Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,167 members, 7,916,413 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:48 PM

Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. (782 Views)

Governor Akeredolu Inaugurates Operation Amotekun In Ondo (PHOTOS) / Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs / Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by TheSociopath(m): 7:17am On May 07, 2017
GOOD NEWS: Governor Akeredolu set to to bring about over 300,000 jobs in Ondo state.

Author: Aanu Adegun

The Ondo state Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, the deputy governor, Agboola Ajayi and the entire cabinet members of the state on Friday met with the representatives of the governments of Britain, Australian and Algeria and some multilateral agencies and donor organizations on how to tap into investment opportunities that abound in the nook and crannies of his state.

NAIJ.com learnt that the event took place at Dunes Centre, Maitama, Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. The discussion, according to source who spoke to NAIJ.com was focused on issues such as the reactivation of Olokola Free Trade Zone, refortification of Owena Oil and Gas Limited and Owena Energy Ltd. Resuscitation of moribund companies such as Oluwa Glass, Igbokoda; Ifon Ceramics, Ifon; Bolorunduro Timbers; Bolorunduro; Okitipupa Oil Palm Mills; Okitipupa; Cocoa Processing Company, Ile-Oluji; Arigidi-Akoko Tomatoe factory, Arigidi etc. Other issues focused on were refurbishment and re-privatization of Idanre Hills Resort and Idanre Golf Course, Bitumen exploration in the as well as the establishment of a Deep Sea Port in the southern senatorial district of the state.

NAIJ.com learnt that the Atlantic Ocean which passes through the state is ranked as the deepest in West Africa sub-region. In his opening remarks, chairman of the local organizing committee (LOC), Temitope Runsewe, said the essence of the diplomatic dinner was to expose the diplomats and other investors present to the investment opportunities in the state. He said the dinner was the first of the its kind in the history of the 40-year old state.

Akeredolu, in his speech, took his time to highlight why Ondo state must be prioritized by foreign missions, investors and other multi-lateral donor organizations in the country for investments. In his words, the Governor said: “Ondo state is the largest producer of cocoa in Nigeria, responsible for 40% of all production. Okitipupa Oil Palm Plantation is the largest in Nigeria. In Ondo State, we cultivate high varieties of arable and fruit crops such as cassava, rice, maize, sugarcane, mangoes and tomatoes “I want to say unequivocally that Ondo state contributes 12% of the entire oil production and has one of the largest gas reserves in Nigeria. “Let me also inform this gathering that the Bitumen deposit in our state is the largest in Africa with over 42billion reserves and probably of the highest quality. “Furthermore, the glass sand was the source of raw materials for the Oluwa Glass Industry which is presently moribund. I can assure you that new set of enterprise will be created through technical support which will produce different types of glass wares.

The Governor hammered on the fact that the government cannot manage business hence his resolve to bring in foreign investors to tap into the vast opportunities in the state with a promise to creating enabling environment to make things function optimally. Speaking further, the governor said: “I also want to announce that I am presently setting up machineries in motion to establish N25bn Employment Trust Fund to be managed by trusted and experienced hands.

The essence of the trust fund is to stimulate small and medium enterprises (SMES) and drive innovations.’’ Notable High Commissions and Embassies that attended the event include Britain, China, Australia, India, Japan, Korea, Ghana, Ethiopia, South Africa and others. Some multilateral agencies present were the World Bank, United Nations International Children's Education Fund (UNICEF), Africa Development Bank (AfDB), United Nations Development Program (UNDP), United States Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS), African Development Bank (AfDB) and many more. Also present at the event was the Nigerian Minister of Health, Professor Isaac Adewole.

Source: https://www.naij.com/1103157-good-news-governor-akeredolu-set-bring-300000-jobs-
ondo-state-check-details.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by tollyboy5(m): 7:22am On May 07, 2017
even though this are bunch of lies from APC camp, its still a wise capital investment that would generate jobs but not has much as the lie lie figures if the governor is sincere . But can some please run to ekiti to tell fayoshe how to invest in capital project instead of sharing #200 to poor people

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by Nobody: 7:23am On May 07, 2017
This man will be as good as Ambode. Nice development.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by BLINGZ88: 7:23am On May 07, 2017
thank God say them dey bring job to nigeria but make em no b all this 20k-30k job. cos that's kinda useless.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by oyonu(m): 7:24am On May 07, 2017
Good development for Ondo state

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by Afonjashapmouth: 7:25am On May 07, 2017
Yet with so much people are still wailing for where to invest since Lagos and FCT is for people of the people
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by izzou(m): 7:28am On May 07, 2017
grin

I will officially comment here in four years time.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by Tolexander: 7:29am On May 07, 2017
I love the Governor's vision. But execution is the main thing now. I wish him the wisdom to carry out the vision.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by Nobody: 7:31am On May 07, 2017
Lol..., jobs from where? Skull mining I guess.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by tollyboy5(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2017
izzou:
grin

I will officially comment here in four years time.
cool I gat you bro when the ediot do nothing then you would do remembrance grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by Oxtonguy: 7:35am On May 07, 2017
At least the governor knows the right thing to do, I pray God grant him the strength to carry on smiley
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by izzou(m): 8:08am On May 07, 2017
tollyboy5:

cool I gat you bro when the ediot do nothing then you would do remembrance grin

They usually paint the town red when they win. Na after four years,we go judge the guy matter

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by orisa37: 8:36am On May 07, 2017
TheSociopath:
GOOD NEWS: Governor Akeredolu set to to bring about over 300,000 jobs in Ondo state.

