Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:59 PM

NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa (610 Views)

Jambites In Nasarawa Staying Outside By 12:20am For Registration / Children Chained In An Islamic School In Nasarawa (Photos) / WAEC Withholds Results Of 13,488 Candidates In Released Nov/dec Exam Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa by Nobody: 4:40am On Apr 09, 2017
The National Youth Service Corps(NYSC), Nasarawa state command has extended the service year of 13 Batch B stream 1 corps members without allowances.

State cordinator of the NYSC, Mrs Zainab Isa gave the hint at her office in Lafia.

The coordinator explained that the 13, out of the 2487 corps members due for the certificate of national service, had their service extended as a disciplinary measure for their absconding from their places of primary assignment during the service year.

She explained that the extension was a decision reached by the state’s NYSC disciplinary committee.

She noted that the affected corps members will serve without federal or state allowances, hoping that the disciplinary action will serve as a deterrent for prospective corps members who might want to tow an unbecoming path.

Mrs Isa further revealed that two corps members received the state government honour award while another two were honoured by the state NYSC coordinator and chairman governing board.

She called on the discharged corps members to be self-reliant with the help of the skills they acquired during their service year.

“I want to encourage all the corps members to use the knowledge they acquired at the orientation camp. They should use it very well now that they are out of service so that they can be employers of labour rather than waiting for white-collar jobs that are not forthcoming.”

She said.

Some of the passed-out Batch B corps members, Offor Victor and Olorun Funmi shared their experiences while on the one year mandatory national assignment in the north-central state.

“My service year was a wonderful one. I met wonderful people, in a wonderful working environment. The weather was not too friendly, but we thank God for everything.”

Mr Victor stated.

“Anywhere you find yourself, learn how to adapt. Adaptation is the key.”

Mrs Funmi suggested.
https://ezeja.com/news/2017/04/09/nysc-extends-service-year-13-corps-members-nasarawa/
Re: NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa by Lifestone(m): 4:42am On Apr 09, 2017
This 13 got caught. So many are in this habit. If you have to cut corners, make sure you don't get caught.
Re: NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa by LionDeLeo: 4:43am On Apr 09, 2017
Good one there.

Most corps members don't serve. They simply attend 3wk orientation, arrange with ZIs go back home only to resurface on POP day.

Watch how some guilty dudes will justify their practices.
grin grin grin
Re: NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa by Nobody: 5:12am On Apr 09, 2017
I remember a recent thread on NL where someone was trying to get help in absconding ...I called him a saboteur then and I still stand by my words.

Finish your service and move on to other things.
Re: NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa by bootylady101(f): 5:49am On Apr 09, 2017
even corpers that ended their service year didn't get anything doing after pop, d only downside to it is no pay, let them get busy

whatgives
Re: NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa by Nutase: 7:04am On Apr 09, 2017
Stale gist
Re: NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa by Elbizzcklinz(m): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Good one there.

Most corpse members don't serve. They simply attend 3wk orientation, arrange with ZIs go back home only to resurface on POP day.

Watch how some guilty dudes will justify their practices.
grin grin grin

Guy, look at your spelling..."Corpse"....how can the dead have a membership to serve in NYSC.
Please correct yourself. LOL
Re: NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa by LionDeLeo: 10:54am On Apr 09, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:

Guy, look at your spelling..."Corpse"....how can the dead have a membership to serve in NYSC.
Please correct yourself. LOL

U dey mind this I-too-sabi phone? At least the yeye phone has corps in its dictionary, I wonder why the correction. Infact, to avoid this mistake, I purposely googled the correct spelling only to end up being embarrassed. I typed, checked and saw the correct spelling, but the useless phone has its own plan.

Thank you jare.

(1) (Reply)

HND Or B.sc / OMG: Look At The Snake Killed By Student In Front Of My Hostel. / See What You Need To Know About JUPEB Admission Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.