Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,920 members, 7,949,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 09:23 PM

Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard (3591 Views)

What Is It With Fabregas And Trophiless Seasons (Arsenal Fc and Fc Barcelona) / Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? / Mikel Obi, C.ronaldo, Fabregas And Messi. Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Ibime(m): 12:09am On Dec 31, 2009
^^^ You are a blooming disgrace. . . . is it Fabregas fault that Wenger cannot buy a decent enough squad to compete. . .

No central midfielder has ever dominated and dictated games in the Prem like Fabregas is doing now. . . . thats a statement of fact. . . .every midfielder in the Prem is scared to get tight to Fabregas cos he is just too quick with his feet. . . .
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 12:17am On Dec 31, 2009
Ibime:

^^^ You are a blooming disgrace. . . . is it Fabregas fault that Wenger cannot buy a decent enough squad to compete. . .

What an excuse. . . . . So it's now Wenger's fault that this bunch of players beating teams in Europe cannot compete in the EPL?
You need to dig your head out of your ass.

No central midfielder has ever dominated and dictated games in the Prem like Fabregas is doing now. . . . thats a statement of fact. . . .every midfielder in the Prem is scared to get tight to Fabregas cos he is just too quick with his feet. . . .

Then i take it that you were not alive when Scholes blew the PREM apart in 2002/3 and Roy Keane in 99-2001.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Ibime(m): 12:34am On Dec 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

Then i take it that you were not alive when Scholes blew the PREM apart in 2002/3 and Roy Keane in 99-2001.

Negro please. . . . they never did it to Fabregas level. . . . matter of fact, Fergie would sell his whole midfield just to get hold of a player like Fabregas.

Ask yourself this question. . . . how many central midfielders have been by and large the outstanding performers in the history of the Prem?. . . . at this moment, no striker or winger compares to Fabregas. . . . thats how I measure quality. . . . even when Keane, Scholes, Lamps etc were running things, they were always outshone by a striker or winger. . . . at this moment, Fabregas has more impact than anyone else. . . . 12 goals, close to 20 assists, complete domination of the midfield. . . and we're only halfway through the season. . . . what more do you want?. . . . Lamps in his most brilliant season would pray for 20 assists. . . .
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 12:42am On Dec 31, 2009
Ibime:

Negro please. . . . they never did it to Fabregas level. . . . matter of fact, Fergie would sell his whole midfield just to get hold of a player like Fabregas.

Over SAF's dead-body. . . . .
Sell United's title-winning midfield for Fabregas who cannot even win Carling Cup to save his gypsy arse?

Ask yourself this question. . . . how many central midfielders have been by and large the outstanding performers in the history of the Prem?

On the top of me head. . . .

Keane
Vieira
Scholes

. . . . at this moment, no striker or winger compares to Fabregas. . . . thats how I measure quality. . . . even when Keane, Scholes, Lamps etc were running things, they were always outshone by a striker or winger. . . .

Does this not tell you the whole Arsenal team is built around Fabregas?
Where is your perspective, Ijaw man?
When the team was built around Ronaldo at Man Utd(Rooney on the left, Tevez on the right). . .How many goals did Ronaldo score?
Ronaldo became the best player in the planet because there were runners around him ready to do the dirty job he couldn't manage.

at this moment, Fabregas has more impact than anyone else. . . . 12 goals, close to 20 assists, complete domination of the midfield. . . and we're only halfway through the season. . . . what more do you want?. . . . Lamps in his most brilliant season would pray for 20 assists. . . .

That has to do with the quality of players in Arsenal. . . . .It simply means Cesc is their best player and his team has been built around him.
When we had Keane n Scholes, there were still Giggs, Beckham and the destructive combination of Yorke and Andy Cole.
When Arsenal had Vieira, there were still the Dutch Wizard(Bergkamp), Henry and Pires. . . .How many players in the current Arsenal squad WILL WALK INTO the Invincibles of 2003/4? Only Cesc. . . . . .and Arshavin will sit on the bench.

