIO251 is due to hold this morning" I informed him before I dashed off again.
"Wait! Imiano" He yelled after me as I hurried up to the hall, I was still wondering if the exam had ended when my phone came alive with a recurrent beep,
"Hello" I said into the phone as I picked it, I realized it was Ugochukwu.
"Guy calm your nerves, the exam is has been confirmed to be scheduled to hold by 3pm today" he broke the news to me, rather than being happy altogether, I developed a mixture of joy and sadness,
"Ok" I said, as he ended the call.

"Guy, what is it?" Victor who was now quite beside asked I returned the phone to its eternal place.
"Ugo said they have shifted the exam to 3pm, we should chill" I told him,
"Very good" I had heard him say inaudibly as my mind drifted into a series of reflections, "Who first broke the news?",
"Who confirmed it?"

"Why would they have engaged us in such a higgledy-piggledy in the first place?"

All these I wondered as we slowly rolled down our way to the exam venue which had not even been fixed.
"Our course reps and its assistants should try and give us accurate information at all time if we must survive happily in this school" I managed to say as we arrived the entrance road that introduced us to the science village.

Smasha, another course mate of mine was the first person we saw as we faced the various lecture halls and labs situated at the science village,
"Guy, this one your face is like this, have they finished the exam?" I managed to tease him.
"No, they didn't even hold the exam again, I'm going home" he said.
"To do what?" I asked as I was now calm as he confirmed that the exam had been rescheduled,
"To cook jellof beans" he joked on realizing my prank.
"Hehehe" I chuckled out as I imagined my friend, Smasha, sitting on a table, not chair o, and cooking jellof beans on a lighted stove.
"You would sure look like Kudu" I finally said as we parted ways, I checked my time, it was already 11:00Am. Kudu is another of our course mate who's known to act weird at times.

Thank you.
*THE END*
Re: "Tales From UNIZIK" A Short Fuss By Imiano. by Aliyeous(m): 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
Is dat all? Chei

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lie To Me, Dan (novel Review) / L. Ron Hubbard's Writers Of The Future Contest / Our Age ;how Does It Goes???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.