Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:46 AM

How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua (26594 Views)

Anthony Joshua's Close Friends Die Of Coronavirus / Exposed:The Nigerian Boxing Official Who Rejected Anthony Joshua 10 Years Ago / Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by olamikhail(m): 11:43am On May 01, 2017
aribisala0:

Tell us which Olympics he went to year and place

I can see you one really fustrated mumu for you to be responding without checking your facts #donaldtrumpstyle.

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 11:59am On May 01, 2017
martineverest:
oga , the story I read on ESPN sports says Joshua came late to trials and after the trials have been concluded...... Who do u blame?

But you do know if it was a favoured son of a high ranking politician or senator they would have included him in the list

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by aribisala0(m): 12:03pm On May 01, 2017
olamikhail:

I can see you one really fustrated mumu for you to be responding without checking your facts #donaldtrumpstyle.

So you can see that not only are you stupid you are illiterate.

There was no Olympics in 1982 . I asked you where it was and you cannot answer.slowpoke!

The Olympics holds every 4 years 1980 Moscow1984 Los Angeles 1988 Seoul 1992 Barcelona

So please tell us where the 1982 Olympics took place?

You are daft

The so called "junior" Olympics was a United States INTERNAL National event for Americans as part of their preparation for the olymppics. Many countries have similar events too which are not to be conflated with The Olympic Games at all

Mike Tyson failed to qualify for the 1984 Olympic games
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by kMan2204(m): 1:09pm On May 01, 2017
aribisala0:

So you can see that not only are you stupid you are illiterate.

There was no Olympics in 1982 . I asked you where it was and you cannot answer.slowpoke!

The Olympics holds every 4 years 1980 Moscow1984 Los Angeles 1988 Seoul 1992 Barcelona

So please tell us where the 1982 Olympics took place?

You are daft

The so called "junior" Olympics was a United States INTERNAL National event for Americans as part of their preparation for the olymppics. Many countries have similar events too which are not to be conflated with The Olympic Games at all

Mike Tyson failed to qualify for the 1984 Olympic games

why you finish him now?
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by cooldood(m): 1:19pm On May 01, 2017
Handsomecutepie:

You are a fool like your fellow worthless kinsmen from your erosion ravaged region.

I guess your Kanu and JJ Okocha played for England before they become what they eventually became...

I also guess that all the foreign players(Nigerians living in diaspora with dual citizenship) in our National Basketball team and Nollywood were given chances in UK before being allowed in Nigeria to make their names

Just Bleep off Animals living in Zoo
You just displayed your animal kingdom traits...lol...who knows you may just be the gatekeeper of the zoo.lol.e de pain am.

You mentioned Kanu or JJ, and I still pity your orientation, if they got to where they got with little to no support from your fellow zoomates and zooheads,lol, you and your zooleaders should imagine where they'd have gotten to with full support.Just the last olympics says it all, zoogerian athletes were left to beg for funds to go display their talents, ordinary track-suit, your zoogerian leaders couldnt provide.One of the athletes later went on twitter saying she'd never represent zoogeria again,lol,i was just laffing,cos she never know jack.

As for you,i know you aint got any talent or skills to show the world, except displaying animalistic tendencies, so keep displaying ur skills here...yeye.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by aribisala0(m): 1:28pm On May 01, 2017
kMan2204:

why you finish him now?
na jeje I dey go him just come open him mouth like yansh
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Nationale: 1:36pm On May 01, 2017
The guy is lucky he had alternative. A lot of talents in Nigeria are being wasted on yearly basis due to nepotism. I have made up my mind. Once my football crazy son turns 13 I will ship him abroad with a strict instruction never to represent Nigeria. We love already made talents but lack the mindset to nurture them to maturity.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by naijamerican: 1:55pm On May 01, 2017
Nigeria is full of stupid people, so this surprises no one.

Good luck to AJ anyways. Thankfully he succeeded despite Nigeria making every effort to derail his career.