Stick Fabregas in Chelsea today and Drogba, Lampard and Essien will eat 80% of the assists and goals he scores week in week out.
Stick him in Man Utd and he will pale in comparison to Rooney's gut busting performance week in week out.
If you put Abou Diaby in Enyimba of Aba. . . .He will score 40 goals and 58 assists in Naija Premier League.

Fabregas' case is the one of a local champion amongst retards or a small fish in a tiny pond. grin
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by edoyad(m): 12:54am On Dec 31, 2009
1. Francesco Totti is crap and is not one the best players in the world cos Roma haven't won ish in years. Juan Riquelme too was crap cos the yellow submarine didn't win la liga
2. Any body who does not know who Johan Cryuff is, captain of the dutch 70s total experience is not even worthy enough to have a username on NL. He is the kind of name every footie fan should know without reporting to google.
3. There is no English National team player that could start in the Spanish team save for Ashley Cole.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Ibime(m): 1:02am On Dec 31, 2009
edoyad:

3. There is no English National team player that could start in the Spanish team save for Ashley Cole.

Almost true. . . Terry or a fit Ferdinand would start in front of Puyol easily. . .

Lennon and Rooney would also be close but maybe just miss out.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 1:03am On Dec 31, 2009
Some people are stupid sha. . . .
So because i asked DK about Cryuff's credibility, a retard thinks i dunno Cryuff. . . .

This is a quote of mine on Cryuff way back. . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-196574.2912.html#msg3362697
And if they still think i am lying, someone quoted the statement. . .https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-196574.2912.html#msg3362855
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 1:05am On Dec 31, 2009
Ibime:

Almost true. . . Terry or a fit Ferdinand would start in front of Puyol easily. . .
Lennon and Rooney would also be close but maybe just miss out.

All the defenders save for the RB position will walk into the Spanish team. . . .
Rooney, Lennon and at least either Gerrard/Lampard will also feature conveniently.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by kaypumpin2(m): 1:38am On Dec 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

All the defenders save for the RB position will walk into the Spanish team. . . .
Rooney, Lennon and at least either Gerrard/Lampard will also feature conveniently.
What are you ODing on?
Lennon,Lampard and Gerrard will feature conveniently in team even Cesc can get into?Do you have Mutallab's powder in your groin grin tongue
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Ibime(m): 1:39am On Dec 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

(1.) All the defenders save for the RB position will walk into the Spanish team. . . .

(2.)at least either Gerrard/Lampard will also feature conveniently.

(1.) Depends on Ferdinands fitness. . .  I agree Pique is nowhere near a fully fit Ferdy and Terry

(2.) They might not even make the squad. . . . I dont see them getting ahead of Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Alonso. . . . perhaps a fit Owen Hargreaves might make the DM position, but all the attacking slots are full!
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by nateevs(m): 1:55am On Dec 31, 2009
I am still trying hard to see the relevance of this thread.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 2:23am On Dec 31, 2009
kay_pumpin:

What are you ODing on?
Lennon,Lampard and Gerrard will feature conveniently in team even Cesc can get into?Do you have Mutallab's powder in your groin grin tongue

Cesc has many qualities but he is not a multi-positional player.
Lampard/Gerrard can be shoved here n there when the going gets tough, i doubt Cesc can play as a winger or a striker or a defender.
So one of Gerrard or Lampard might get into the team before Cesc.

Ibime:

(1.) Depends on Ferdinands fitness. . .  I agree Pique is nowhere near a fully fit Ferdy and Terry

I agree. . . . .

(2.) They might not even make the squad. . . . I dont see them getting ahead of Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Alonso. . . . perhaps a fit Owen Hargreaves might make the DM position, but all the attacking slots are full!

Gerrard and Lampard will walk into that squad.
With the extra qualities and the amount of ammo in their arsenal, they will edge out Alonso, Fabregas and Senna.
Gerrard woulda been preferred to Cesc in the absence of David Villa in Euro 2008. . . .True or False?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by kaypumpin2(m): 2:54am On Dec 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

Lampard/Gerrard can be shoved here n there when the going gets tough, i doubt Cesc can play as a winger or a striker or a defender.

