Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,023 members, 7,919,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:22 AM

... - Agriculture (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (326058 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by mikeeze(m): 3:13pm On May 07, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

What's your timetable?

Re: ... by dionpholly(m): 3:15pm On May 08, 2019
Can anyone recommend a good multivitamin and blood tonic for broilers chick
Re: ... by Lalakas: 5:36pm On May 08, 2019
Some of my birds can't walk, they sit to eat. I have being giving them calcium.

Seeing small improvement. Any recommendations?

They seem to be having bigger legs. They sit to eat most of the time

Broilers too have wahala. If na cockerel no issue

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 08, 2019
dionpholly:
Amintotal or Miavet
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 08, 2019
Lalakas:

Get a Amintotal and keprofoscal liquid calcium. Combine both if possible for best results.
Re: ... by Turks: 5:41am On May 09, 2019
Signs of pullorum[quote author=mikeeze post=78109146][/quote]
Re: ... by Turks: 5:42am On May 09, 2019
Vitaminolyte
Amintotal
Miavit

Any of the above listed would do just fine.
dionpholly:

1 Like

Re: ... by Turks: 5:43am On May 09, 2019
This is why you need to give calcium supplements from day old to avoid the legs collapsing under them due weight.
Lalakas:

Re: ... by mikeeze(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2019
Turks:
Signs of pullorum
. Yea.. Thanks, how do I solve it..
Re: ... by Turks: 8:04pm On May 09, 2019
Get amoxicillin
mikeeze:
. Yea.. Thanks, how do I solve it..
Re: ... by Lalakas: 11:19pm On May 09, 2019
Thanks Emma and Turks.

They have improved. I will look out for the supplements tomorrow for better results.

They are two weeks today. Doing great except the legs looking beg and they can't walk well.
Re: ... by Bluebellsfarm: 1:44pm On May 10, 2019
Hello am a poultry farmer. I have about 1000 live broiler chickens that is for sale at the moment in case you’re interested please contact me on this number 08036059110 and ask for a chat with Taiwo .Kind Regards

1 Like

Re: ... by charitysk: 5:08pm On May 10, 2019
Did you know you can makes millions of Naira in your fish farm?
Have you taught of how other farmers are doing?
Are you tired of feeding without getting a profitable result?
Do you know you can save cost? Wait, I have a good news for you. Vital Feed is the answer. Don't waste time while your colleagues are making huge profit.

Re: ... by mikeeze(m): 1:20am On May 14, 2019
Turks:
Get amoxicillin
thanks sir... I would want to get doc (broiler) from you agrited... Hw much do you sale? .. I stay at offa, kwara state.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: ... by faridpac2: 6:04pm On May 14, 2019
[quote author=bispope post=77181175]Happy new month good friends and great farmers.

Please, I have followed this thread from the beginning and got encouraged to start broiler farm. I bought 50 day old broiler (Agrited). They were all doing well until today.

I just lost three (3) birds. They are 37 days today. This is so painful and I can't trace what is wrong.

Please, I need urgent help.[/quote

If your broilers is healthy but it sudden death this occur at a result of heat stress if there is too much heat during hot weather broilers get heart attack to stop sudden death syndrome place your broilers In cool room,supply cool fresh water and stop feeding broilers with broilers starter feed if they are above 5 weeks give them broilers finisher
Re: ... by Lalakas: 8:18pm On May 14, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Get a Amintotal and keprofoscal liquid calcium. Combine both if possible for best results.

I don't get these combo.

I had to buy dr Mayer's calcium. 133% calcium. They are still not working though i got that yesterday. I used this particular brand last time and the bird started walking the second say.

Ten birds not working well. Two are really not walking at all. Sit in one place and eat.

Someone said they are too big for their age and that i should reduce the way i feed them.

Can't find my scale to take their weight n post here. 19days today.
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 15, 2019
Lalakas:

I don't get these combo.

I had to buy dr Mayer's calcium. 133% calcium. They are still not working though i got that yesterday. I used this particular brand last time and the bird started walking the second say.

Ten birds not working well. Two are really not walking at all. Sit in one place and eat.

Someone said they are too big for their age and that i should reduce the way i feed them.

Continue with the calcium and make sure you give multivitamins along.
Re: ... by Lalakas: 5:32pm On May 15, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Thank you sir
Re: ... by Lalakas: 8:43pm On May 17, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

They have seriously imroved.thank you.

2 Likes

Re: ... by Turks: 8:13am On May 19, 2019
Too many factors to consider [quote author=faridpac2 post=78389297][/quote]
Re: ... by Turks: 8:13am On May 19, 2019
It’s not about feeding. You should fortify them with calcium from day old.
Lalakas:

I don't get these combo.

Re: ... by Turks: 8:14am On May 19, 2019
No it’s not.

Shaving is bigger than dust in size
Langdon2016:

Thanks a million.
Wood shaving is not the same as sawdust, is it?
Re: ... by Lalakas: 5:54pm On May 19, 2019
Turks:
It’s not about feeding. You should fortify them with calcium from day old.

I didn't know I have to administer calcium from day 1. I gave calcium and they are not improving. Just continued as advised and also start letting them out cos a friend mentioned it may be heat paralysis. They have tremendously improved since I started letting them out. I don't have anyone that can't move now, before now Some can't even move from where food is to where water is. But now, they all can move.

I wanted them to be about 4 weeks old before moving them but have moved them even though i let them out during the day time for now until they 100% fine.

