Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,114 members, 7,880,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:42 PM

The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! (5258 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Woman Gets A Glimpse Of Hell After Suicide Attempt / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by akered: 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2009
His name is called SAMSON!!!!!!

All hard-line bible thumpers should emulate him!!!!!
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Tudor6(f): 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2009
Come to think of it, you're right!!!
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Krayola(m): 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
;d ;d

Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Horus(m): 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2009
akered:

His name is called SAMSON!!!!!!

All hard-line bible thumpers should emulate him!!!!!

Mmnhh!!, I see, now we know where the muslims get this idea of suicide bomber.
They get it from the bible.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Krayola(m): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2009
I wonder if anyone stopped to think if there would have been Muslim victims on that plane.

This isn't an us vs them issue. We are all victims. Muslims are just ashamed of this as Christians are ashamed of the crusades. . .
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by tunnytox(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2009
very retarded statement started by an obviously mentally retarded individual, suicide bomb and samson? what a correlation, dumbass
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Tudor6(f): 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2009
^^
Do you not know the meaning of suicide? Illiterate.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by tunnytox(m): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2009
Tudór:

^^
Do you not know the meaning of suicide? Illiterate.

and do you know the meaning of a BOMB? you need to go back to primary school, 
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by akered: 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2009
tunnytox:

very retarded statement started by an obviously mentally retarded individual, suicide bomb and samson? what a correlation, dumbass

If you cannot see the correlation, maybe your eyes have been removed like Samson!  Maybe with a large part of the brain.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Tudor6(f): 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2009
tunnytox:

and do you know the meaning of a BOMB? you need to go back to primary school, 
use your brain cells and figure out the corelation. . .thats if you have them.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by skfa1: 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2009
Dont fight peeps, na that stupid boy cause all this argument now.

Pls lets be friends
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by tunnytox(m): 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2009
akered:

If you cannot see the correlation, maybe your eyes have been removed like Samson!  Maybe with a large part of the brain.

I have no doubt in my mind that you obviously need your head examined, you started a completly useless thread with absolutely no correlation with you statement and your thread topic, despite this you still think you need to argue.

I'll tell you what I won't do you a favour to populate this thread, i'll never have a part in mediocrity, I'm outta here
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by No2Atheism(m): 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2009
Tudór:

use your brain cells and figure out the corelation. . .thats if you have them.

angry

Tudor what would you do if someone discovered a drug that makes it impossible to insult people within english sentences . . .

------------------------------------

@topic

Technically speaking . . . one can call what Samson did a suicide . . .however why don't you remove the reference of "bomb" since there is nothing like bomb in the account
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Tudor6(f): 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2009
Can you please define insult for me?

It seems like I work with a totally different definition.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by akered: 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2009
No2Atheism:

@topic

Technically speaking . . . one can call what Samson did a suicide . . .however why don't you remove the reference of "bomb" since there is nothing like bomb in the account

The thought came to me after the news of the Nigerian Mutallab attempted bombing of an airline.  The aim of the post is to show that there is nothing new under the sun.  The fact that Samson did not use an explosive device is immaterial.  Bible thumpers will tell you their bible heros only did good stuff.  Evil has existed since biblical times.  Infact the evil in those days will make what we have now look like a tea party.  Read Deut: 13
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by skfa1: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2009
Tudor and tunnytox , its ok , just take it easy
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by eldee(m): 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2009
tunnytox:

Aiite . . . we dont need to play dumb around here.
We're educated here, we know he's using the word 'bomb' out of it's literal meaning.
In this context, it's more to do with mass killings.

And yes, I see a correlation between Samson's suicide killings and the terrorists.

I see both of them as wrong and disgraceful. wink
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by theseeker2: 9:58pm On Dec 27, 2009
lousy thread. but funny anyway grin
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by jcross22: 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2009
AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH OH OH OH OH OH DO YOU READ THE STORY BEFORE COMING HERE TO MAKE A LOUSY POST. JUST GO AND READ THE STORY. WHO ENCOURAGE HIM TO DID THAT OR DID HE DO IT WILLINGLY?
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by macayub(m): 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2009
READ THIS BIBLE ACCOUNT

