Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,901 members, 7,933,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:51 AM

CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports (43346 Views)

'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / Ruga: Eedris Abdulkareem Protests At RCCG Camp, Insists Adeboye Must Take Stand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Jelal0007(m): 9:02pm On May 12, 2017
Padiga:
Being a secular nation, naija has no business in the Islamic solidarity whatever.

Don't you get it?

If call India a Hindu nation, some Muslims there will be ready to kill you.
Oya petition the FG on this issue. Being an e-warrior doesn't change anything.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by gloryman91: 9:03pm On May 12, 2017
Why the noise? This is a multi-religious sta
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 12, 2017
mytym:

Let's assume you are Atheist and your clan/family is supposedly a combination of various divisions of atheism -free thinkers and the likes. Then there's a harmless Egungun sports festival being organized by Ògún Worshipers and strictly for Ògun Worshipers. But some of your 'atheist' kindred who are skilled in masking and dancing enlisted in the Egungun festival.

What will anybody or the organizers think of your Clan?

Apparently everyone will assume those kindreds of yours have represented the whole clan, and prseumed Your clan is traditional religionist which is NOT true.

Do you know the Genesis of Muslims having Sunday gatherings in Nigeria?

It's majorly because some churches/denominations have some how been able to lure and convert innocent and unsuspecting Muslims to Christianity simply by participating in harmless church activities on Sundays when these Muslims appear idle and unengaged.

Oga I don't have your time
this your epistle is a reflection of your IQ level
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by sapele914(m): 9:55pm On May 12, 2017
Mcowubaba:

You don't get it.
The sporting Event Is strictly for Muslim Countries.
And Nigeria is not a Muslim country, hence the opposition from CAN.

It's not about who is organizing the Sports, it's about the requirements for qualifying to be among the Contestants in the Sporting Event.

The requirements includes being a Muslim Country etc, can you see where the problem is?

If there is a sporting event and the requirements for qualifying for it requires a Country to be a Christian Country (and Nigeria is participating) , then the Muslims can also protest.

Can you kindly name a Sporting Event that was meant for only Christian/Atheist Countries and Nigeria participated
Name 1?
Kindly educate me
Go and check the history of the Olympic games for starters about the atheist and Roman Greek games for their Gods,even at the 1936 Berlin Olympics Adolf Hitler shook the hands of Jesse Owen the great black American athlete after he won the 100 meters, sports is about unity not bigotry,Nigeria is the 6th most populated Muslim country in the world with 77 million, so Can wants to disenfranchise them from participating?My guy don't show how myopic you are, Nigeria as a Nation is way bigger than your imagination, the more you think you know the less you actually know,who knows the amount of talents they could find there at the event,just like farouk that plays in the NBA for the portland Trail blazers. Go and check how many Nigerian athletes are representing UAE,Qatar,Oman,Bahrain to mention a few. Please tell me any other country you know in the world that the Government officially sends both Christians and Muslims on pilgrimages at the expense of the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by maasoap(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2017
[s]
CyrusTheGreat:

Poor logic. You are not "practicing Islam" by playing in a football tournament fool. If Nigeria participates in these games it is like announcing that it is a Muslim nation, which it is NOT.

Also, Islam is backwards and revolting. Because of laws letting muslims in the North "practice their religion", there is mass child-marriage of little children to rapist pedophiles, and there are jihadists like Boko Haram who brainwash kids and the desperate, rape and murder and steal, destroy infrastructure and schools (this is a sign that they are extremely stupid), and perpetually keep Northern Nigeria in the Dark Ages.

If Nigeria had no muslims, it would have no Boko Haram. If Nigeria had no Boko Haram, families would not be torn apart and schools and towns wouldn't be burnt down, sabotaging generations of education. If Nigeria's North was secular, instead of a rotten hotbed of Islam and Islamism, it could see freedom, economic and infrastructural development/growth, rise in education, safety and human rights being respected. Feast on that thought a moment.
[/s]
Feast on trash, I got no time to read the lengthy crap.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Agondagabi: 10:09pm On May 12, 2017
this CAN people u have a big problem called hippocracy.when your CAN president private jet was caught in SA with weapons and money,wetin concern CAN and weapons hmmm bk sponsors u need said any about that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by CyrusTheGreat: 10:46pm On May 12, 2017
maasoap:
[s][/s]
Feast on trash, I got no time to read the lengthy crap.

Of course, I wouldn't expect a Naijan muslim to take in opposing opinions, they're too damn stupid.