Author: Aanu Adegun

The Ondo state Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, the deputy governor, Agboola Ajayi and the entire cabinet members of the state on Friday met with the representatives of the governments of Britain, Australian and Algeria and some multilateral agencies and donor organizations on how to tap into investment opportunities that abound in the nook and crannies of his state.

NAIJ.com learnt that the event took place at Dunes Centre, Maitama, Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. The discussion, according to source who spoke to NAIJ.com was focused on issues such as the reactivation of Olokola Free Trade Zone, refortification of Owena Oil and Gas Limited and Owena Energy Ltd. Resuscitation of moribund companies such as Oluwa Glass, Igbokoda; Ifon Ceramics, Ifon; Bolorunduro Timbers; Bolorunduro; Okitipupa Oil Palm Mills; Okitipupa; Cocoa Processing Company, Ile-Oluji; Arigidi-Akoko Tomatoe factory, Arigidi etc. Other issues focused on were refurbishment and re-privatization of Idanre Hills Resort and Idanre Golf Course, Bitumen exploration in the as well as the establishment of a Deep Sea Port in the southern senatorial district of the state.

NAIJ.com learnt that the Atlantic Ocean which passes through the state is ranked as the deepest in West Africa sub-region. In his opening remarks, chairman of the local organizing committee (LOC), Temitope Runsewe, said the essence of the diplomatic dinner was to expose the diplomats and other investors present to the investment opportunities in the state. He said the dinner was the first of the its kind in the history of the 40-year old state.

Akeredolu, in his speech, took his time to highlight why Ondo state must be prioritized by foreign missions, investors and other multi-lateral donor organizations in the country for investments. In his words, the Governor said: “Ondo state is the largest producer of cocoa in Nigeria, responsible for 40% of all production. Okitipupa Oil Palm Plantation is the largest in Nigeria. In Ondo State, we cultivate high varieties of arable and fruit crops such as cassava, rice, maize, sugarcane, mangoes and tomatoes “I want to say unequivocally that Ondo state contributes 12% of the entire oil production and has one of the largest gas reserves in Nigeria. “Let me also inform this gathering that the Bitumen deposit in our state is the largest in Africa with over 42billion reserves and probably of the highest quality. “Furthermore, the glass sand was the source of raw materials for the Oluwa Glass Industry which is presently moribund. I can assure you that new set of enterprise will be created through technical support which will produce different types of glass wares.

The Governor hammered on the fact that the government cannot manage business hence his resolve to bring in foreign investors to tap into the vast opportunities in the state with a promise to creating enabling environment to make things function optimally. Speaking further, the governor said: “I also want to announce that I am presently setting up machineries in motion to establish N25bn Employment Trust Fund to be managed by trusted and experienced hands.

The essence of the trust fund is to stimulate small and medium enterprises (SMES) and drive innovations.’’ Notable High Commissions and Embassies that attended the event include Britain, China, Australia, India, Japan, Korea, Ghana, Ethiopia, South Africa and others. Some multilateral agencies present were the World Bank, United Nations International Children's Education Fund (UNICEF), Africa Development Bank (AfDB), United Nations Development Program (UNDP), United States Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS), African Development Bank (AfDB) and many more. Also present at the event was the Nigerian Minister of Health, Professor Isaac Adewole.

Source: https://www.naij.com/1103157-good-news-governor-akeredolu-set-bring-300000-jobs-
ondo-state-check-details.html

May God help The Governor IJN Amen.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by mexxmoney: 8:49am On May 07, 2017
I hope he keeps his promises. Aketi is a good man but I fear for what has happened to many good men in Nigeria once they join politics. Time will tell
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by TheSociopath(m): 9:27am On May 07, 2017
BLINGZ88:
thank God say them dey bring job to nigeria but make em no b all this 20k-30k job. cos that's kinda useless.

Some people will kill for 20-30k job o
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2017
Good development, Coastal State on my mind...
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Bring About Over 300,000 Jobs In Ondo State. by BLINGZ88: 11:22am On May 07, 2017
TheSociopath:

Some people will kill for 20-30k job o
very true, but the Nigerian government shouldn't exploit that. the Nigerian government has a history of splitting a man's job into three position and also splitting their pay and claim that they have produced three jobs.

(1) (Reply)

Indonesia Firm To Build Refinery In Akwa Ibom - Bye Bye Oil Import? / How Nnamdi Kanu Changed From Nigerian Nationalist To Biafra agitator (video) / When Politics Is Bitter: Lessons From Osun West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.