Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,329 members, 7,943,817 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:22 AM

Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? (1087 Views)

White Owned Magazine: 'all White Men Must Die For The World To Live'. / Should Nigeria Or Ghana Try To Become Headquarters For AFRICOM? / Why Do White South Africans Refuse To Go Back To Europe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by TippyTop(m): 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2010
For me I think its Nigeria the motherland.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by ElRazur: 1:18pm On Jan 02, 2010
Tippy Top:

For me I think its Nigeria the motherland.

It depends on whom you are asking. For me, Nigeria did nothing for me other than my parents are from there. England have done a lot for me. USA is part of the forces in the world that have ensured that freedom in my opinion is not taken off us. Would I die for any of these countries? No way. grin
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by TippyTop(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2010
@ElRazur
ElRazur:

It depends on whom you are asking. For me, Nigeria did nothing for me other than my parents are from there. England have done a lot for me. USA is part of the forces in the world that have ensured that freedom in my opinion is not taken off us. Would I die for any of these countries? No way. grin

What if there was war, whose side would you be on? I hope its not England. England may have done a lot for me but am reminded of their rascim every day. Try visiting Etham or Rochdale and you'd know what am on about, England is not our home.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by ElRazur: 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2010
Tippy Top:

@ElRazur
What if there was war, whose side would you be on? I hope its not England. England may have done a lot for me but am reminded of their rascim every day. Try visiting Etham or Rochdale and you'd know what am on about, England is not our home.

What a load of non-sense. Racism is everywhere. Fact. To try and say England/UK is rife or plagued with racism is inaccurate. Yes there are places where racist activities occurs, but not "everyday" like you put it. For the record, Eltham becomes synonymous in the media and amongst close minded people when the issue of Stephen Lawrence happened. How many years ago was that? I think you will find things have moved on.

I have friend in Eltham and that don't make such claims. Besides, I drive past eltham when am going to my friend - who happens to post on this forum too.

So you won't support England even though she's done a lot for you, but you will support Nigeria where Tribalism - a strong form of racism - is almost an everyday thing [You can't deny this]. Just look around this forum to see the issues facing us. And you wanna support such nation? Okay, I respect your choice, but I am not sure I would do the same.

In a fight between UK USA and Nigeria, I think Nigeria stands no chance, so why not hang with the winner? grin
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by TippyTop(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2010
ElRazur:

What a load of non-sense. Racism is everywhere. Fact. To try and say England/UK is rife or plagued with racism is inaccurate. Yes there are places where racist activities occurs, but not "everyday" like you put it. For the record, Eltham becomes synonymous in the media and amongst close minded people when the issue of Stephen Lawrence happened. How many years ago was that? I think you will find things have moved on.

I have friend in Eltham and that don't make such claims. Besides, I drive past eltham when am going to my friend - who happens to post on this forum too.

So you won't support England even though she's done a lot for you, but you will support Nigeria where Tribalism - a strong form of racism - is almost an everyday thing [You can't deny this]. Just look around this forum to see the issues facing us. And you wanna support such nation? Okay, I respect your choice, but I am not sure I would do the same.

In a fight between UK USA and Nigeria, I think Nigeria stands no chance, so why not hang with the winner? grin

Rascism is alive and well in England though I must admit compared to other European nations England is better for immigrants.
We can't give up on our homeland just because Nigeria has numerous problems, thats not a valid reason in my book.
Who do you expect to change things in Nigeria? Indian, China etc never gave up and look how world economy is shifting to their region. You're guilty of what you accuse Nigeria for, you want an "already made country" and so do thousands of Nigerians lining in front of the UK/US embassy.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by ElRazur: 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2010
Tippy Top:

Rascism is alive and well in England though I must admit compared to other European nations England is better for immigrants.
We can't give up on our homeland just because Nigeria has numerous problems, thats not a valid reason in my book.
Who do you expect to change things in Nigeria? Indian, China etc never gave up and look how world economy is shifting to their region. You're guilty of what you accuse Nigeria for, you want an "already made country" and so do thousands of Nigerians lining in front of the UK/US embassy.

If racism is alive and well in England - something I am not denying - then Racism flourishing in Nigeria is an understatement. grin

I am not giving up, this is what a few people appears not to understand. In fact, quite the opposite. I want Nigeria to do well, however so many issues are there that it appear it won't be sorted any time soon. Let us put things into perspective shall we?

