Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User (29130 Views)

Dogara, Adamu Adamu And Tinubu Held A Special Meeting In Abuja (Photo) / Adamu Adamu To Replace Abba Kyari As Buhari’s Chief Of Staff - Sahara Reporters / Adamu Adamu: I Worked As Buhari’s Speech Writer For Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by webincomeplus(m): 8:35am On May 11, 2017
DonDiego:

Actually, the type of education over which the minister presides is such that bigotry and insular religious practices are anathema to it. Maybe, the minister should consider being the minister of madrasas. That, I assure you, will give him the freedom to not even see the faces of the females in that type of education system.
Good suggestion, but direct it to the right authorities.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Lilimax(f): 8:36am On May 11, 2017
Einl:

Young man...Nigeria is a secular country.

Not a Muslim or Christian country.

A secular nation.

And a federal minister must shake a woman's hand.

Or go to Saudi Arabia.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by webincomeplus(m): 8:37am On May 11, 2017
pneme:

Wrong statement again. Conservative Muslims are not to be put in the same boat as those from other religions. We all really know what the so called conservative Muslims are capable of, I know I've lived all around the world and it's the same picture.
And someone here can't draw a line between conservative and being extremist. Anyway, I can see where you're coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by drmuri(m): 8:37am On May 11, 2017
GodIsFoolish:

This is a secular country and on official meeting, superstitions/any other rubbish believe should be kept aside,
this shows the man is not enlighten and shouldn't be any minister in a secular country talk-less of minister of Education,

HE IS AN EXTREMIST
your brain is full of dust. so somebody must dance with and shake hands with opposite sex to be a minister in secular country?
a sensible person is more concerned with what he has to offer not his shaking hands with opposite sex or otherwise
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by delishpot: 8:38am On May 11, 2017
He doesn't want. No be by force

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Lilimax(f): 8:38am On May 11, 2017
Hyprcrisy!
If they travel out, they will shake females and even almost want to leak their hand but when
some of them come to Nigeria, they'll be forming Umar embarassed

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by maj007(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2017
GodIsFoolish:
Buhari appointing religious extremist as a minister of Education in a secular country
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Langbasa: 8:41am On May 11, 2017
GodIsFoolish:

This is a secular country and he is on official meeting, superstitions/any other rubbish believe should be kept aside,
this shows the man is not enlightened and shouldn't be any minister in a secular country talk-less of minister of Education,

HE IS AN EXTREMIST
HE IS NO EXTREMIST,WE ARE IN A DEMOCRATIC SETTING SO HE IS FREE TO SHAKE HANDS WITH WHOMEVER HE WANTS TO SHAKE HANDS WITH U PEOPLE SHOULD LET THE SLEEPING DOG LIE,WE HAVE OTHER PRESSING ISSUES TO VOICE OUT AGAINST NOT HANDSHAKE...#BUNCHOFHYPOCRITES.

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by TeamSimple(m): 8:42am On May 11, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:
Look at the extremists running the affairs of the country
No wonder we make no progress
Our educational system is a complete failure because it's being headed by old failures

They will all send their children to Cambridge and Yale all in a Christian country while using Islam to hold this country back

The youths need to rise up
Religion cannot help Africa
It has done more harm than good
Is the American vice president also an extremist?
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nobody: 8:43am On May 11, 2017
webincomeplus:

Don't be myopic! And you have no right to tell me stop my sentence without completing it. I had some Christian ladies in my class in the university who never shook hands with guys. If you've not met such, that's not my problem, but a deficit in your level of exposure.

From your comment, I can deduce that you're a Christian, and that's why you were quick to say what I said about conservative Christians was nonsense. Well, there's nothing as true as reality. I've seen them and knew them for years. Not many, though. And we never saw them as radical Christians.

Leave anyone to practice his or her religion to whatever extent he or she likes. That's my own. If you're not the religious type, that's your choice. For those who are religious, that's their choice as well. Enough of all these rantings as if the man has committed a crime.

You just proved my point with your ranting. Not a single focus on the points raised about Islam which at its best is radical all over. What you have done is tried to equate islam with other religions therefore fulfilling this quote. "Point is don't try and put this man's acts which are mostly due to his radical form of religion in the same basket as those who practice other religion."
And let's be real, you never knew anyone who refused to shake hands with anyone,.you made that crap up as you went along. I know I've dealt with your kind along the way. While I remain relaxed having a nice warm cup of coffee, I can see your getting angry and about to explode.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Abdul124(m): 8:43am On May 11, 2017
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by emmaitive(m): 8:46am On May 11, 2017
i guess, is a kind of spiritual convenant he has entered tru occult or other evil means

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Smooyis(m): 8:47am On May 11, 2017
thunder74:

The program is not a religious gathering but state official function. Somebody may sue him for discrimination except that this is Nigeria.
He that must eat cockroaches must have an antidote or ready to suffer bellyaches. If you want to lead in a secular Nigeria, be ready to treat all equally or "kuku" stay with your church or mosque Exco positions.