How multi-positional is Platini,Maradona,Scholes, et al undecided How effective has your multi-dimensional Lampard be in the diamond cheesy And do you really mean as multi-positional as Cesc playing central back cos here we are talking about the creativity of a player and you are flirting with his inability to do doggy style in bed.
Plus Spain has enough players with panache and flair than to employ jack of trades like Gerrard and Lampard abeg.A player who is extremely good at what he does best is it for me anyday,not indisciplined positional whores like Gerrard.

Gerrard and Lampard will walk into that squad.
With the extra qualities and the amount of ammo in their arsenal, they will edge out Alonso, Fabregas and Senna.
Gerrard woulda been preferred to Cesc in the absence of David Villa in Euro 2008. . . .True or False?

I am putting you in for the next show in Apollo,cos there is a reason a certain Liverpool team has been rudderless since the departure of Alonso inspite of the fact that Gerrard is still there.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Ibime(m): 3:04am On Dec 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

You must have forgotten when Arsene used to play something similar to the diamond 2 or 3 seasons back when Cesc played left wing, right wing etc. . . . all Arsenal midfielders have played, and are capable of playing on the wing. . . . Cesc, Diaby, Rosicky etc have all played there at one time or the other. . .
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by RuuDie(m): 8:10am On Dec 31, 2009
dayokanu:

Most players Germany used were all born in Germany

oh i see. . . Odonkor, frimpong, asamoah, boateng, podolski, miroslav, gomez, & dayokanu are now german names abi!?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by akinalabi(m): 8:30am On Dec 31, 2009
Ibime:

Fabregas this season goes into the same echelon as Ronaldo, Henry and Cantona. . . . they are the only 4 players in that class in the last 20 years. . . . players who dictate games single-handedly.

Lampard belongs on the rung below with Gerrard, Drogba, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Vieira, Pires etc.

Ibime has taken it too far this time.

While I dont do debates of who is better, mentioning Fab and Ronaldo in the same breath is ridiculous
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by ritchboy(m): 8:54am On Dec 31, 2009
Using nateevs' daft logic, we cant compare Lampard to Fabregas cos he's achieved more. . . I'm laughing with autotune.
What exactly has Lampard achieved in his carreer?
Lampard is about a decade older than Fabregas and its an absolute disgrace their achievements are even comparable.

Anyway you are right, the creator of this thread should be beaten to death for comparing Lampard's creativity to Cesc's.

Jack Wilshere @ 17 is 11 times more creative than Lampard. . . Frank should bury his fat head in shame grin grin
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by edoyad(m): 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
Many English Players are like their American cousins; Landon Donovan, Coby Jones, Brian McBride etc. They are athletic, can play to instruction, shoot, pass straight, mark and do the other basics more efficiently than anyone else. But Like the food in a homeless shelter they will satisfy your belly but leave your taste buds hungry.
So can one be said to be satisfied just cos his stomach is filled with flavourless rice ? grin
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2009
kay_pumpin:

How multi-positional is Platini,Maradona,Scholes, et al undecided How effective has your multi-dimensional Lampard be in the diamond  cheesy And do you really mean as multi-positional as Cesc playing central back cos here we are talking about the creativity of a player and you are flirting with his inability to do canine style in bed.

I am not talking about Cesc playing centre back or what not. . . . .All i am saying is if Gerrard was a Spaniard, he will get into the national team ahead of Cesc. Gerrard woulda gotten there before the full maturity of Iniesta and Cesc Fabregas cos Gerrard is older than them.
How are we even sure Cesc is not better than Xavi/Iniesta for Spain? We would never know because Xavi/Iniesta have history behind them to make them starters.

Plus Spain has enough players with panache and flair than to employ jack of trades like Gerrard and Lampard abeg.A player who is extremely good at what he does best is it for me anyday,not indisciplined positional whores like Gerrard.