21 So the Phi‧lis′tines grabbed hold of him and bored his eyes out and brought him down to Ga′za and bound him with two fetters of copper; and he came to be a grinder in the prison house. 22 Meanwhile the hair of his head started to grow luxuriantly as soon as he had been shaved.
23 As for the Phi‧lis′tine axis lords, they gathered together to sacrifice a great sacrifice to Da′gon their god and for rejoicing, and they kept saying: “Our god has given into our hand Samson our enemy!” 24 When the people got to see him, they at once gave way to praising their god, “because,” said they, “our god has given into our hand our enemy and the devastator of our land and the one who multiplied our slain.”
25 And it came about that because their heart was merry, they began to say: “Call Samson that he may offer us some amusement.” So they called Samson out of the prison house that he might make sport before them; and they proceeded to stand him between the pillars. 26 Then Samson said to the boy that was holding him by his hand: “Do permit me to feel the pillars upon which the house is firmly established and let me lean against them.” 27 (Incidentally, the house was full of men and women and all the Phi‧lis′tine axis lords were there; and upon the roof there were about three thousand men and women who were looking on while Samson offered some amusement.)
28 Samson now called to Jehovah and said: “Sovereign Lord Jehovah, remember me, please, and strengthen me, please, just this once, O you the [true] God, and let me avenge myself upon the Phi‧lis′tines with vengeance for one of my two eyes.”
29 With that Samson braced himself against the two middle pillars upon which the house was firmly established, and got a grasp on them, one with his right and the other with his left hand. 30 And Samson proceeded to say: “Let my soul die with the Phi‧lis′tines.” Then he bent himself with power, and the house went falling upon the axis lords and upon all the people that were in it, so that the dead that he put to death in his own death came to be more than those he had put to death during his lifetime.
31 Later his brothers and all the household of his father came on down and lifted him up and brought him up and buried him between Zo′rah and Esh′ta‧ol in the burial place of Ma‧no′ah his father. As for him, he had judged Israel twenty years.
Judges 16: 21 - 31

From my own understanding of this Bible account Samson is not the same with the extremist suicide bombers con terrorist:

First, the Philistines had torture him to the existent of removing his two eyes and dehumanizing him,  that is different from someone who is living in a 4-million pounds mansion in a street of London.

Secondly, he was brought to their midst so that they can mock him before their god, Dagon,  something detestable.

Thirdly, It was only those pagans that a feasting at that particular point in time,  unlike terrorist attack that affect both faithful and non-faithful  - terrorist suicide bombers even kill their young.

Fourth, Judge Samson ONLY attacked the people that torture him and are willing to kill him,  the Philistine and Israelite are at war

Conclusion; tell your terrorist suicide brothers to go to war front if they want to prove themselves as heroes not as cowards. let them fight the soldiers that are fighting them, they should stop disturb our peace. They can go and take armor in Afghanistan or Iraq if they wish.

So I think it is better you always use your brain before you co-relate and compare issues.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by ancel(m): 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2009
What is self defence? Shame on an army if a prisoner of war, in their captivity, outwits them &brings destruction to them &their politicians in the process. All is fair in love &war. Samson was a prisoner of war, and not a terrorist.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by eldee(m): 3:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
macayub:

From my own understanding of this Bible account Samson is not the same with the extremist suicide bombers con terrorist:

First, the Philistines had torture him to the existent of removing his two eyes and dehumanizing him,  that is different from someone who is living in a 4-million pounds mansion in a street of London.

You've not seen extremely poor suicide bombers before??
The suicide bombers from Palestine that have lost every family they know in the war??
You think that's not dehumanizing??
I'm not saying this is right, but I'm just pointing out that this excuse is bogus.

macayub:

Secondly, he was brought to their midst so that they can mock him before their god, Dagon, something detestable.
It was a war yes, that doesn't mean it wasn't suicide killing.

macayub:

Thirdly, It was only those pagans that a feasting at that particular point in time, unlike terrorist attack that affect both faithful and non-faithful - terrorist suicide bombers even kill their young.
Hehehe . . . he killed only 'pagans' so that makes it right??
You think there weren't young people at the feast??

macayub:

Fourth, Judge Samson ONLY attacked the people that torture him and are willing to kill him, the Philistine and Israelite are at war

The Americans and the Arabs are at war too.
Osama will get a capital punishment if he falls into the hands of the Americans today.
So your argument doesn't just cut it.

At the end of the day . . . Samson did exactly what the Iraqi suicide bombers did.
We don't need to distort facts just because of our religious beliefs.