Exactly my thought. Religious extremists should be done away with in public institutions. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by nextprince: 8:47am On May 11, 2017
Einl:

I never mentioned having a religion.

By the way what religion are you?

My religion is not important in this argument.

What is important here is to know that people have religion and the law of the land recognises and respects that.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nobody: 8:48am On May 11, 2017
webincomeplus:

And someone here can't draw a line between conservative and being extremist. Anyway, I can see where you're coming from.

conservative Muslims are silent supporters of radicals. They are the ones who do not have the guts to do what the alqaeda do. It's similar to your bench warming Christians who aren't bold enough to do what Christ commanded when he left the earth i.e go he into the world, preach the gospel, cast demons heal the sick etc..

How many Christians do you know fulfil these words? The answer is hardly up to 1% and yet the 99 % support them. In like manner, the few Muslims who are bold enough to fulfil the violent commands of the Koran are backed by the silent 99% majority who aren't bold enough to do the violent acts. That is why you never see Muslim protest against the terrorist attacks all over the world, simply because they support them or would get ostracized from their societies if they speak against such violent. This man is a so called conservative who is a silent supporters of radical Islam. Have I made myself clear?

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by webincomeplus(m): 8:51am On May 11, 2017
pneme:

You just proved my point with your ranting. Not a single focus on the points raised about Islam which at its best is radical all over. What you have done is tried to equate islam with other religions therefore fulfilling this quote. "Point is don't try and put this man's acts which are mostly due to his radical form of religion in the same basket as those who practice other religion."
And let's be real, you never knew anyone who refused to shake hands with anyone,.you made that crap up as you went along. I know I've dealt with your kind along the way. While I remain relaxed having a nice warm cup of coffee, I can see your getting angry and about to explode.
LOL at "getting angry and about to explode". People like you just like to portray yourself as "know-it-all". I didn't know you have a fibre optics visual sensor. If you can really see me getting angry, tell me what the color of my shirt is. Kidding, anyway. My point is, never jump to conclusions based on assumptions.

As for your saying that I made up what I claimed I saw, well, you're free to believe what you like or not. I don't have to waste my time trying to convince you with further details.

Enjoy your "cup of coffee".
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Rilwan20(m): 8:52am On May 11, 2017
Partnerbiz2:
Extremists everywhere.
Even those criticizing him for not shaking hands with female are equally extremists.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Einl(m): 8:52am On May 11, 2017
nextprince:

My religion is not important in this argument.

What is important here is to know that people have religion and the law of the land recognises and respects that.

If you love religion yet hate man...your religion is sh¡t.

The only way to go to heaven is to treat people well here on Earth

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by gloryman91: 8:53am On May 11, 2017
Your headache not only him even minister for communications too. Also my humble self In sha Allah. It is against Islam to shake hands with opposite sex.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by webincomeplus(m): 8:55am On May 11, 2017
pneme:

conservative Muslims are silent supporters of radicals. They are the ones who do not have the guts to do what the alqaeda do. It's similar to your bench warming Christians who aren't bold enough to do what Christ commanded when he left the earth i.e go he into the world, preach the gospel, cast demons heal the sick etc..

How many Christians do you know fulfil these words? The answer is hardly up to 1% and yet the 99 % support them. In like manner, the few Muslims who are bold enough to fulfil the violent commands of the Koran are backed by the silent 99% majority who aren't bold enough to do the violent acts. That is why you never see Muslim protest against the terrorist attacks all over the world, simply because they support them or would get ostracized from their societies if they speak against such violent. This man is a so called conservative who is a silent supporters of radical Islam. Have I made myself clear?
The few Muslims who spoke against terrorism in the north, what became of them? They were killed! Sheikh Ja'far and Albani Zaria and few others, I mean, or you've not been following the news? So, you expect more to speak and get sacrificed?

Call them (those who aren't saying anything publicly) cowards. I call them smart people. The so called brave people who have spoken out and gotten killed, the truth they spoke out is now supporting their families financially, right?

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by nextprince: 8:55am On May 11, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Its not 'just' Oga. If it is 'just' why didn't he shake?
The minister is an extremist! Simple and short!! Yet he claims he is educated!! Smh

And education is about shaking hands with women?

