Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,371 members, 7,943,931 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Fixing The Issue Of System Interrupts On Windows PC - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Fixing The Issue Of System Interrupts On Windows PC (882 Views)

Successfully Installed My First Hackintosh (mac Os X On A Windows Pc) / How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot / How To Clean And Optimize Your Windows Pc/laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fixing The Issue Of System Interrupts On Windows PC by leonard002(m): 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
I want to share with you the solution to a problem I once encountered with my PC sometime ago.

I used a program know as DriverPack Solution to update all my drivers. I was just trying out new stuff with the PC.

Before trying to do the update, everything was working perfectly. Windows update didn't indicate that any driver was obsolete, still I insisted on using that program to update my drivers.

Which brings us to this Warning.

If your PC is working fine, and Windows update doesn't indicate that there are obsolete drivers, do not try to use any driver tool to update.

You may download unsigned or unsupported drivers which may negatively affect your system like it did mine.

Always use windows update to check if there are any updates for your system. If not, it means your system is up to date to the best it can possibly be at that instant.

If you really need to download a particular driver, then it's very important you go to your system's manufacturer's website. Anywhere else may prove problematic.

Anyway, I opened the DriverPack Solutions program and started the updating process. It showed me the drivers that were presumably outdated and I clicked 'update all'.

After the updating process completed, I restarted the system. That is when the problem began. I noticed that my system was now significantly slow. I couldn't run games or some big programs. Everything was slowing down very significantly.

I opened task manager and checked what was consuming my PC resources. That is when I found this 'System Interrupts' thing.

It's in everyone's PC, but at less than 5% of PC processor usage. But mine at that time was up to 65% of total processor usage.

My PC then was almost useless to me since I can only do basic things which can consume only up to 35% or less, also considering the fact that other background programs still had their own share of the processor to use. To make matters worse, my PC is an AMD dual core 1.3GHz

I tried using google search to look for solutions. I checked Microsoft's help page and other windows forums. I tried a lot of the instructions I found on all the sites. I couldn't understand some of the instructions on some of the sites.

One easy way of course to fix this problem was to do a system restore and restore the PC to a previous point in time when I hadn't done the driver updates. But unfortunately for me, that wasn't working.

I had formatted and was now using the Recovery drive for my personal files.

I could reinstall windows entirely, but that would involve losing all my installed apps and other vital information. I didn't want that.

I knew I could find a solution if I kept looking.
Almost a week or more had passed. I was growing impatient.

A lot of the sites I visited kept telling me that System Interrupts involves a software or driver not fully supported by a hardware component of the PC. It was either this explanation or a more complicated version of it.

One page then instructed me to keep disabling my drivers one after the other to troubleshoot which driver was causing the problem.

I did exactly that and discovered that it was the Synaptics Touchpad driver.

I promptly went to device manager and rolled back the driver, and BINGO... the system interrupts was gone.

So, If you encounter a problem like I did, try the solution that I tried.

First try to restore your PC. If that doesn't work, try rolling back all your drivers one at a time, or try uninstalling the last program you installed before the problem started.

One of these will very likely solve the problem.

Credit: http://toochukwuleonard..nl/2015/11/fixing-issue-of-system-interrupts-in.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Click Me Please!!! / Spectranet 4G Router With The Powerbank That Last Up To 6-8hours / Mcafee Technical Support For Antivirus Installing And Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.