Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,664 members, 7,968,914 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:00 PM

Nigerians Parent Should Be Told The Difference Between Discipline And Abuse! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians Parent Should Be Told The Difference Between Discipline And Abuse! (705 Views)

Baby Sleep Myths Every Parent Should Know / "7 Truths About Marriage You Will Not Be Told" / He Told The Truth About His Brother’s Bride And Everybody Hates Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Parent Should Be Told The Difference Between Discipline And Abuse! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 04, 2010
It's very easy for teachers to punish students 4 wrong doing.but they alway dn't knw d consequences.especially in cases where people get punish under the sun,which is the easiest form of developing skin cancer.cancer kills as much as aid n malaria in our present day
Re: Nigerians Parent Should Be Told The Difference Between Discipline And Abuse! by rerute1(m): 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2010
You re right man
Re: Nigerians Parent Should Be Told The Difference Between Discipline And Abuse! by Dclique(m): 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2010
An african man doesn't care about abuse. Discipline is Discipline. Its no crime.
Re: Nigerians Parent Should Be Told The Difference Between Discipline And Abuse! by agathamari(f): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2010
lost cause. you try to teach the difference and they just start in with the whole "the bible says" line. i have tried and given up
Re: Nigerians Parent Should Be Told The Difference Between Discipline And Abuse! by DonEse125(f): 8:43am On Jan 08, 2010
You cant chang people's minds about this one.
I've been flogged with canes,belts,wires,been beaten with shoes,slippers,sticks etc at home and in school(i went to a military school),i suffered. Apart from the general floggings,the punishments were . . . crazy. There was lying under the sun for hours,crawlin on your knees around the school(and there were stones on the ground),and after just a few minutes my knees would tear and get bloody,and then there was my favorite,rolling. A soldier would be on one end and another soldier would be on the other. The student/s lie on the field,water is poured on them,and they roll from one end to the other(while being flogged by the soldiers on both ends when they get there),stones in the ground piercing their clothes,it's terrible really.
A lot of nigerians have the misconception that the harder you flog a child,the more likely that child is to be good,etc. What they don't know is that after a while we get used to it and the floggin doesnt really mean anything. There are usually more effective ways of disciplining kids.
Re: Nigerians Parent Should Be Told The Difference Between Discipline And Abuse! by Joan4427(f): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
I agree with poster. Punishment and abuse are two different things.

Admit it or not the instances of 'brutal abuse' of kids by parents and teachers in the name of 'correction' are fast diminishing. I guess education has a lot to do with this advancement.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help / Love On The Other Side Of The Fence / Is It Okay For Your Child To Be Gay ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.