Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,283 members, 7,887,828 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:39 PM

Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, (21933 Views)

Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! / Breaking News: CIA, FBI storm Nigeria; quiz Muttalab snr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by ruskiee(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2009
The question is -how was he able to get on the plane undetected with those devices strapped on, after going through airport security.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by jeez: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2009
i hear the chap was in the toilet for twenty minutes without disturbance. This simply means he could have blown up the plane from the toilet. I suggest that going forward the security authorities should sacrifice privacy and institute some form of security like big brother cameras in the toilet . Nothing is too much to save innocent lives.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by ezeagu(m): 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2009
jeez:

i hear the chap was in the toilet for twenty minutes without disturbance. This simply means he could have blown up the plane from the toilet. I suggest that going forward the security authorities should sacrifice privacy and institute some form of security like big brother cameras in the toilet . Nothing is too much to save innocent lives.

As a security guard gets off of you in the toilet. undecided
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Beaf: 6:07pm On Dec 27, 2009
Abeg jare!

Hull   0 - 1   Man Utd (halftime)

Make una enjoy una holiday instead of tinking of dat blasted Abdul Muttalab (wen don blow up im testicles at a young age). Tonda fire im yansh! grin
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by willyspace(m): 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2009
"Were the proper security checks performed?

Yes, say Dutch authorities, who say he passed through normal procedures and that "security was well-performed." He is known to have passed through a metal detector and his luggage was X-rayed. Extra attention is normally applied to passengers arriving from Nigeria because of concerns over fraud and smuggling. Nevertheless airports around the world have stepped up security procedures in the wake of the incident, increasing pat-downs and secondary searches.
"

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/27/airline.attack.qanda/index.html

Its about getting worst. Our balls will be sniffed out at them airports by those shit eating dogs. Hope ones testicles don't get chopped of by the hungry dogs.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by cap28: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2009
ezeagu:

Actually I wouldn't talk about slavery and Islam. . . . . . Europeans were involved in it for 400 years, Arabs for 1200 years. . .

Plus the amount of people killed in Jihad . . . . . .

well im quite happy to talk about slavery and islam as there is no way you can equate the degradation and dehumanisation of africans at the hands of the whites to the trafficking of black africans by arab slave traders.

i dont recall arabs herding africans into the holds of ships and throwing them into the atlantic ocean en route all in the name of trying to claim insurance payouts.

europeans were involved in it for 400 years but for a reason - first of all they were competing amongst each other for control of the "evil trade" britain was on top but france was threatening their monopoly, so what did britain do - yeah you guessed it they decided to abolish it for being inhumane. but later carried on under a different name colonialism and apartheid - do you see why ghandi said the british could not be trusted in the dark?    

but thats not the point  - 400 years was enough to give britain and the US the economic headstart which has propelled them into the current position that they now enjoy. also the threat of slave revolts (read haitian history) meant that holding human beings in bondage was now proving to be a very dangerous exercise which many whites were now loosing their lives over (again read haitian history) also with the coming of the industrial revolution, the whites realised that there were other ways in which people of african ancestry could be enslaved - fast forward to present day institutionalised racism used against blacks in western countries and colonialism and neo colonialism used to reenslave blacks in africa.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Obiakara: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2009
Let's just forget all this, this innocent boy should have been stoped if not for the level of corruption in Nigeria. . .

Why would somebody who's parents own an apartment in London which they pay rentals of $2,000,000 (dats 2mil   dollars a year) just accommodation . . . multiply that by N250 that's half a billion Naira, on rent per year in the UK alone.

The boy is useless. . and I praise his parents for alerting the US embassy about their son's problem. . . but again with the level of corruption in Nigeria, he managed to get a US visa and also travel even though his name was in thier database of possible terror suspect.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Obiakara: 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
Let's just forget all this, this innocent boy should have been stoped if not for the level of corruption in Nigeria. . .

Why would somebody who's parents own an apartment in London which they pay rentals of $2,000,000 (dats 2mil   dollars a year) just accommodation . . . multiply that by N250 that's half a billion Naira, on rent per year in the UK alone.

The boy is useless. . and I praise his parents for alerting the US embassy about their son's problem. . . but again with the level of corruption in Nigeria, he managed to get a US visa and also travel even though his name was in thier database of possible terror suspect.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by willyspace(m): 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ Beaf, stop distracting us from the real issues. Hull 1 ; Man Utd 1

Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by ayomidej(f): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
What a SHAME and a disgrace to Nigeria, now the country is blacklisted as a terrorist country. I feel sorry for geniune people travelling to the States or any other Country, visa will now better harder to get. The country is better off be known for 419 than a terrorist country.

