Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,204 members, 7,873,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG (1066 Views)

Group Warns Reno Omokri To Stop Attack On Osinbajo / Buhari Shakes Saraki At Armed Forces Remembrance. Caption The Look On Osinbajo / VIDEO - Lagos Market Women Shower Praises On Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by yashau(m): 6:33pm On May 10, 2017
By Levinus Nwabughiogu
ABUJA-Federal Government has described the uproar generated by President Muhammadu Buhari’s letter to the National Assembly, making Vice President Yemi Osinbajo the “coordinator” of activities of the federal government in his absence as a needless distraction.
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo (ist from right); Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs Winifred Oyo-Ita and NSA Major General Babagana Mongonu during FEC Meeting held at the Council Chamber in Abuja.
It will be recalled that President Buhari who left Abuja for London Sunday night to attend to his failing health had written to the National parliament, informing them of his trip and also announcing Osinbajo as the man in charge of the nation’s affairs in compliance with Section 145 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).
But a Senator from Abia State, Moa Ohuabunwa picked holes with the letter, saying that the wordings put Vice President Osinbajo as merely a “coordinating” Vice President instead of Acting President.
Buhari’s letter read by the Senate President, Bukola Saraki on Tuesday stated thus: “In compliance with Section 145 (1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), I wish to inform the distinguished Senate that I will be away for a scheduled medical follow-up with my doctors in London. The length of my stay will be determined by the doctor’s advice.
“While I am away, the Vice President will coordinate the activities of the government. Please accept, the distinguished Senate President, the assurances of my highest consideration.”
The development had incidentally generated concerns from many quarters with many people arguing for and against.
But reacting to the arguments, the Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed while briefing State House correspondents at the end of the meeting of the Federal Executive Council, FEC presided by Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Wednesday said that they were unnecessary.
According to him, what was valid was the compliance with the relevant section of the law which he said was fulfilled.
“It’s a needless controversy. It’s just a distraction. The operating sentence is that in compliance of section 145(1), any other word used is not relevant”, he simply said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/arguments-osinbajos-current-status-needless-distraction-fg/

Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by yashau(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2017
k
Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by benedictnsi(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2017
Government of flippant talkers.......
Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by fineboynl(m): 6:55pm On May 10, 2017
if I may ask who is FG(Federal Government)??

2 Likes

Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by SalamRushdie: 6:57pm On May 10, 2017
In Babachirs voice " who is FG"?

1 Like

Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 10, 2017

And all his security details were suddenly changed? Kwantinue.
Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by TheFreeOne: 7:01pm On May 10, 2017
If not for mischief by Buhari and his gang of hegemonic 'geriatrics' why refer to Osinbajo as coordinator instead of acting president

1 Like

Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by donaldinho111: 7:10pm On May 10, 2017
mumu FG....Distraction as if you were working before
Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by Khd95(m): 7:31pm On May 10, 2017
TheFreeOne:

If not for mischief by Buhari and his gang of hegemonic 'geriatrics' why refer to Osinbajo as coordinator instead of acting president
ur lots ve shamelessly decide to ignore the section of the constitution Mr president quoted.

pls what does the section says in view of the topic of discussion
Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 10, 2017
This Lai Mohammad can lie sha
Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by Agimor(m): 7:40pm On May 10, 2017
From Presidency to Federal Government..... Lia Mohammed please Sir who's the Federal Government?
Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by TheFreeOne: 8:12pm On May 10, 2017
Khd95:
ur lots ve shamelessly decide to ignore the section of the constitution Mr president quoted.

pls what does the section says in view of the topic of discussion

Buhari quoting the constitution ain't the issue but why refer to him as coordinator now?

Maybe an attempt to limit his powers since a coordinator is a person of equal status with others hence a stylish attempt to prevent him from taking far reaching decisions whilst Buhari is away on indefinite medical treatment.

This is 2017 and all eyes are on this dysfunctional government of the more you look the less you see.
Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 10, 2017
make una dey fool dem Zombies..

i know even blame una..dem like to be jonzed.. give dem hope.. and help reset dia BP.

we understand.. tongue
Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by omowolewa: 10:13pm On May 10, 2017
What will be will be, power belongs to God.
Re: Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG by TheFreeOne: 8:52am On May 11, 2017
omowolewa:
What will be will be, power belongs to God.

No matter the cabals shenanigans Osinbajo is in charge.

And if the time for a total takeover comes nothing will stop it.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Loses Another Rep To APC / Why I'm Afraid Of The Break-up Of Nigeria By Gimba Kakanda / Photos | Flood Covers Lekki And Ajah Areas Of Victoria Island Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.