Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,145 members, 7,967,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 02:38 PM

30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon (28195 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Prayer Session In Remembrance Of Abubakar Olusola Saraki (Photos) / Joel Savage: Driving Obafemi Awolowo Through The Principal Streets Of Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 09, 2017
jargo89:
Died peacefully at 78, and this demented goat is laughing at his death. Do you even knw how long you'll live? Be wise
keep away from my mentions, i hope you can read my signature, Amala eaters keep off biko achogim nsogbu obula.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Boyooosa(m): 11:34pm On May 09, 2017
nijabazaar:

Am I CAUCASIAN before?

The questionnaire never gets lost angry

someone said he slipped on the bath tub.....ok

then whats with the otapiapia, everyone x yelling about. Even some google search brought it up.

guess, thats what too much heated debate that is twisted with half truths can cause.

And I just asked an elder sha, He mulled the Otapiapia angle too. I am f.ucking confused anyways.

Why am I bothering over a dead man

AFRICAN CHILD... COS YOU TOOK AFTER MOST OF AFRICAN LEADERS. THEY LEAVE OUT WHAT WILL BRING DEVELOPMENT TO THE LIVES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE COUNTRIES, SOCIETIES AND FOLLOWERS AND THEY WILL BE PURSUING THE IMAGE OF HOW THEY BECOME RICHER THAN THEIR ANCESTORS. I THINK YOUR LAST QUESTION SERVES YOU RIGHT AND ITS WORTH MUMBLING ON FOREVER.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Boyooosa(m): 11:34pm On May 09, 2017
YAWN! TIME TO SLEEP....
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by jargo89(m): 11:38pm On May 09, 2017
durentchigozie:
keep away from my mentions, i hope you can read my signature, Amala eaters keep off biko achogim nsogbu obula.
I hope one day you'll grow up and denounce your hatred of a group of people who care less about you, and decide to stand up from your urine soaked blankets to make yourself great.

Last word to you, if any man in your generation has acheived half of what this man has acheived, I doubt you will spend your fruitless days hating on a group of people.

Grow a brain!!!

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by brightolaton(m): 11:45pm On May 09, 2017
technicallyrich:
By now his eyes would have been damaged by the torture from the devil for committing cheap suicide.
I wish the devil will show his torture in nta for us all to be entertained, I would have love it.
His legacy are
He was a slave to. Northerners.
He was a coward.
He died miserably like a fool he is.
And he has been forgoten so soon.
By now he will be so hungry in hell fire that he
will be begging to eat shit and drink piss
I am a yoruba man and I hate. These ugly man with passion.
Rip slave and coward

Go to your ancestors to get acquainte with you history. Awolowo was never in allianc with the core north, it was Azikiwe who even acted as a slave to the northern oligarchy. Awo approached Zik to form alliance with him at the parliament. He even offered to support Zik to be Prime minister, even though Awo's party won more parliamentary seats than ziks. However, typical of the greed with Igbos Zik betrayed Awo and formed alliance with the north. So who is now the slave. Please stop showcasing yor generational foolishness on this platform

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by jargo89(m): 11:50pm On May 09, 2017
brightolaton:

Go to your ancestors to get acquainte with you history. Awolowo was never in allianc with the core north, it was Azikiwe who even acted as a slave to the northern oligarchy. Awo approached Zik to form alliance with him at the parliament. He even offered to support Zik to be Prime minister, even though Awo's party won more parliamentary seats than ziks. However, typical of the greed with Igbos Zik betrayed Awo and formed alliance with the north. So who is now the slave. Please stop showcasing yor generational foolishness on this platform
I cant just wait for the day they are granted their wish of creating their nation. They seem to assume every other tribe will fail, but what they conveniently forget is; everybody (including them) will survive eventually.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Fulmigati: 11:51pm On May 09, 2017
Looool My guy call am aworat..Bwahahahahahaha!!
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Zaitoon: 11:54pm On May 09, 2017
madridguy:
I fell in love with your moniker.

Really ? Thank you smiley
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Fulmigati: 11:59pm On May 09, 2017
Zaitoon:
So many hate filled posts on this thread.
So sad some people wear bitterness like a badge of honour sad
If there such a thread for Hitler, the responses would be similar.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by jargo89(m): 12:02am On May 10, 2017
To draw the curtain on my contributions here, i will say:

Every human should remember, none of us chosed the tribe we are in, it was a God-given gift. Every human was born naively into a tribe without choice. So if you feel great about your tribe, so is the next Jack on the street.

It would thus be expected of us to respect every tribe as much as you respect yours, cos brother it could have been you as a member of that tribe (remember you didnt choose).

I have had enough Igbo friends over the years and all I have for them is ultimate respect. But the hatred here is appalling.

God help us....cos at the end of the day, everytin is vanity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Elkay3: 12:08am On May 10, 2017
Zaitoon:

Exactly!! While others somewhere are brainstorming on a solution to a problem, ours are caught in hate.

