Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,822 members, 7,906,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? (45350 Views)

Hilarious Throwback:can You Recognise This Celebrities In This Throw Back Photo? / Throwback: Can You Spot The Famous Musician In This Photo? / Tboss Stars In 'Kada River' Her First Nollywood Movie With Eniola Badmus (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by Ishilove: 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
DanseMacabre:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think it's either he's going through midlife crisis and can't find a better therapy, or he's an oldie here who's disappointed with the way things are turning out here, and is contributing his quota to the madness.

The latter makes more sense grin
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by iwatch: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
majamajic:
4. Tina onwudiwe
she died from Cancer cry cry cry
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by prosperous25(m): 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
I tink d other person squat in is emir Sanusi Lamido.
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by stagger: 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
I remember Tyna Onwudiwe more from her days as co-presenter of Kessingsheen Hit Show (1986 or thereabout). The commercial from AJ Seward, the makers of Kessignsheen hair shampoo and sponsors of the show, stuck in my head: "good secretaries are hard to find, I think I"ll keep mine. Thank you Kessingsheen".

The days of the Jerry Curl hairdos. Can't believe 30 years have flown by just like that.
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by naptu2: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
stagger:
I remember Tyna Onwudiwe more from her days as co-presenter of Kessingsheen Hit Show (1986 or thereabout). The commercial from AJ Seward, the makers of Kessignsheen hair shampoo and sponsors of the show, stuck in my head: "good secretaries are hard to find, I think I"ll keep mine. Thank you Kessingsheen".

The days of the Jerry Curl hairdos. Can't believe 30 years have flown by just like that.

Are you Stagger Lee?

Skid Ikemefuna (MC Skiddo), Mustapha Amego, Stagger Lee, etc.
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by caprini1: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
hahn:

It is not even on youtube sad
check Tubidy.com
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by caprini1: 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ishilove:

If you're old as this post suggests then why do you post the kind of fuckery I've been reading from your handle? undecided
grin I didn't know someone else noticed.
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by scalpel: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nice one @naptu2.
But what exactly was messy about Mojekwu and her assistant's affair that you can't talk about? I mean,its old news.Some of us want to know. Thanks.

And I think nairaland should have a forum labelled 'Oldies Nigeria' or something like that for stuffs like this.
Someone wrote earlier about the site having 'cobwebbed corridors'. I want to add,those corridors ain't only cobwebbed, they are also very dark,wet and slimy and many times have the stench of 'rotting human brains'!
Makes it hard to come across gems of history like this.
OK,am out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by Ishilove: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
stagger:

Bros...

Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by Ishilove: 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
caprini1:
grin I didn't know someone else noticed.
It's hard not to notice angry
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by Ishilove: 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
scalpel:
Nice one @naptu2.
But what exactly was messy about Mojekwu and her assistant's affair that you can't talk about? I mean,its old news.Some of us want to know. Thanks.

And I think nairaland should have a forum labelled 'Oldies Nigeria' or something like that for stuffs like this.
Someone wrote earlier about the site having 'cobwebbed corridors'. I want to add,those corridors ain't only cobwebbed, they are also very dark,wet and slimy and many times have the stench of 'rotting human brains'!
Makes it hard to come across gems of history like this.
OK,am out.
embarassed angry angry
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by placeofallure(f): 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
hahn:

Naptu abeg do you have any clips of Tina Onwudiwe? I used to watch her growing up and there is this song she sang and part of the lyrics goes "brothers killing brother, children fighting wars" etc

I always sing it to my wife but will love to have her listen to the song herself

Asiko lo laye, ara mi e ma se s'ole , asiko asiko...
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by judgedredd22(m): 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ishilove:

If you're old as this post suggests then why do you post the kind of fuckery I've been reading from your handle? undecided

chai! ishiiiii, iga egbukwa somebori o! grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by judgedredd22(m): 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
naptu2:

You are totally wrong. She died in 2001. Can you provide proof that she died in the 1990s and I'll provide proof that she died in 2001?

don't mind the guy, 1000% sure of emptiness... a lot of people on this platform are so ignorantly sure of themselves with halfbaked information most times, even when you try to put them right they still insist on being ignorant! well.....
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by banmee(m): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ishilove:

You don't know naptu2 as well as I do so no, it's more than just google research.

Are you phucking kidding me? All i did was type in Pamela Mojekwu and it pretty much just gave the same information he/she did. People are just lazy and ignorant when it comes to researching on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by johnie: 2:35am On Jun 12, 2017
This thread is revived?

