Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,311 members, 7,943,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

Natal Without Its Proccesser: The Beginning Of The End - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Natal Without Its Proccesser: The Beginning Of The End (866 Views)

Greenberg: Natal Software Will Surprise You / Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos / Why Playstation Move Will Beat Project Natal And The Wii (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Natal Without Its Proccesser: The Beginning Of The End by kosovo(m): 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2010
If you are a hardcore gamer (like me), I think that you are not liking what Nintendo has been doing this generation. Just look at Nintendo and their Wii games this generation; other than some high profile games such as Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros, and some third party exclusives like Muramasa and Mad World the system is filled with meaningless casual video games. They are having the success, they are making profit, why would they stop? Believe me they won’t. And that’s why my worries about the future of the gaming industry I adore and love is becoming stronger. In fact, Natal and other motion control devices (I’m also in grey area regarding Sony’s motion controller, but to a lesser degree) are ruining the videogames industry for us, the hardcore gamers.

You might say, they are bringing video games to the masses. I will tell you one thing: When I see the same person who plays Wii Fit also playing games like Uncharted 2, Forza 3, Assassin’s Creed 2 and other hardcore games, I will stop complaining and start enjoying this motion control nonsense.

Major Nelson has stated that Natal won’t replace the Xbox 360 controller:

” I think you and I can both agree that if we were playing Call of Duty or any type of FPS, you don’t really want to run around to the back of your couch for cover. That isn’t fun. You may haven’t a couch to do it, or you may haven’t room to do it. With Natal, we want to bring new gaming experiences to the living room.”

Ok. But what’s about their new gaming experiences? New gaming experiences mean here more casual games, and the fact that Microsoft stripped Natal from its processor is another prove to my whole point. I guess Now, everyone has been informed that Natal is a software based device, and it’s no longer has a processing power within itself. Also, Kotaku reported that Natal would actually need to use up to 33 percent of the 360’s CPU, and games like Forza 3 is possible while using Natal, but compromises (reduced artificial intelligence, sound or physics) might have to be made in order to run the game properly.
Click link below for full story
http://www.vgarabia.com/2010/01/08/natal-without-its-proccesser-the-beginning-of-the-end/
Re: Natal Without Its Proccesser: The Beginning Of The End by texazzpete(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2010
If you really must quote something from the net, why not quote anything other than someone's drunken ramblings?

We know very little about Natal. Everything we hear is speculation and people jumping to conclusions. i'd rather we wait until E3 2010 when actual games using this device will be showed off to the feneral public.

I must add that there's nothing wrong with the Nintendo wii. And as one commenter said below, the term 'hardcore gamer' is essentially stupid. The best term to use is 'serious gamer', and a serious gamer will play whatever is in front of him as long as it's fun.

Graphics aren't everything. Guess why many people are still playing World of Warcraft even though it's visually dated by today's standards?

(1) (Reply)

Latest Online Opportunity To Make Money / Buy A Compaq Laptop Here With Free Internet Connection / Urgently Needed Of Steam Card/amazon Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.