Let me just add that I see any form of violence as wrong and totally pointless . . . regardless of the cause you're fighting for.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Digriz(m): 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2009
Ur a beast!
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by mamagee3(f): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2009
Was Samson a suicide bomber? shocked shocked
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by macayub(m): 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2009
eldee
The Americans and the Arabs are at war too.
Osama will get a capital punishment if he falls into the hands of the Americans today.

Osama is a COWARD he should wait to fight or be captured by American soldiers if you want to equate him with Samson; not for him (Osama) to be sending some brainwashed individual to there early grave in the name of fighting for Islam. What a poor people!

The Bible account did not say that Samson was sent to kill himself by unnamed selfish people. Open your eyes a Suicide Bomber must be sent out.

Suicide Bombers are brainwashed people (e.g. Umar Mutallib) that are being sent out by selfish individual (e.g. Osama bin Ladden), who are afraid of death but sent others to their early grave. His brother Sad-man Hussein was captured with American Dollars, open your eyes.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by honeric01(m): 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2009
Uhm, not worth it.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2009
Nonsense.those supporting d poster.can u identify where d bible mentioned where samson killed innocent people? God permitted samson to kill becos he prayed read judges 16 vs 28-30.d present extremism of terrorist kill innocent pple.SAMSON killed only philistines,who did evil to him.D 6000+ pple bin laden killed which included Nigerians how many of them did evil to bin laden or if farouk had succeeded in killing more dan 200pple how many americans would be among? Lets stop dis madness of calling samson a terrorist.Theres no correlation at all btw killing innocent pple&killing enemies
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Seun(m): 2:07am On Dec 29, 2009
toba:

Nonsense.those supporting d poster.can u identify where d bible mentioned where samson killed innocent people? God permitted samson to kill becos he prayed read judges 16 vs 28-30.d present extremism of terrorist kill innocent pple.SAMSON killed only philistines,who did evil to him.D 6000+ pple bin laden killed which included Nigerians how many of them did evil to bin laden or if farouk had succeeded in killing more dan 200pple how many americans would be among? Lets stop dis madness of calling samson a terrorist.Theres no correlation at all btw killing innocent pple&killing enemies
All the people in the building did not do evil to him.
Some of them must have been slaves, servants, and children.
Some of them may even have been silent sympathisers.
If there were other prisoners like Samson they would have died too.
And frankly, he was arrested for killing many of them, often for no reason.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by ancel(m): 2:30am On Dec 29, 2009
@Seun:

ancel:

What is self defence? Shame on an army if a prisoner of war, in their captivity, outwits them &brings destruction to them &their politicians in the process. All is fair in love &war. Samson was a prisoner of war, and not a terrorist.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by mantraa: 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2009
Samson's Final Mass Murder

Judges 16:26
Samson said to the young man who held his hand, 'Put me where I can feel the pillars that support this temple, so I can lean on them.'

Judges 16:27
Now the temple was crowded with men and women. All the Philistine leaders were there, plus about three thousand men and women on the terrace to watch Samson entertain.

Judges 16:28
Samson called out to Yahweh, saying, 'Lord Yahweh, remember me. Give me strength one more time so that with one act I can take revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes!'

Judges 16:29
Then Samson put his hands on the two central pillars that supported the temple and he braced himself against them, with his right hand on one and his left hand on the other.

Judges 16:30
Samson said, 'Let me die with the Philistines!' as he pushed with all his might.

And the temple collapsed on the leaders and all the people in it.

And so Samson killed many more people with his death than he had killed during his life.

Samson was a mass murderer, womaniser and suicidal terrorist. It seems that one mans Psychopathic maniac is another mans hero.
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by lawrence83: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
mama-gee:

Was Samson a suicide bomber? shocked shocked
he was pulling down pillars
may be u could call him a Pillar's puller grin grin
But certainly not suicide bomber.
may b pillars were bombs in the days of old. . . . . . . .On a second thot wink wink
Re: The First Suicide Bomber Is In The Bible! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2009
akered:

The thought came to me after the news of the Nigerian Mutallab attempted bombing of an airline.  The aim of the post is to show that there is nothing new under the sun.  The fact that Samson did not use an explosive device is immaterial.  Bible thumpers will tell you their bible heros only did good stuff.  Evil has existed since biblical times.  Infact the evil in those days will make what we have now look like a tea party.  Read Deut: 13

so evil has existed for long but you're here shouting perhaps because you feel all your ancestors were lily white saints who never did any evil?

Bible thumpers will tell you their bible heros only did good stuff

typical lying darwin thumping atheist

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.