Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,155 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:42 PM

Ifeanyi Ubah: Against Nigeria's Bad Blood & Hate! - By Tobenna Obiano. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Ubah: Against Nigeria's Bad Blood & Hate! - By Tobenna Obiano. (483 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Should Just Keep Quiet And Stop Deceiving Igbos- Tobenna Obiano / Shuibu Moni Appears In New Video, Issues Fresh Threats Against Nigeria / What You Need To Know About Sultan Of Brunei - By Tobenna Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah: Against Nigeria's Bad Blood & Hate! - By Tobenna Obiano. by riverbond(m): 7:14am On May 12, 2017
I will strive as much as I can to make my points very clear. If it turns out becoming long, well, it's all set out for good.

I care so much about my integrity and it most times, informs my decisions and how they are carried on. Integrity entails a great deal of maintaining a distinct level of carriage in self-discipline, honesty and stand on the side of truth and trust. It goes beyond that, it involves one to go against political correctness but wholly for true correct-fulness, honesty, justice, equity and fairness, always!

I for one, unapologetically will take the lead to shout "foul" if it has been committed or note a person as "criminal" if a crime act is carried out, but more importantly, I will stand firstly for fair hearing, equity, openness and truth always! This Ifeanyi Ubah case won't therefore be any different. I will stand for the truth.

Now, time and time again, one of Nigeria's greatest problem is a failure to learn from her inglorious mistakes of the past. A society that fails to learn from her past is destined to repeat same mistakes that might have led to a disastrous past.

Nigeria has remained a failed entity because of the institutionalized making of a focusless, visionless, dishonest and unintelligent class of leaders they produce who mostly, care less about the histories of the past, the realities of the present and the limitless possibilities inherent in the future.

In Nigeria today, many persons, young and old alike are feeling the heat. Many have overtaken the internet world and social medium sharing their thoughts, worries and disappointments by the Government of the day. Infact and incredibly, those who played roles in instituting this very Government have somehow turned to becoming the worse hit and amongst the wailing wailers. The once popular Sai Baba, Sai Buhari chanters have suddenly gone mum, loosing their voice and hearing.

Well, the above assertion is true because the Government even after two years of endless dramas ranging from a culture of lies, characteristic tribalism, failed campaign promises to loss of millions of jobs, to hiked level of starvation, neglect or total disobedience of court orders, to ranges of abuses and this endless cases of insecurity and inconsistencies. It's become very clear that all is not well and the nation has become more so than ever before, very sickly.

Aside the many avoidable wrongs that has besieged the nation and all her people, nothing has become more terrific, more appalling and more catastrophic like the failure of two main agencies of the Government, the duo of the nation's economic watchdog, the Economic Financial Crimes Commission, the EFCC and the nation's secret police, the Department of State Security service, the DSS.

The two agencies are becoming more of outlaws, where they flout the laws of the land without qualms. The EFCC has been a Government tool used at witch hunting opposition. Also, it lately have been used in acting a dramatized outshow, with litanies of cases of orphaned monies been found only but by them. Shockingly, the Chairman of the agency doesn't even know how much or about what range they have recovered thus far.

The DSS which ordinarily should know better, has become even a worse and shameless entity, used in intimidating, abusing and stampeding on the fundamental rights of the Nigerian people.

A very popular saying reads thus: "if not for law and order, men would have been wolves to fellow men". Well, even with our laws, certain privileged Nigerians who feel to be more Nigerian than other ordinary Nigerians feel that they are above the law. The DSS is acting supreme to the law, this is going by the way they break the law and fail to respect the rights of the citizens of the nation. This is class ignorance and foolishness at highest places. It's becoming very worrisome.

In a commando style, the DSS under the cover of the dark, stole into homes of Judges and came up with accusations and following threats. They failed to respect standing court orders. They disobey the constitution of the land and come up with one or another misleading baseless argument to back their stupendous shameful stands. This days, there are sacred cows or scape goats and on the other side, there are untouchables. This isn't anywhere fair and should be spoken up against in clear terms.