God help this forsaken country.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by brojoshua: 2:30pm On May 01, 2017
Of course it was and is because of corruption. Because corruption is a native of Nigeria. It is because corruption is a Nigerian. Corruption destroys and finishes every thing in Nigeria. Almost all Nigerians are wickedly corrupt and corruption is everywhere and starting from Nigeria's church and that of the church is most evil
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by alexarelano(m): 2:31pm On May 01, 2017
Same case as of David Olatokunbo Alaba
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by maxilly(m): 2:58pm On May 01, 2017
He was lucky to be rejected because he wouldn't have gone this far with the epileptic management of sport in this country.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 01, 2017
brojoshua:
Of course it was and is because of corruption. Because corruption is a native of Nigeria. It is because corruption is a Nigerian. Corruption destroys and finishes every thing in Nigeria. Almost all Nigerians are wickedly corrupt and corruption is everywhere and starting from Nigeria's church and that of the church is most evil
E be like say you be politician.You no mention politics you jump straight to church.aba!
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Awoo88: 3:12pm On May 01, 2017
martineverest:
ESPN gave a different story...... It was Joshua's fault..... The reporter was amazed because Nigeria is widely known for favouring foreign athletes compared to locals
Are you sure you heard espn right Nigeria don't give a nobody chance unless that nobody is extremely lucky
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Revolva(m): 3:13pm On May 01, 2017
Nigeria is a shameful place to be born in....i swear
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Handsomecutepie: 4:29pm On May 01, 2017
cooldood:

You just displayed your animal kingdom traits...lol...who knows you may just be the gatekeeper of the zoo.lol.e de pain am.

You mentioned Kanu or JJ, and I still pity your orientation, if they got to where they got with little to no support from your fellow zoomates and zooheads,lol, you and your zooleaders should imagine where they'd have gotten to with full support.Just the last olympics says it all, zoogerian athletes were left to beg for funds to go display their talents, ordinary track-suit, your zoogerian leaders couldnt provide.One of the athletes later went on twitter saying she'd never represent zoogeria again,lol,i was just laffing,cos she never know jack.

As for you,i know you aint got any talent or skills to show the world, except displaying animalistic tendencies, so keep displaying ur skills here...yeye.

lol at your stupidity. It's now obvious that you are nothing but a self-pitied and poverty-stricken scumbag. There are better talented players than JJ and Kanu in other countries of the world but who couldn't make it through due to poor economy of their countries and other factors. Nigeria has provided a platform for your worthless fellow kinsmen over the years to showcase their talents but all we got as a country was " Bunch of shameless drug pushers".

You and your kinsmen have done more damages to the name of our great country than what your entire both old and new generations have contributed to the development of this great country.

Let's even imagine your Biafranation being represented by all these Ikechukwus in a world tournament, pls, how do you intend to secure Visas for these criminals when all the Embassies in Nigeria already knew that you guys are drug pushers and criminals?

Having lived with you scumbags over the years, i can imagine how disorganised you guys ll look like as a country. If your 5 states couldn't attract other Nigerians for business and economic reasons, then, a doomsday is loomingly waiting for you guys. By then, it ll be too late to return as Nigerians. However, you guys ll be allowed to come back here as immigrants with right papers.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Truth234(m): 4:34pm On May 01, 2017
martineverest:
oga , the story I read on ESPN sports says Joshua came late to trials and after the trials have been concluded...... Who do u blame?

That story was a pure lie, Joshua has not been to Nigeria since he was 11 years old. He only wrote Nigerian Boxing Federation and they ask him to come down for trial he didn't.

Joshua started training as a boxer in 2007, that is exactly the same year he wanted to represent Nigeria in Olympic. He was also a part-time bricklayer and amateur boxer as at the time, and couldn't even make European amateur tour talkless of the Olympic team. So if he can't even make GB's team trial, how do you think he would perform in Olympic?. Even 4 years later we hardcore boxing fans knows he was gifted the gold medal because it was hosted in London.

People should stop lying about what truly happened.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by linearity: 6:12pm On May 01, 2017
martineverest:
Before u start commenting foolishly, ask ursef: Nigeria is known for favoring foreign athletes to locals, Y was he rejected?

I watched the interview of Mr nwakpa on ESPN and he gave his reasons and he was right

Can you educate us. Some of us didn't watch that interview and some don't even have access to.

Your insight and education will shade more light on this and provide another perspective.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by kachiz(m): 12:03am On May 02, 2017
Basic123:
If Nigeria is an human being,she will be a mad person.

You are very wicked grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach / Real Madrid’s Social Accounts Hacked – Hacker; A Die-hard Messi Fan / We Play On Empty Stomachs, Borrow Money To Eat — Nigerian Footballers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.