Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,882 members, 7,949,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (1782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1838533 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (2180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Babalegba(m): 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2020
DareyFortified:
A7pro stop coming up! help me abeg

it was delivered on the 10th of this month. and stop coming up today. what can I do
If you got it from Jumia express then it's still under warranty.Act quickly before the period expires
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by SeniorGee(m): 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lexusgs430:

For replacement screen...... It's Aliexpress......

Lack of sound, have you turned device off and on again?....

I have turned it of and on twice still same story. Speaker and external earpiece works..
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Hardeshyna(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2020
SeniorGee:

I have turned it of and on twice still same story. Speaker and external earpiece works..

check your phone for updates... update as necessary and let's see what's next
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2020
SeniorGee:

Press and hold the power button for 15secs till it comes on. Don't use the screen restart option...
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Creeza(m): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2020
Kennydollz:

This theory is totally not it sha, firstly both a7 pro and a5 pro have a ppi of 409, so I don't know where you got ur specs of 280 from, and the higher the ppi the sharper the screen (taking into account screen type used). Secondly i saw where you said samsung ppi doesn't go above 289 ppi, where is this information coming from tho, cos last time i checked the galaxy s3 from like 8years ago had a ppi of over 300 so....i dunno undecided, camera quality is a whole different thing unrelated to ppi, going by ur theory the galaxy s20 ultra with over 500+ppi has a crap screen right? Just saying tho, no offense intended, Thanks wink
I hide my face in shame grin

Thank God I said higher density displays colors and farther than realism...

More reason I prefer an LCD, or OLED anyday over AMOLED and LTPS.

Note... Samsung S20 utra you mentioned has a dynamic AMOLED x2 while the a7 pro has a color LTPs dispaly resolution respectively...

Oga atleast today you learnt why your smartphone will always display crisp colors when you buy them newly but then the reverse is the case after using for a while....
Have you asked yourself why Samsung Galaxy a10s was/and is still one of the best phones the brand ever made? And still a hot cake... Durability bro. Quality durability.

I'm not trying to shade Umidigi, no, I love the brand. But have you asked that guy that want stop sell his used A7pro the real reason behind it?

Again I hide my face in shame for myself and you. . cheesy

Next time check your facts before arguing too: A5 pro -282 ppi
A7 pro- 409 ppi

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by tunji2003(m): 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I think all this devices have been distributed to all that signified....... cool

Pleased to say they all received items FREE... ....

Those out of lagos, unfortunately had to pay waybill charges (I get still pickins wey need my moni).....…. grin cheesy
I confirmed the receipt of cracked screen A3 pro free courtesy of Oga Lexusgs430 way-billed to Kwara State facilitated by Oga Saint2ace thank you all God bless Umifamily
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Redpanter11(m): 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2020
Creeza:
I'm more concerned about the PPI ( pixel per inch) , the a5 has an optimum level of aroun 271-280 but the a7pro is almost 300, that sometimes can make picture quality distorted and streched.

BUT ANYWAYS how can I get the a7pro, I'm in Benin City.
What are you saying? I've never been more confused in my life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Creeza(m): 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2020
Redpanter11:

What are you saying? I've never been more confused in my life.
Don't worry... Im confused myself. It doesn't matter anymore. Just do a little research and know your smartphone specs a little bit more. Thanks
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
Creeza:

Note... Samsung S20 utra you mentioned has a dynamic AMOLED x2 while the a7 pro has a color LTPs dispaly resolution respectively...

Oga atleast today you learnt why your smartphone will always display crisp colors when you buy them newly but then the reverse is the case after using for a while....
Have you asked yourself why Samsung Galaxy a10s was/and is still one of the best phones the brand ever made? And still a hot cake... Durability bro. Quality durability.

I'm not trying to shade Umidigi, no, I love the brand. But have you asked that guy that want stop sell his used A7pro the real reason behind it?

A7 pro- 409 ppi

Bro carry calculator, check how to calculate ppi on google, after doing that ehn... Calculate both devices ppi.. both have a 6.3inch screen, with same 1080*2340 resolution and u still dey believe mistake from a site that doesn't know it made a mistake, na me even shame for u pass sef

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Creeza(m): 8:22pm On Oct 19, 2020
Kennydollz:

Bro carry calculator, check how to calculate ppi on google, after doing that ehn... Calculate both devices ppi.. both have a 6.3inch screen, with same 1080*2340 resolution and u still dey believe mistake from a site that doesn't know it made a mistake, na me even shame for u pass sef
I hear. Lets bury the hatchet..