They look very ordinary in the absence of Iniesta in the Confederation Cup.
Spain don't have enough players with panache. . . . . .Y'all are taking this Spain thingy too far.

I am putting you in for the next show in Apollo,cos there is a reason a certain Liverpool team has been rudderless since the departure of Alonso inspite of the fact that Gerrard is still there.

That is because Liverpool have so many mediocre players in their ranks.
Gerrard alone cannot pull the strings in the company of mediocre players like Kuyt, Aquilani, Riera and other chumps.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by nateevs(m): 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2009
ritchboy:

Using nateevs' daft logic, we cant compare Lampard to Fabregas cos he's achieved more. . . I'm laughing with autotune.
Lampard is about a decade older than Fabregas and its an absolute disgrace their achievements are even comparable.

Anyway you are right, the creator of this thread should be beaten to death for comparing Lampard's creativity to Cesc's.

Jack Wilshere @ 17 is 11 times more creative than Lampard. . . Frank should bury his fat head in shame grin grin

You and the thread creator are the daft ones!
Lampard has never been creative. . He's never been a tricky, dribbling player and can barely move past two players in a row . . . Is that supposed to be some news flash ? . . It's been as clear as day since he was at Westham. . .

So I ask what then is the thread supposed to achieve. . ? . . It's a meaningless thread and all those that are contributing to fuel it's thriving.

And another daft one. . What has Lampard achieved in his career. .?

I am not going to mention any of the trophies he's won. . At the heights of Lampard's career, he was third best player in the world even without being creative. . and daft ritchboy thinks being 3rd best player in the world is disgraceful. . Iniesta is the 4th best player in the world, he must be disgraceful as well.

And I am not even a Lampard fan.

In case you didn't know. . . Wilshere is probably 11 times more creative than Arsenal legends Ian Wright and Tony Adams. . maybe they should hang their heads in shame as well. .

St.upid thread. . St.upid ideology and St.upid posts! (especially Ritchboy's) grin grin grin
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by ritchboy(m): 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2009
Nateevs
Ian Wright & Tony Adams were not central/attacking midfielders, DAFT MAN!!
Theres a BIG difference between being VOTED the 3rd best player in a SEASON and actually being the 3rd best player in the world. Are you telling me Cannavaro was once the best player in the world? Anyone who believes Lampard was ever the third best player in the world should be quarantined on the moon.

Fabregas>>>>>Lampard

if u cant accept it, u can shave your pubic hair with a hot needle in a very dark room cheesy grin
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by dyabman(m): 5:19pm On Dec 31, 2009
I'm a big Lampard Fan

My best choice Is Lampard but i cant say whos better.

But please, Most Spanish Midfielder's are enormously Creative , You cant compare Marcus Senna to Makelele can you?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by dayokanu(m): 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2009
oh i see. . . Odonkor, frimpong, asamoah, boateng, podolski, miroslav, gomez, & dayokanu are now german names abi!?

Do they have to be German names before they are German citizens? Is Barack Obama an American name? Is philips Idowu an English name, is Fabrice Muamba an English name?

If you gave birth to a child in England and you name him Nduka Adelaja does that mean he is not an English citizen?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by nateevs(m): 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2009
ritchboy:

Nateevs
Ian Wright & Tony Adams were not central/attacking midfielders, DAFT MAN!!
Theres a BIG difference between being VOTED the 3rd best player in a SEASON and actually being the 3rd best player in the world. Are you telling me Cannavaro was once the best player in the world? Anyone who believes Lampard was ever the third best player in the world should be quarantined on the moon.

Fabregas>>>>>Lampard

if u cant accept it, u can shave your pubic hair with a hot needle in a very dark room cheesy grin

Hey Daftie! . .
I know I need to explain it to you further.
Comparing Wilshere with the attackers is just as daft as comparing Fabregas with Lampard.

I said from the outset that Lamps has never been a creative midfielder. Not at Westham or thereafter.
He's never taken accolades from being creative. . and the hallmark of his career was never built on creativity. .

Lamps scores goals - the primary purpose of his midfield play not creating.

