Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,771 members, 7,965,904 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 02:15 AM

CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports (43433 Views)

'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / Ruga: Eedris Abdulkareem Protests At RCCG Camp, Insists Adeboye Must Take Stand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Jelal0007(m): 7:07pm On May 15, 2017
udatso:

Please provide evidence for the bolden?
Is the 'Nigerian Catholic community' recognised by the Vatican or not?
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by udatso: 8:17pm On May 15, 2017
Jelal0007:
Is the 'Nigerian Catholic community' recognised by the Vatican or not?
The fact that you are comparing registration of a whole nation as an Islamic nation with a secterial organisation (catholic community) makes me want to vomit and weep for you. cry .

Try to analyse issues without sentiments.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Jelal0007(m): 9:02pm On May 15, 2017
udatso:

The fact that you are comparing registration of a whole nation as an Islamic nation with a secterial organisation (catholic community) makes me want to vomit and weep for you. cry .

Try to analyse issues without sentiments.
The fact that u lot always see issues hwere there are none,make me laugh ur frustrations. Weep ur life away and also vomit ur intestines out if u like,it doesn't change anything. Its ur headache,not mine. We've gone 2d tournament...if e pain u,go swim 4 atlantic ocean.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by udatso: 12:16am On May 16, 2017
Jelal0007:
The fact that u lot always see issues hwere there are none,make me laugh ur frustrations. Weep ur life away and also vomit ur intestines out if u like,it doesn't change anything. Its ur headache,not mine. We've gone 2d tournament...if e pain u,go swim 4 atlantic ocean.
For your information, you weren't confronted by a a member of "u lots" but by a Muslim who stands for truth. I wonder if you would sing same music if we were at the receiving end.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Jelal0007(m): 2:22am On May 16, 2017
udatso:

For your information, you weren't confronted by a a member of "u lots" but by a Muslim who stands for truth. I wonder if you would sing same music if we were at the receiving end.
If u had a functioning brain,u'll know that being part of the OIC doesn't make nigeria an islamic country. OIC stands for 'Organisation of Islamic cooperation'. It doesn't make Nigeria any less a secular nation. Quit making a mountain out of an ant-hill. After all,nobody is forcing sharia on any1 here. So,again young man...if u want 2 vomit...u bloody well go ahead n do so. Just make sure ur intestines come out too. Swerve abeg.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by dyydxx: 10:10am On May 16, 2017
Jelal0007:
If u had a functioning brain,u'll know that being part of the OIC doesn't make nigeria an islamic country. OIC stands for 'Organisation of Islamic cooperation'. It doesn't make Nigeria any less a secular nation. Quit making a mountain out of an ant-hill. After all,nobody is forcing sharia on any1 here. So,again young man...if u want 2 vomit...u bloody well go ahead n do so. Just make sure ur intestines come out too. Swerve abeg.

First of all if you carefully study the charter of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation you will clearly understand why a supposed secular country like Nigeria should have no business being a full member of this kind of Islamic inter-governmental organisation.

Secondly, the only reason sharia hasn't been forced down anybody's throat apart from the 12 states that currently practice it is because the majority of the population hasn't become Muslim. The day about 60% or 70% of population in Nigeria become Islamic the jihadists will take over and enforce sharia on every bodies throat. The country will turn to the next Syria or Gaza.

Governance of a multi diverse nation Like Nigeria the government needs to be neutral as concerns the sensitive matter of religion. The government should be strictly neutral not involving itself in anything that might have a religious coloration. I hope you get the point now.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Jelal0007(m): 1:28pm On May 16, 2017
dyydxx:

First of all if you carefully study the charter of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation you will clearly understand why a supposed secular country like Nigeria should have no business being a full member of this kind of Islamic inter-governmental organisation.

Secondly, the only reason sharia hasn't been forced down anybody's throat apart from the 12 states that currently practice it is because the majority of the population hasn't become Muslim. The day about 60% or 70% of population in Nigeria become Islamic the jihadists will take over and enforce sharia on every bodies throat. The country will turn to the next Syria or Gaza.

Governance of a multi diverse nation Like Nigeria the government needs to be neutral as concerns the sensitive matter of religion. The government should be strictly neutral not involving itself in anything that might have a religious coloration. I hope you get the point now.
1st I want 2 thank U 4 ur in dept analysis of the issue. Its highly appreciated. Secondly, most of d points u raised though valid, are based on paranoia. I don't see Nigeria becoming a majority muslim nation. Besides,in these 12 states that u mention, sharia only comes in2 effect in 'civil cases' involving 'Muslims' only. That's if they choose 2 sort their grievances in a sharia court of law. At the vatican 2day, Nigeria is represented there. Is Nigeria a 'Catholic' nation? NO. So,if the OIC is inviting Nigeria 2a tournament,what's the deal there? Cameroon is also part of OIC,but does that make them an islamic country? NO. I respect ur views though,but I don't agree with some points u raised.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by dyydxx: 8:59pm On May 19, 2017
Jelal0007:
1st I want 2 thank U 4 ur in dept analysis of the issue. Its highly appreciated. Secondly, most of d points u raised though valid, are based on paranoia. I don't see Nigeria becoming a majority muslim nation. Besides,in these 12 states that u mention, sharia only comes in2 effect in 'civil cases' involving 'Muslims' only. That's if they choose 2 sort their grievances in a sharia court of law. At the vatican 2day, Nigeria is represented there. Is Nigeria a 'Catholic' nation? NO. So,if the OIC is inviting Nigeria 2a tournament,what's the deal there? Cameroon is also part of OIC,but does that make them an islamic country? NO. I respect ur views though,but I don't agree with some points u raised.

Sorry for replying very late I haven't been on this platform for a while. I also appreciate your civility and I'm happy there are still folks you can have a calm and cool discussion on a usually boiling and divisive topic. Now to the merits of the discussions:

The paranoia is highly justified, and this is based on facts not just because I feel that way. Most of the current conflicts in the whole world are from offshoots of Islamic battles. They are too many to cite but I will name a few. The current Syria war that is unending is one glaring example, another is the never ending Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. Don't even let us go far, In Nigeria here Boko haram only ravages in the sharia states. The cold hard fact is that Islam is prone to radicalization and extremism and as much as the mainstream Islamic clerics try to sugar coat it that islam is the religion of peace and progressive values they cannot wash away the various propensities of the religion to be hijacked by violent extremists because of the jihadi and absurdly backward injunctions contained in the religion. Never has a religion been so prone to violent extremism as you find with Islam, you never hear Hindus or Buddhists or Grail message adherents or even Christians radicalize in this way. So this is a valid concern.

If at any point in time, Nigeria becomes a majority muslim country, Islamic revolution is on the cards and sharia would be forced down the whole country. It will be like Iran. So much for tolerance and progressive values, everything will be thrown to the dogs and the fundamentalists will take over.

As regards the vatican, it's a country, infact it's the smallest country in the world with the Pope as the head of government. It is right that Nigeria has a diplomatic relationship with the catholic nation as Nigeria has relationships with several Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran and Pakistan and other islamic countries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Shanawole, 11-Year-Old Ex-Cultist Now A Pastor, Thanks To Pastor Tony Rapu / To All Winners Chapel Members, Save Your Member!!!!! / Prophet Bomadi: Pray For Goodluck Jonathan, They Will Send Assassins To Kill Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.