Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,098 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:11 PM

Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? (707 Views)

Short Talk On Unity During #bringbackourgirls Sit-out At Unity Fountain Abuja; S / God Wants To Talk To You Now - Prophet Olaye George / Brief Talk On Taraweeh,itikaf,laylatul Qadr And Eid-ul-fitr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
Hello peeps,
It's a pity Nairaland does not have a science section where people can exchange ideas on latest scientific discoveries, or perhaps just discuss generally on scientific ideas. Discussing these things is actually the main reason I joined this terrible forum, but unfortunately no results . . .
So, am posting this in the religious section, since it's my favorite.

Now, have been studying Wiener filters and Kalman filters for sometime now. It's proving a bit difficult. Has anyone done something on this, or does anyone have good knowledge of these filters? and using MATLAB for all of these?
Now, stu.pid posters shouldn't begin recommending searching the internet. . . for christ's sake, am posting on the internet!!!

I'd really like someone who can also meet for discussions (face-to-face, if possible). . . ?

Sauer
Re: Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? by viaro: 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2010
sauer:

Hello peeps,
It's a pity Nairaland does not have a science section where people can exchange ideas on latest scientific discoveries, or perhaps just discuss generally on scientific ideas. Discussing these things is actually the main reason I joined this terrible forum, but unfortunately no results . . .
So, am posting this in the religious section, since it's my favorite.

Hello sauer. Well, I would say that Nairaland rocks! I didn't plan to stay long when I joined, but here I am today. .

I think that with time as interest builds, there would be good reason for a board to be created for science and philosophy discussions. So, we could just start off by sharing points of interest along such lines until more posters support that move with enough interest and number of posts to sustain such sections.

However, what would you like to share about the latest science discoveries?

_________

edit:

PS. I haven't done anything tangible on Wiener filters and Kalman filters. But welcome to share. wink
Re: Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? by Tudor6(f): 4:21am On Jan 05, 2010
Never heard of them filters. . .what are they?
Re: Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? by ow11(m): 8:46am On Jan 05, 2010
Errrrr. . . I thought there was an education section? undecided
Re: Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2010
Cool to hear from you guys. Wiener filters were proposed by some american engineer long time ago (mid-20th century). Am just quite intrigued by them because they use a lot of mathematics. They produce outputs which are closer to an intended output, and then by some feedback process the filter parameters are modified using some algorithms (LMS) and output is finer. For me, it's just the mathematics that's kind of. . . .
In what field of science are viaro and Tudor? And to see Tudor is female. . . I didn't know that! Does any of you do maths? Is there a filter designer in here?

I think I've seen one or two posts viaro posts and it was on dark matter (correct?)
I read some things lately on New Scientist, about devices being built to detect dark matter. It's quite clever what they aim to do. Make these weak particles interact and observe the results. But has anyone stopped to think this universal search for dark matter is just like the then late 19th century search for the infamous ether? Okay, maybe the effects of dark matter can be directly observed, unlike the then ether. That aside, dark matter may be real anyway but if then must be detectable on earth, don't you think? or is there a critical mass below which it is undetectable and that's why it isn't to be seen on earth? But again it constitutes about 95% of the observed universe!
What does anyone think of dark matter at all?

Please no silly religious poster posting stuffs like god is showing himself using dark matter! I'll delete such posts my self smiley
Re: Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? by mazaje(m): 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2010
I will love to see a section mainly for science and scientific discussions. . . . .Personally I am interested in scientific discoveries like the Nano X-ray tube and Pathological proteins produce polymers.

sauer:

I think I've seen one or two posts viaro posts and it was on dark matter (correct?)
I read some things lately on New Scientist, about devices being built to detect dark matter. It's quite clever what they aim to do. Make these weak particles interact and observe the results. But has anyone stopped to think this universal search for dark matter is just like the then late 19th century search for the infamous ether?

It might turn out to be just like the ether thing. . .  grin

Please no silly religious poster posting stuffs like god is showing himself using dark matter! I'll delete such posts my self smiley

Which of the gods is dark matter since there are so many gods. . .  grin grin. .  .
Re: Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? by Tudor6(f): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2010
Truth is a science board would be of no use. How many members here give a crap about science and philosophical discussions?

Abuzola and his scandalous threads including ones like "I hate Islam/christianity", "Mohammd is a pae.dophile", "Jesus is a liar", "Adeboye and Oyedepo ra.pe 2 year old", "Where was God during the genocide", "I denounce Atheism, I'm born again" etc attract more replies and reactions from diverse people than the so called science/philosophy threads. Any time such is opened (phil/sci topics) you get replies from the SAME set of people EVERYTIME. But with abuzola you see people who have never posted here in addition to the regulars here chipping in.

Scandal sells and Abuzola has made more money for seun than most of us regular posters here.
Re: Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? by jagunlabi(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2010
Tudór:

Truth is a science board would be of no use. How many members here give a crap about science and philosophical discussions?

Abuzola and his scandalous threads including ones like "I hate Islam/christianity", "Mohammd is a pae.dophile", "Jesus is a liar", "Adeboye and Oyedepo ra.pe 2 year old", "Where was God during the genocide", "I denounce Atheism, I'm born again" etc attract more replies and reactions from diverse people than the so called science/philosophy threads. Any time such is opened (phil/sci topics) you get replies from the SAME set of people EVERYTIME. But with abuzola you see people who have never posted here in addition to the regulars here chipping in.

Scandal sells and Abuzola has made more money for seun than most of us regular posters here.
It depends on the topics discussed.If people are only interested in discussing obsolete scientific topics just to show off their scientific knowledge, then the forum will be of a short lifespan.But it does not have to be that way for there are so many scientific topics that laymen like myself can find interesting to follow.

How about topics like;
1)The global warming,the veracity of the  "science" behind it, and the climategate scandal.
2)The wormhole theory
3)The human heart as being more than just a blood pumping organ, but as the strongest electromagnetic field generator in the human anatomy, the "TUBE TAURUS" and the possible link with the planet's electromagnetic field.What does it all mean for mankind?
4)Will there be a reversal of earth's electromagnetic field?
Re: Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? by mazaje(m): 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2010
jagunlabi:

It depends on the topics discussed.If people are only interested in discussing obsolete scientific topics just to show off their scientific knowledge, then the forum will be of a short lifespan.But it does not have to be that way for there are so many scientific topics that laymen like myself can find interesting to follow.

How about topics like;
1)The global warming,the veracity of the  "science" behind it, and the climategate scandal.
2)The wormhole theory
3)The human heart as being more than just a blood pumping organ, but as the strongest electromagnetic field generator in the human anatomy, the "TUBE TAURUS" and the possible link with the planet's electromagnetic field.What does it all mean for mankind?
4)Will there be a reversal of earth's electromagnetic field?

Very true, topics about global warming and the science behind it will be good for discussion, others related to astronomy and discussions like colliding galaxies will be interesting I believe. . . .
Re: Anyone Wants To Talk On Science? Filters, Electromagnetism? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2010
Isn't global warming real? Isn't it evident that the continuous burning of fuel must have a detrimental effect on human existence? Isn't it just enough that inhaling CO kills?
I think greener sources should be looked into. Solar panels are not very efficient, but who is aware of the latest efforts to use nanotechnology in solar panel research and the difficulty of arranging the nano crystals to form a definite array?
Is there anyone on NL working in the modern laboratory where top researches are carried out? preferably in electrical engineering

(1) (Reply)

‘dad Rejected Me, Pastor Adeboye Blessed Me. He’s Now My Father’ / Extraordinary Power – Karu, Nigeria – Day 2 ( See Pictures) / Real, Durable Riches & Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.