Great!

As an aside, there was this set of Social Studies textbooks (a different for each primary school class) we used in the late 70s that detailed the lives and exploits of people like Mungo Park, Lander brothers,Mary Slessor, Florence Nightingale, etc.

Does anyone here remember the name, publisher or how one can get copies?

Naptu2, Ishilove, placeofallure, scalpel, stagger, majamajic, iwatch, nams77, dansemacabre, jakumo
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by naptu2: 2:44am On Jun 12, 2017
johnie:
This thread is revived?

Great!

As an aside, there was this set of Social Studies textbooks (a different for each primary school class) we used in the late 70s that detailed the lives and exploits of people like Mungo Park, Lander brothers,Mary Slessor, Florence Nightingale, etc.

Naptu2, Ishilove, placeofallure, scalpel, stagger, majamajic, iwatch, nams77, dansemacabre

Was it by Michael Crowder, or one of those green UPE textbooks?
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by placeofallure(f): 2:53am On Jun 12, 2017
johnie:
This thread is revived?

Great!

Naptu2, Ishilove, placeofallure, scalpel, stagger, majamajic, iwatch, nams77, dansemacabre

Hmmmn, the time under review is way too early for me, if you'd asked about early 90s probably. Wish I could help though.
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by johnie: 3:05am On Jun 12, 2017
naptu2:

Was it by Michael Crowder, or one of those green UPE textbooks?

Probably UPE.

I can't remember what the cover looked like.

Each page told the story of different people.

I think book 5 or 6 discussed the slave trade, life of the african slaves and their descendants in dispora and their emancipation with reference to people like William Wilberforce.

The Nigeria independence struggle, I belive was discussed in another book.

I have this feeling it was published by Spectrum.
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by johnie: 3:06am On Jun 12, 2017
placeofallure:

Hmmmn, the time under review is way too early for me, if you'd asked about early 90s probably. Wish I could help though.

Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by DanseMacabre(m): 3:48am On Jun 12, 2017
johnie:
This thread is revived?

Great!

Naptu.2, Ishi.love, place.ofallure, scal.pel, stag.ger, maja.majic, i.watch, nams.77, danse.macabre, j.akumo

I'm afraid the timeline is too early for me, too.
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by naptu2: 3:52am On Jun 12, 2017
johnie:
This thread is revived?

Great!

Naptu2, Ishilove, placeofallure, scalpel, stagger, majamajic, iwatch, nams77, dansemacabre, jakumo

Cc caveatemptor

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by johnie: 6:26am On Jun 12, 2017
DanseMacabre:

I'm afraid the timeline is too early for me, too.

Thanks for your response
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by DanseMacabre(m): 8:15am On Jun 12, 2017
johnie:

Thanks for your response

No biggie bro.
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by laurelbae(f): 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hmmmm Interesting thread... You guys born earlier enjoyed oo. Can only recognize Onyeka onwenu & king sunny Ade. Can also remember the cusson advert, was abt 3yrs then,in the early 90s'.
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by johnie: 3:42am On Jun 14, 2017
johnie:
This thread is revived?

Great!

Na.ptu2, Ishil.ove, placeo.fallure, scal.pel, stag.ger, maja.majic, iw.atch, na.ms77, dansem.acabre, jakumo

Caveatemptor, can you help with this?
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by Caveatemptor(m): 5:10am On Jun 14, 2017
johnie:

Caveatemptor, can you help with this?

I know the books you are talking about,but quite frankly I can't remember the name. There was a different text book for each class. We're they social studies text books or history text books?
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by johnie: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2017
Caveatemptor:

I know the books you are talking about,but quite frankly I can't remember the name. There was a different text book for each class. We're they social studies text books or history text books?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, there different books for each class.

I believe they were social studies text books.
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by hahn(m): 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
donsheddy1:
youtube still exist for people like u so research on youtube you'll find the track

It is not on youtube. I already checked

Your oversabi is irritating
Re: Throwback: Can You Identify The Stars In These Photos? by naptu2: 8:37am On Nov 12, 2017
Tyna Onwudiwe - Lyte Low (1991).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYofQ0kVhrs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage: 'Wizkid Inspires Me So Much' / D'banj Dancing On Stage With Ita-Giwa At Her Birthday Party (Photos) / Chidinma Kedike Looks Different In New Selfie (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.