It took England almost a century - 100 years - to be as advanced as it is right now. How ever, you have to put into consideration that there isn't any computers, technology or various advances for them to take a shortcut. Nigeria on the other hand is 40years plus and we have the computers, the technology and the various modern resources for us to cut short that number of years that it took England. Unfortunately, we are not making use of the chances. We are instead pre-occupy with personal needs, greed, power, corruption - all of these are elements of a backward society, especially when the greater good is been neglected.

I am not keen on a ready-made country, people like me are lucky in the sense that we can call another place home, we are just fortunate and nothing big deal about it.

Speaking of wanting to be part of Nigeria, I was asked recently on these board if I would go home and set up my own business, my answer was NO. You know why? I told them Nigeria is not ready for people like me and instantly, a few people took this as an insult and thinks am a sell out. Well, their problems not mine.

I trained as a Biomedical Scientist - and I am still training [It is one of those jobs where it is a life long training etc] - and given the lack of infrastructure at home, it is almost impossible for me to work effectively. For example, a basic analyser cost almost about £50, 000 and things like Micro assay can range from £10K upwards, then there are things like consumables that are needed daily to allow for analysis in the first place.

Seriously, how many hospitals in Nigeria are equipped for this? You know these things are so expensive that even the hospitals and laboratories here do not buy them outright, but have the machines [main analyser] on a contract hire as it works out cheaper. Then imagine I am in the middle of procedure and bang, there is a blackout - Some of these procedures are time sensitive etc - How do I deal with this? Where is the incentive to want to go home and establish?

You see under those sort of conditions I will not be effective and feel under achieved.  Anyway, you can see why people like me actually want a good Nigeria, but I am not so sure if Nigeria is ready for a Good Nigeria if you see what I mean.

I am not so sure if I answered your question. . . but I think you get the gist. grin
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by TippyTop(m): 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2010
I trained as a Biomedical Scientist - and I am still training [It is one of those jobs where it is a life long training etc] - and given the lack of infrastructure at home, it is almost impossible for me to work effectively. For example, a basic analyser cost almost about £50, 000 and things like Micro assay can range from £10K upwards, then there are things like consumables that are needed daily to allow for analysis in the first place.

If you were serious in wanting a change you'd use  the equipment other Nigerian Biomedical Scientist are using.

You see under those sort of conditions I will not be effective and feel under achieved.
You won't feel underachieved because you would save more lives in Nigeria than in the UK. Your experience of the Western world would help in educating other Biomedical Scientist.

Anyway, you can see why people like me actually want a good Nigeria, but I am not so sure if Nigeria is ready for a Good Nigeria if you see what I mean.

Nigeria is ready but not enough heroes wanting to make the requisite sacrifice in making Nigeria a good Nigeria.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by ElRazur: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2010
Tippy Top:

If you were serious in wanting a change you'd use  the equipment other Nigerian Biomedical Scientist are using.

You see that is another misconception. A BMS is a protected title, so as such, there won't be any in Nigeria. Yes there are Laboratory Scientist, Lab technician, but trust me they are all different from a BMS.

Again that is what one person was attacking me on when I made the point. He claims there are Lab scientist in the lab in lagos blah blah blah.

You won't feel underachieved because you would save more lives in Nigeria than in the UK. Your experience of the Western world would help in educating other Biomedical Scientist.

You really do not understand, I won't be effective, lives may be lost in my hands. I don't know about you, but I really do not feel comfortable about that. smiley

Tippy Top:

Nigeria is ready but not enough heroes wanting to make the requisite sacrifice in making Nigeria a good Nigeria.

I don't wanna be no Hero, I just want to do what I am trained to do. Nigeria, just so happened no to have the things I need in place. I suggest you look up on what it takes to run a diagnostics laboratory. I am not talking about laboratories where screening for Malaria, Pregnancy, and all other generic procedures are carried out. I am talking about running a lab where you have phlebotomist, transfusion scientist, Haematologist, Microbiologist, Pathologist, Cytologist et al have to work together or individually depending on the case.

It is all easy to claim "Oh yeah you will do it if you really want to do it" etc. But in practice, it is not the way you are claiming.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2010
I would not die for Nigeria, much as I like the country.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by Billygoat(m): 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2010
I would prefer to make my enemy die for his country rather than me die for mine.