You carry on with your takbirs and your kneeling on a rug, idiot.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 12, 2017
chuose2:

Islam denies Jesus is the Son of God.

"Such was Jesus, the son of Mary; it is a statement of truth, about which they vainly dispute. It is not befitting to the majesty of God, that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, ‘Be' and it is" (Quran 19:34-35).

This is a spirit against Jesus called the Anti-Christ spirit.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. - 1 John 2:22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1John2:22&version=KJV

So yes Islam denies Jesus
Islam denies the attributes you give to him as the son of God,cus he isn't.
He never mentioned himself as one
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by sapele914(m): 10:56pm On May 12, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

Of course, I wouldn't expect a Naijan muslim to take in opposing opinions, they're too damn stupid.

You carry on with your takbirs and your kneeling on a rug, idiot.
It is common sense logic, you need awareness Mr cyrusthegreat. How dare you use Cyrus the Great "The Kings of Kings" name and be so misinformed?
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by udatso: 11:00pm On May 12, 2017
Let the fg settle this one and for all. They should start by removing ng as an Islamic country cos it posses serious threat to our unity especially now that Nigerians are very sensitive to religious matters. As a Muslim, I wouldn't feel comfortable if Nigeria is registered as a Christian nation (assuming there is something like that).
I believe the fact that Nigeria is enlisted as an Islamic nation was the reason she was invited to this game. Let's put an end to this.
As for our Muslim brothers who think there is nothing wrong with it, I want them to know that everything is wrong with it. Do to others what you want them to do to you.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Mcowubaba: 11:14pm On May 12, 2017
sapele914:
Go and check the history of the Olympic games for starters about the atheist and Roman Greek games for their Gods,even at the 1936 Berlin Olympics Adolf Hitler shook the hands of Jesse Owen the great black American athlete after he won the 100 meters, sports is about unity not bigotry,Nigeria is the 6th most populated Muslim country in the world with 77 million, so Can wants to disenfranchise them from participating?My guy don't show how myopic you are, Nigeria as a Nation is way bigger than your imagination, the more you think you know the less you actually know,who knows the amount of talents they could find there at the event,just like farouk that plays in the NBA for the portland Trail blazers. Go and check how many Nigerian athletes are representing UAE,Qatar,Oman,Bahrain to mention a few. Please tell me any other country you know in the world that the Government officially sends both Christians and Muslims on pilgrimages at the expense of the government.

Ogbeni, you're talking long story.
Nigeria is not meant to participate in any competition that is strictly for any religious group simple and short. QED.

That's the meaning of a Secular Nation, if you don't like it, Join Biafrans and demand for succession/referendum.

Oga, People are disenfranchised daily in Nigeria, you can see Nnamdi Kanu, El Zakzaky nd Co lamenting Daily, and also planning on breaking out of Country because it's not suitable to their own desires and idealogies.

Any Nigerian can represent any team in the world as far as he/she is accepted by law and standards, that has nothing to do with this discussion. 90% of Nigerians representing other countries are Immigrants or Citizens of that Country, the were either born there or migrated at a very early age nd are now Citizens (most of them don't even identify as Nigerians or with Nigeria) undecided.

Nigerian Government should NEVER participate in any Occasion that is STRICTLY meant for any Religious group SIMPLE. THAT'S part of the 1 Nigeria anthem, you can't have it 2 ways. If we must stay together as 1, you must be willing to make compromises.

As southerners need to get higher scores to get admitted to a Federal school, but Northerners can score anything and still get admitted grin WELCOME TO ONE NIGERIA.

I hope you know that the constitution guiding the RELIGION of Nigeria to be SECULAR was inspired to Promote ONE NIGERIA..

Baba, you can't have it both ways. Do you want a Muslim Country or a Country filled with over 3 major religious groups, if you want the latter, you are not expected to participate in any Religious activities that's is strictly for a particular religion, as a Government.

Note, Individuals can participate and fund whatever the want, but NOT Government

This Country (Nigeria) is too Sentimental, Tribal and Religion conscious to accommodate any deviation from the agreement of one Nigeria, if you can remember the massive noise that was made during 2015 election, when people accursed Buhari of plotting to Islamise Nigeria, Buhari himself had to give a press conference denying such allegation.