Still how much is the A7pro, redpanter11?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Redpanter11(m): 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2020
Creeza:
crisp on yours on his? I want to know because even Samsung phones rarely have above 289ppi... But their shots are very close to reality and not filled with unnecessary colors and beautification
Are you talking about camera pixels, or the display shocked shocked

PPI is calculated using screen resolution and the display size.
Umidigi A7 Pro a 2340 × 1080 (Fhd) 6.3 inch display will be calculated thus;
Root of (10802 + 23402) / 6.3 = 409ppi

The higher the PPI the better the display.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Creeza(m): 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
Redpanter11:

Umidigi A7 Pro a 2340 × 1080 Fhd 6.3 inch display will be calculated thus;

Okay sir. Answer me. I asked you something. Thanks
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
Creeza:

A7 pro- 409 ppi

A screen displaying colors doesn't relate to its density or whatever, its due to screen technology and calibration oga, a galaxy s3 displays more colors than a7 pro despite a7 pro having a much higher density than it so i nor even understand your point, an a7 pro displays more colors than a LG G3 despite the lg having a higher density (I've put both side by side)...
A10s one of the best Samsung has ever made? Due to durability?U heard of the s5 active abi? Or the s4 or every other samsung fone out there? Kai oga i weak for you.... Degrades over time? Even OLEDs degrade faster than the untrusted LTPS you are talking about...
Shey u need real ass colors with low ppi density on ur device? Buy Tecno POP 2... it's LCD with a less than 200ppi, even iPhone won't suit u cos it's high density doesn't display true and realistic colors. And next time do ur homework properly, nor dey to chk that ur site again, i believe say dem nor mean to mislead u if u know ur stuff. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 8:30pm On Oct 19, 2020
Redpanter11:

Umidigi A7 Pro a 2340 × 1080 (Fhd) 6.3 inch display will be calculated thus;

Finally!!! Thank you abeg
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Redpanter11(m): 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2020
Creeza:

#46900 at the moment, 4gb 64gb

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2020
Creeza:

Alright sir, i salute you wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Creeza(m): 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2020
Kennydollz:

A screen displaying colors doesn't relate to its density or whatever, its due to screen technology and calibration oga, a galaxy s3 displays more colors than a7 pro despite a7 pro having a much higher density than it so i nor even understand your point, an a7 pro displays more colors than a LG G3 despite the lg having a higher density (I've put both side by side)...
A10s one of the best Samsung has ever made? Due to durability?U heard of the s5 active abi? Or the s4 or every other samsung fone out there? Kai oga i weak for you.... Degrades over time? Even OLEDs degrade faster than the untrusted LTPS you are talking about...
Shey u need real ass colors with low ppi density on ur device? Buy Tecno POP 2... it's LCD with a less than 200ppi, even iPhone won't suit u cos it's high density doesn't display true and realistic colors. And next time do ur homework properly, nor dey to chk that ur site again, i believe say dem nor mean to mislead u if u know ur stuff. Thanks.
Lol .... Okay sir. I won't check the site again, from now you are my official specs consultant. Happy? cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2020
Creeza:
Lol .... Okay sir. I won't check the site again, from now you are my official specs consultant. Happy? cheesy

We get lecturers here, na them go do the work... oga lexusgs430 neva gree promote me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Creeza(m): 8:40pm On Oct 19, 2020
Redpanter11:

#46900 at the moment, 4gb 64gb
Alright I'll contact you as soon as I can make payment.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Creeza(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2020
Kennydollz:

We get lecturers here, na them go do the work... oga lexusgs430 neva gree promote me grin
Soro soke o, do the needful make he promote quick quick.. #dontoffMic grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by SeniorGee(m): 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2020
saint2ace:

Press and hold the power button for 15secs till it comes on. Don't use the screen restart option...

Still no show. Hope say e Neva spoil oo cry
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by SeniorGee(m): 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hardeshyna:

check your phone for updates... update as necessary and let's see what's next

It's very up to date
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
tunji2003:

I confirmed the receipt of cracked screen A3 pro free courtesy of Oga Lexusgs430 way-billed to Kwara State facilitated by Oga Saint2ace thank you all God bless Umifamily

Glad it got to u okay, enjoy Ur device....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Redpanter11(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2020
Creeza:
crisp on yours on his? I want to know because even Samsung phones rarely have above 289ppi... But their shots are very close to reality and not filled with unnecessary colors and beautification
Display ppi has nothing to do with camera quality though....

A Samsung phone with 289ppi has an HD display. A Qhd 6.3 inch display will be above 500ppi... The higher the PPI the better the display. So don't think lower ppi is better.

This is the ppi of Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra, a 6.9 Inch display.

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by alfredo1(m): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2020
WC umidigi device can I get for 30k?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Omenaukor(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2020
theoneJabulani:
if you need panel, it's available
How much?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Emily22(m): 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
Creeza:

Don't forget to contact me for the protector

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Creeza(m): 10:22pm On Oct 19, 2020
Emily22:

Don't forget to contact me for the protector
okay boss

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2020
All this further maths for all PPI patrol crew?.......

Biko, just buy and enjoy your devices...... Snap in raw and manipulate to your heart's content........... grin

The day I grab calculator, for PPI issues or any smartphone related issues...... Make i barf with my cloth, pant and singlet......... grin

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:02pm On Oct 19, 2020
tunji2003:

Enjoy........ cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2020
Kennydollz:

This thread does not deserve you....... Go find job for open University.........

This Umiversity is still growing........... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by DareyFortified: 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
Creeza:

I will advice you not too, buy A9 instead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (2180) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.