Oga, abeg which school you attend?
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nofuckgiven: 8:57am On May 11, 2017
nextprince:

And education is about shaking hands with women?

Oga, abeg which school you attend?
Yes it is taught in schools. You shake hands to show courtesy and politeness. Stop disgracing yourself educated illiterate!

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by bukatyne(f): 8:58am On May 11, 2017
And what has his religious inclinations got to do with the state of the Educational Sector or did it just decay today?

Let's wait until he starts making anti-female educational policies then we have something to hold him for.

Till then, Oga minister doesn't shake the hands of the opposite sex (females). End of.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nobody: 8:58am On May 11, 2017
webincomeplus:

LOL at "getting angry and about to explode". People like you just like to portray yourself as "know-it-all". I didn't know you have a fibre optics visual sensor. If you can really me getting angry, tell me what the color of my shirt is. Kidding, anyway. My point is, never jump to conclusions based on assumptions.

As for your saying that I made up what I claimed I saw, well, you're free to believe what you like or not. I don't have to waste my time trying to convince you with further details.

Enjoy your "cup of coffee".

If I asked you, what denomination etc did imaginary folks come from, you can't even state one. Next time take your silly sly defense of Islam and shove it somewhere else. I hope I made my point loud and clear?

Now no more interuptions to me drinking my coffee...

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nobody: 9:00am On May 11, 2017
webincomeplus:

The few Muslims who spoke against terrorism in the north, what became of them? They were killed! Sheikh Ja'far and Albani Zaria and few others, I mean, or you've not been following the news? So, you expect more to speak and get sacrificed?

Call them (those who aren't saying anything publicly) cowards. I call them smart people. The so called brave people who have spoken out and gotten killed, the truth they spoke out is now supporting their families financially, right?

That just shows the religions is a terrorist religion. Can't you see you just proved that with your statement?

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by nextprince: 9:01am On May 11, 2017
Chommieblaq:
Out of the many things we should be concerned about, shaking women or not is the least of it. We should rather be concern about how he carries out his duty.

It's not as if he doesn't greet women or answer their greetings.

Beautiful!

These are the types of youths we need to move this country forward, not some jobless morons who concern themselves with shaking of hands with opposite sex, Buhari's hand over letter says his vice should coordinate etc.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by webincomeplus(m): 9:02am On May 11, 2017
pneme:

If I asked you, what denomination etc did imaginary folks come from, you can't even state one. Next time take your silly sly defense of Islam and shove it somewhere else. I hope I made my point loud and clear?

Now no more interuptions to me drinking my coffee...

Thank you.
Cool. You can also take your hatred for Islam elsewhere. Enjoy your coffee and let me be.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by nextprince: 9:03am On May 11, 2017
bukatyne:
And what has his religious inclinations got to do with the state of the Educational Sector or did it just decay today?

Let's wait until he starts making anti-female educational policies then we have something to hold him for.

Till then, Oga minister doesn't shake the hands of the opposite sex (females). End of.

Beautiful!
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by okunolaafeez: 9:04am On May 11, 2017
We always leave things that are of our concerns in Nigeria and give undivided attention to the things that are worthless.
I'm a Muslim and I don't shake hands.
Can u give me a verse in bible where Jesus ordered the guys to shake hands with the ladies and I will wait.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by webincomeplus(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2017
pneme:

That just shows the religions is a terrorist religion. Can't you see you just proved that with your statement?
What did I prove? That few among other Muslims who have spoken against terrorism got killed. Yes, that's just to debunk the myth that the silence by other muslims is due to their support. (It's out of caution). Try to read between lines and comprehend well before commenting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by nextprince: 9:07am On May 11, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Yes it is taught in schools. You shake hands to show courtesy and politeness. Stop disgracing yourself educated illiterate!

And of all you were taught in schools, this is the one you remember, forgetting others?

Were morals, respect and courtesy not taught in schools?
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nofuckgiven: 9:09am On May 11, 2017
nextprince:

And of all you were taught in schools, this is the one you remember, forgetting others?

Were morals, respect and courtesy not taught in schools?

Are you okay?? Didn't I just mention that shaking hands is an act of courtesy? Seems you are confused. So shaking hands is now having sex abi? Hypocrites that do worse in secret! undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cubana Chief Priest Endorses Governor Sanwo-Olu For Second Term / Kano Gov, Emir Sanusi Hold Closed-door Meeting With Security Chiefs / BREAKING: Turaki Break Silence On Stepping Down From Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.