Nigerians don't joke with Religion, little wonder why there are many fanatics and sycophants in Nigeria.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by phestus(m): 11:18pm On May 12, 2017
OLAJADON:
Nigeria is a secular state where we have both Muslims and Christians, Now CAN is writing federal government to stop Nigeria from participating in a sport because the organisers are Muslims but there is nothing bad if we participate in any sport organised by Christians or atheist.
my question is how does individual either christian or Buddhist participating in a general sport organised by Muslims affect the individual religion.
this is pure hate of Islam with no logical reason.
The organisers confirmed that the games are strictly for Islamic countries because the ‘‘ISSF is a section of the Organisation of the Islamic Cooperation.
You seem to have skipped this part.
You welcome
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by biblia1: 11:27pm On May 12, 2017
HDVideos:
Lets ask questions

Why does our Naira notes all have Arabic on them?

Why does our Army and other millitary parasatals have arabic on their unifrom and logo?

Why is our National assembly building and all other buildings shaped as a mosque?

Why is our Flag having green as a basic colour just as all other islamic countries, is it because it is on record in Islam that Green is Mohammeds best colour? look at saudi arabias flag, pakistan, morocco, libya etc

I am not a fanatic but I want a secular Nigeria not a Islam Country.

Read the history of Turkey and Iran.. you would shake for our country.

But you sees nothing wrong with the CROSS as symbol in all our government's hospitals.
What does CROSS got to do with all our government's hospital?

Is Nigeria not a secular country?

At lease you know what CROSS means in Christianity?

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by TheFreeOne: 11:29pm On May 12, 2017
Imagine a secular nation participating in Islamic countries sports. And some brainless mofos still believed it's in order? SMH.

And some gullible individuals still believes there's no islamization agenda by those gang of jihadists presently running the country

Bunch of closet terrorists.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by APCmyheart(m): 11:37pm On May 12, 2017
CAN can go and die jor..
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Agimor(m): 11:51pm On May 12, 2017
Rilwan20:

You guys are more horrific than the religion fanatics reason why Nairaland mod have device a mode of declaring once faith before commenting on Muslims section because you hardly see Muslims commenting on Christian posts but you guys incessantly constitute nuisance on their posts. But the irony of this is that you are as meek as pussy cat organically, but claim to be gangster behind your keyboard. Bloody hypocrite, how can you type something like this when you are equally guilty of the same allegation. My two cents advice is travel to Kano with a mega phone in you hand and say the same thing you type here in Hausa.
Your comments just gave you out... You see why you guys are called terrorists..

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by RighteousI: 11:58pm On May 12, 2017
The False christian assocation of nigeria trying to deceive people to belive they are fighting for the righteous cause whilst they are for the devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by djeuneur: 12:08am On May 13, 2017
Rilwan20:

You guys are more horrific than the religion fanatics reason why Nairaland mod have device a mode of declaring once faith before commenting on Muslims section because you hardly see Muslims commenting on Christian posts but you guys incessantly constitute nuisance on their posts. But the irony of this is that you are as meek as pussy cat organically, but claim to be gangster behind your keyboard. Bloody hypocrite, how can you type something like this when you are equally guilty of the same allegation. My two cents advice is travel to Kano with a mega phone in you hand and say the same thing you type here in Hausa.

And what will the Islamic brothers in Kano do?
No need for an answer, we all know.

No Christian will lay a hand on you for doing the same.

I'm not a Muslim, but there's this aorta of aggression in the Islamic practice.

I might be wrong though. Cos I have a number of calm Muslim friends. Its confusing sef.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Elsouraj: 12:16am On May 13, 2017
CAN must be set of dumbs! How does dat affect d so called moderate christians in d nation, ofcourse muslim has majority of population... den why not. Soon CAN will be a matter of history if they will continue dis way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by stevedre: 12:23am On May 13, 2017
ransomed:
_:::--- Your points show that Nigeria is only for Northerners,that our military is Northern Army, Northern Air Force. We also use Arewa currency and the government is claiming secularity but we see evidence(s) of grand Islamization.

You wrote a piece of my mind, what about the average uneducated Yoruba, Igbo, Calabar and other ethnic people who don't understand English, Are they not Nigerians too
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by dyydxx: 2:24am On May 13, 2017
FrankGiel:

Let me give u another example.. The winner of the Most beautiful girl in Nigeria, represents Nigeria in Miss world.. This has nothing do with the FG..same with Big brother Africa, representatives represent Nigeria in BBA. This isn't business of government.. As long as the representatives of this Islamic sporting event are not funded by the Nigerian government it shouldnt be anyone's problem.
If Nigeria as a whole claims to be an Islamic state anD wants to finance such competitions, then i have a problem with it. The same way I have a problem with the Government sponsoring pilgrimage..

