Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,150 members, 7,977,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:28 AM

For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? (5295 Views)

Northern Elders Forum Kicks Against Nigeria’s Division / Is One Nigeria Possible? / Shuibu Moni Appears In New Video, Issues Fresh Threats Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by mikolo80: 5:43am On Apr 29, 2017
jjjjj2017:
I only argue with people that has functioning brain. Kindly ask any sensible person around you to explain all my post to you & help you with the appropriate words to reply then I will tutor you.
yet you're still talking, shows you're not using yours
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by mikolo80: 5:53am On Apr 29, 2017
successmatters:

Can you listen to yourself?
no I am not as self absorbed as you are
So you voted buharry so you can still use your hands to fight killers, killers, what killers? I'm not fighting cow killers, are your? no help from the mighty federal government again? when last did federal or state or local or any govt help u If I spend my time fighting Fulani militia, why am I a Nigerian again? cos that's what you do when building a country Some people are armed to fight while others are left to die.
they chose to die
Goodluck was votes out because they said he didn't fight insurgency, no he was voted out because he was ineffectual buffoon and sidelined south west now we have insurgency in high gear and still people are not blaming this federal government because they are from the north and south west?
that's what south east get for sidelining a major section of the country that they needed to win. crass stupidity
This country is so so rotten.
no it isn't. it's the people that are finished
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by mikolo80: 5:57am On Apr 29, 2017
SMH
just SMH
so true true when you point 4 finger point to you.
see as the keu fit you. expert Alfa.
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by mikolo80: 5:59am On Apr 29, 2017
successmatters:

Which successes happened in Benue where herdsmen still slaughter the indigenes at will?

Which successes happened in southern Kaduna where Fulani militias are paid and still they kill hundreds of indigene in their houses.

Which successes happened in all parts of Nigeria where Fulani cows are allowed to chew the crops of every farmer, rape the farmers and still kill those that resist, what sort of dirty counter is this.

Buharry is the worst leader to have ever led any county in this world.
na d benue and kaduna ppl wan die. so why should I cry more than the bereaved
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by Justiceleague1: 7:13am On Aug 08, 2017
deedeedee1:
Nigeria will be great. Blah! Blah!blah! Your fathers once said it. Now you are saying it. That means your children will also say it. Dont you guys get tired?
You keep doing same thing and expecting a different result. Nigeria was created by the British. Funny enough, the same British people are doing things in sensible ways by allowing referendum. Shouldn't you be like them.

this was when you were thinking straight grin
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by thedragon: 3:36am On Mar 30, 2018
I think Nigerian government powers should be decentralized with local governers making the best decisions for their own region since they know that region best. The government model should be based on American model.
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by Patrioticooduan: 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hmmm...
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by Kamanuozuzu: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
izombie:
Op if you can tell me one thing in this present day nigeria that is working the way it should, i will support one nigeria. I'm waiting for your reply

I'm dropping 10k for OP if he can say one... just one thing.
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by wirinet(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
thedragon:
I think Nigerian government powers should be decentralized with local governers making the best decisions for their own region since they know that region best. The government model should be based on American model.
Yorkshire brother it is not about British model, American model or even Chinese model, it about VALUE model. An average Nigerian is greedy, vain, lazy (and not just the youths, the adults including the political class are lazier) and unprincipled. We had tried the British model, it failed. We tried the American model, it has failed, which model shall we try next?
If you give local governors much power, then the governors will further misuse it. They already misuse the limited power at their disposal. We would just have the problem of misuse of power as presently experienced at the hands of the FG times 36. Then when you also give more powers to local government, you will need to times the problem by 774.

The problems caused by decentralisation was made the first Republic break down and plunged us into a 30 months civil war. If the region's are very powerful, what stops them seceding from the central government?
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by Patrioticooduan: 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
wirinet:

Yorkshire brother it is not about British model, American model or even Chinese model, it about VALUE model. An average Nigerian is greedy, vain, lazy (and not just the youths, the adults including the political class are lazier) and unprincipled. We had tried the British model, it failed. We tried the American model, it has failed, which model shall we try next?
If you give local governors much power, then the governors will further misuse it. They already misuse the limited power at their disposal. We would just have the problem of misuse of power as presently experienced at the hands of the FG times 36. Then when you also give more powers to local government, you will need to times the problem by 774.

The problems caused by decentralisation was made the first Republic break down and plunged us into a 30 months civil war. If the region's are very powerful, what stops them seceding from the central government?
The British one failed because of ethnic tension. Nigeria should be split. It should not have existed
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by blackfase(m): 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
You know, im like in my forties and we've been chanting the "e go better" lyrics since i was like ten. From then till now i can tell ya things have gone like five times worse than then. Truth is d country is all dead and gone, but can only wish ya luck with your hoping. Your entitled to it, i did mine years ago but truth is its hopeless for anything to change in this contraption as things presently are....

Angel196:
One of the most popularly discussed topics on the Nigerian social media platform today is it's possible division. I hear it been discussed left and right and to be honest I'm sick and tired of it.

Should Biafra be allowed free reign as another country?

My opinion? I couldn't care less. I remain indifferent to these arguments. And I honestly don't know why they are stopping them. If they are so desperate to have their own country fine. Everyone is free to choose but no one is free from the consequences of their actions. There are always consequences from every action whether good or bad.

All I know is that, with or without them, Nigeria can and will still be great. In short there would be less pressure on resources and make it easier for Nigeria to get rid of corruption and monitor the country better.

No offence but you claim you want your own country and all yet you are found everywhere in Nigeria.

I read a post from an Igbo man today who said a lot of enlightening things about Biafra and how he didn't support the idea of it.https://www.nairaland.com/3753648/why-think-biafra-may-not
. But one thing with people is that they find it hard to see and accept the truth even if it drops from the sky and hits them on the face.

Nigeria in this critical stage have more important things to face than dividing their time and resources on things like this. If they want it so bad let them go and try their luck in building a country and see how 'easy' it is.

I pray for Nigeria and know there's hope for it.
Re: For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? by oooduancalmdown: 11:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nigeria will never work jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News / Bola Tinubu's Convoy.. 66 Vehicles (video) / FG - Boko Haram Dialogue: NOA Asks For Tolerance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.