So I ask again what then is the point asking if Fab is more creative than Lamps? It is daft! . . Just like you fuelling it!

2ndly. .

Whether voted or not, Lamps was adjudged 3rd best player.  I don't care if you think otherwise. Some people will tell you Ronaldo is the best player but Messi was voted best . . so he is the best. Can you please explain the "Big Difference". , 

The trophy is in Lampard's home and you can't take it away. . whether you accept it or not and he did not get there by being ordinary, he got there by virtue of what he's done on the pitch. . . if you think that's a "disgrace" like you call it. . Then you need help.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by akinalabi(m): 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2009
nateevs:

Whether voted or not, Lamps was adjudged 3rd best player.  I don't care if you think otherwise. Some people will tell you Ronaldo is the best player but Messi was voted best . . so he is the best. Can you please what "Bid Difference". , 

The trophy is in Lampard's home and you can't take it away. . whether you accept it or not and he did not get there by being ordinary, he got there by virtue of what he's done on the pitch. . . if you think that's a "disgrace" like you call it. . Then you need help.

Brilliant.

When Fab gets to the level of being listed when FIFA is crowning the best of the best,
then there can be a discussion.

Until then, we should just enjoy his footie
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by ritchboy(m): 10:22pm On Dec 31, 2009
Comparing Wilshere with the attackers is just as daft as comparing Fabregas with Lampard.

Fabregas and Lampard play similar roles so its not quite as daft as you making this statement.

I said from the outset that Lamps has never been a creative midfielder. Not at Westham or thereafter.
He's never taken accolades from being creative. . and the hallmark of his career was never built on creativity. .

Lamps scores goals - the primary purpose of his midfield play not creating.

So I ask again what then is the point asking if Fab is more creative than Lamps? It is daft! . . Just like you fuelling it!

do you have me confused with someone else? am i the one who started the thread? if u cant quote where i "fueled" it, u have just fueled your status as Nairaland's most intellectually challenged member. grin grin

Whether voted or not, Lamps was adjudged 3rd best player. I don't care if you think otherwise. Some people will tell you Ronaldo is the best player but Messi was voted best . . so he is the best. Can you please explain the "Big Difference". ,

so if 99 cavemen vote Jonathan Greening to be the best player in the world, we can conclude "he is the best". . .
if 101 cannibals vote Jonathan Spector to be the best a month later, we also conclude "he is the best". . .

if u are too daft to realize the award is nothing more than the opinion of the majority of A GROUP OF PEOPLE, i fear for you cheesy

again, if u cant quote where i called it "a disgrace", then u would probably still be daft when ur great grand children have "666" boldly tattooed on their foreheads grin grin grin
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by nateevs(m): 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2009
Fabregas and Lampard play similar roles so its not quite as daft as you making this statement.

Ok. . . Not quite as daft. . . but quite daft. . Thanks for agreeing.

do you have me confused with someone else? am i the one who started the thread? if u cant quote where i "fueled" it, u have just fueled your status as Nairaland's most intellectually challenged member.  Grin Grin

Fabregas>>>>>Lampard

What else do you need. . ?. . You want more?

so if 99 cavemen vote Jonathan Greening to be the best player in the world, we can conclude "he is the best". . .
if 101 cannibals vote Jonathan Spector to be the best a month later, we also conclude "he is the best". . .
if u are too daft to realize the award is nothing more than the opinion of the majority of A GROUP OF PEOPLE, i fear for you

Ok. . so we may as well disregard every FIFA footballer of the year award ever made. . every Ballon d'or ever presented . . because there were nothing more than the opinion of the majority of A GROUP OF PEOPLE.

He who is daft and knoweth not that he is daft . . ! You are a disgrace.