I spent 25 years in the Military and I can tell you that men don't risk their life for their Country. They risk it for their friends and fellow fighters.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by grafikdon: 5:38am On Jan 04, 2010
I will not die for Nigeria, since I do not believe it is a real country in the right sense of the word. I don't give a damn about England. It is USA for me, as simple as that.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by JeSoul(f): 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
Kai, this is tough . . .
  my brain tells me America
  my heart tells me Nigeria

but I think I'll go with Billygoat:
Billygoat:
I spent 25 years in the Military and I can tell you that men don't risk their life for their Country. They risk it for their friends and fellow fighters.
I concur 100%. I wouldn't think twice to risk my life for certain friends and family.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2010
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe?

Whoever is right. cheesy
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by debosky(m): 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2010
I will die for Mushin. Mushin 4 lyfe!!! tongue
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by Roforofo(m): 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
I will die for Kalakuta. Everybody say yeah yeah! grin
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by mamagee3(f): 1:38am On Jan 14, 2010
I wouldn't die for any country,
Life is more precious than death
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 15, 2010
I like my country 9ja but life is too sweet to ever think of dying for it
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by platinumnk(f): 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2010
Neither, unless my family is involved.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by ElRazur: 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2010
platinumnk:

Neither, unless my family is involved.

I go die for you though. grin
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2010
I hate these sort of questions cause they are usually based on the poster's guilt. So, you have somehow convinced yourself that the UK is worse(even though you probably still choose to live there), what next ? @Poster. When do youi plan to die for Nigeria?
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by Isa4ril(m): 9:51am On Jan 18, 2010
It all about individual differences, but i tall anybody who really cares to listen that Nigeria is home
U may have schooled in Europe or America but non of thid countries are worth anybodies stress not even the United state of America.
I don't know if all this punk asses who are writing in favour of America and Europe have forgotten easily wat the coucacian race did to the people of africa and Nigeria in particular, wat is this talk of which side will u take, men Bleep the white imperialist and Bleep the United state of America.
I saw some fools writing and talking about freedom, mumu are u a free man right now, where u are seating, u know nothing about freedom and hypocracy.
Some times u gatta have hope and surely wewill succeed together.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
Isa4ril:

It all about individual differences, but i tall anybody who really cares to listen that Nigeria is home
U may have schooled in Europe or America but non of thid countries are worth anybodies stress not even the United state of America.
I don't know if all this punk asses who are writing in favour of America and Europe have forgotten easily wat the coucacian race did to the people of africa and Nigeria in particular, wat is this talk of which side will u take, men bleep the white imperialist and bleep the United state of America.
I saw some fools writing and talking about freedom, mumu are u a free man right now, where u are seating, u know nothing about freedom and hypocracy.
Some times u gatta have hope and surely wewill succeed together.

You really don't see how your own words crucify you, do you? You profess it is about INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES, yet you are quick to SCOLD THOSE who do not share YOUR personal opinion that Nigeria is YOUR HOME?

Why insult others for not seeing the world throiugh your own eyes? Gosh!!! Are you too closed up to see the world is NOT about you and the way YOU see it? People have their own HOMES, does not have to be YOURS.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by ElRazur: 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You really don't see how your own words crucify you, do you? You profess it is about INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES, yet you are quick to SCOLD THOSE who do not share YOUR personal opinion that Nigeria is YOUR HOME?

Why insult others for not seeing the world throiugh your own eyes? Gosh!!! Are you too closed up to see the world is NOT about you and the way YOU see it? People have their own HOMES, does not have to be YOURS.

To further highlight the irony. . . .He/she appears to be talking in Americanised English. lmao. grin
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by bkbaybe99: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2010
I'll die for Brooklyn, baybee baybay.
Re: Which Would You Die For? Nigeria Or Usa / Europe? by SapeleGuy: 11:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
Don't go and copy the underwear bomber and roast your nuts.

No country is worth dying for. If it was so, the presidents and prime ministers would be first in line to receive their bullets.

My guy leave that thing.

(1) (Reply)

Us Wont Sent Army To Fight For Israel If She Attack Iran Uniliterally - Obama / Staten Island Man Dies After NYPD Cop Puts Him In Chokehold / Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.