Miss world is a secular contest, it's not an Islamic contest and same for Big brother Africa...it's not an Islamic show...do you get the drift now? I have no problem with all these. This one we are talking about isn't a secular sport contest, but an Islamic one. It's pretty clear, the country isn't Islamic and to give the impression that the country is will be the fastest way to guarantee the splitting of the country. Attending this event gives the impression that Nigeria is an Islamic nation when it is clearly not, that's the issue. I hope it is clear now.

The very appearance of Nigeria in a strictly religious event is unconstitutional as the country is a secular state that has prohibited any form of religion as the official state religion. This is a very sensitive issue. Religion is very toxic and combustive and there is great wisdom in the separation of religion and state. When it comes to issues of Nigeria as a whole(I mean one entity)- the country should be at all times portrayed on the International stage as Secular.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by RAMBO10: 2:27am On May 13, 2017
NIGERIA SHOULD DIVIDE.LET WE NORTHERNERS HAV OUR COUNTRY
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by sirusX(m): 8:09am On May 13, 2017
udatso:
Let the fg settle this one and for all. They should start by removing ng as an Islamic country cos it posses serious threat to our unity especially now that Nigerians are very sensitive to religious matters. As a Muslim, I wouldn't feel comfortable if Nigeria is registered as a Christian nation (assuming there is something like that).
I believe the fact that Nigeria is enlisted as an Islamic nation was the reason she was invited to this game. Let's put an end to this.
As for our Muslim brothers who think there is nothing wrong with it, I want them to know that everything is wrong with it. Do to others what you want them to do to you.
I'm always thankful when I see people like you make so much sense without inclination to favoritism

It's about recognizing everybody as one, and understanding what is best for the people and the nation as a whole

We all are different, but in our differences there shouldn't be labels that should divide us

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Godson1978: 8:13am On May 13, 2017
Organising sport like this is not wrong,but when the sport strictly is for Islamic country and Nigeria is participating then something is fishing. It is a master plan to call Nigeria Islamic country. We should open our eye before it is too late. This is my country and we are one big family either Muslim or christian. Any real muslim will say no to this step. No Islamic agenda islamise this country will succeed in this country. Is not an error that God made us in different religion in Nigeria. So, no man born of a woman can alter it. I know that not all the muslim are in support. It also has political undertone. Godson.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Kunlexic(m): 8:23am On May 13, 2017
OLAJADON:
Nigeria is a secular state where we have both Muslims and Christians, Now CAN is writing federal government to stop Nigeria from participating in a sport because the organisers are Muslims but there is nothing bad if we participate in any sport organised by Christians or atheist.
my question is how does individual either christian or Buddhist participating in a general sport organised by Muslims affect the individual religion.
this is pure hate of Islam with no logical reason.
YES! Thank u.
More knowledge to ur brain
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Kunlexic(m): 8:29am On May 13, 2017
yorubaisevil:

No, you diabolically got it all wrong, this one is called Islamic solidarity sports federation... Always remember to complain whenever you hear about christian solidarity sports federation

Modifies,: this people are diabolical and takes everybody for a fool... I can still remember about Miss World... Didn't it offend the Islamic Nigeria?
dis is sentiment!

Dat means Nigeria shldnt be involve in any event organised by christain Nation
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Kunlexic(m): 8:34am On May 13, 2017
bamidelee:

do they ask xtians to participate? or are there no Muslim's in Nigeria
CAN should register as a political party and we know how to address them better. it's a must they put mouth in everything.
yeye dey smell
abi ooo
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Kunlexic(m): 8:40am On May 13, 2017
CheezyCharles:
so the general secretary of CAN is Musa ? like Musa? well who no like better thing? #TeamJesu
better thing?
Or he had gone astray
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Kunlexic(m): 8:47am On May 13, 2017
CAN Are u serious atall? What is ur problem with muslim society? Do yours and let's do ours Why is it u protest everything against muslims Hijab u protest
You are not forced to participate...it is for those who wish to participate.
Re: CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports by Kunlexic(m): 8:49am On May 13, 2017
CAN Are u serious atall? What is ur problem with muslim society? Do yours and let's do ours Why is it u protest everything against muslims Hijab u protest
You are not forced to participate...it is for those who wish to participate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / The Worst Kind Of People / Shanawole, 11-Year-Old Ex-Cultist Now A Pastor, Thanks To Pastor Tony Rapu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.