Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,879 members, 7,945,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:28 AM

True Worship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Worship (620 Views)

What Motivates You To Worship God??? / What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? / The Dove Symbol - Pure Idolatry Or True Worship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Worship by verywell: 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2010
we are crated by God to serve Him and nothing else.to know Him and give True worship to Him alone.Let my people go that they may serve me
Re: True Worship by jagunlabi(m): 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2010
verywell:

we are crated by God to serve Him and nothing else.to know Him and give True worship to Him alone.Let my people go that they may serve me
What a worthless life that is.We were created just to kiss the backside of an extremely egocentric god all our entire life and then hope to continue much of the same thing when we pass away into the afterlife, FOR ETERNITY!!!! shocked  I can't think of a worse way of torture.

It is like going to school only to do nothing but worship the head of that school just because he owns that school.Absolutely dumb.A total waste of time and space.

No, there is a better option on how to live one's life here on earth, and that is to evolve spiritually through acquisition of deeper knowledge of the self and the universe.That is a bit more interesting, don't you think?Just as one would go to school and spend most of one's time LEARNING and developing one's own intellect, you know, the development of one's own mind.
Re: True Worship by verywell: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2010
if you Love me you will keep my Commandment .that what we bound to do.yes the owner of the school gave everything required to know and serve even to learn God gave us life to live and Live for Him .seek ye first the Kingdom of God And Is righteousness every other things shall be added unto you.
Re: True Worship by jagunlabi(m): 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2010
verywell:

if you Love me you will keep my Commandment .that what we bound to do.yes the owner of the school gave everything required to know and serve even to learn God gave us life to live and Live for Him .seek ye first the Kingdom of God And Is righteousness every other things shall be added unto you.
Yes, seek that kingdom, but not by backside kissing rituals but rather by spiritual and intellectual self evolution.One seeks the "kingdom" but only true acquisition of knowledge for the expansion of your consciousness and nothing else.No amount of meaningless monotonous religious rituals will get you there.The expansion of your consciousness is the true worship.
Re: True Worship by PastorAIO: 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2010
Etymology of the English word worship

the English word worship
[b]derived from the English word worth
[/b]derived from the Proto-Germanic root *werthaz
using the English suffix -ship
derived from the Proto-Germanic root *-skapaz
http://www.myetymology.com/english/worship.html

Perhaps to worship simply means to give someone their due, give them what they are worth.

Give onto caesar what is caesar's, and onto God what is God's.

And if one is deserving of a slap, by all means, worship him with the dirtiest slap that you can muster.
Re: True Worship by AKO1(m): 8:02pm On Jan 17, 2010
Jagunlabi, I can worship my God and then use my spare time to acquire knowledge about myself and the universe. QED.
Re: True Worship by jagunlabi(m): 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2010
A_K_O:

Jagunlabi, I can worship my God and then use my spare time to acquire knowledge about myself and the universe. QED.
These two seemingly different acts are one and the same,if you are talking about the true worship.
But if  you so wish, you can worship your religious ideologies/doctrines(false worship) and then use your spare time for the true worship(acquiring knowledge about yourself and the universe), to enable the opening of your consciousness to the vastness of the universe and the creator.
Re: True Worship by Mavenb0x(m): 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2010
Pastor AIO has already spoken my mind on this matter!
Re: True Worship by verywell: 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2010
yes,sure

(1) (Reply)

Are Shia Muslims Infidels / What Is It All About? / Why Do People Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.