Well done Man Utd 3 Hull 1
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by cap28: 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2009
jeez:

yeah he could have blown up the plane while inside the toilet - which begs the question why didnt he?

why did he go back to his seat sit down and in full view of other passengers try to light up what was described as a fire cracker TWENTY MINUTES BEFORE LANDING!!!

jeez i would suggest that you take a look at the US patriot act which was enacted in 2001 immediately after 9/11 which effectively has taken away almost all civil liberties of american citizens and then maybe all of this might start making sense - here is a brief excerpt of what it covers:

The Act increases the ability of law enforcement agencies to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial, and other records; eases restrictions on foreign intelligence gathering within the United States; expands the Secretary of the Treasury’s authority to regulate financial transactions, particularly those involving foreign individuals and entities; and enhances the discretion of law enforcement and immigration authorities in detaining and deporting immigrants suspected of terrorism-related acts. The act also expands the definition of terrorism to include domestic terrorism, thus enlarging the number of activities to which the USA PATRIOT Act’s expanded law enforcement powers can be applied
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Beaf: 7:07pm On Dec 27, 2009
willyspace:

@ Beaf, stop distracting us from the real issues. Hull 1 ; Man Utd 1

Correction. . .
Hull 1 ; Man Utd 3 grin
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by tunnytox(m): 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2009
Don't mind the US embassy in Lagos/Abj, if this would be suicide bomber is an ordinary Nigerian citizen they won't give him visa but because his father is a big man he got the visa so easily, Tha fact remains that the US visa policy of awarding visa based on the state of mind of the visa officer rather than conducting proper interview and checks will enable many others to slip through the net,

if this bloke has been properly interview they could have got a clue of his intention from the interview, they gave him a visa to attend a religious conference in the US and they didn't even bother to ascertain what the conference is all about,

what bothers me most is just the fact that Nigeria's already battered image has been badly damaged again, these people will now make our journey more difficult because its very easy for them to label Nigerians so quickly despite the fact that many other countries UK inclusive probably have more potential suicide bombers than Nigeria
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Obiakara: 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ tunnytox, nice one. . . i don't blame the boy. . . like you said if a proper interview was conducted, all this will not happen i'm sure he didn't even appear for visa
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by phuckNL: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2009
tunnytox:

Don't mind the US embassy in Lagos/Abj, if this would be suicide bomber is an ordinary Nigerian citizen they won't give him visa but because his father is a big man he got the visa so easily, Tha fact remains that the US visa policy of awarding visa based on the state of mind of the visa officer rather than conducting proper interview and checks will enable many others to slip through the net,

if this bloke has been properly interview they could have got a clue of his intention from the interview, they gave him a visa to attend a religious conference in the US and they didn't even bother to ascertain what the conference is all about,

what bothers me most is just the fact that Nigeria's already battered image has been badly damaged again, these people will now make our journey more difficult because its very easy for them to label Nigerians so quickly despite the fact that many other countries UK inclusive probably have more potential suicide bombers than Nigeria

Confirm your stories properly or read/watch the news carefully.
He was issued a US visa in 2008 in LONDON.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Obiakara: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
it's not about confirming your stories properly, if the UK embassy is giving out a visa for non UK residents, the embassy would have to do a background check from the applicants home country in this case they will laise with the embassy in nigeria, if they had done it properly, they would have noticed that this individual is listed as a terror suspect.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Beaf: 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2009
phuck_NL:

Rubbish. He was given a visa to attend a religious function in the US.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Princek12(m): 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2009
Obiakara:

it's not about confirming your stories properly, if the UK embassy is giving out a visa for non UK residents, the embassy would have to do a background check from the applicants home country in this case they will laise with the embassy in nigeria, if they had done it properly, they would have noticed that this individual is listed as a terror suspect.
e
The US embassy approved his multiple U.S. visa before his father notified the U.S. embassy in Abuja of his son's strange and radicalized behavior. With regards to issue of whether the U.S. embassy in the UK would have discovered the information known to the U.S. embassy in Abuja, the issuing embassy should not have to contact the embassy in the home state of the applicant to be informed of such important information. The U.S. embassy in the U.K. usually has access to the database of suspect travelers.

The threshold question is why did the U.S. allow him to fly despite the fact that the father informed the U.S. embassy last month of his son's radicalized behavior and plans to "do something" against the U.S.? And even if allowed to fly, why was he not subject to more stringent security measures such as a strip search or a bomb scan or reverse-scatter scanning? Somebody dropped the mutha f'ing ball.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2009
Nawa o,so d guy dey for facebook self?i hv a muslim friend on facebook frm katsina too.No wonder,d guy has been so vocal & passionate abt islamic religion.I bet i had beta removed d guy sharp!sharp b4 he tries his own taliban act Lmao, infact,let me remove him nw sharply.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by HIO4: 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2009
Loveangel:

Nawa o,so d guy dey for facebook self?i hv a muslim friend on facebook frm katsina too.No wonder,d guy has been so vocal & passionate abt islamic religion.I bet i had beta removed d guy sharp!sharp b4 he tries his own taliban act Lmao, infact,let me remove him nw sharply.
I'm still finding it hard to register what you just typed. It is unblended and it makes no common sense.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by LadyT(f): 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2009
Insult your religion?

What religion preaches peace then in the same breath allows promises 327388392482 virgins to sucide bombers. Are you people mad?