I have only lost those two i mentioned in my earlier posts that they don't eat. I got tired of feeding them like a baby and they died after 24hours. (Not intentional sha cos it was a busy day for me and I cant just spare my time to feed them like babies). So far, they are all doing great. Being doing ginger, garlic, onions. I add it to their water every 3 days. And i have overdosed them with calcium since the paralysis started.

23 days now.

2 Likes

Re: ... by Lalakas: 5:58pm On May 19, 2019
Turks:
No it’s not.

Shaving is bigger than dust in size

What's the reason for choosing wood shaving over the dust? I use the dust. Both are available here but I choose saw dust over the shaving.
Re: ... by Richpon(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2019
Good day house,
My birds r 4 weeks 5days. I hv been battling with NCD, CRD and Cocci fr 2 weeks + now. I hv given them Coxstop and Gentylo as recommended by a Vet but 3days on d medication 2 died, that was last week, I took it fr PM and d drugs were changed to Viroxin and Five-anticocci by d Vet tht did d PM. On d 3rd days it seems like d drug is not doing much bcz I still see green stool, watery yellowish stool and some gasp fr air wit some rattling sound and sneezing as thy shake thr head. A friend told me to add Admacine and tylodox to d drugs, whch I did. Now thr stool colour hv changed, no much watery stool but I still see one or two green as one died yesterday and this morning. Thy hv been on so much medication. Thy now look healthy except one or two but still die. Pls house, i need suggestion, what should I do as d tylodox dosage ends tomoro. If thr is organic way to sort this out, pls recommend
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 19, 2019
Richpon:
Good day house,
My birds r 4 weeks 5days. I hv been battling with NCD, CRD and Cocci fr 2 weeks + now. I hv given them Coxstop and Gentylo as recommended by a Vet but 3days on d medication 2 died, that was last week, I took it fr PM and d drugs were changed to Viroxin and Five-anticocci by d Vet tht did d PM. On d 3rd days it seems like d drug is not doing much bcz I still see green stool, watery yellowish stool and some gasp fr air wit some rattling sound and sneezing as thy shake thr head. A friend told me to add Admacine and tylodox to d drugs, whch I did. Now thr stool colour hv changed, no much watery stool but I still see one or two green as one died yesterday and this morning. Thy hv been on so much medication. Thy now look healthy except one or two but still die. Pls house, i need suggestion, what should I do as d tylodox dosage ends tomoro. If thr is organic way to sort this out, pls recommend
Add multivitamins to your dose to help in recovery
Re: ... by Richpon(m): 9:47pm On May 19, 2019
Thanks @Oga Emma
Re: ... by Richpon(m): 10:10am On May 23, 2019
Pls Gurus in d house, Oga Emma, Turks etc, I came to my farm this morning and saw one of my birds like this....pls wat kina sickness could b this?? Thy hv been on ginger, garlic and papper mixed in thr vitamin (Vitamix) fr 2days now b4 this. I occasionally give them moringa and bitter leaf grounded and mixed in thr water

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 23, 2019
Richpon:
Pls Gurus in d house, Oga Emma, Turks etc, I came to my farm this morning and saw one of my birds like this....pls wat kina sickness could b this?? Thy hv been on ginger, garlic and papper mixed in thr vitamin (Vitamix) fr 2days now b4 this. I occasionally give them moringa and bitter leaf grounded and mixed in thr water
How many are like this? How old are there? What drugs have there taken before?
Re: ... by guidefreak(m): 12:02am On May 24, 2019
Powerful Properties of Garlic for Broilers

There is more to the power of garlic than you probably know. As far as my findings go, garlic has a lot of benefits for broiler chicken farming that you can use to your advantage. In this article, I want to open your eyes to some of the health benefits of including garlic in your broiler chicken diet.

Antimicrobial Properties of Garlic in Broiler Chicken Feed
The use of garlic in broiler chicken farming might just be saving you from a lot of microbial problems. The combination of garlic and ginger is of great medicinal value in China and India. But beyond that, the effect of garlic in chickens has been discovered. Garlic will help your chickens stay clear of infectious diseases. Try it today and see the wonderful power of this kitchen spice.

Antibacterial properties of Garlic
Maybe you do not know. Louis Pasteur, the Nobel scientist was the first to prove the antimicrobial property of garlic juices in the year 1858. To support the use of garlic in broiler chicken farming, further investigations show that garlic is effective in combating gram-positive, gram-negative and acid-fast bacteria. Examples of these bacteria include Clostridium, Salmonella, E.Coli, etc. The implication of this in broiler chicken farming is that garlic can effectively cure Salmonellosis, Colibacillosis, and Cholera.

Antiviral Properties of Garlic

Continue here:

https://guidefreak.com/powerful-properties-of-garlic-for-broiler-chicken-farming

Re: ... by Richpon(m): 8:23pm On May 24, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

How many are like this? How old are there? What drugs have there taken before?

Some, up to 10 wit some having tears in thr eyes. U can literally hear tht one breath b4 it died. Another 4 died today. Post mortem said lasota and micoplasma. I hv given them Gentylo , Coxstop, tylodox, Five-anticocci, viroxin. They r 5 weeks 4days. I gave them gumboro at 14th day and lasota at 18th day bcz I started seeing green, but thy started dying and continued pooping green and a friend came and gave them I/O lasota. Since thy day till now, I hv been buying one drug to another
Re: ... by sumboty: 4:26pm On May 26, 2019
Hello � Nairaland farmers.... please I need contact of buyer's for broilers of (6wks - 8wks)old...... both Live and Processed are available in large quantities of 2000 bird's

kindly contact me on 08139646986...

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.