Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,166 members, 7,880,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:32 PM

NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion (907 Views)

Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles / Untold Story Of The N13billion Recovered From Ikoyi, Lagos Apartment / National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by deantimes(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2017
THE National Intelligence Agency (NIA) is claiming ownership of the $43,449,947, £27,800 and N23, 218,000 seized Wednesday by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission from Osborne Towers, a luxury residential complex in Ikoyi, Lagos.

The NIA is the government security agency tasked with overseeing foreign intelligence and counterintelligence operations in Nigeria.

A ranking government official with knowledge of the latest twist to the seizure confirmed that NIA Director General, Ambassador Ayodele Oke, has been in touch with EFCC’s boss, Ibrahim Magu, to express his displeasure over the raid at the apartment used as one of NIA’s safe houses in Lagos for its clandestine operations, TheWill quoted an official of the agency.

The official said Magu, whose confirmation as substantive chairman of the agency has been frustrated by the DSS and the Senate, has been under pressure to show President Muhammadu Buhari the billions of naira he told the president during a meeting that the EFCC had recovered under his leadership. “So he is on a reckless search for monies hence all these strings of raids and seizures within the last one week,” the source who asked not be identified said.

“I can authoritatively tell you that the money belongs to the NIA. The DG has come forward to claim it and has informed my office of the development. He is furious with Magu for his agency’s recklessness and for compromising their operations.”

Meanwhile, Justice Muslim Hassan of a Federal High Court in Lagos Thursday ordered the temporary forfeiture of the cash and ordered that the funds be temporarily forfeited to the Federal Government and adjourned till May 5, 2017, for anyone interested in the funds to show up before him to show cause why the money should not be permanently forfeited to the Federal Government.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/04/national-intelligence-agency-claim-ownership-of-seized-funds-from-ikoyi-lagos-mansion/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2017
Lolzz, they thought its gejs again
Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2017
I give up on this country if this bullshit story is ever accepted cry

3 Likes

Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by deantimes(m): 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2017
This film never end grin
Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by bkool7(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Propaganda .
Nice try op

2 Likes

Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by Lusola15: 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2017
This cant be true
Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by Marotzke(m): 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
lipsrsealed
anwulica:
I give up on this country if this bullshit story is ever accepted cry
Be ready to relocate to Congo. This is the truth.
In order to prove that it is working, EFCC raided the safe house of our foreign intelligence agency and compromised National security.
This one will finally cook Magu's beans.
Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by kunlexy1759(m): 11:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
Should we believ this?
Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by deantimes(m): 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
kunlexy1759:
Should we believ this?

All I know is there's no smoke without fire
Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by kunlexy1759(m): 11:56pm On Apr 13, 2017
deantimes:

All I know is there's no smoke without fire
yeah.
Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by eyeview: 11:58pm On Apr 13, 2017
In the last 48 hours, Sahara reporters have published as breaking news 3 different names of the owners of that money.
First, they broke the news that it was Adamu Muazu.
Then they broke another news that it was Mrs Ogbue, the former MD of nnpc.
They said it's the daughter of Chief Anthony Anenih.

Those guys need to take a break from journalism and reflect on where they are headed before they lose whatever is left of their integrity.
Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by fyneguy: 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
TSA does not apply to NIA?

This story does not add up. NEXT!
Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by modelsms(m): 12:03am On Apr 14, 2017
Sahara reporters has reported more than 50 lies in the past 2 weeks.
I dey shame on their behalf.

BTw check my signature below pls
Re: NIA Claim Ownership Of Seized Funds From Ikoyi-lagos Mansion by Mynd44: 12:04am On Apr 14, 2017

(1)

IPOB Appoints New Leaders / 3 Months Ultimatum: Presidency Reacts To Igbos' Quit Notice From The North / Biafra: The Bitter Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.