Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,200 members, 7,910,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:57 PM

(Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) (7076 Views)

Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead / 30 KIlled In Clashes Between Alago & Berom People In Nasawara / Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

(Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Pharoh: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2009
Thirty-eight members of the Boko Haram extremist group, including their leader, have been killed in clashes with a joint military-police force in the city of Bauchi in northern Nigeria.

Bauchi Police Chief Atikur Kafur told reporters on Monday that one soldier and two innocent people were among the dead in the Zango district of the city. He added that 14 people were also injured.

Twenty suspected militants were arrested, including nine adults and 11 juveniles.

The police chief identified the Boko Haram leader as Malam Badamasi.

Security agents searched the Boko Haram leader's premises and recovered[b] “bomb-making tools and explosives, two AK-47 rifles with several rounds of ammunition,” [/b]AFP quoted Kafur as saying. A large quantity of swords, daggers, and gunpowder was also recovered, he added.

The members of Boko Haram (literally, Western or non-Islamic education is a sin) identify themselves as Muslims but have a number of bizarre beliefs not shared by the mainstream schools of Islamic jurisprudence.

They say they want to impose shariah (Islamic law) throughout all 36 states of Nigeria.

Source
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2009
This is the beginning of the end. Nigeria, to your tents O Israel!
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by WilyWily: 9:46am On Dec 29, 2009
End of Nigeria is Near, thank God.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by ehala: 9:50am On Dec 29, 2009
Its really sad that Nigeria has been thrown into a state of political quagmire. From Niger delta militancy to Boko Haram lives were taken with impunity. From one cowardly brainwashed religious lunatic called Farouk to now this misdirected and illiterate and impoverished peasants called Kala Kato in Bauchi has also claimed innocent lives and properties.

This to me is a clear indication that there is a lack of leadership in the country where people do whatever they like - and most of all claiming to have religious undertones. Really, very soon one won't be surprised if sucide bombing start occuring in the country. But let them go to the national assembly, face your governors, face Aso rock and stop killing people who have done nothing wrong to you. This is really sad and the Muslim community should and can do more by educating their followers as a time will come when this will no longer be tolerable and THINGS WILL FALL APART!!
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by FBS: 10:46am On Dec 29, 2009
There is FIRE on the mountain!!!
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by chidichris(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2009
obasanjo has succeeded in leaving nigeria at the middle of no where.
nigeria today is the hands of an unknow person.
nigerians are like passangers in a ship with no captain.
we have no destination.
many will complain that i hardly write without mentioning obasanjo but i always look back to days before 1999 and then compare it from 1999 till date.
many things have gone wrong and no one is looking at the right direction.
pdp is not doing anything right yet has vowed not to leave the seat of power.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by zebra(m): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2009
why is it alwayslike this in the north? what have our government done to stop the killings of innocent citizens in the north?

If government can put a JTF in the niger-delta region, why can't they put a JTF in the northern region? the national assembly should consider doing that or else they should consider removing the JTF in the niger-delta region. enough of this boko haram killings in the north i beg.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Kx: 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2009
In Odi,Obj used sojas to massacre them,
Niger Delta is now the main stay of dem soljas

Religious crisis has been happening and is happeining
right now in Bauchi,yet they ll never send JTF there.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Kay17: 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2009
the key problem is religion be Islam or Christianity. its too deadly! every theist is a potential terrorist.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by yemmight(m): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2009
These Abokis are at it again. Lord have mercy. Father Lord protect those innocent citizens over there.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Horus(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2009
Religion (Christianity and Islam) is why no one has been able to unite the Nigerians in any considerable numbers, and is also why the people of African descent have not been able to make a real progress toward freedom and equality.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by hassymo5(m): 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2009
one gud thing is that they were fighting themselves, remember God said i will cos confusion in the land of thy enemies, isnt it my brothers
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by ruskiee(m): 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2009
These senseless killings shall continue-the north will know no peace until they are given what they want.
1. They want 'no western education'.
2. They want to impose sharia in their regions.

It's either the Nigerian Government smashes these extremists once and for all or split the country into two-north and south.
At least that way they can practice their religion in peace, while the rest of us can get back to living our lives.

There's a storm brewing-and it will only consume those supporting these groups.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by NiceHans: 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
why is it that these extremists never give up,i just pray that everything returns to normal.Any way, the truth of the matter is that one needs not to be told that the end of the world is at hand,with all these senseless violence and atrocities being committed every where and there, we should be just and pray to God to protect us his children.Of course we should also be vigilant and not just be naive,and resist every evil force because silence has never and will never solve any problem. my heart goes out to those innocent 38 souls who were killed unjustly, may their souls rest in perfect peace amen.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by bilymuse: 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
what offence have we committed, why is it that there is no good news that would ever come out of Nigeria?
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by NiceHans: 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2009
bilymuse:

what offence have we committed, why is it that there is no good news that would ever come out of Nigeria?

we havnt committed any crime.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by koolchicco: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2009
These Abokis on rampage again. angry
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Kratos007(m): 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2009
wahala dey
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Iyineda(m): 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2009
Kay 17:

the key problem is religion be Islam or Christianity. its too deadly! every theist is a potential terrorist.

Quoted for truth. Religion is the prime suspect that brings havoc in the country. Tribalism is a close second. . .
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by XKZ(m): 3:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
Today's Guardian attributes the killings to 'kala-kato' an off shoot of the 'Maitatsine' sect (of the 80's) and says it was sparked off by the arrest of their leader.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by otukpo(f): 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
FBS:

There is FIRE on the mountain!!!

No be small fire.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by mikelangs(m): 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
This becoming extraordinary nonsense!!! Believe it is serious poverty worrying these blood sucking bugs.  Come to tink of it I guess the Farouk suicide bomber has opened a way for us. Its high time we start creating lunatics to suicide bomb themselves to our bleeped up leaders who are making tings very difficult in this country!!!!
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by searchcorp(m): 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2009
i said it! nigerias problem started with AMALGAMATION, how will they (THE BRISTISH) just lump together different ethnic groups and backgrounds to satiate thier selfish evil desires, nonsense!
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by biozy(m): 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2009
na whao, person no fit commot 4 nigeria again,to go north na danger,with time now we no go fit comot for house again
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by 700john: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2009
these guyz are just up to something strange, strange still,Catastrophe is fast becoming a northern norms!
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Carlosein(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2009
And the jihadist beat goes on undecided
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by oval1(f): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2009
oh my God! this is really bad.for how long will nigeria continue like this. from one bad news to the other,am really fed up with this country.while some people are striving to see the nation moves forward,some ppl have dedicated their lives to destroying the nation. what a shame!!!
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by aieromon(m): 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
I was annoyed when i was watchin' AIT yesterday evening and the Special Asst. to Yuguda on media was sayin' it was just a 'family' scuffle and everything was okay.Even the Commissioner of Police shoved it off as if it was no big deal.
I hope the fools realise i got friends serving there angry
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Nizoral(f): 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2009
Wat av we done 2 dis muslims, is it a crime 2 accomodate u guys because i biliv u al av origins 4rm wia u came. Killin christians is only u guys priority it wil not b beta for al of you. And 2 d innocent soul lost may d rest in peace in the bosom of the lord
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Jarus(m): 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
Another very shameful act. Preparing my articles on these developments already.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by CarlosVent(m): 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
is this another christian and muslim fight again
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by ucnduka(f): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2009
Trully 1914 was a huge mistake. God help naija through these turbulent season

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Imo North: Court Fixes Date For Ruling On Uwajumogu’s Case As Senator-elect / Tinubu Should Just Appoint This Man As A Chief Of Staff.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.