Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,895 members, 7,935,836 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 04:58 PM

Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. (28295 Views)

Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years / I Am Tired Of Submitting CV Online / Difficulties In Submitting My CV On Etisalat Recruitment Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by fratermathy(m): 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol! You're so fast! cheesy

Oniovo, it's necessary o. You don't know who will fall for it next.Yahoo boys should stop scamming homeboys. It's badddddd!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by geunik(m): 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
They are scammers that can get random details. You were one of the random candidates. To get some few details online i can just visit jamb office and input a random jamb reg no. To get further info on the number
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Sanchez01: 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
fratermathy:

Oniovo, it's necessary o. You don't know who will fall for it next.Yahoo boys should stop scamming homeboys. It's badddddd!
I'm telling you. Funniest thing is, they might have been raking in the money before the OP brought it to the fore. So glad you reported the site already.

2 Likes

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by AngelicBeing: 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
Cutehector:
Someone has to eat.. grin
tongue
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by caphykk: 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
It must have been d cyber café u once used for your jamb registration
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by imma2(m): 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
Make them comot the 1k out of you future salary. Infact, make am 10k. grin
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by buffalowings: 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
na this kind scam I dey like

these guys are fucking tech savvy
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
Not all 'oil companies' are actually Oil Companies... there are palm kernel company, palm oil company, palm wine company, oilseed company, etc...OP, which one are you talking about? definitely the later ones.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by ajalaolanr(m): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=dapyd1 post=54844396]I received a text this afternoon from Como oil and gas, that I have been shortlisted for an interview. I was to log in with my details (matriculation or JAMB registration number).
I was curious because;

1. I haven't heard of the company before

2. I didn't submit an application there.

3. They telling me to log in with my details actually means they have my details.

So, I did two things, I 'googled' Como oil and gas and I went to the site as stated in the text.

The first research showed that Como oil and gas actually exists, but in Florida. There was no evidence whatsoever, at least online, to show they have any presence in Nigeria.

When I got to the site, I saw a link for Job vacancy, I clicked and it took me to a page where I will put in my details. I imputed my matriculation number and to my amazement, it brought out my details including my full name, state of origin, JAMB registration number, phone number and my matriculation number.

I was also asked to pay N1000 through any online media, of course no reputable company will ask you to pay for an interview, so I registered it as a scam in my head.

The question now is, how did they get my details? The first two can be gotten through my social media accounts but my JAMB registration number and matriculation number are neither on my CV nor my social media accounts.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this? It will make it easier for people to fall once they see their 'private' details. Or does anyone know anything about Como?

Thanks.

Evidences below. [/quoTE]

someone got his hands on the database of Your University,

Created a shoddy website and linked it to the proxy database with your details, now many will fall prey and the dude, will buy new cars, sleep with Hoes and merry for many Fridays, because many are ill informed, Gullible and looking for the quickest way to success!

Don't fall Prey Dude!
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by sleeveless: 9:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
dapyd1:

Very scary Bro.

And easy to fall for.
They even made the payment platform very professional.

funny, the 1k is just to lure u to provide ur atm details cos u are paying online tru ur bank. The target is nt ur 1k but ur atm details.

1 Like

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by sagerasaq: 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
how can i get d text message too Scammers no dy c my number ooo... Wtn happen naa?
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by sellYourCar: 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
dapyd1:
I received a text this afternoon from Como oil and gas, that I have been shortlisted for an interview. I was to log in with my details (matriculation or JAMB registration number).
I was curious because;

1. I haven't heard of the company before

2. I didn't submit an application there.

3. They telling me to log in with my details actually means they have my details.

So, I did two things, I 'googled' Como oil and gas and I went to the site as stated in the text.

The first research showed that Como oil and gas actually exists, but in Florida. There was no evidence whatsoever, at least online, to show they have any presence in Nigeria.

When I got to the site, I saw a link for Job vacancy, I clicked and it took me to a page where I will put in my details. I imputed my matriculation number and to my amazement, it brought out my details including my full name, state of origin, JAMB registration number, phone number and my matriculation number.

I was also asked to pay N1000 through any online media, of course no reputable company will ask you to pay for an interview, so I registered it as a scam in my head.

The question now is, how did they get my details? The first two can be gotten through my social media accounts but my JAMB registration number and matriculation number are neither on my CV nor my social media accounts.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this? It will make it easier for people to fall once they see their 'private' details. Or does anyone know anything about Como?

Thanks.

Evidences below.