Today, it's the Capital Oil and Gas Boss, Ifeanyi Ubah, tomorrow it could be someone else. As a people, we must speak up.

I read a certain member of the leading political party, a high ranking member of the party from Anambra State asking Igbos, majorly young people writing in solidarity, on various social network mediums to stop embarrassing the Igbo nation for their choice to stand for Chief. Ubah at this moment of unprovoked tribulations and abuse of his rights. Well, my friend, Uncle Joe Igbokwe needs to be called to order and corrected immediately.

Firstly, Ifeanyi Ubah is an Igbo son; a proud one at that. He is one of the best known Nigerian industrialists of all time. His Capital Oil & Gas firm employs nearly a 5000 workforce. Love him or hate him, his friendliness with the Nigerian youth populace is to high heavens and his love for the Igbo nation is unparalleled.

Mr. Ubah, aside owning Nigeria's largest tank farm or storage facility for petroleum products located in South West Nigeria, in an uncommon show of patriotism, showcasing the Igbo philosophy of "Aku lue uno" together with the mantra of "charity begins at home", he stands tall amongst nearly all Igbo sons and daughters of this century, as making the largest investment owned by any single individual in Igboland. His Ifeanyi Ubah Games Village located in the industrial hub of Igboland, Nnewi town is one to be exceedingly proud of.

Yes, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah of Capital Oil & Gas is a personal friend of mine. We maintain a very cordial relationship, where we have discussed issues relating to investment, business, policies, leadership including public and private plus aspirations and wishes. Dr. Ubah has on countless occasions both in private and public shown respect and love for many young Nigerians, I included.

Now, if you wonder what Ifeanyi Ubah wants or admires most in those young guys that are very close to him, it's simple, a classy and mostly rare combination of scholarly and street intelligence. I therefore can't deny him now nor choose to remain indifferent at this moment of complexity. Feminists will shout feminism, while persons in my class of thought fight for "humanism". Therefore, it's gone beyond the Ubah person, it's now a matter of National concern. There are a few important verifications that needs to be cleared. Is it right? Is it true? Is it fair?

Not-minding our friendship, it will not stop me from speaking up and loud if he fails, but then, until a court of competent jurisdiction finds him wanting in the allegation, who the heck is Uncle Joe or anyone else to make such abysmal claim that ndi-Igbo, majorly young people should stop clamoring for his immediate release, in the case they say or feel we are embarrassing the Igbo nation. If the DSS is true to their quest, let them take him to court which is the right way to go and not to intentionally continue to incarcerate, dishonor, ridicule or shame him. This is the 21st century and this is wrong.

In case Uncle Joe or those in his line of thought honestly care about those shaming Nigeria or ndi-Igbo, firstly, the Nigerian President has systematically and unapologetically shamed and ridiculed the Nigerian nation state beyond words. His style of embarrassing us has gone National and International.

Formerly we had an Acting President and a Resting President. Today, we have a "Coordinator of Nations" (whatsoever that means), and a sickly incapacitated President who is been treated in London or Germany or wheresoever the cabal expect us to believe, because even after two years in office, his Government hasn't been able to build a worldclass hospital that can treat as little as eardrum problem.

If there are other Nigerians shaming or embarrassing Nigeria, we have Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who has a penchant and unmatched love for lying. It actually seems that he detests telling the truth. Somehow, it might be true that truth hurts him beyond words, as lying has become his way to go. Even on a lighter mood, imagine an Information Minister who doesn't know trendy affairs that Nigerian jollof rice is the best coming to an international television and tell CNN's Richard Quest that Senegal has the most tasty jollof, not Ghana and not Nigeria. Well, that's very shameful.

Even the National Assembly, both the Senate and House of Representatives have embarrassed Nigeria beyond words. If they were to be honest at all, the sickly illiterate man from Daura who happens to be our President should have long been retired by impeachment proceedings back to his cattle rearing.

The duo of the EFCC and the DSS have turned to becoming National embarrassment. The APC as a political party should hide their face in shame. Their level of embarrassment is irredeemable.

