Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,866 members, 7,899,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why am i like this? Plz advise. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why am i like this? Plz advise. (895 Views)

Yes! I Told Him Openly That I Like It / I Just Discover My Online Girlfriend Has Moustache, Plz Advise Me / Do He Really Luv Me Or! Plz Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why am i like this? Plz advise. by Cockyzy(m): 8:04am On Jan 12, 2010
Lately,My girl and I had a phone-fight and she told me da better truth that i am being "possessive".i dont want to be a possessor,i wanna be a great lover in all ramification.please advise me on how can i get rid of dis possessiveness 4rm my system.am no jealous dude.Sincere advices needed please.
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
Trust! Learn to trust her!
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by echobee(f): 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2010
trust yourself,then u can trust someone else.
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
girls are like eggs if u push it , it will damage. trust her love her and give freedom to her
, all the very best
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by cliffy: 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
You really need to have other girls as friends for you to be thinking about her all the time, because from your behavior she might leave for that behavior, women don't like to be caged by the guys rather they like to be free, even if you're being suspicious about her don't let her know.

www.youridealguysorlady..com
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by elecktra(f): 4:06am On Jan 13, 2010
try and work on your self-esteem you are prolly battling insecurity,maybe you think someone might just snatch her and that thought is

making you paranoid,work on that and your attitude,could be the problem **just a thought**
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by ravenzord(m): 4:30am On Jan 13, 2010
You become possessive when U're 2 scared about losing someone. You can't say U aren't jealous and still be possessive, possessiveness is as a result of jealousy, U have 2 work on urself, try not 2 blow up when U see ur girlfriend with other guys, and whenever U're about 2 interrogate her over some act of hers or somewhere she's been to, pause and ask urself the motives of your interrogation, if you don't have a good reason, then desist,cos that's prolly your possessive nature at work. Besta luck
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by madlady(f): 7:39am On Jan 13, 2010
smiley

@Poster just relax, be nice to her, she will LOVE you if you do. lipsrsealed
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by 190: 8:40am On Jan 13, 2010
poster dont listen to them
they are telling u the Gospel lies
you have to be possessive over whats yours
you dont expect (you) to be possessive over another man's girl
shes yours thats why u are been careful
with this recent HIV everywhere even in the air,
we have to be careful, keep up the good work man
she wud never find another better lover anywhere apart from u~

when people come 1 direction,190 goes the other direction
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by Hotchyk(f): 9:07am On Jan 13, 2010
@poster,beleive me, being possessive irritates ladies. I had a boyfriend who was way too possessive during my university days.As soon as I went for my NYSC,I totally forgot about him,and it was not as if I had met someone else.I felt like I had just been released from a cage,and I let myself fly.This was a relationship that was on for about 5yrs.After my NYSC,I tried to make it work,but it was too obvious that we just couldnt be together anymore.
Learn to trust your partner,and remember that she has a mind of her own too.It makes her feel respected and comfortable with you.
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by Cockyzy(m): 9:47am On Jan 13, 2010
I trust her.i give her freedom,time and space.am not the jealous and possessive type.what i hate is being cut off when having a conversation with a girl.it makes me get so furious and agitated. I hate and abhor it to d extreme that i delete such contacts and warn them never to call my phone in their life.i kept acting as if i owned them and i never knew this until my girl told me tru d phone.this what happen between us and i never knew i was being possessive until she told me pointblank.i got mad and yell @ her.i apologise later on and thank her 4 letting me know.i hated myself afterward.i want to get rid of this habit b4 it go boom and destroy my relationship and new friendship.how can i stop this?
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by Hotchyk(f): 9:52am On Jan 13, 2010
You need to work on your temper.
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by Cockyzy(m): 10:00am On Jan 13, 2010
I am not bad tempered.please how can i put this attitude under control.
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by madlady(f): 10:48am On Jan 13, 2010
Cockyzy:

please how can i put this attitude under control.

It is one of the hardest things to do, but you must fight this side of your nature.

When you are about to bombard her with your tongue, think twice, tell her something nice that you like about her, why you like/love being with her. This will be more helpful to you both.
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by Cockyzy(m): 11:05am On Jan 13, 2010
Thanks to you all 4 ya advice. @madlady: thanks.am down with that.u da best.
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by tosyne007(m): 11:16am On Jan 13, 2010
@poster, u are sounding very confusing cos being possessive is quite different from having bad temper.

About ur possessiveness, i will support "190" cos wat he siad is just the basic truth. U become possessive over wat u like, love and cherish and same goes for jealousy but it doesn't have to be extreme. That is where u need to watch ur temper. U dont get possessive or jealous over things u dont love. Make ur girl understand that u are being possessive just because she means a lot to u. I can be very possessive when it comes to my babe and i see no reason why i shouldn't be cos i love her for real. Some people said something about trusting her and the likes, being possessive does not mean u dont trust the person, it means protecting what is yours, wat u love and value so much.

But shouting on the phone and cutting people off while a conversation is going on is as sign of bad temper and u need to watch it else it will affect your relationship with people. U cant get rid of it my brother, u can only control it. The power of a great man is his ability to put his emotions under control. Learn to be calm and listen to people. Furthermore, learn to listen to your babe, don't yell at her even while arguing. Hear her side of the story and be more free to ask/take her suggestions. I believe these tips and other u have received so far should help.

Best of luc.
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by Pweety4me(f): 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2010
Focus on other things. . . smiley
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by GL(f): 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
echo- bee:

trust yourself,then u can trust someone else.

elecktra:

try and work on your self-esteem you are prolly battling insecurity,maybe you think someone might just snatch her and that thought is

making you paranoid,work on that and your attitude,could be the problem **just a thought**

exactly!
Re: Why am i like this? Plz advise. by jenibayo(f): 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
Dear give ur self a big trust be 4 u trust ur babe ok kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Do Long Distance Relationships Really Work? / What Should I Do / What Will Happen If Ladies Could Be Pregnated Through Bluetooth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.