And stop this silly rant of[i] "if 99 cavemen"[/i]. . It's silly. . the people who vote are well respected people that make your daftness look like a brand new kind. . . "not cavemen"

The length you will go to just to prove Lampard didn't deserve the award is alarming. I wonder if you will be saying the same thing when Fab gets an award some day.

again, if u cant quote where i called it "a disgrace", then u would probably still be daft when your great grand children have "666" boldly tattooed on their foreheads  Grin Grin Grin

Lampard is about a decade older than Fabregas and[i] "its an absolute disgrace their achievements are even comparable".[/i]

What else do you need daftie?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by ritchboy(m): 12:39am On Jan 01, 2010
Ok. . . Not quite as daft. . . but quite daft. . Thanks for agreeing.

in case you've forgotten, you are the one who made the initial comparison between Wilshere & Adams/Wright. either way we look at it, YOU ARE THE DAFT ONE!!

Fabregas>>>>>Lampard

What else do you need. . ?. . You want more?

u are a sodding idio.t!!! where in that comment did i "fuel" comparing Lampard's creativity to Cesc's? i actually did the opposite by saying the creator should be beaten to death for creating the thread and that is the quote u decide to pick?? your idio.cy is legendary!  cheesy

Ok. . so we may as well disregard every FIFA footballer of the year award ever made. . every Ballon d'or ever presented . . because there were nothing more than the opinion of the majority of A GROUP OF PEOPLE.

i never said we should disregard anything. . . lampard was voted third and that is a FACT which cannot be disregarded. what i'm saying is the fact he was VOTED third by A GROUP OF PEOPLE doesnt actually mean he was ever the third best player in the world. simple. that was in response to your claim he was once the third best player in the world simply because he came third in an award. was Cannavaro ever the best player in the world? ANSWER THE QUESTION!

And stop this silly rant of "if 99 cavemen". . It's silly. . the people who vote are well respected people that make your daftness look like a brand new kind. . . "not cavemen"

the same "well respected people" that voted Cannavaro as the best player of 2006 ahead of the likes of Ronaldinho? hahaha, i think i'll take the cavemen more seriously cheesy

Lampard is about a decade older than Fabregas and "its an absolute disgrace their achievements are even comparable".

and to a 5 star mo.ron like nateevs, this translates to 'Lampard coming third in the WFOTY award is a disgrace'? your understanding of written English is atrocious at best. i emboldened the part which is a disgrace since u have the IQ of a previously owned screw driver and cant figure it out yourself.

P.S. if your new year resolution is not going back to primary school, your future looks very bleak!  grin grin
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by nateevs(m): 5:15am On Jan 01, 2010
in case you've forgotten, you are the one who made the initial comparison between Wilshere & Adams/Wright. either way we look at it, YOU ARE THE DAFT ONE!!

This is the problem arguing with you. Your memory disappears quicker than you blink your eye.
I wasn't comparing Wilshere and Wrighty. . I gave an illustration that making a comparison of a creative midfielder with a non-creative midfielder is as ridiculous as comparing Wilshere with Wrighty.
And you came back to say "It's not quite as daft as you are making it". . Do you really understand what you are arguing about?

u are a sodding idio.t!!! where in that comment did i "fuel" comparing Lampard's creativity to Cesc's? i actually did the opposite by saying the creator should be beaten to death for creating the thread and that is the quote u decide to pick?? your idio.cy is legendary! Cheesy

What is the meaning of this ? [/b]. . and you dare say you are not fuelling it. What then are you doing?

And you are a F.u.cking hypocrite for suggesting that you were insinuating the opposite. Maybe I should remind you of the exact order you put that suggestion. . . . [b]"Anyway you are right, the creator of this thread should be beaten to death for comparing Lampard's creativity to Cesc's. Fabregas>>>>>Lampard"

That is clear sacarsm, reflected by the last line. . and now you say you were leaning on the side of Lamps. . ! Flipping coward . . you can't even live up to your guts.

i never said we should disregard anything. . . lampard was voted third and that is a FACT which cannot be disregarded. what i'm saying is the fact he was VOTED third by A GROUP OF PEOPLE doesnt actually mean he was ever the third best player in the world. simple. that was in response to your claim he was once the third best player in the world simply because he came third in an award. was Cannavaro ever the best player in the world? ANSWER THE QUESTION!