By the way, "Zaitoon" the Arabian perfume?
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 12:14am On May 10, 2017
rozayx5:
cool cool

he tried for the SW

in terms of education

aside that. the country he fought to keep together is a disaster , rat poison did the job well

rest in pieces cool
I lol eyeneka you don follow join the IPOB team
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 12:16am On May 10, 2017
etchenwafor:

Ya..the same way your Yoruba Muslims killed a British soldier on the streets of London...let me not forget khadijah dare who took her child to join isis in Syria....Or is it almost 30 Yoruba Muslims from illorin and osun they killed in Saudi Arabia for drug trafficking grin grin grin....If I start to talk how many of your people rotting away in London, america and south Africa for cyber crimes... shocked shocked
no, they are not developed enough for cyber crimes, they are just skull miners.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 12:17am On May 10, 2017
enemyofprogress:
who cares? He doesn't even know you exist, not with this you very strong mouth and body odours
wit this your miserable English it's so saddening that awo free education no reach you before he died by drinking rat poison and committed suicide.
Useless afonja

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 12:19am On May 10, 2017
Zaitoon:
you must be either Arewa or Yoruba Muslim. I'm I right?
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 12:21am On May 10, 2017
Bekimbo:

You are wrong it is 20naira rat poison
no, it was #5 poison.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by pazienza(m): 12:23am On May 10, 2017
brightolaton:

Be guided :https://www.nairaland.com/3780719/politics-first-coali

Yoruba propaganda of years past can never survive the scrutiny of the internet age.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 12:23am On May 10, 2017
Dedetwo:
Awolowo was never great. At best, he was a local chump.
seconded

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 12:25am On May 10, 2017
ipodstinks:
His corpse more important and recognisable than your living and nonentity father. kiss the hot truth.

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 12:29am On May 10, 2017
geekay4real:
You can never please everyone in life because your good deeds is at the detriment of some people's mischievous acts. Awo can never be forgotten even the so called Ojukwu admitted that by calling him the best president Nigeria never had. It was during his era that Nigeria as a country competes with European country, it was then that Nigeria problem was not money but how to spend money. It is palpable that till now Nigeria has never had a leader who has foresight and commitment like Awo.
No wonder everything you did then was first in Africa that is why we are referred to as giant of Africa.
Awo ........... Our man
Only voice for the masses
You will always be remembered
true,

True

Whenever I see ratak , I remember him.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 12:32am On May 10, 2017
Shewunoshewa:

What you see doesnt matter. Osinbajo is already acting as president.

When will the yEasterners ever rule the "zoo" since they will forever remain "slaves" in it?

Go and ponder that question.
Zoo is meant to be ruled by animals.

I won't be happy ruling a zoo.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by TheStronghold: 12:37am On May 10, 2017
Awolowo is known mostly through his free education programs and television initiatives, first in Africa.

But most importantly, he taught us that a single brilliant yoruba man, can eviscerate any enemy of the progress of the tribe without lifting a single finger. Whether it be 1, 100, or 1 million enemies. Through intellect and strategy. He is the master tactician. It is the mantra we continue to live by today, and the main reason why we will always succeed. Those who are smart will study him.

God bless Awolowo in heaven.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by laudate: 1:06am On May 10, 2017
veraponpo:
The man that did, in 8 years, what the colonialists could not do in more than 40 years.

He brought civilization to Nigeria through television station, first in Africa.

Free and compulsory elementary education to the old Western and Mid-west Regions

He opened housing and industrial Estates from Ikeja to Ibadan

He ended the civil war through wisdom.

I concur!! 100% cool

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Psalm91v7(m): 1:08am On May 10, 2017
Mr Awolowo Education must be free
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by juman(m): 1:10am On May 10, 2017
Obafemi Awolowo: The father of yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by juman(m): 1:12am On May 10, 2017
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by laudate: 1:39am On May 10, 2017
melodyogonna:
i remember him as a triibalist who stabbed the igbos on the back

How!! shocked
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by laudate: 1:44am On May 10, 2017
Nwakaumu:
Awolowo is best remembered as the most callous genocidist in the history of mankind for plotting the death of over 2 million innocent children.The hottest part of hell has been burning his Soul for the past thirty years after his miserable and shameful death through Aba-made rat poison.

Ok, so what do we call that bearded general who declared war on a whole country, despite lacking adequate arms and ammunition to defend his people, yet still sent under-aged defenceless civilians to their death at the war front, only to turn round and abandon them to flee to Ivory Coast? shocked

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by TheStronghold: 2:03am On May 10, 2017
laudate:

Ok, so what do we call that bearded general that declared war on a whole country, despite lacking adequate arms and ammunition to defend his people, yet still sent under-aged defenceless civilians to their death at the war front, only to turn round and abandon them to flee to Ivory Coast? shocked

No answer for this. The truth is so potent that it must hurt.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by juman(m): 2:04am On May 10, 2017
This is purely a yoruba man.

I wonder why we find it very hard to get another great mind like him.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by koolaid87: 2:06am On May 10, 2017
Omashe, ile nje eniyan.

Thanks Obafemi Jeremiah awolowo for the significant roles you played in the country called Nigeria.

You gave us a vital free education, free health services, and the first television in Afrika.

We miss you, oko yeye Hannah Dideolu, Baba Omotola, Baba Ayo, Baba Tokunbo, Baba Segun.

I can't stop listening to the tribute to awo by chief ebenezer obey.

God bless gbogbo omo karo ojire.
God bless Nigeria.

✌️ I'm out

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by juman(m): 2:09am On May 10, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan / Borno Gov., Shettima Cry At Meeting With Buhari Over Recent Boko Haram Attacks / Tinubu At 67:tinubu Attends Match Between Ex-super Eagles Players & Team Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.