You can stop it and save others from this scam. Go to the whistleblower website... http://whistle.finance.gov.ng/Pages/default.aspx
They may do something.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by cutegoddy(m): 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
getting ur jamb number is easy just google ur full name and it will bring out ur admission list dat is if ur school published d list on net.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by hotspec(m): 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
dapyd1, d SMS speaks 4 itself. Which serious multinational company will already shortlist u 4 interview bf they wil ask u 2 apply. Read again.
But again, guys are not smiling o. That is a secured site. Which scammer will try as much to get a secured site yet use it for 419ing people. Honestly, anybody can fall 4 ds
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by tempest01(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Na person for your school dey use una registration details take create scamming database.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by FaroukM(m): 11:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
Why u go run....abeg
.Flee
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by permit(m): 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
wat our country holds in times like this, scam,fraud for survival.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by chronique(m): 12:36am On Mar 23, 2017
This is what G boyz call "employment"
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by kingPhidel(m): 5:36am On Mar 23, 2017
Seeiers....

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by lovingyouhun: 6:56am On Mar 23, 2017
Must be one of your customer ex-classmates who is still jobless and into 419 biz or someone close enough to get your full details. Trust no man, humans aren't God. I was once told I have an inheritance of 50 million Us Dollars! The person had some close details about me but the give away was that the said Uncle leaves in the US and that i was his only surviving relative grin. I no get anybody der. Guy na scam ok
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 23, 2017
sacrifice 1k->5k
then sacrifice nothing after....5k

who knows where blessing wan show from??
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by drphantom: 8:39am On Mar 23, 2017
Your NYSC year book....
Your varied social media profiles....
A business card....
A CV....
Unsecure recruitment websites....

Any one or a combination of these could have given them the info they need.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by nellyelitz(m): 8:55am On Mar 23, 2017
LAFO:
grin
Do you need a prophet to tell you say Na scam?

1k in 200 places is 200k for just sending emails and bulk sms.....

Imagine the money they will make if mugus pay 1k each?

Oil company wey dey ask for 1k.... that one na oil compny?
end time company.

palm oil company...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by 1kinggy(m): 9:05am On Mar 23, 2017
Big time scam. Any employer or recruiter asking you for money is a scam.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by ysg4real(m): 11:42am On Mar 23, 2017
LAFO:
grin
Do you need a prophet to tell you say Na scam?

1k in 200 places is 200k for just sending emails and bulk sms.....

Imagine the money they will make if mugus pay 1k each?

Oil company wey dey ask for 1k.... that one na oil compny?
end time company.

Absolutlely, its a scam. Let me also help you by pointing this out: the florida company is called "como oil and propane" not "como oil and gas". Its only in nigeria you see the term "oil and gas" commonly used with a company name, so the website is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by ayobankzz(m): 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
haha you guys are asking how?? ok how does those con artist get your digits and then text you that your atm card has ish and you should dial a specific number to sort it out whenever you make a withdrawal on your bank acct.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Hiz234(m): 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
Guy......no try am .... Its a plot to steal your card details...... It's not about the 1k....
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by aBbiie25(f): 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
Lord have mercy. I also got a text from this idiots yesterday afternoon and i was like huh undecidedThe funny thing is that my classmates details are there as well. Everything correct and accurate. Gosh! This is another level of scamming which some people may fall pry to.
Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by PrinceTolu(m): 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
this site was registered less than a week ago. Shine your eyes.

https://www.whois.com/whois/comooilandgas.us

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Presido95: 10:20am On Mar 24, 2017
I saw the message too and immediately knew it was a scam. So I made sure I found out which platform they were using for their online payment (VoguePay), sent an email to them so others are not defrauded. Scammers have now moved to a new level in this country. It's possible they also got the details from NYSC, cos I know those guys have no security or from a NYSC mobilization list posted online by your school which has all your details including phone no. (Cos my sch posted the list on their website).

1 Like

Re: Company Got All My Details Without Me Submitting Application. by Jamite(m): 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pure scam....

See Domain information below.
The website was just created this month.

DOMAIN INFORMATION
Domain:comooilandgas.us
Registrar:NAMECHEAP, INC.
Registration Date:2017-03-19
Expiration Date:2018-03-18
Updated Date:2017-03-23
Name Servers:ns1.kayodesowole.com
ns2.kayodesowole.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Tricky Interview Questions And How To Answer Them / Now I Believe In Connection / NDLEA 2019 Recruitment: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 5,000 Personnel For NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.