Even at State levels, many Nigerian Governors have consistently embarrassed their own. In some part of Nigeria, a First Lady is prideful of building a classless hole-like smallish toilet facility for her community and calling it wonders. Against the using of suspenders and pillars in constructing bridges and flyovers, in some part of Nigeria, a Government raised a wall-like monument as flyover which is slowly falling down with barriers now placed on it. These are those who are embarrassing us, not ordinary young Nigerians who have faith in an uncommon Nigerian who is doing us proud.

I'm not a staff of the Capital Oil & Gas, neither do I have information handy for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, the NNPC as to ascertain what truly transpired between the nation's apex oil and gas regulatory body and the biggest downstream private oil firm. The much I learnt is that both parties are owing themselves in the case that, the Government even owes more. This doesn't need to involve the judiciary system, it ought to be amicably settled outside the court.

Even if something must be done, why the heck would the CEO of the oil giant be held under lock and keys at the custody of the DSS? This practice is honestly bizarre and alien to some of us. In sane societies, the misdoings and infringement on the rights of individuals, especially this Ubah case is enough to cost some persons their jobs and made to pay heavily.

Also, from certain quarters, it is alleged that the hateful moves are aimed at stopping him from contesting in the forthcoming Anambra State Gubernatorial elections where he is a hopeful. It seems true also, because during the last Anambra State Guber, same faceless cabals came after him and had AMCON overtake his company's management. He went ahead making waves.

Generally, it's on record that the somewhat bad blood of hate by the powers that be against ndi-Igbo is never in doubt. The claim on the inauguration day of an all-inclusive Government of been for nobody in particular, but for everybody in general is a dramatic loud-mouthed readage of no-near reality.

The choice of the Buhari-led Government to subdue, shame and fail the Igbo nation, maybe for gifting him less votes during the last General elections is acting out and I have got news, even if elections are re-contested today, they will still lose badly in Igboland. 2019 is underway, Nigerians have seen enough and are eagerly warming up.

The hate and bad blood against Igbos has lasted for ages. Previous administrations wickedly, with nonsensical policies chased off the once powerful and successful Chief. Cletus Ibeto of Ibeto Cement out of cement business, making way to he, who has grown to become the richest African in the world, Alhaji Aliko Dangote of Dangote Cement.

Somehow, maybe someone has been positioned to overtake Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah in the oil & gas sector and strategizing to becoming another African wealthiest. Well, business used to be the in-thing which was how Dangote with Government input rose, oil took over and that's why the likes of Ubah grew. Now, while they clamor to overtake the oil industry, it's now science and technology where the ICT has taken over. We hope when smarter wizkids of the younger generation springing up from different parts of Igboland arrive, they may again reposition another Musa or Jubril to take over.

I join my voice to that of men and women of goodwill, people who choose to speak up at matters of grave National concern and those who think of respect for rule of law, asking justice for Ifeanyi Ubah and his Capital Oil. I request that the DSS should with immediate effect release him and if they are serious, let them take him to court and make a strong case out of their pursuit.

Where they fail to do so, persons like myself who feel saddened by the height of failure in our society will be left with non other option but to insist on the Ubah team and friends to join in seeking redress and damages in court. I have often called for the massive development of Igboland, if ndi-Igbo, mostly the young stand up for Ubah against the Nigerian Government's ill-treatment of hate and ridicule, what happened under the Nnamdi Kanu's led IPOB will be a child's play.

No one is above the law, not Ubah, not Government agencies and obviously not even the Government herself. Enough of this crass madness.

Tobenna Obiano

Author:
A Writer, Influencer & Entrepreneur.

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: Against Nigeria's Bad Blood & Hate! - By Tobenna Obiano. by Victornezzar: 7:18am On May 12, 2017
Bros abeg summarise
I dey hungry

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Appointed Acting President UN General Assembly / Aisha Calls For Buhari S Impeachnent / Benue State Governor Needs To Be Enlighten!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.