Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health. (989 Views)

How To Test Your Urine For Bacteria Infection And Diabetes At Home For Free / What Sickness Is Associated With Changes In Urine Colour. / 5 Urine Colour And What It Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health. by Maynice: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2017
The yellow color of urine comes from a chemical byproduct that results when the kidneys do their job of processing waste, explains Koushik Shaw, MD, a urologist and founder of Austin Urology Institute in Texas. The more dehydrated you are, the more concentrated the urine becomes and the darker the color gets. “A pale yellow color reflects a good balance between over- and underhydration,” he says.
There are times, though, when you don’t see pale yellow in the bowl, and dehydration has nothing to do with it. Believe it or not, pee can come in a whole rainbow of colors. Case in point: Heather West, who works in a hospital lab, captured the spectrum of pee colors in this pretty sweet (and slightly disturbing!) photo. Here’s what you should know when your pee doesn’t look like lemonade.
If it’s red
You probably ate beets, or maybe blackberries, or even rhubarb. Red or pink pee after eating beets is common enough that it’s even got its own name: beeturia. Some of the compounds responsible for the color of these pretty foods are excreted in the urine after the kidneys do their processing. It should clear up by the next day. . . . .
Click here http://www.okpeke.com/what-your-urine-colour-say-about-your-health/ to continue reading

Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health. by ademasta(m): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
Good
Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health. by LAFO: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2017
Dark yellow!

Chai

Na so I no drink water well lately.

OP, thanks
Re: What Your Urine Colour Says About Your Health. by malakus(m): 6:57am On Apr 14, 2017
Yeah I can always know when I need more water

(1) (Reply)

8 Foods You Might Want To Stop Eating If You’re Constantly Farting At Work / My Hair Is Pulling Out Please Help Me / Which Man-power Is Good And Save To Use?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.