You never said disregard it but WTF do you mean by "the award is nothing more than the opinion of the majority of A GROUP OF PEOPLE". . if it should be regarded.

I bloody do not care if they got it wrong with Cannavaro, this people voted Weah, Figo, Romario, Baggio, Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Messi. and you are here ranting about one event . . Why don't you name another one in the past they got wrong . . You can't treat the "GROUP OF PEOPLE" with ignominy because of one single event. .

And my friend, based on past events - the number of world No1s they got right - Yes Lampard at the time was the 2nd best player in the world. Simple.

Correction. . Lamps was second best . . . Not third. Eto'o was 3rd.

and to a 5 star mo.ron like nateevs, this translates to 'Lampard coming third in the WFOTY award is a disgrace'? your understanding of written English is atrocious at best. i emboldened the part which is a disgrace since u have the IQ of a previously owned screw driver and cant figure it out yourself.

You said "Lamps is a decade older than Fab and the fact that their achievements are comparable is a disgrace". .
Let's break this down.

* FIFA World Player of the Year: 2nd place 2005
* Ballon d'Or (European Footballer of the Year): Silver Award 2005
* FWA Player of the Year: 2005
* UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year: 2007-08
* FIFPro World XI: 2005
* PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2006
* UEFA Euro 2004 Team of the tournament
* 2004-05 Barclays Merit Award (for 164 consecutive appearances)
* Chelsea Player of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2009
* PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2005
* England Player of the Year: 2004, 2005
* Barclays Player Of The Season: 2004-2005, 2005-2006
* Premier League Player of the Month: September 2003, April 2005, October 2005, October 2008
* ESM Team of the Month: 2004-05,2005-06
* Premier League's player of the decade, according to official stats (2000-2009)

Scored 178 goals in entire club career.

These in summary are Lamps achievements over the past decade.

Now let's look back at what you said. . . "Lamps is a decade older than Fab and the fact that their achievements are comparable is a disgrace"

Are these achievements really comparable with Fab's? . . So if Lamps won 2nd best player and you think that is comparable with Fab's "won nothing yet awards" . . What exactly are you calling the disgrace?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Ibime(m): 6:25am On Jan 01, 2010
Correction. . . . Lampard came second in both the WPOTY and Ballon D'or awards, not third . . . y'all get your facts right. . .

Am a big fan of Lamps, but at this moment Cesc is on a level that Lampard has never reached in his whole career
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by slimshay(m): 11:48am On Jan 01, 2010
Just to chip in a bit, about Cesc not being multidimensional. In arguably his best match to date for Spain, cesc played as a second striker and completely took Russia apart, sending them to the Euro finals.

The thread said creative, Cesc takes it.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by nateevs(m): 1:17pm On Jan 01, 2010
Ibime:

Correction. . . . Lampard came second in both the WPOTY and Ballon D'or awards, not third . . . y'all get your facts right. . .

Am a big fan of Lamps, but at this moment Cesc is on a level that Lampard has never reached in his whole career

nateevs:

Correction. . Lamps was second best . . . Not third. Eto'o was 3rd.

* FIFA World Player of the Year: 2nd place 2005
* Ballon d'Or (European Footballer of the Year): Silver Award 2005

* FWA Player of the Year: 2005
* UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year: 2007-08
* FIFPro World XI: 2005
* PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2006
* UEFA Euro 2004 Team of the tournament
* 2004-05 Barclays Merit Award (for 164 consecutive appearances)
* Chelsea Player of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2009
* PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2005
* England Player of the Year: 2004, 2005
* Barclays Player Of The Season: 2004-2005, 2005-2006
* Premier League Player of the Month: September 2003, April 2005, October 2005, October 2008
* ESM Team of the Month: 2004-05,2005-06
* Premier League's player of the decade, according to official stats (2000-2009)

I already corrected that in my post. You didn't read the post!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Predict This Season's Champion League Winner. Will Chelsea Retain It Or.. Choose / Uk Pool Week 38 Updates / Mourinho Sues Kenyan Witchdoctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.