Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? (37658 Views)

Why Buhari Doesn't Wear Face-Mask - Lauretta Onochie / Moses Jolayemi: Buhari Doesn't Know How To Send Text Message / "If President Buhari Doesn't Win 2019 Election I Will Kill Myself" - Man (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by BTT(m): 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
Oyetan.

This is a humourous Yoruba chieftancy title that means 'there are no more untaken titles'.

Oyetan. The flip side of this title implies the 'dearth of worthy 'character'' (mind the pun). There will always be leadership roles to be played but the austerity of quality individuals will always rubbish that position. This is the all-time tragedy of the Nigeria experience.

The biggest failure of leadership, like humanity, is the inability to reproduce replacements. Few Nigerian (political and economic) leaders, if any, mentor others. They come. They go. They put stooges because they prime loyalty against character and competence, and the orb goes in bits.

This is our nemesis. With over 70% of Africa's presidents above age 70, it goes to tell that we are too scared to brood change. And doomed we are!

I see young men and women on our streets and at work everyday. Smart, brilliant, cool- and like they say, upwardly mobile, but too afraid and too indifferent about political power. The future never looks bright that way! Younger people must aspire to political offices. Fellow young people MUST help support that ideology and drive it.

For now, for the Nigerian youths, the chieftancy well befitting is 'Oyetan'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by rozayx5(m): 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
me

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by malware: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
nkwuocha:
There may not be any election afterall.Nigeria is a sinking ship. The only possibility I see is Osibanjo sitting there in 8 years time.

Buhari's mortality is ticking real fast these days.

So as yours

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by ismart: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
Anything aside Osinbanjo, I am not part of it.

4 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Aburi001: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
maclatunji:

He always seems to be around all the time but never wins. Do you think the forces against him will still not prevail this time?
Not until OBJ dies, Atiku will never seat on the throne.

He is free to continue smelling it

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by goodsamaritan2: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
If only Donald Duke will contest. i will vote for him 100%

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by wristbangle: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
[s][/s]
inconsequential opinion

Speaking from someone with weird signature. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
If Buhari dies, let his Ghost contest. Aso Rock na their property.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by rose54321: 12:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
As much as I'm not a fan of Tinubu If he shows interest I'll vote for him. Though he stole in Lagos he still worked.

Stealing/corruption will take decades to leave Nigeria. So when choosing someone corrupt I'll rather one with a history of performance.

Else I'll be voting for KOWA.
The likes of Tambuwal, Saraki, El Rufai. A big NO

4 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
If

If Buhari doesn't run

So if he runs, people will still vote for him

A country with citizens born to suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by mmsen: 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
maclatunji:

He always seems to be around all the time but never wins. Do you think the forces against him will still not prevail this time?

The same was said of Buhari.

No one who has been involved in the FG over the past 18 years should run.

No one who has administered a state with more than 50% illiteracy should run.

Let Donald Duke and another run.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by hammer6: 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
ATIKU IS ALREADY THE NEXT PRESIDENT.

WHO IS GOING TO STOP HIM? OBA OF LAGOS OR OBJ OR YORUBA AGBERO?

ATIKU IS NOT GEJ, HE IS AN HAUSAFULANI MAN FROM THE NORTH.

EVEN MORE DANGEROUS, THE OIL RICH REGION OF THE SS/SE SEEM TO LIKE HIM.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by eugochukwu: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
emamos:
Nnamdi kanu
Hmmmmm / Hiaaaan
Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
emamos:
Nnamdi kanu

God! Invalids plenty for nairaland

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Realdeals(m): 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
If his health improves President Buhari will contest and win with less stress.
Within the first 2 years to his 2nd tenure, he will wage the fiercest battle against corruption and other people that are taken his silence for granted, after which he'll resign to allow the VP to continue.
Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by shurch(m): 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
Any party that decides to use Atiku for the next presidential aspirant will only fail woefully, a new young vibrant Northerner will make headlines.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by blaqroy: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
They have used the broom to sweep their future not mine embarassed embarassed
Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Koolking(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Looking at the horizon, there is no formidable contender for 2019. What remains are tested and corruption-indicted politicians. Nigeria has no room for corrupt politicians again. We have all learnt our lesson.

PMB does not need to campaign for next election. We have all agreed to keep him in the presidency and God has honoured our collective agreement. Otherwise, we will import a president.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Klington: 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
[s][/s]
inconsequential opinion
please show me how to do this cancelation cos is better to cancel some of their trashes like this. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by wristbangle: 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Osibanjo/Ribadu or Peter Obi would make sense

5 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Temptee101(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
This country should just break up for God's sake

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Jabioro: 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
The one wey dey our mouths we never chop am finished, to swallow am self na wahala, all the bitter pill wey dem pack give us still dey for table dey looks. for eye I beg make hear words, if we reach 2019 we go cross am
Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Marksule(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Its me.....MARKSULE

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by oruma19: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
We need a foreign president to put things in order. More like having a foreign coach like Clemens westahof as super eagles coach.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by seangy4konji: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
Alhaji tekno.
Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by DropShot: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
So, apart from running mouth online that PMB will be defeated in 2019, it's even this tough naming just someone capable of winning an election even without him contesting!

Those mentioning Atiku should just forget that expensive play. If Atiku ever becomes president, the looting of JEG's era will be a child's play.

4 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by owooba: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
I pray My beloved country NIGERIA wake the F'up, when 2019 reach, we need a young intelligent and up to date candidate that can drive the country to the right direction and not no Atiku, or anyone from that set of class.... neutral candidate that have a good heart for the country, Naija people wake up and stop praise all this criminals that you people like to worship to much, when they come yankee i swear they all they humble expect for nigeria they tor with you guys, for real.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Nebuzaradan: 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
momentarylapse:

Yes I agree with you my bitter alobam Buhari is a terrorist
yes
Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by robosky02(m): 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Mimzyy for president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Was Actually Distributed To Farmers During Buhari’s Visit To Bauchi / Obasanjo Launches 2MW Solar Power Plant In Abeokuta / Ganduje Bribery: Jaafar Jaafar Answering Questions In Kano House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.