Truth hurts I know
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by HIO4: 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2009
Some of you have a difficult time understanding that there are religious extremists who are both muslim and christian.
Some people are just doggone devoid of rational thoughts whenever their phobia kicks in.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by tunnytox(m): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2009
phuck_NL:

It doeasn't matter where he got his visa from the US embassy has the same standard procedure for issuing visa. The fact remains that he got his visa from US emabbsy after telling them he's attending a religious ceremony, see this qoute from the Telegraph,

Abdulmutallab was issued with a visa to the US on June 16 last year, coinciding with the completion of his UCL course. The visa was valid until June 12, 2010. His reason given for visiting the US was to attend a religious ceremony.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/6891348/Detroit-attack-Umar-Farouk-Abdulmutallab-from-London-student-to-jihadist.html
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by labiz001: 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ meta-gong. ''Death to Allah/mohammed which ever.''

Look at u, u re no better than the abokis that hear go from their leaders and never bother to ask WHY? You should be ashamed not to ever think Olorun/Chineke/Allah does not mean the creator of the universe. You better watch what you say to God to avoid the wrath of God on you.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Leefrancis(m): 8:49pm On Dec 27, 2009
Lets give this incidence some benefits of doubt, ,it could be farouk was trying to celebrate the season wit knock-out like all Nigerian kids,only he forgot where he was and that he is no longer a kid, ,I have no pity for his father Umaru Mutallab, who is a close Associate of Great Baba Iyabo conieving to distroy our blessed economy.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2009
Crude Oil:

Are you mad?
Nope.
I'm not mad.
However, it'd be nice to know how your initial statement relates to the subject matter.

If you can't answer it without being surly then please ignore my comment/question/statement.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by PapaBrowne(m): 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2009
Funniest picture I have seen in a while!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Novice1(m): 10:21pm On Dec 27, 2009
metal gong or whatever u call ur self softly ooooooo
word is enough for the wise
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by lastpage: 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2009
I find it very curious:
-On one hand, First Bank Staff are one of the poorest-paid bankers in Nigeria and the "father" was the Chairman till 2weeks ago
- The boy lives in central London, in an apartment owned by his father, paying 2Million pounds annually!
- He gets a Visa for an "Islamic Conference" in the U.S! (not Saudi Arabia o!!)

So, whats a 23yr old doing in a billion naira apartment?
Where did the "father" get the money to maintain such apartment (and its not his only house!)

In a country where Children die of preventable diseases, where some cant even afford one meal/day, where some people die in hospital lobby because they cant pay "#5,000 deposit"; in a country where women die in labour because "NEPA" has struck, in a country where banks are sacking thousands, a few days before year end and they would not pay "correct dividend" because the bank is not making profit!

WHERE DID THIS FAT CAT GET ALL THE MONEY HE IS WASTING ON THAT APARTMENT (AND THAT NEMESIS OF A BOY)?

These wicked Nigerians need to understand that what they do to "ordinary Nigerians" will come back and haunt them, one way or the other.

The ill-gotten wealth (even Bill Gates does not burn his money like this!) they rustled from others in other to spend on themselves and their own, will bring them sorrow in their old age.

I hope Babangida is reflecting right now, , with all the 2.8Billion dollars Gulf war, oil wind-fall (and Bongos Ikwe's son), with all the posh-apartments in Cayman Islands, "All is Vanity", when the Giver of Life calls!

Blood Money!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by sage(m): 11:53pm On Dec 27, 2009
@caps28

not to deviate from the topic at hand, but can you pls stop with this victimhood crap. Slave this slave that angry. Africans are the biggest excuse makers in the history of mankind. Weak minded as hell and only complain and blame others for our misfortune and incompetencies. Its the same reason that Arabs enslaved us by the tens of millions for thousands of years and the same reason the Europeans repeated and exercerbated the trade.

All we do is whinge left and right. Poor us we are always victims, everybody is taking advantage of us, mistreating us, oppressing us bla bla bla rather than realizing that our problem is fully internal

We keep attributing the success of Western Nations to slavery. Maybe if not for slavery and slave labour Norway, Finland and Germany will  be worse than Nigeria tongue tongue . Maybe Asian countries like Japan, Malaysia and Korea will be like Congo DRC

While we keep making excuses even Vietnam shocked shocked is now better than 95% of African countries shocked shocked

But since we have been pronounced the World's permanent victim lets keep whining cry.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by sage(m): 12:11am On Dec 28, 2009
@GL

I agree with you on the diversity thing. If our problem was one or the other we could overcome it much more easily. Ethnicity and Religion is a volatile mix, esp when you add diff Languages, customs, traditions etc into the mix though I dont think the actions of a few individuals should be used against a whole group of people.

@cap28

With regards to the Western media being manipulative, I agree with you on that. Some of them have agendas so the average guy should not take it all without caution
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by jess5(f): 12:27am On Dec 28, 2009
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

FFK Rejects Ali Modu's Appointment As PDP Chairman,he Founded Boko Haram / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Azibaola Roberts / Abdulmumin Jibrin Undergoes Dope Test At National Hospital (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.